News from Liverpool Echo
The first photos have been unveiled of the new Nokia 3310 as the classic handset makes a comeback. Nokia plans to relaunch one of the world’s most popular phones later this year - complete with the addictive Snake game. The colourful new version of the i
It’s no secret that in Liverpool we have a huge collection of popular sayings that you wouldn’t hear anywhere else. And while you will find some of the friendliest people in the world on Merseyside , get on the wrong side of a scouser and a perfectly-tim
A Liverpool man who saved his neighbourhood from the bulldozers has thanked the community for helping him achieve so much over the last thirty years. Tony McGann was the galvanising force behind the formation of the Eldonian housing association, which wa
A 25-year-old man arrested in connection with the escape of convicted murderer Shaun Walmsley has been released. The man, from Norris Green, was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice on Friday night. Detectives are working with police
The touching story behind a memorial plaque in Sefton Park has been revealed thanks to ECHO readers. Yesterday we appealed for information about the ‘Mick Foley tree’ near Greenbank Drive - which contains a memorial plaque to a former Sunday league footb
The future of Liverpool’s massive £160m Central Village scheme is still shrouded in mystery – but the ECHO can reveal there are now some signs of progress. The scheme was set to have seen the transformation of the former Lewis’s building and the land beh
Just when Liverpool was starting to get over Storm Doris, there’s more weather misery set to hit the UK. The country is set to be hit by high winds, icy conditions and even snow in the wake of Storm Ewan, which is sweeping across Ireland. The Met Office
TripAdvisor users have named their top hotels on Merseyside - and some of them may surprise you. We’ve taken a look at the top rated hotels in the area, according to reviews on the popular travel review site. Included in the mix are luxury apartments, pa
An overcrowded hospital has put up patients in a luxury Heswall care home to reduce unprecedented pressures on the NHS. Arrowe Park Hospital patients staying at The Hazelwell can enjoy “five-star accommodation”, a piano bar, an impressive rooftop terrace
A burned out car was found after smashing into a cash machine in Fazakerley. The charred remains of the Land Rover were cordoned off on Longmoor Lane next to the mowed down ATM. Crews worked to clear the upturned vehicle and fuel could be seen on the flo
The daughter of legendary ex-Liverpool footballer Tommy Smith has spoken out about her dad’s battle with Alzheimers. The defender, who played for Liverpool in the 60s and 70s was diagnosed with Alzheimers and dementia in October 2014, after caring for hi
A Liverpool artist has paid homage to his hometown by creating an amazing Merseyside mural. Paul Curtis, 38, originally from Woolton but now lives in central Liverpool filmed himself painting the detailed waterfront scene. The timelapse clip shows Paul p
Have you ever noticed there’s something missing from the M62? If you’re heading eastbound and away from Liverpool, you will know that the M62 starts at Queens Drive – but junction 5 is the first one you come to. Queens Drive is unofficially classed at ju
A Wirral woman splashed out more than £1,000 on a giant bespoke birthday cake and goodie bags for over-excited guests at a first birthday party – for her DOG! Devoted dog owner Mariela Helmsley was determined to make sure her beloved labradoodle Brosko h
Police are investigating after a man was dropped off at Fazakerley hospital in the early hours of this morning after being stabbed. The 21-year-old man was left at the hospital by an unidentified gang in a light coloured van with blacked out windows. He
- 00:27 The multi-millionaire who is giving his business away
- 00:27 How Ikea's Billy bookcase took over the world
- 00:27 How to stop your career stagnating like Reggie Perrin's
- 00:25 Man United v Chelsea transfer battle: Giants sent scouts to watch...
- 00:25 Agent: My client was still upset when he returned to Liverpool last...
- 00:24 'They are delighted': Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe is...
- 00:24 'They've been spending a lot of time apart': Claims Hugh Jackman...
- 00:24 Hartlepool United defensive lapses must be stopped
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch
- 00:03 The people hold Venezuela's future
- 00:03 Little good in DWP’s mass jobcentre cull