News from Manchester Evening News
After a cameo against Southampton Henrikh Mkhitaryan was treated to a supporting role at Hull. Last week, he was like Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction, understatedly gripping the audience in the little time he had. At the KC Stadium, Mkhitaryan was as
Monaco defender Fabinho has refused to rule out a transfer amid links to Manchester United. The 22-year-old was interesting United a year ago but a move for the right-back failed to materialise. Despite Louis van Gaal's departure, reports have suggested
Joe Hart has been told to go abroad on loan by former Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Corrigan after losing his place in the team. Claudio Bravo from Barcelona joined the Blues this week for £15.4m amid Pep Guardiola's concerns over Hart's distribution an
Pep Guardiola will keep Yaya Toure at Manchester City after being pleased by the attitude of the player. The Ivorian was one of a number of players that looked to have uncertain futures at the Etihad, with the new coach opting not to include him in a 21-
Paul Pogba proved during his transfer saga he is prolific on social media and the Manchester United midfielder had some sage advice for one of the club's Facebook followers. The Twitter account @MUFC_Facebook posts excerpts from the 'colourful and divers
Marcus Rashford's stoppage-time winner at Hull was the best feeling Luke Shaw has experienced on a football pitch. Manchester United striker Rashford tapped in Wayne Rooney's cross to clinch a fourth win out of four for Jose Mourinho and record just Unit
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has again talked up the possibility of a Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcus Rashford partnership. Substitute Rashford scored his ninth United goal in 20 games - and his fifth matchwinner - to snatch a late win at Hull o
Manchester City are facing a race against time to move on players who do not figure in Pep Guardiola’s plans for the season. Two City stars are set to be left out of the Champions League and Premier League squads on Thursday if they remain at the club be
Manchester United were prepared to pay a world record fee three years ago but Gareth Bale was intent on joining Real Madrid. It has not dissuaded The Reds from attempting to sign the Welshman. The Star on Sunday reports Jose Mourinho wants United to be '
Watching a visibly emotional Joe Hart blow kisses to the Etihad Stadium crowd as he departed the pitch at full time against Steaua Bucharest, it was difficult to begrudge him his moment. It is likely that he has played his last game for Manchester City,
Stuart Brennan The luxury of being able to relax for the second leg against Steaua in midweek should reap dividends for the clash with West Ham. The Hammers ended City's winning streak of five wins - and five clean sheets - at the start of last season wi
Jones, Rojo and Memphis must be questioning their futures Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Memphis Depay were not only overlooked for the 18-man squad at the KCOM Stadium, they didn’t even travel to Hull. Matteo Darmian was part of travelling party but watche
United have paid the price for victory at Hull with Marouane Fellaini set to be out for up to a month. The Belgian international suffered a back muscle injury at the KCOM Stadium in United's 1-0 victory on Saturday night. United don't play until the Manc
United's match winner Marcus Rashford was hailed by Jose Mourinho at Hull but he won't guarantee the teenager a start in the derby. The Wythenshawe-born striker rescued his side with his extra-time winner on Humberside on Saturday night. Last season the
West Ham reportedly see Manchester City forward Wilfried Bony as the ideal replacement for Enner Valencia. Striker Valencia is wanted by Championship outfit Aston Villa, and although he is way down the pecking order at the Olympic Stadium Slaven Bilic is
- 04:45 Two in, two out at Man Utd: Mourinho must offload senior duo to...
- 04:41 Labour to fight for diverse and united Britain, vows Jeremy Corbyn
- 04:40 David de la Cruz takes red jersey in dramatic stage nine win in Spain
- 04:39 Labour to fight for diverse and united Britain, vows Jeremy Corbyn
- 04:33 Female genital mutilation: Egypt to toughen penalties
- 04:28 Labour to fight for diverse and united Britain, vows Jeremy Corbyn
- 04:25 Iran arrest nuclear 'spy' after allegedly spilling state secrets to...
- 04:25 Zika virus: Singapore confirms 41 locally transmitted cases
- 04:25 German minister calls on refugees to be SENT HOME as it's...
- 04:25 Labour to fight for diverse and united Britain, vows Jeremy Corbyn
- 04:18 Man Utd inform ace: You won’t be leaving Old Trafford this summer
- 04:07 Tax burden on 'average household' will reach '£825,000' over a...
- 04:04 Pilots arrested on suspicion of being under alcohol influence due...
- 03:57 Calais chief wants migrant deal with UK
- 03:40 Boys rejected for England football coach job meet Allardyce
- 03:23 London Bridge concourse will 'transform travel through London'
- 03:23 Pilots arrested on suspicion of being under alcohol influence due...
- 03:23 Mediterranean diet 'better at treating heart disease than statins'
- 03:17 Angela Merkel faces RUIN as under half of Germans support...
- 03:13 London Bridge concourse will 'transform travel through London'
- 03:09 Mediterranean diet 'better at treating heart disease than statins'
- 03:08 Can Team GB help the North rise again?
- 03:08 London Bridge concourse will 'transform travel through London'
- 03:08 Pilots arrested on suspicion of being under alcohol influence due...
- 03:06 Mediterranean diet 'better at treating heart disease than statins'
- 03:03 Birmingham wins funniest city accolade after social media research
- 03:03 Mediterranean diet 'better at treating heart disease than statins'
- 03:02 Leicester tops 'least railway stations per population' poll
- 03:02 Mediterranean diet 'better at treating heart disease than statins'
- 03:00 Birmingham wins funniest city accolade after social media research