News from Matlock Mercury
Emergency services are currently dealing with a major incident in London, in which several people have been hurt. Here’s what we know so far.
Reports are currently coming in of a serious incident in London, in which several people have been hurt. News organisations are reporting shots being fired outside the House of Parliament, and several people being injured on Westminster Bridge. Witnesses
Over the past year, the political world as we knew it has been blown apart. Brexit, Trump, the sinister growth of ‘fake news’, deliberate high-profile lying, and a green light for internet trolls to utter the unthinkable. Racism, sexism and bigotry, at o
Staff at Northern Rail are set to hold a further 24-strike next month in a row over the future role of guards. Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) will walk out from 00.01am to 23.59pm on Saturday April 8. Mick Cash, RMT general secre
Clothing giant Primark has recalled a line of children’s clothing over safety fears. The Novelty Cat Legging, which was on sale in UK stores from November 8 2016 up to February 22 2017, was found to present a potential hazard during the company’s due-dil
Pictured here on the front row, centre, and second from right, back row, inset picture, is Lieutenant Colonel Bernard William Vann, a commander of the 6th Sherwood Foresters – the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment. Lt Col Vann has been honoured in
Staff at Crich Glebe Field Centre are hosting a fundraiser in a bid to replace a shortfall after budget cuts. The centre is the home of Daycare – a service for the elderly and socially isolated – but funding was slashed at the end of last year. Staff hav
A man has been charged with criminal damage after allegedly spreading muck across the steps outside Derby Crown Court. Charles Hirons, 49, of Nottingham Road, Draycott, is due to appear before Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court on April 5. Police wer
Volunteers who work tirelessly to help isolated and struggling Hurst Farm residents have received a cash donation of £6,100. The funding, from a county council pot set up to support local communities and tackle inequalities, will be used to help create a
A convict who absconded from an open prison in Derbyshire has been brought back to the UK from Holland. Michael Collinson absconded from HMP Sudbury in June 2012 and inquires to trace him found he was in Holland. Police applied for a European Arrest Warr
Police and licensees in Matlock have relaunched the town's Pubwatch scheme to help tackle alcohol related crime and disorder. The initiative sees licensees working together to help to make the night time economy safer, whilst being supported by police of
A group of skin creams containing paraffin have been linked to almost 40 fire deaths across Britain over the last decade. The products which usually treat conditions like eczema and psoriasis can leave people at risk of setting themselves ablaze, accordi
Ever thought you could do a much better job of managing the UK's money than the government? Well now's your chance. Well, in theory anyway. GoCompare.com have created a People's Budget interactive tool to give people the chance to play the role of Chance
It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday so what do you have planned? A home cooked lunch? Flowers? Chocolates? Or nothing?
An 11-year-old autistic boy from Derbyshire, who found his voice thanks to popstar Olly Murs, has had the chance to meet his hero. William Smedley was born with autism, epilepsy and severe learning difficulties and had over 60 seizures a day. For years
- 04:27 Sewol disaster ferry raised in South Korea after three years
- 04:23 Striker drops huge Manchester United transfer hint
- 04:17 Fed research signals inflation overshoot possible, but is it...
- 04:13 Cheryl Grimmer: Man arrested over girl's 1970 disappearance
- 04:12 Ryan Giggs: Why I think this star left Man United
- 04:07 Using maths to outsmart mosquitoes
- 04:02 UFC president Dana White admits Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather...
- 03:57 Trump fights for healthcare bill, makes headway with conservatives
- 03:55 #WeAreNotAfraid: Londoners send out message after terror attack
- 03:53 Man United launch stunning £95m raid for Monaco star Kylian Mbappe
- 03:44 'What's mum got to be depressed about?'
- 03:43 Peter Dutton backs voluntary postal plebiscite on marriage equality
- 03:30 ‘Elmo’ gets fired from Sesame Street in parody video and it’s all...
- 03:25 'She's doing well' Trump APPLAUDS May's strength after terror...
- 03:25 Macron HECKLED during HOSTILE mayors meeting in MAJOR boost for...
- 03:15 France's Le Pen calls for end to "Francafrique" relations, CFA...
- 03:15 France's Macron seen winning presidential vote - poll
- 03:14 Man accused of murdering toddler and attempting to kill twin sister...
- 03:14 Holyrood parties to decide when independence ballot vote will...
- 03:14 Funeral of Derry City's captain Ryan McBride to be held
- 03:05 Sam Faiers peeps beneath a HUGE faux fur hood on organic food shop...
- 03:05 'She endangered Courtney's life being reckless': Ruby Rose reveals...
- 03:05 'I’ve felt f***ing better!' Stephen Belafonte delivers his...
- 03:05 Buxom beauty Olivia Buckland goes braless in a plunging scarlet...
- 03:05 Tyga's busty ex-fling Demi Rose threatens to spill out of her...
- 03:05 Make-up free Coleen Rooney braves the rain in a fur-lined coat and...
- 03:05 Mercedes Bent! Jude Law looks fraught as he crashes his beloved...
- 03:04 Former AFP photographer detained in Bahrain, agency says
- 03:01 Canada seeks to end Uber's tax advantage over taxi companies
- 03:00 Victoria: detained children had to defecate on floor while locked...