News from Leamington Courier
High winds caused by Storm Doris is causing disruption to train services today (Thursday February 23). London Midland has advised customers not to travel today, and will accept tickets for today’s date to be used tomorrow with no penalty. A 50 mile per h
Kenilworth Castle has been closed today (Thursday February 23) because of high winds from Storm Doris. The castle aims to reopen as usual tomorrow. Storm Doris has already cancelled Kenilworth’s usual weekly market.
Work on HS2 is all set to start following the formal seal of approval from the Queen, which was given today (Thursday February 23). The HS2 Hybrid Bill has now officially become an Act of Parliament after it was given Royal Assent - a formal act of appro
Residents across Warwickshire are being urged to unplug a range of faulty tumble dryers - after some of them started to EXPLODE. Manufacturer Whirlpool has admitted there is a fault with a range of up to 5.3 million Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda dryers and
Tensions are growing in Warwick as travellers continue to move from site to site in the town. Over Christmas and New Year travellers settled on several sites in Hampton Road and at St Nicholas Park car park. Last Monday travellers settled back on sites i
A Southam resident chased away burglars who entered their house in the early hours of yesterday morning (Wednesday February 22). At around 4.25am, two offenders described as wearing hoodies broke into the house in Springs Crescent. But the resident of th
A man was threatened with a knife during an attempted robbery near a Leamington golf course this week. The incident occurred on Monday February 20 at approximately 3pm to 3.20pm in a wooded area off Radford Road, to the rear of Newbold Comyn Golf Course.
A crash on the northbound M40 near Warwick Services which caused a diesel spill is creating delays for drivers. Traffic is tailing back between junction 11 Banbury and junction 13 Bishops Tachbrook after two lanes were closed. The lanes have since been r
Two men who groomed a teenage girl to be used as a prostitute in Coventry have been jailed today (Wednesday February 22). Thomas Entwistle, 26, of Dog Lane, Napton, and originally from Warwick, was jailed for 11 years after a jury found him guilty of con
The UK is set to shiver and get soaked, as Storm Doris hits the country on Thursday. With the weather system officially named, Doris is expected to bring strong winds, rain and even some snow to the UK on Thursday. A deep low pressure system arriving fro
A mum-of-two created a unique marriage proposal for her partner thanks to the help of her sons at a Warwick restaurant. After being together through thick and thin, Kelly Hartwell decided to propose to her partner Andy Jackson at the Harvester in Warwick
Two acts from Leamington are among the nominations for this year’s BritAsia TV World Music Awards which takes place in Birmingham on March 4. The Entourage headed by Aman Hayer and including Angrej Ali, Benny Dhaliwal and Dev Dhillon have been nominated
Petition launched to return “racist” Walking Dead t-shirt to Primark stores after complaint sparks ban
A petition has been launched to return a “racist” Walking Dead t-shirt to Primark stores after a Methodist minister’s complaint saw the garment pulled from shelves. Now, a shopper angry at the removal of the infamous “Eeny Meeny Miny Moe” t-shirt is call
A house in Burton Green was broken into yesterday (Tuesday February 21), police have said. Between 2pm and 6.20pm, offenders forced entry into a house in Red Lane, Burton Green through its back door. Once inside, the burglars made an untidy search of the
There will be no market in Kenilworth tomorrow (Thursday February 23) due to safety fears brought about by bad weather from Storm Doris. High winds are expected tomorrow, with gusts potentially reaching 60mph or higher. Jamie Walker of CJ’s Events Warwic
- 14:18 Arsenal star has been a major disappointment this season - Didi Hamann
- 14:17 High Peak councillors approve 1.9% council tax hike
- 14:17 Nicola Sturgeon's 'heart breaks' for Paige Doherty's family after...
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out