News from Melton Times
Nokia has relaunched its classic 3310 mobile phone as the tech firm revealed a new line-up in an attempted revamp of the company. An updated version of the 3310 - first launched in 2000 - complete with the classic mobile game Snake and a month-long stand
B&Q has issued a safety warning following concerns being raised over a range of light fittings. The DIY giant have found that the lamp shade rings on some models of the ranges of lights may fracture, which can cause the shade to fall from the...
Girls at Saint Francis Catholic Primary School swapped their school uniforms for their Guide, Brownie and Rainbows outfits to mark World Thinking Day. In doing so last Wednesday (February 22), they became part of a global sisterhood that extended to some
It’s time to fetch your goggles, arm bands, trunks and swim suits. Teams of swimmers are being sought for an annual charity challenge which has raised more than £97,000 for Melton causes over the last 16 years. The Melton Mowbray Lions Swimarathon will b
Men who drink more than a pint of beer a day over several years may increase their risk of heart disease by prematurely ageing their arteries, new research suggests. The study shows that drinking too much alcohol can affect the elasticity of the arterial
A special church service is being held at St John the Baptist Church, Old Dalby, to celebrate Women’s World Day of Prayer. The service, which takes place on Friday (March 3) from 2pm, has been prepared by Christian Women of the Philippines and is entitle
Mayor of Melton David Wright is still inviting worthy nominations for his Mayor’s Awards. There are three categories to put people forward for. The Award of Merit recognises those who make a voluntary and selfless contribution to the community. The Young
Thoughts of his mother who tragically died after being kicked by one of her horses, will be spurring Freddie on to complete his first London Marathon. Freddie Allen, 28, from Pickwell aims to raise £2,000 for equine charity, Brooke, in memory of his mum
A single white rose was placed where she normally sat as Melton councillors paid emotional tribute to colleague Val Manderson at their meeting last night (Thursday) following her death from breast cancer. The flag at the council’s Parkside offices was fl
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. From planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motorists and paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm Do
Melton residents are being warned of a new telephone scam which is currently sweeping the United States and is set to hit the UK. CPR Call Blocker, makers of the best-selling call blocking device in the US and UK, is urging the public to hang up if their
Work is to start on designing a special hub at Melton Cattle Market to showcase the borough’s heritage for food and drink. Market operators and Melton Council have appointed Maber architects to develop what will be the second phase of redevelopment of th
Melton MP Sir Alan Duncan will take forward constituents concerns about proposed cuts in the annual budget for schools across the Melton borough. Parents have been urged to fight the government’s planned changes to the formula for calculating the funding
Boredom in Britain is at an all-time low - thanks to our our SMARTPHONES. A survey of 2,000 Brits over 35 found that eight in 10 are rarely or never bored, because with their phone nearby there’s always something to do. Twenty per cent say they are “neve
Developers planning a new 3,000-home garden village near Melton say the properties would cater for a demand for houses across the county. Gladman Developments have approached Melton Council with preliminary proposals to build the scheme at Six Hills. It
- 14:09 What does a heart attack feel like? Symptoms could be mistaken for...
- 14:08 Music review: The SCO and Richard Egarr
- 14:07 U.S. core capital goods orders unexpectedly fall in January
- 14:07 FTSE gains despite insurers, LSE weakness
- 14:07 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:06 How Jose Mourinho rewarded his Man United players after their EFL...
- 14:06 Police found Carlisle murder accused 'covered in his partner's blood'
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway
- 14:01 Ray Parlour backs Arsenal to sign Manchester City striker Sergio...
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years