News from Louth Leader
Local farmers are being urged to follow Government advice on keeping their poultry safe from avian flu. The Government Chief Vet has announced measures to help protect poultry and captive birds from a strain of avian flu circulating in mainland Europe. N
The community is rallying to help the five families left homeless by a fire that ripped through an Ingoldmells hotel yesterday afternoon (Friday). Within hours of the devastating fire breaking out at the Sea Lane Hotel, near Fantasy Island amusement park
Multiple police cars containing armed police attended the scene in Mercer Row and Park Avenue in Louth this afternoon (Friday), as part of a ‘pre-planned arrest’. A Lincolnshire Police spokesman has confirmed that the police activity relates to a ‘pre-pl
Lincolnshire East CCG is encouraging all pregnant women to get their free flu vaccination before the flu virus starts circulating. Flu can cause complications during pregnancy, particularly in the later stages, such as premature births or low birth weigh
Fixtures for December 10... Mason Bros Lincs Junior Cup (KO 1.30pm): Coningsby v Stamford Lions (M. Webster), Leverton SFC v North Somercotes United (P. Revell), Skegness Town v Horncastle Town (N. Sleaford), Spilsby Town v Benington (R. Holland), Wybert
The next Chief Constable of Lincolnshire Police has a 255-mile trip from the south-west coast of England ahead of him before taking up his new post. Bill Skelly (50), a married dad-of-two who was born in eastern Scotland, emerged from a pool of five cand
A romantic drama is a special Christmas treat for those wanting to see the next flick on screen, chosen by Louth Film Club. George Cukor’s The Philadelphia Story (of 1940) will be shown by the club on Monday, December 12. Louth Film Club chair, Paul Hill
A Louth man who is facing charges of abducting a teenage girl, and having sexual activity with a girl under the age of 16, is set to face trial next April. Paul John Whiteside, 46, of Old School Court, pleaded not guilty to both charges when he appeared
Prime Minister Theresa May has told The Standard that she will make a success of Brexit for farmers in Lincolnshire. In an exclusive question and answer session ahead of the Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election, she also said the Government would conti
A 31-year-old Louth man will go on trial at Lincoln Crown Court next month, to face a charge of rape. William Frank Robinson, of St Bernard’s Close, appeared at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (December 8) to face the charge, which alleges that he
A witness has spoken of her terror as she saw a fire start in the roof of a hotel in Ingoldmells. Four crews were called to the scene in Sea Lane at 11.52am. A Tweet from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: “Four appliances and ALP attending a fire at a h
Peter William Wright, 63, of Havelock Close in Louth, has been ordered to pay almost £800 after pleading guilty to stealing £20 cash from Jacksons Butchers in Eastgate. Wright committed the theft on January 2, and had previously pleaded not guilty to the
Lincolnshire is top of the class according to the latest Education and Skills Annual Report from Ofsted as the county is the best performing in the East Midlands with 93% of schools rated good or better. Lincolnshire County Council (83%) was only one of
The justice secretary has praised our campaign calling for tougher sentences for those who kill on the roads. Liz Truss MP said the Johnston Press Drive for Justice campaign worked ‘tirelessly’ for victims’ families. It comes just days after the Ministry
A man was injured after he was hit by a car in Louth on Wednesday afternoon - and the car failed to stop after the incident. The collision happened in Eastgate just after 3pm on Wednesday (December 7), opposite the Eastgate car park and Lincolnshire Co-o
- 14:38 Festive season kicks off in Rutland towns
- 14:38 Rats filmed crawling over sandwiches in popular bakery chain
- 14:38 Bourne Garden Club lines up talk on Grimsthorpe
- 14:38 Doctors perform caesarean on woman with learning difficulties...
- 14:38 Motorist flees from car after fire breaks out in Liversage Road, Derby
- 14:36 David Seaman: Arsenal must do this to win the title
- 14:35 St Peter's Bridge is partially blocked after collision
- 14:33 Ticketmaster reveals which Nottingham gig was voted the best of 2016
- 14:33 'Protest party' celebrates the popularity of at-risk community centre
- 14:32 Bob the cross-eyed cat is desperately trying to find a home in time...
- 14:31 Watford 3 - 2 Everton: Stefano Okaka scores twice to extend the...
- 14:30 Poultry farmers asked to help to keep Lincolnshire free from avian flu
- 14:29 Watford 3-2 Everton: Stefano Okaka brace stuns the Toffees as...
- 14:26 Manchester United transfer target Bruma reveals talks with...
- 14:26 Scouting report: Would Romelu Lukaku be better at Chelsea or...
- 14:23 Hoarding the cash: Which clubs have made most money from UEFA in...
- 14:23 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...
- 14:22 Police seek man to help them with enquiries into a burglary
- 14:22 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...
- 14:21 Lorry driver jailed for over 11 years for £5m drug smuggling bid
- 14:21 Manchester United v Tottenham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and...
- 14:21 Aaron Ramsey misses Arsenal vs Stoke City due to hamstring injury
- 14:21 Professor blasts proposals to overhaul north Cumbrian NHS
- 14:20 Muhammad Ali's letter of condolence to Nelson Mandela up for sale
- 14:20 Registrar quits amid row over 'donation for place at Stowe School'
- 14:20 Can you give this artwork painted by the Melton Well Being Art...
- 14:20 Burton Albion team news: do the Brewers make any changes at Brentford?
- 14:19 Paedophile who sexually abused schoolgirls more than 10 years ago...
- 14:19 TV COLUMN: Lawful Killing: Mark Duggan, The Choir: Gareth’s Best in...
- 14:19 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...