News from Manchester Evening News
Manchester United can return to the top table of European football - if they beat Ajax in their first ever Europa League final on May 24. With the Reds marooned in sixth place, Jose Mourinho's side will have to win Europe's second-tier competition to ret
It’s win or another season in the second tier of European football for Manchester United on Wednesday night. Jose Mourinho’s first Premier League campaign at Old Trafford might have been a little underwhelming by his own standards but there is still the
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has issued a statement following the terror attack at Manchester Arena. The Portuguese spoke ahead of flying out to Stockholm for Wednesday night's Europa League final against Ajax, expressing his sorrow following
Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has condemned the 'senseless' attack at Manchester Arena and offered counselling to employees affected by the tragedy which has claimed 22 lives. United had organised a party for club staff at Victori
Manchester United players were left in 'complete shock' following the sickening attack at the Manchester Arena on Monday night. An attacker set off an explosion outside the Arena shortly after an Ariana Grande concert finished, killing 22 people and leav
Two of the young players who featured in Manchester United's final Premier League squad of the season trained with the team ahead of the Europa League final. Demetri Mitchell and Scott McTominay were both with the first-team squad as they trained ahead o
Leroy Sane will undergo an operation on his nose, the German FA have confirmed. The Manchester City forward was due to take part in the Confederations Cup in Russia this summer - but has withdrawn from international duty to recuperate from surgery. He is
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has received a double fitness boost ahead of Wednesday's Europa League final. Chris Smalling and Marouane Fellaini both sat out United's final Premier League game of the season against Crystal Palace on Sunday with
Jose Mourinho’s press conference ahead of the Europa League final has been cancelled following Monday's terror attack in Manchester. The Manchester United manager and his players held a one-minute silence ahead of training on Tuesday morning, before flyi
Manchester City will put the Pep Guardiola-effect to the test in America this summer. The club will take part in the International Champions Cup, which will include a derby against Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United. City will also take on Real Madrid and
Manchester City have issued a statement following the terror attack at Manchester Arena on Monday night. The Etihad Stadium is being used as a support centre. Children were among those killed when a suicide bomber detonated a device at a concert by US si
Tim Fosu-Mensah has won the race against time to be available for the Europa League final. Now he hopes Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho makes his dream come true against his former club. The 19-year-old Dutch defender's hopes of European glory were
Manchester United have issued a statement following the terror attack at Manchester Arena on Monday night. Children were among those killed when a suicide bomber detonated a device at a concert by US singer Ariana Grande shortly after 10.30pm. Twenty two
Manchester United vs Ajax Europa League final statement issued by UEFA following Manchester Arena attack
UEFA have issued a statement ahead of Manchester United's Europa League final against Ajax - confirming there is “no specific intelligence” to suggest the game will be a target for terrorists. European football’s governing body has issued guidance to sup
Bacary Sagna said he was still in the dark over his future following the final game of the season. The 34-year-old right-back is one of six Manchester City players out of contract this summer – and Pablo Zabaleta and Gael Clichy have already confirmed th
- 15:44 Radio 1 Big Weekend adds extra security measures after Manchester...
- 15:43 Scarborough student caught up in Manchester terror attack
- 15:43 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:43 Rugby to hold vigil instead of hustings
- 15:43 Delivery Hero set to list before summer break: sources
- 15:43 Fidelity to allow clients to see digital currencies on website
- 15:43 Can you help police find missing 16-year-old Kyra?
- 15:42 Ariana Grande fans claim their bags weren’t checked at...
- 15:42 EasyJet plane at Gatwick is evacuated due to ‘mysterious white powder’
- 15:42 Boris Johnson confronted by furious heckler over broken Brexit bus...
- 15:42 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:42 Adlington vigil tonight for Manchester victims
- 15:41 Georges St-Pierre will fight for the welterweight title - Dana White
- 15:41 Barcelona ready to stun Man United with ambitious transfer raid for...
- 15:41 Why you could be SIX TIMES more likely to win tomorrow's £25m...
- 15:41 Motorist caught drink-driving after car’s shutdown system kicked in
- 15:40 Women’s Tour: “Let’s really show our support for these elite...
- 15:39 Pippa Middleton wedding: Duchess of Cambridge in NUDE outfit with...
- 15:39 Manchester Arena attack 3pm update - what we know so far
- 15:39 New road opens in Alnwick
- 15:38 'We can show the terrorists they can never win' - Manchester's...
- 15:38 Manchester terror attack: How you can pay your respects in Coventry
- 15:38 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:38 Kenwick Park: Anne storms to Memorial Trophy win
- 15:37 Europa League final TV channel, kick-off time and odds for Man Utd...
- 15:37 A50 Groby Road northbound from Fiveways Junction closed for second...
- 15:37 Polar bear project at Doncaster's Yorkshire Wildlife Park wins top...
- 15:37 Morrissey biopic to close Edinburgh International Film Festival
- 15:36 Your events in Newcastle & the North East: A music festival,...
- 15:36 Sir Roger Moore: James Bond actor dies aged 89 after short battle...