News from Leamington Observer
A THREE-TIME Paralympian has thrown his support behind a project teaching Coventry and Warwickshire’s young people life values through the game of rugby. Former Great Britain wheelchair rugby player Mandip Sehmi, from Leamington, has been named as an amb
Kenilworth 14 Olney 22 Midlands Intermediate Cup round one BUCKINGHAMSHIRE-based Olney proved too strong for Kenilworth as they ended the Glasshouse Lane side’s Intermediate Cup hopes in the first round on Saturday, writes Sophie Freestone. The last time
A BONFIRE night with a difference is set to go with a bang at Warwick Racecourse. The event, organised by Warwick Lions and Warwick Rotary, is to be held on Saturday November 4. There will be two fireworks displays, a smaller one for children at 6pm and
RARE and classic cars will go under the hammer at a Warwickshire firm’s biggest ever one-day auction on Saturday (September 23). Classic Car Auctions (CCA) will sell off 172 cars from the likes of Jaguar, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and Aston Martin – invitin
TK Maxx is set to open in Leamington, creating more than 40 jobs in the town. The designer discount store will open on Thursday (September 21) in The Shires on Tachbrook Drive. The shop offers clothes, homeware, accessories and various other items.
ADULTS with additional needs will have the chance to learn new skills while raising awareness of disability. Charity ILEAP has launched a ‘Skills for Life Marketability’ project in Kenilworth where disabled members of the community make shabby chic items
A HERD of cows had to be rescued from the Grand Union Canal. Firefighters were called to Offchurch Lane in Leamington at around 3pm on Monday (September 18) where they found 12 cows marooned in the water. An inflatable walkway and boats had to be used to
KNIFE crime in Warwickshire has risen by nearly 30 per cent in Warwickshire in the last year, revealed police as they launched a month-long blade amnesty. There were 215 recorded knife crimes in the county from April 2016 to March 2017 – up from 168 in t
POLICE used a stinger to pop the wheels of a car before arresting the driver for burglary. At around 5pm on Sunday (September 17) police were called to Cherington, near Shipston, where a villagers reported seeing a suspicious man. A police dog ran to a F
A ‘SIGNIFICANT’ increase in the number of unauthorised traveller encampments has led councillors to call for a permanent site. Parish, town and district councillors met at Leamington Town Hall to discuss the ‘pressing’ need for permanent and temporary gy
SOUTHAM College has been hailed for its cultural values and focus on global issues. The college received an ‘International Schools Award’ from education organisation the British Council. It recognised their dedication to multiculturism including activiti
CONCERNS have been raised about letters telling residents their health information will be shared. In recent months households have been told their data will be shared between health and social care organisations unless they opt out at their GP surgery.
Rugby woman spent 36 'horrific' hours huddled in bathroom as Hurricane Irma tore apart her Tortola home
A SURVIVOR of Hurricane Irma who moved from Rugby to Tortola just five months ago spent 36 ‘horrific’ hours huddled in a shower cubicle as her new home was torn apart around her. Lifelong Rugbeian Erin Breen, 31, is heading back to the UK after she and h
THIS little girl was captivated by the light on a visit to Compton Verney. The country house art gallery’s latest exhibition Seurat to Riley: The Art of Perception explores how artists have exploited the ways in which we interpret what we see. Containing
REVELLERS can party like it’s 1617 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of King James I’s visit to Warwick. The three day event begins on Friday November 3 and marks the anniversary of the feast held by Sir Fulke Greville at Lord Leycester Hospital’s Gre
- 18:14 German election 2017: Angela Merkel's Grand Coalition is 'BEST for EU'
- 18:14 Paris attack blunder: Key suspect in terror atrocity ‘STILL on the...
- 18:14 BREAKING: Airport terror as bomb detected by X-ray - explosive...
- 18:14 Deutsche Bank: Central banks are OUT of ammunition if recession hits
- 18:13 Substance over style - the inside track on leading Birmingham City...
- 18:13 The best Christmas events in Birmingham for 2017
- 18:13 Aston Villa captain John Terry's touch of class delights former...
- 18:12 Hotels raise money for blood bikes from beer sales
- 18:11 Three-vehicle collision near Honeybourne
- 18:11 Mystery TV star to switch on Wrexham's Christmas lights
- 18:10 Loved and trusted shop worker stole scratchcards worth £13,000 from...
- 18:10 Have you got Empty Nest Syndrome? It could cost you your marriage
- 18:10 Check out the first ever STOTTIE wedding cake served up for a...
- 18:10 Frustrated travellers play rugby on M1 after bomb scare closes road...
- 18:09 British kayaker Emma Kelty 'murdered' in Amazon
- 18:09 The Chase: Bradley Walsh ‘asks’ for SEX THERAPY from saucy contestant
- 18:08 Man City's Gabriel Jesus nominated for Golden Boy award
- 18:08 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will take the Carabao Cup...
- 18:07 Young couple jump out of a plane ... for nan
- 18:07 Coronation Street spoilers: Underworld is destroyed by Adam Barlow...
- 18:05 Porsche Mission E has one awesome feature that could make it a game...
- 18:02 M1 to remain closed southbound into the night due to chemical leak
- 18:00 Tractor driver caught on M6 gets police penalty
- 17:59 Woman fires employee for ‘hate speech’ because she disagrees with...
- 17:59 New study claims the life of a diesel car produces MORE carbon...
- 17:58 Jacinda Ardern: Can 'stardust' oust experience in New Zealand?
- 17:58 Jose Mourinho mad about Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Lazio could...
- 17:58 Celta Vigo fined by La Liga for run of low attendances at...
- 17:58 Arsenal players enjoyed not having Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez...
- 17:56 Aston Villa v Middlesbrough LIVE: Join us in the press box for the...