News from Leamington Observer
A MAN has been cautioned for religiously aggravated criminal damage following an incident at the Gurdwara Temple in Leamington. The 28 year-old from Coventry was cautioned while a 39 year-old man from Birmingham was rebailed until the end of November as
A YOUNG Warwick man caused the death a frail pensioner from a heart attack following a confrontation after banging on his window, a jury has been told. Steven Jones, 25 then plotted with a group of friends to lie about the incident, and beat up a youngst
A WOMAN who went missing from Warwick has been found. Police were looking for 66 year-old Anina Brindley-Smith, who refers to herself as George, since Wednesday (October 19). She was found at the end of last week and police have thanked people for their
IT was a knockout for a dedicated Myton nurse who took up boxing for the charity. Senior staff nurse Andy Houghton recently took part in a boxing competition and just days later in a dragon boat race to raise money for Myton Hospice. All of his training
BOOZERS have made a recently transformed ‘pocket park’ in Leamington’s Old Town a no-go zone. Packington Place, off High Street, was given a colourful facelift, including mosaic-covered raised flower beds, during the summer. The project, funded by grants
THE RACE is on for villagers in Norton Lindsay aiming to save their historic pub. Enterprise Inns called last orders on The New Inn in July but villagers are determined to keep it open by taking it over themselves. In 2013 the parish council registered t
WARWICKSHIRE has seen a dramatic increase in the number of reports of child abuse – because people are more alert to the need to safeguard children following celebrity abuse cases. NSPCC figures show there has been a 58 per cent increase in referrals fro
Andre Klein is General Manager at Warwick Racecourse. In his latest column with the Observer he reviews a successful start to the season and looks forward to welcoming a gold medal winner and the Oscars of the horse racing industry. “Like any other respo
THE ANNUAL Warwick Town Bonfire will once again light up the night sky on Saturday November 5. Gates at Warwick Racecourse will open at 5pm, with the bonfire lit at 6.30pm, followed by a fireworks display set to music. There will also be a children’s fu
MARIUSZ PIWOWAR is one fight away from reaching the final of the Novice Championships after celebrating another fine victory over the weekend. The Royal Leamington Spa boxer came up against Chesterfield ABC’s Liam Carling in Scunthorpe in what was a thri
LEWIS Williams continued his preparations for next month’s World Youth Championships with another victory to be crowned English Youth Heavyweight Champion In Birmingham. The 18-year-old went toe-to-toe with old foe Brandon Jones who beat Williams on his
WARWICK Freedom Leisure hosted the hugely successful Warwickshire County Closed Squash Championships which featured 80 competitors. There were 20 players more than expected in action, proving the popularity of the sport amongst youngsters in the county.
LEAMINGTON cut the gap on Southern League Premier Division leaders Slough Town to just two points after beating Redditch United 2-0 on Tuesday evening. A brace from striker Ryan Rowe proved to be the difference between the two sides as Paul Holleran’s si
LEAMINGTON ladies’ masters team will be hoping it’s third time lucky this season as they kicked off another national cup run with a thumping win on Sunday. The over 35s team had made it to the Investec Trophy quarter finals and semi finals in the last tw
OLYMPIC kayakers were presented with their own medal biscuits by young sea scouts. Rachel Cawthorn, Lani Belcher, Liam Heath and Jon Schofield joined the fun at the Warwick Sprints on the River Avon organised by the Leamington Canoe Club. Rachel and Lani
- 13:23 Man who stole grandmother's Christmas savings jailed
- 13:23 BP General Council Bondy to leave at year end
- 13:23 PICTURES: Huddersfield Town fireworks display fills night sky with...
- 13:23 Climber told family ‘I know my limits’ before falling to his death...
- 13:23 'An abhorrent attack that shocked Glasgow': Top cop slams bottle...
- 13:22 Gary Lineker slaps down Kelvin MacKenzie over S*n migrant row and...
- 13:22 Home Screen Home: Welsh student buys mobile in China...and finds...
- 13:22 North Wales student caught up in Calais Jungle camp tear gas attack
- 13:22 Five-year-old is hospital’s youngest fundraiser
- 13:22 Walloons hold up key EU pact with Canada
- 13:22 Gunfire, protests erupt in Central African Republic capital
- 13:22 Former Wasps star Edd Shervington puts chicken farm and singing...
- 13:21 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:21 Group’s probe into dentist offerings
- 13:20 Want to work here? New jobs available at Bradgate Park - here's how...
- 13:20 Sunderland star left red-faced after shocking social media blunder:...
- 13:20 Newcastle Falcons prop Taione Vea forced to retire following spinal...
- 13:18 Nottingham Comic Convention 2016: All you need to know
- 13:18 East Midlands Airport runway closed due to 'emergency work'
- 13:17 Why Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers CAN to play two up front like he...
- 13:16 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient
- 13:16 Expected Man Utd XI: Zlatan dropped? Mourinho to shake up 4-2-3-1...
- 13:16 Man United passed up the chance to sign this Premier League legend
- 13:15 Gundogan targets how Man City can beat Manchester United in the EFL...
- 13:14 Sick kittens ‘left to die’ in Tutbury skip
- 13:14 Man in court on murder charge after headless body found in lay-by
- 13:14 Tennis-mad Barton pensioner, 75, beats opposition in league debut
- 13:14 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:13 Dunkirk veteran raises almost £2k by playing his pipes
- 13:12 The Black Sea's 'dead zone': Explorers accidentally find a...