News from Melton Times
Police vehicles patrolling across the Melton borough will now be equipped with life-saving defibrillators. The Leicestershire force has fitted 30 of the devices to allow officers to treat anyone they encounter while on duty who is suffering with a sudden
After nearly four years in vacancy Melton’s United Reformed Church will welcome Rev Elizabeth Thomson as the new minister on Saturday. Elizabeth will be responsible for the church and the Loughborough United Reformed Church following a recent agreement b
NHS England is to launch a consultation next month which could see GPs stop prescribing medicines which are available over the counter for a fraction of the cost. Gluten-free foods, omega-3 supplements and travel vaccinations are among the items which ma
Tesco have been left stumped after a teenager pointed out an unusual placement of condoms across all of their stores. Beth Cutts , 18, was shopping in her local Tesco Superstore when she noticed an unusual product placed underneath ‘Smoking Alternatives’
Melton’s Countrywide store was closed to allow the business to concentrate more on online sales. The Scalford Road branch, which sold products, services and advice to the rural community, shut for business earlier this month. It was one of 14 stores clos
Do you fancy appearing on this new dating show? It’s said that a growing number of people meet their life partners at weddings - so if you’re looking for Mr Right, this new TV show could be for you. Sharp Jack Media are currently casting a new unique dat
The UK’s first bespoke hotel for house rabbits and guinea pigs could still go ahead despite a planning application being refused by Melton Council. Stuart and Lisa Newton want to expand their existing animal boarding business, the Hop Inn at Stonesby, by
Firefighters were alerted when a blaze broke in a commercial rotisserie oven in Melton on Sunday morning. Two Melton crews attended the incident in Thorpe Road shortly before 9am. A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire
It will be all change in Britain on Tuesday when the new £1 coin enters circulation but millions of commuters could be left facing fresh chaos as it emerged 11 out of 18 rail providers had not upgraded their machines and would be unable to accept the new
Millions of Big Six energy customers are still overpaying for their energy but could get their prices back to 2008 rates according to the latest research from consumer watchdog Which?. The research found that those on an Big Six standard variable tariffs
The average age when Britons living in rented accommodation think they’ll be able to afford their own house is 33. The survey by Spark Energy found that one in six respondents (17 per cent) don’t believe they will ever be able to raise the money to purch
Amber necklaces and bracelets, wooden teething rattles and teething clips have been recalled after Trading Standards test results revealed them to be a choking hazard. The products, manufactured by It’s Handmade are aimed at teething babies and were volu
Rainbows wants Melton and Leicestershire supporters to give a gift that’s sweeter than chocolate this Easter
Only one in 10 children who are cared for by Rainbows can enjoy eating Easter eggs, so this year the hospice in Loughborough is asking people in Melton and Leicestershire to buy a Gift that Gives instead of chocolate. Everyone loves giving and receiving
New research has revealed just 16% of parents score full marks in an 11 Plus quiz. Are you as smart as an 11 year old? That’s the question Explore Learning has been asking Families readers across the country. The leading extra tuition provider quizzed mo
An outdoor woollen art exhibition in Baldocks Lane Park in Melton is available for all to see over the next few months. People are welcome to add their own crochet or knitted pieces of art in the park so the ‘yarnbombing’ project can evolve and grow. Jo
- 17:05 Villagers cut open seven-metre python to find their dead friend inside
- 17:05 Ashley was once told he'd die - now he's an amazing marathon man
- 17:05 Morley Iraq War veteran Simon Brown wins prestigious national award
- 17:04 EROTICA BRITANNIA OR EROICA BRITANNIA: Name of Derbyshire festival...
- 17:04 Where to watch films in Nottingham in IMAX 3D for just £3
- 17:04 'Moody arena sized' indie rock band Palace play The Bodega in...
- 17:04 Police given extra time to quiz man over Telford, Shifnal and...
- 17:03 FTSE climbs back led by miners, banks; Wolseley surges
- 17:03 Britons in Berlin look for ways to stay put as Brexit looms
- 17:03 Union Unite threatens its own officials with legal action over...
- 17:03 Congolese police fire bullets, tear gas to disperse opposition...
- 17:03 Qatari investors to explore Birmingham opportunities
- 17:03 Guns silent as engineers work to ease pressure on Syrian dam
- 17:03 Hiring a personal trainer isn’t cheating – it’s the best thing you...
- 17:03 Blackpool burglar who targeted the elderly left OAP in tears
- 17:02 France v Spain, LIVE: Plus Holland v Italy, Cristiano Ronaldo's...
- 17:02 'Carlos the Jackal' given third life sentence for 1974 attack on...
- 17:02 FRENCH ELECTION LATEST: Poll reveals Emmanuel Macron is the most...
- 17:02 Sorry you're leaving! Alvaston card shop closing after 23 years
- 17:02 Incredible images of wild tigers wandering deep in the Thai jungle...
- 17:02 Credit card details and passwords of MILLIONS of users have been...
- 17:02 Would YOU let a robot crawl through your intestines? Worm-like...
- 17:01 Two couples caught having sex in town centre flower bed
- 17:01 Wind blows opening date of New Forth Bridge back for a second time
- 17:01 Three teenage burglars shot dead in US
- 17:00 WATCH: Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 17:00 Angelina Jolie says ‘there’s nothing else to fear’ and is focused...
- 16:58 G4S recalls prisoner electronic tags over faulty strap fears
- 16:58 West Brom team news: Key duo fit for Manchester United clash
- 16:58 'I don't want the manager's job' Steve Round gives a detailed...