News from Metro
Professional wrestling is great, but you know what’s even better? Professional wrestling inside a massive metal cage with a roof on it. Inspired by many of the great battles seen at the Omni in NWA and in WCW’s War Games series, Hell in a Cell was a Jim
Video sharing app Vine is being killed off, it emerged today. The service let people share short (and sometimes long) videos which could be easily shared on Twitter, but it will close down in the coming months. ‘Since 2013, millions of people have turned
A town is urging Mean Girls actress Lindsay Lohan to honour her Twitter pledge to switch on their Christmas lights. Something she claimed she would be ‘happy’ to do after implying in June that nobody had heard of Kettering. Eight-week-old puppy dies afte
Manchester United star Wayne Rooney needs to accept he can’t play three times a week, claims Barcelona...
Barcelona legend Xavi believes Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney can still play at the highest level if he lessens his playing time. According to the Spaniard, the 31-year-old still has the ability to impress, but he needs to stop aiming to play in every
This week a lot of people got super excited when it was announced that for two days only, Londoners could ride a ‘unicorn’ to work. However, some were deeply offended by the carriage rides, and branded the experience as ‘animal exploitation’. For this we
Obviously, us Brits don’t have a say in who wins the election to determine the most powerful person in the world. But we can certainly root for one side to win over the other, and with that in mind, here is a website where you can find dozens of Donald T
Each year in October, Australia’s firemen strip off and pose for the Australian Fighfighter’s Calendar, so they can raise money for the Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Westmead Children’s Hospital Burns unit. It’s usually pretty glorious, because,
Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi admits that his return to English football has gone smoothly and it only took ‘one or two’ matches to adapt the Premier League again. The 24-year-old joined the Gunners for a fee of around £35million from Valencia in the
The days are growing colder and darker as winter begins to slowly set in. Britons across the country will be turning their clocks back this weekend, which means bidding farewell to British Summer Time until March next year. 19 things that happen every ti
Russia made the terrifying announcement this week that it had developed a nuclear warhead capable of destroying Britain twice over. The Satan II, as the new RS-28 missile has been called, was said to come with a 40 Mt warhead, with enough power to wipe o
Olivier Giroud and Cesc Fabregas are among the Premier League’s slowest players this season. Data provided by Opta has revealed the top speed each player has reached during a league game this term, and has thrown up some surprising results. Manchester Un
Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi has revealed he turned down a move to West Ham in order to sign for the Gunners because the north Londonders are simply a ‘bigger club’. The 20-year-old has become a first-team regular at the Emirates after making his debut in O
Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez is keen to stay at the club for as long as Diego Simeone is still manager. This is similar to teammate Antoine Griezmann, who has also been linked with a departure – but is keen to stay while the 46-year-old is stil
An eight-week old puppy who was brutally abused and ‘kicked like a football’ has died. Video shows career criminal begging for mercy as police dog pounces The Jack Russell terrier puppy was dropped off anonymously at a vets in Braintee, Essex on Monday,
Former Manchester United coach Phil Neville claims the Red Devils paid Chelsea £45million to sign Juan Mata in 2014. David Moyes made Mata the club’s record signing during his ill-fated ten months at Old Trafford and it was widely reported that Chelsea r
- 17:55 European banks reassure on earnings, dollar holds near highs
- 17:55 DARREN BROADBENT: Drug dealers to face no further action
- 17:54 Angelique Kerber and Dominika Cibulkova progress to last-four of...
- 17:54 England newcomer Zafar Ansari will make test debut against...
- 17:54 Manchester United U21 boss Warren Joyce set to be named Wigan...
- 17:50 Grieving mum: ‘Highway Code rule will not save lives’
- 17:50 Sutton alcoholic who fled Asda with lager refused treatment
- 17:50 Man City pair train ahead of West Brom game to boost Guardiola
- 17:49 Inside the twisted mind of Lance Hart
- 17:48 ‘Greedy’ finance boss jailed for five years over £180,000 fraud at...
- 17:46 ‘Greedy’ finance boss jailed for five years over £180,000 fraud at...
- 17:45 ‘Will somebody stop the damn match?’ – Four memorable Hell in a...
- 17:45 Area MPs attack trust over an OX postcode rule
- 17:45 Twitter is closing down its video sharing service Vine
- 17:45 France plans no special status for Paris finance jobs after Brexit,...
- 17:45 Rory’s hopes are dashed
- 17:44 Man remanded in custody after body is discovered in suitcase in...
- 17:44 Two men arrested after 10,000 litre fuel thefts in Burton
- 17:44 Derbyshire's Toyota factory will not be forced to close because of...
- 17:44 William Scott Abbott Trust receives last of money it needs to...
- 17:44 VIDEO NASTY: The beat goes on with creepy cops' Thrilling dance moves
- 17:44 Birmingham City vs Aston Villa: The Ian Holloway Second City derby...
- 17:44 FTSE boosted by Barclays, though mid-caps fall
- 17:43 High Court upholds Humpty Hill's status as village green
- 17:43 Suspended Baroness Tonge quits Lib Dems after chairing...
- 17:43 Arsenal hit by double injury blow with Santi Cazorla doubtful for...
- 17:43 Arsenal stars Alexis Sanchez, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud roll...
- 17:42 Innocent Iraqi citizens suffering toxic fallout from Mosul offensive
- 17:42 Stuart Cosgrove: How Detroit soul changed my life
- 17:42 Jamie Carragher hails Man United star Juan Mata: This is why he is...