News from Louth Leader
The school council at Lacey Gardens Junior School organised a book collection for a library at a Nepalese school, through the charity ‘Lincs2Nepal’. Charity representative Garry Goddard, visited the school to collect over 300 books donated by pupils’ fam
The first of four ‘Super Sundays’ during 2017 at Market Rasen Racecourse begin this weekend. The family days out – when all accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge – are held over four months, on February 19, March 12, April 9 and May 21. More
St James’ Church has become available for ‘limited use’ once again following renovation to pipework and flooring. The church’s renewed heating system has not yet been fully installed and tested, but temporary heating is currently in place. It is hoped th
GP numbers are heading for a ‘cliff edge’ as almost 40 per cent approach retirement in the next few years, it has been warned. Plans for the reorganisation of the NHS to help save £22bn are putting a greater focus on general practices taking appointments
Government and National Health Service bosses must plug a multi-billion pound funding gap in the NHS budget. Following explosive reports this week on the plans that could alter the course of the NHS in England, we’ve summarised everything you need to kno
All great stories start at the beginning, but for Ron Bullen that isn’t possible. On paper, he does not exist! Despite many years searching for answers to his identity, Ron doesn’t know his exact age, where he was born or who his parents are. No birth ce
Controversial plans for five new homes near Louth Canal have been withdrawn - but the developers are set to submit a new application for the site. The original plans regarding land to the north of 119 Eastfield Road, would have seen five new homes being
Nominations are now open for this year’s ‘Good Citizen Awards’, hosted by Lincolnshire County Council. Do you know a volunteer who frequently goes the extra mile to help others? Or, perhaps you know one of Lincolnshire’s unsung heroes - an ordinary perso
A Louth woman is set to lose her mid-length locks to help raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. Zara Vasey will be undertaking the charity headshave on February 24 - just days after her 30th birthday. She has decided to raise money for this worthy ca
Being a teacher’s pet has helped students at Somercotes Academy to raise £177.60 for the Louth and District Hospice Ltd charity. The competition involved students paying 50p each to match pictures of their teachers’ pets with their owners. The winner was
A pop-up shop being opened up in Louth for one day only this Sunday (February 19) ahead of a new fashion line going live to the public. Fotherby-based designer Ashley Janney is bringing out Season 3 of his fashion label and is a 2017 Autumn/Winter collec
Residents in coastal communities have slammed a Lincolnshire County Council decision to switch off street lights amid mounting fears it could lead to a hike in crime. The council is switching off lights across the county in a controversial move which it
The Chief Constable for Lincolnshire today vowed to launch a new drive to tackle rural crime. Chief Constable Bill Skelly told delegates at a meeting in Boston that he would be drawing up an action plan to tackle the issues being faced by rural communiti
Lincolnshire County Council leader Martin Hill said the abolition of the county council and seven districts to create a new unitary system would save £150m over five years. That money, he said, could be reinvested in service improvement and keep council
“Here in Lincolnshire we currently have eight councils, one county council and seven district councils. “We are proposing to ask the public whether these should all be replaced by a unitary system, so that there will only be one such council in an area.
- 21:06 Fears grow for missing Iraq war veteran suffering from PTSD...
- 21:04 William Hill first bookies to back Yes vote for Indyref2
- 21:02 Iraq's oil reserves increase to 153 billion barrels, oil minister says
- 21:00 Woman, 27, dead and children among injured in Cumbria crash horror
- 20:59 Migrants catch buses to Dunkirk in latest bid to reach Britain
- 20:59 Merkel gets tough on migrants: Chancellor deports RECORD 80,000...
- 20:59 Man United boss Jose Mourinho reveals why Chelsea are favourites...
- 20:57 Countryfile viewers horrified by GRAPHIC cow Caesarean: ‘Tell me...
- 20:57 Newcastle know they have the capabilities to beat Aston Villa -...
- 20:57 Jose Mourinho hints Chelsea should have edge in FA Cup...
- 20:55 Jose Mourinho praises attitude of Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 20:54 Police surprised by response for oversubscribed ‘ride along’ scheme
- 20:53 Discover just what Bowland has to offer
- 20:51 'Chelsea can afford to pay more attention to FA Cup quarter final...
- 20:49 Euro giants join four Premier League clubs in battle for £40m-rated...
- 20:47 YouTube sensation Korean Billy tries his hand at talking Brummie
- 20:41 Suicide bomb in market in Somalia capital kills 39
- 20:41 Neglected dog’s fur was so matted it couldn’t pee properly
- 20:39 Alex Neil says Norwich City struggle in games like trip to Burton...
- 20:39 Mother of baby who nearly died from heart defect raises money for...
- 20:38 Retired Cod Wars trawler converted into Ben Nevis BnB
- 20:37 Graeme Souness launches scathing attack on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil
- 20:36 Welsh Premier: Bangor City survive late scare to take three points
- 20:31 Chelsea ace is destined for big things: He's proved this to Antonio...
- 20:31 Paul Scholes: Jose Mourinho must sign Champions League winner to...
- 20:31 Tributes are paid to Sheffield gun attack victim
- 20:27 'Over the moon' - hundreds of fans at Sincil Bank for Lincoln City...
- 20:27 Electrical fault causes car fire in Tydd Gote
- 20:25 Jose Mourinho tells Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Manchester United...
- 20:24 Carlisle opera singer Andrew Johnston wows cathedral audience