News from Louth Leader
There was a rare away win for Louth Indoor Bowls Club’s Mixed B team from their recent visit to Grantham. They won on four rinks and triumphed on aggregate shots by 98 to 75. Team captain Rob Lamb’s rink of Ken Hasnip, Irene Bailey and Ruth Barker won 20
Prime Minister Theresa May today laid out her plans for Brexit. But what would be your priority for the country if you were negotiating with other EU leaders? Have your say in our reader poll here.
Britain will leave the European single market when it quits the European Union, Theresa May has said. Mrs May said that her plans for Brexit cannot allow continued membership of the single market, which would require free movement of people and accepting
Internet and television providers are sending out warning letters to households believed to be watching pirate TV, either from illegal downloads or Andriod/Kodi devices. According to reports, the UK’s main internet providers are launching a new crackdown
The average mum will fall ill 324 times over their youngster’s childhood with colds and bugs passed on to them by their offspring, a study has found. An endless cycle of sore throats, runny noses, migraines and sickness bugs means mums are left feeling u
Lincolnshire Police are investigating an incident of alleged racial abuse in a queue at Horncastle post office. The incident took place at around 12.30pm on Monday December 12, and involved a mother being subjected to the alleged racial abuse. PC Deb Cam
Kenwick Park golfer Ashton Turner made a good start to his first full year as a professional with a pair of top 10 finishes in the Algarve last week. Turner finished tied for sixth at the 36-hole Duvalay Classic at the Quinta do Lago course, in Portugal,
New tax rules will end up costing motorists hundreds of pounds when they come into force in April. The DVLA’s VED car tax is set for an overhaul that means cars that previously dodged a bill will now be liable. The environmental vehicle excise duty [VED]
Britain is among the top five countries worldwide for mothers drinking during pregnancy, according to new research. The findings should cause concern, as the researchers have warned of the huge impact alcohol can have on babies’ health, and recommend abs
The Collection will play host to exhibition of eight competition-winning artists this month. January 28 will see what is being desribed as ‘the best’ of the region’s new art showcased at the OPEM 4 exhibition at the Collection in Lincoln. The chosen regi
A couple of times a year, the UK is presented with the competing emotions of seeing children bouncing off the walls with excitement and the dread of the chaotic morning commute. It is snowing. Barbara Turnbull, Associate Professor in Environmental Fluid
Louth Town Reserves claimed the derby bragging rights as they saw off Louth Old Boys 4-1 on Saturday. Old Boys went into the game on a run of three wins in five, but were comfortably dispatched by a Reserves side chalking up only their second league win
Neil Johnson rounds up this week’s action... Taylors Garages Premier Division Swineshead remain top of the Taylors Garages Premier Division following a 2-0 home win against Boston College. Jack Houghton and Bert Snaith hit the crucial goals. Spislby Town
Louth Town secured their third victory in four to strengthen their position in the Lincolnshire Football League. The White Wolves went into the trip to Ruston Sports on the back of a 3-0 defeat at Lincoln Moorlands but took a slender 1-0 half-time lead t
A star created 1,800 years ago after the collision of two distant suns is set to appear in the night sky for the first time – as the light from the crash finally reaches the Earth. Scientists predict that for six months in 2022, stargazers will be able t
- 19:30 Woman cries tears of joy after delivery driver's random act of...
- 19:29 Shocking drone footage shows the huge scale of the 25 mile-long...
- 19:29 It's not just humans who are rational! Fruit flies are just as...
- 19:29 The weirdest wasp on the planet: Researchers reveal 'Ay caramba!'...
- 19:27 'The brightest of all asteroids' could be visible in the skies...
- 19:27 Gwynedd residents using care services at home will face £1,400 rise...
- 19:27 CCTV appeal after taxi driver robbed at knifepoint -just days...
- 19:24 ‘We all believe in something’
- 19:24 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 19:23 Facelift could be on the cards for shops in Tamworth's Ventura Park
- 19:22 A&E ‘chaos’ as cancer patient has 10-hour wait
- 19:20 Rowdy dancer fined after punching clubber on New Year's Eve
- 19:20 Employees give time back to community
- 19:20 Rural businesses at Thorner dig their way to ultra-fast internet
- 19:20 Hollyoaks spoilers: How did Grace kill Eva? Kerry Bennett has the...
- 19:19 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 19:18 Dai Young sweats on Wasps front row 'red flags' until injuries clear
- 19:18 'When they cross that white line, they'll give 100%' - fans set for...
- 19:17 Crystal Palace v Bolton, Burnley v Sunderland: LIVE FA Cup third...
- 19:16 British air strikes destroy IS terror group's Mosul drone base
- 19:15 Mattioli Woods couple to spend year travelling world - while...
- 19:15 Police in new CCTV appeal over Birmingham carjackings
- 19:13 A can of Spam is less dangerous these days
- 19:13 The urgent need to tackle crisis in adult social care
- 19:13 Australia Day billboard showing girls wearing hijabs removed after...
- 19:12 Courts: Man who drunkenly misbehaved at Coventry train station hit...
- 19:12 Charlie Nicholas urges Arsene Wenger to sell this Arsenal star...
- 19:12 There might be MOULD growing in your child's Sophie the Giraffe toy
- 19:12 Bethany Hill murder trial: 'Panic can cause you to say anything' -...
- 19:11 Musical extends the festive fun