News from Manchester Evening News
Gary Neville believes Manchester United have produced their best home and away performances of the Premier League season without Zlatan Ibrahimovic. United recorded their second straight 2-0 league win at Burnley on Sunday to move within two point of fou
As Patrick Roberts continues to enjoy himself north of the border, he isn't sure whether he will return to Manchester City next season. The England Under-20 international escaped a dangerous tackle in the opening minutes of Celtic's Old Firm semi-final w
Manchester City could beat their rivals Manchester United to sign Monaco left Benjamin Mendy according to reports. The left back has been in impressive form for Ligue 1 side Monaco this season and unsurprisingly this has not gone unnoticed and a number o
Manchester United academy graduate Michael Keane has apparently expressed a wish to return to Old Trafford when quizzed by a fan. The Burnley defender started for the home side at Turf Moor against his boyhood club, a game United won 2-0 courtesy of goal
There's nothing like a football phone-in to encourage knee-jerk reactions and Sunday's FA Cup defeat to Arsenal appeared to do just that. A man claiming to be a Manchester City fan rang into talkSPORT to announce he had had enough with Pep Guardiola . Ci
"Hero," Jose Mourinho bellowed. It wasn't quite sufficient. "Incredible," he responded to a more specific question. Manchester United Photoshoppers are yet to mock up Eric Bailly in a Mr. Incredible super suit, though. On a day...
Ander Herrera is backing Manchester United's cruciate knee ligament injury victims Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo to return stronger than ever. The Swedish striker and Argentine defender suffered their long term injuries in last Thursday's Europa Lea
'Sir Alex Ferguson never publicly criticised his players' is about as accurate a statement as the Manchester United great's assertion he 'never held a grudge'. Ferguson singled out players as celebrated as Ryan Giggs and starry as David Beckham and Crist
Yaya Toure has suggested that the Manchester derby should be played without a referee after his team's FA Cup semi-final robbery. The Manchester City midfielder was furious that the Blues were denied a legitimate Raheem Sterling goal when a linesman wron
Juan Mata is set to make his Manchester United comeback before the end of the season. The Spanish midfielder had surgery to repair a hernia at the end of last month and has missed United's last seven matches. Jose Mourinho recently ruled Mata out for the
Sergio Aguero came off injured in Manchester City's FA Cup tie against Arsenal and fans were left concerned that he could miss the Manchester derby. Pep Guardiola said that Aguero, along with David Silva and Fernandinho, would all be assessed today after
Manchester City Women's Lucy Bronze was crowned Women's Player of the Year at the PFA Awards. It is the second time that the 25-year-old has been given the accolade and Bronze beat a number of her teammates to be given the award. Jane Ross and Jill Scott
Jose Mourinho was pleased with how Anthony Martial coped as the lone striker during Manchester United's Premier League win at Burnley. Martial started and finished a scintillating counter-attack to give United the lead at Turf Moor and assisted Wayne Roo
Sergio Aguero and David Silva are doubts for Thursday’s derby against Manchester United - but Pep Guardiola could unleash Gabriel Jesus in the pivotal clash. Aguero and Silva will be assessed on Monday after being forced off during Manchester City's 2-1
The rise, the fall and bouncing back: How Salford lad Scott Hogan bagged a £14million Aston Villa transfer
Aston Villa completed the signing of Brentford striker Scott Hogan for a Championship record £14million in January, but the Salford born star had a challenging battle at the beginning of his career. Making his way to Aston Villa via Rochdale and Brentfor
- 16:29 Netherlands international reveals where he wants to play at...
- 16:29 Arsenal star to upset Arsene Wenger by doing this in the summer
- 16:29 Man crushes his hand in machinery at Coventry meat factory
- 16:29 Nuneaton marathon runner helped Manchester United footballer over...
- 16:28 Why hasn't the review of Kirklees Council's failing children's...
- 16:28 Two people taken to hospital after car smash on M62 near Brighouse
- 16:28 ‘Disappointment’ over approval of housing plan near 12th century...
- 16:28 Parcelforce hold football match for Baby Beat Appeal
- 16:28 Fire crew called out to road traffic collision
- 16:27 Little Boy Blue: How many episodes are in Little Boy Blue? Cast,...
- 16:27 Ched Evans set for shock return to Sheffield United - five years...
- 16:26 Retiring headteacher surprised with unusual dance routine...
- 16:25 Watch Ed Sheeran learn to play the ukelele and sing with grieving...
- 16:25 Why having a bonfire this summer could cost you dearly
- 16:25 Travellers set up camp next to Coventry supermarket
- 16:24 Emergency services called to horrific crash in Barrow town centre
- 16:24 The thoughts on Gabby Agbonlahor from his Aston Villa team mates
- 16:24 The best and worst things about being a Wolves fan this week (the...
- 16:24 Police arrest three people after alleged stabbing
- 16:23 Retiring headteacher surprised with unusual dance routine...
- 16:21 Travel: Shepherd’s Huts at Beacon Hill Farm, Northumberland
- 16:21 Could Woolworths be set to return to Rugby after former boss makes...
- 16:20 Thieves are targeting Ford Transit vans
- 16:20 VIDEO: Vehicle hits house near Quadring level crossing and prompts...
- 16:20 BREAKING: Robbers target second Mansfield Woodhouse Post Office in...
- 16:19 More Merseyrail strikes to come as guard talks break down again
- 16:19 Three people charged after alleged stabbing in Derbyshire
- 16:19 French election relief sends Europe soaring
- 16:18 Could Woolworths be set to return to Harborough after former boss...
- 16:17 Little Boy Blue: True story of Rhys Jones’ murder – what happened...