News from Mansfield and Ashfield Chad
A Mansfield Woodhouse mum has launched a fundraising campaign to help her toddler get a new prosthetic eye. Two-year-old Myah was born with a rare genetic condition called micropthamia, small eye syndrome, which meant her right eye never developed and sh
Leaders at an Ashfield school are all smiles after revealing it will be fully staffed with permanent teachers for the first time in five years. Parents had raised concerns over the volume of staff leaving Woodland View Primary School, Huthwaite, at the e
Staff at a Mansfield-based service providing stay-at-home care are celebrating after being hailed as “outstanding” by inspectors. Workwise Healthcare, which provides support to people in their own homes, as received an outstanding rating from the Care Qu
A Warsop war hero has been recognised with a new street named in his honour in his hometown. Street signs have now been installed to recognise the renaming of the A60 inner relief road in Warsop as Robert Bye Way. The road is named in honour of Sergeant
A jury was shown a harrowing dashcam video showing the moment a Sutton father was hit by a car and somersaulted over the roof before suffering serious head injuries. The trial of a man accused of deliberately using his car in a collision which left a ped
Just as we've stopped trying to rip apart the new indestructible £5 notes, the new £10 note has been revealed by Bank of England governor Mark Carney at Winchester Cathedral. It will feature a portrait of Jane Austen, with the note being being launched o
Mansfield residents could win big as a new lottery is set to launch in the town - and it will have a £20,000 jackpot. Mansfield District Council will be the first local authority to launch a lottery in Nottinghamshire and it is expected to be up and runn
A “callous” Mansfield man who started a fire at the home of his estranged wife’s new partner while were asleep upstairs has been jailed for five years and three months. Shane Clarke, 32, was convicted of arson recklessly endangering lives when he appeare
Recently I began reflecting on all the clients I had worked with over the past few years. It wasn’t just the clients themselves, it was also about the challenges they had faced and the grievances they had brought to me. I have worked with clients through
Scott Craig Blant-Harwood, aged 35, of Chapel Street, Sutton admitted to failing to stop at a red light. He was fined £40, given three points on his licence, and ordered to pay a £20 surcharge and £40 costs. Adam Paul White, aged 47, of Ash Grove, Skegby
Police have issued a fresh appeal for information as they continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of a man in Bestwood. Officers were called around 7.50pm on Thursday (July 13) to an address in Belconnen Road. Enquiries are ongoin
It took three hours for firefighters to tackle a house fire in Mansfield in the early hours of this morning. Crews from Ashfield and Edwinstowe arrived at the property on Portland Street at around 2:25am (on Tuesday, July 18). The property was a terrace
Discount clothes retail giant Primark has recalled pairs of flip-flop over fears they contain a chemical linked to cancer. Three pairs of flip flops sold in the store for almost six months this year have been recalled by the clothes store. A Primark spok
Panto bosses have cast a Bad Girl in a good role in Mansfield – and are hoping she will sprinkle some magic on the production. Actress Rebecca Wheatley – best known for playing hospital receptionist Amy Howard in long-running TV show Casualty – has been
Queen Elizabeth’s Academy in Mansfield has confirmed that it will be offering places to those families affected by the closure of the Vision Studio School, with over thirty students able to start at the academy from September 2017. Recent reports confirm
- 03:36 Glimmer of hope at last for India's vanishing Parsis
- 03:29 Justine Damond's death 'should not have happened'
- 02:42 Manchester United line up vs Man City includes Romelu Lukaku and...
- 02:27 EastEnders: Lisa Fowler to make ‘SHOCK return tonight’ as Louise...
- 02:14 Theresa May urged to intervene in imminent Saudi executions
- 02:07 Carmen Electra granted restraining order against 'madly in love'...
- 02:07 'I was so angry at her': Paddy McGuinness' wife Christine reveals...
- 02:07 A Storm-zy is brewing! Rapper has VERY awkward run-in with Olivia...
- 02:07 Millie Mackintosh is suited and booted in hot pink tuxedo as she...
- 02:07 Cara Delevingne flashes her cleavage in a plunging velvet trouser...
- 02:07 Khloe Kardashian's NBA beau Tristan Thompson tours $9M LA mansion...
- 02:07 All on the same channel! Big earners Lorraine Kelly, Andrea McLean...
- 02:03 Game of Thrones season 7: Kit Harington reveals which character Jon...
- 01:59 Man City convinced they are innocent over Kylian Mbappe claims
- 01:52 Alexis Sanchez treats stunning new flame Mayte Rodriguez to...
- 01:51 Migration policy risks being made in the dark, peers warn
- 01:44 Halle Berry drinks half a pint of whiskey at Kingsman Comic-Con panel
- 01:41 Church of England 'withdrew emotional support for abused'
- 01:41 Princess Diana's belongings to be displayed at Buckingham Palace
- 01:41 Apology demanded after airport terror stop for reading Syrian book
- 01:41 School exclusions: Record numbers for drugs and alcohol
- 01:35 Rethink planned over lack of CCTV in Cumbrian town
- 01:32 Salvador Dali's body exhumed for DNA tests
- 01:32 Siroki Brijeg 0-2 Aberdeen (agg 1-3): Greg Stewart and Gary...
- 01:32 Manchester United vs Manchester City, International Champions Cup...
- 01:18 Andrea Pirlo meets up with his old Juventus team-mates as mercurial...
- 01:13 Louis Tomlinson: Arctic Monkeys inspired my lyrics
- 01:12 London Stadium owners to ignore interest from betting firms in...
- 01:11 Turkey earthquake triggers 'small tsunami'
- 01:08 'Mind-blowing' cows hold clue to beating HIV