News from Liverpool Echo
A paedophile released from jail was caught downloading sick images when his past identity fraud came back to haunt him. Ex-taxi driver Andrew McPherson was handed 16 months behind bars for downloading 800,000 child sex abuse images in June 2014. He was a
A pervert who collected more than 18,000 illicit pictures of children today claimed he had been viewing indecent images since he was just 10 years old. Michael Gleave told police the material was “too easy to find” - with that access “feeding the compuls
A THUG jailed for setting his dog on his girlfriend’s TORTOISE was locked up again for attempting to smuggle drugs through Edinburgh Airport. David O’Toole, 30, was caught with a suitcase packed with 15kg of cannabis, worth around £150,000, as he travell
Merseyside's oldest pub is set to re-open in time for the Grand National, after being devastated in a fire last year. The Scotch Piper on Southport Road, Lydiate was almost destroyed after its 100-year-old thatched roof went up in flames on December 6, 2
A pervert was jailed after being caught in possession of two “paedophile manuals.” Nicky Lloyd had the manuals containing graphic guidance on how to sexually abuse children without getting caught. The 32-year-old was arrested on Straker Avenue, Ellesmere
More than 150kg of drugs were discovered by police called to a Liverpool home after a ‘grenade’ exploded at the property. The massive haul of amphetamines was found when officers were called to an address in Dingle following reports of an explosion. Patr
A new “Hillsborough Law” can stop bereaved families suffering in the way the loved ones of the 96 did in their battle for justice, according to Andy Burnham. The Labour MP introduced the proposed Public Authorities Bill to Parliament for the first time t
A drug lord who modelled himself on Pablo Escobar has lost an appeal against his latest prison sentence. Christopher Welsh Jnr, 38, of Lyndale Avenue, Eastham, was jailed for more than 16 years for orchestrating a £200m international cartel. Welsh, nickn
Tributes were paid to a much-loved man who it is suspected was murdered in Wirral. Jeremy Dickinson, 57, was found dead at his home in Albemarle Road, Seacombe on Tuesday. His “best buddy” and next door neighbour, Laurence Lamb, paid tribute to the man h
The largest hydraulic crane in the world has been installed at a Liverpool dock – and the views from up there are amazing. The £1.8m crane is now working at the Port of Garston, lifting cargoes such as gravel to scrap metal from ship to shore. Port owner
A man remains in critical condition after being injured in an explosion which rocked New Ferry . The blast completely destroyed a dance studio, damaging nearby houses and leaving 34 people injured. Two of those hurt in the blast were taken to hospital in
A New Ferry resident has been reunited with his cat four days after he went missing during the Wirral explosion. Sparky went missing on Saturday night, shortly after the massive blast left two people seriously injured and destroyed several buildings. Chr
THE devastated family of a 16-year-old boy today told how intruders burst into his home and stabbed him. Two knife-wielding attackers forced their way into the Whiston home of Aidan McAteer and plunged a blade in his side. They then chased the teenager t
Merseyrail has revealed its plans to run train services when staff walk out on strike on the day of the Grand National at Aintree. The rail firm said it has been working with Aintree Racecourse and Merseytravel to find a way to run its usual “Grand Natio
Last night a new feature popped up on people's Facebook apps... Facebook Stories. This is the social media platform's latest functionality that directly positions itself against rival messenger application Snapchat. Like Snapchat, Facebook stories has a
- 05:44 Up to SEVENTEEN sheds burnt down at one Coventry allotments site
- 05:44 Coventry City fan to miss Wembley final after breaking ankle...
- 05:44 Too expensive and unreliable public transport is costing North East...
- 05:35 French left-wing heavyweight Manuel Valls ABANDONS party's...
- 05:35 Mexico suspends judge who dismissed sexual assault charges against...
- 05:35 ‘Russia is ACTIVELY INVOLVED in French election’, US intelligence...
- 05:33 Antonio Conte will persuade Real Madrid star to join in summer -...
- 05:33 You won't believe which country has the most Liverpool fans
- 05:32 Lincoln man, 31, accused of sexual activity with child to appear in...
- 05:28 Take a look around new Leicester barbers which offers free beer to...
- 05:28 New road for buses and taxis to be built on former Leicester ABC...
- 05:28 'I believe she wasn't unconscious' - Download Festival sex assault...
- 05:27 BBC Three starts recruiting in Birmingham ahead of move
- 05:27 Birmingham offers two prime locations for a new Channel 4 headquarters
- 05:21 You won't believe what Man United fans are saying about Leeds
- 05:21 Liverpool to reopen contract talks with star in coming weeks
- 05:21 What will Tottenham's XI look like in 2022? Football Manager predicts
- 05:21 Jose Mourinho: It would be exciting to coach this team
- 05:21 Arsenal star makes Real Madrid admission: I can’t wait for this to...
- 05:21 Imitation firearm charge lands Lincoln woman in court
- 05:17 Birmingham offers two prime locations for a new Channel 4 headquarters
- 05:17 BBC Three starts recruiting in Birmingham ahead of move
- 05:17 US finance giant invests £42m in Birmingham company
- 05:16 New Lincolnshire-Co-op and pharmacy to open - 14 jobs to be created
- 05:16 Gainsborough Trinity boss Dave Frecklington calls on team to use...
- 05:16 Luke Waterfall insists Lincoln City hold edge over rivals ahead of...
- 05:11 Chelsea complete deal to sign Scottish wonderkid ahead of Arsenal...
- 05:10 'Golden age' of North Wales tourism expected to fuel summer jobs boom
- 05:07 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss finally exposes future decision
- 05:04 Who are ya?! Can you guess which country has the most Chelsea fans?