News from Mansfield and Ashfield Chad
Report of court cases completed at Mansfield Magistrates’ Court. Theft Robert Mark Baraclough 41, of Hobhouse Road Mansfield admitted stealing a pedal cycle of value unknown. He also pleaded guilty to carrying a knife in a public place without good reaso
These are flippin' awesome... Here are some Pancake Day facts that we thought you should know...
Pets at Home has recalled four dry cat food products which has made three cats seriously ill. The AVA dry cat food products in question lists lower amounts of thiamine - which is also known as vitamin B1 - in their recipe than there actually is. The Food
Police responding to a terror attack in Tunsia which claimed two victims from Nottinghamshire were "at best shambolic and at worst cowardly", a coroner has concluded. A total of 38 people were killed when an Islamist gunman opened fire at a...
Supermarket giant Tesco has recalled a children’s toy over fears that it could present a potential hazard. The Wooden alphabet toy’s pull along cord on one batch code of the product may become frayed and unravel. The recalled item has a batch code of 161
Ashfield District Council has blamed Government cuts for raising the rate of Council Tax again in its budget this year. The authority approved its budget for the coming financial year 2016/17, including a rise in council tax and far ranging changes. Coun
A 13-year-old boy has gone missing from Kirkby. Keelen Lewis was last seen yesterday evening in the Spruce Grove area of Kirkby. Officers say they are concerned his safety after he was reported missing at around 7pm. Keelan is described as white, of broa
In June 2015, gunman Seifeddine Rezgui opened fire on tourists on a Tunisian beach, killing 38 people, 30 of whom were British, including two from Nottinghamshire One victim was social worker, John Stollery, from Walesby. Mr Stollery, from Walesby, was o
Temporary traffic lights are causing queues on A617 in Bramley Vale towards Mansfield. Delays are expected.
Welcome to our live Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and lots of fun features to help ease you into your day...
A new investigation into the 'suicide' of a Sutton woman who suffered multiple stab wounds hopes to shed new light on her death.
Hip hip hooray it’s pancake day! St John Ambulance, the nation’s leading first aid charity, has issued some tips to help deal with flipping injuries.
Police investigating the death of a 14-year-old after a crash in South Normanton are appealing for drivers to come forward with dashcam footage. Connor Revill died when he was in collision with a black Ford Fusion on Fordbridge Lane just before 8pm on Fe
The spectacular Cirque du Soleil has embarked on its first-ever UK arena tour with its signature production, Varekai. The critically-acclaimed show, updated and featuring new acts yet to be seen in the UK, is being staged at venues across the country, in
Ashfield District Council has moved to reassure people that asbestos has been removed safely during the improvement scheme at Sutton’s indoor market. The Chad was contacted by several people who were concerned that asbestos may have been disturbed by wor
- 15:03 Disgraced Adam Johnson claims he was given too harsh a sentence...
- 15:03 Man City skipper Vincent Kompany suffers another injury setback
- 15:03 Jose Mourinho must convince Zlatan Ibrahimovic to stay at...
- 15:02 South Lakes Safari Zoo: Report shows hundreds of animal deaths
- 15:02 UK child migrant so hungry she 'ate grain meant for pigs'
- 15:02 Were you one of the people who helped woman being attacked in street?
- 15:02 East Lancs Chief Exec named in top 50 CEOs in NHS
- 15:02 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 15:01 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 15:01 Pancake Day 2017: How to make perfect pancakes from scratch
- 15:00 Recipe found in medieval mystic’s writings was probably for ‘drugges’
- 15:00 Alzheimer’s research - the grim truth: 20 years of work and still...
- 15:00 Years-long dream of European exchange ended in half an hour
- 15:00 Jonny Owen says Don't Take Me Home highlights the similarities...
- 14:59 Aaron Ramsey makes huge Arsene Wenger admission: Arsenal players...
- 14:59 Ferrari boss breaks media silence in staggering admission about...
- 14:59 F1 2017 driver helmets: Every new design ahead of the upcoming season
- 14:58 Championship final table predicted by computer: Who will make the...
- 14:58 Nelson filmmaker nominated for national awards
- 14:58 What does ‘free-range’ actually mean? It’s complicated
- 14:58 #IAMGRIMSBY Vote now for your favourite fish and chip shop!
- 14:57 #softcoup: the plot to oust Corbyn (that might not really exist)
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...
- 14:56 Piers Morgan starts on J.K. Rowling AGAIN causing Richard Arnold to...