News from Leamington Courier
Warwickshire Police is appealing for information to the whereabouts of two missing 15-year-old girls from Kenilworth. Eleanor Price and Isla Franco have been missing since yesterday afternoon (Monday June 26). Eleanor is described as white, approximately
A yellow weather warning for heavy rain has today been issued by the Met Office for Warwickshire and the surrounding region. The Met Office said: “there is an increasing risk of heavy rain, with thunder possible, developing over southern England on Tuesd
Sainsbury’s has removed 13 of its own-brand sandwich fillers from its shelves following the discovery of food bug listeria in them. The items from the supermarket’s Deli Fillers range were withdrawn after listeria monocytogenes was found in some of the p
The deadline for public feedback on the Kenilworth Neighbourhood Plan has been extended to allow time for a public meeting on the plan to be held. Residents now have until Tuesday August 8 to respond to the plan, and will be able to voice their opinions
Leamington Carnival is set to go ahead as planned in July after organisers had feared they would have to cancel the event’s parade. In April the organisers put out a desperate appeal for groups, schools, charities, companies and organisations to take par
A car was stolen after burglars broke into a Kenilworth house and stole a set of car keys, police have reported. Between noon and 2pm on Monday June 19, burglars climbed over a side gate at a home in Newfield Avenue and then kicked through a wood and gla
Warwick Rotary’s annual Thai festival will be returning for its 13th year next month. This year the Rotary Club is staging its popular festival at Warwick racecourse with Thai food and entertainment. On Sunday, July 16 more than 40 stalls will be selling
One of the teenagers who gave police a false story to cover up for a young man accused of the manslaughter of Warwick pensioner William Heathcote has ended up behind bars. Stephan Reilly (19) formerly of Willes Road, Leamington, had denied conspiring to
A Tesco employee has managed to tick off another ambition from his birthday wish list after completing a marathon cycle ride. Around 14,500 cyclists united together in the fight against heart disease for the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) legendary Lon
A pig farm housing 15,000 animals in Oxhill has been described as a ‘vision of hell’. The conditions at Hogwood Pig Farm were filmed by the vegan and animal welfare organisation VIVA and exposed in a spread in the Daily Mirror. The activists said conditi
One in five Brits say they would rather date someone with a pet, according to a new survey. Almost a third of those polled said they’d much rather smooch a pooch-owner, while a quarter said they’d more likely be feline the love with a cat keeper. And an
Drop-in sessions to help answer questions about improvements to the Stoneleigh junction as part of the planned A46 ‘link road’ have been announced. Warwickshire County Council will be hosting drop-in sessions at Kenilworth Library in Smalley Place on Tue
A Warwickshire woman who set up a dance school and had a kidney transplant, all in the same year, will be marking the double anniversary with a celebration ball. Nikki Shurvinton established her Radford Semele-based, The Nikki Jay Academy of Dance, in 19
Warwickshire Police are appealing for witnesses after a boy was allegedly pushed off his bike while cycling in a Leamington park by a man. The incident took place in Christchurch Gardens on Saturday June 24 between 11.35 and 11.40am. The man is described
A Warwickshire man threatened to bomb Leamington and assaulted a police officer having returned to alcohol, a court heard today (Monday, June 26). Martyn Gardner, who confessed to having an alcohol problem, was sober having left prison in September but d
- 21:43 Chance to see Huddersfield's most magnificent mansions
- 21:43 EuroMillions results: Winning numbers for £69 million jackpot on...
- 21:43 Everyone makes the same joke as Germany beat England on penalties...
- 21:43 Former Hearts striker Stephane Paille dies aged 52
- 21:43 Leader comment: Referendum rethink was the only option
- 21:43 Delivery Hero IPO to price in upper half of price range: sources
- 21:42 Vicente del Bosque urges Alvaro Morata to stay at Real Madrid amid...
- 21:41 Venezuela's Maduro warns of war if 'revolution' toppled
- 21:37 Coroners seek relatives of Rastrick woman
- 21:37 League of Legends Kayn reveal: New Champion livestream, as Riot...
- 21:36 US STOCKS-Wall St falters as U.S. Senate delays health vote
- 21:36 Albanian Socialists pledge reforms, jobs after election win confirmed
- 21:34 Young Lake District chef wins prestigious award
- 21:32 Coronation Street spoilers: Eva Price steps up her revenge plot...
- 21:30 BREAKING NEWS: University of Texas campus evacuated after bomb threat
- 21:28 Former Hearts striker Stéphane Paille dies aged 52
- 21:27 Boy, 11, dies from burns after he was electrocuted at a railway depot
- 21:24 Chelsea open to Batshuayi or Zouma exchange in £35m Vitolo pursuit:...
- 21:24 AC Milan pull out of transfer race for Manchester United and...
- 21:23 Family of Wallsend 107-year-old ask kind-hearted strangers to help...
- 21:22 Uber wins right to contest English tests for London drivers
- 21:22 Northampton borough council boss and chief legal advisor...
- 21:21 Allestree Woodlands School leavers' day celebration is smart and...
- 21:21 Holiday makers stuck on plane at East Midlands Airport for three...
- 21:21 Off-duty police officer who saved suicidal teenager’s life wins...
- 21:21 Gantries removed from M1 to make way for £120 million 'smart motorway'
- 21:20 West Ham to launch £50m bid for Arsenal duo Theo Walcott and...
- 21:20 Glamour and style on show as Chester Racecourse hosts Under the...
- 21:18 Peru Two drugs mule Melissa Reid starts new job at Citizens...
- 21:16 US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St slides as Senate delays healthcare vote