News from Leamington Courier
A crash on the northbound M40 yesterday afternoon (Friday December 2) left one person trapped as a result of their injuries. The collision happened at around 4.45pm between junction 12 Gaydon and junction 13 Bishops Tachbrook. Fire crews spent around an
One in six workers experience stress, anxiety and depression at any given time but, more often than not, workers don’t disclose their problems and mental health remains a workplace taboo. Forget any ideas or preconceptions you have about mental health be
One in ten Brits never clean their sofas despite them being regularly stained with food, drink and even bodily fluids. A poll of 2,000 householders found that staggeringly, three quarters have stained sofas, yet 54 per cent admitted they clean their suit
Warwick is looking even brighter for this year’s Christmas celebrations after the annual Victorian Evening and Christmas lights switch-on last week. Last Thursday hundreds of people visited the town for the annual event. The town’s Market Place and the s
Whitnash Mayor Simon Button (pictured) has encouraged people to remembered absent loved ones by making a donation to the Rotary club of Royal Leamington Spa’s Trees of Light fundraising campaign. The Tree of Light outside St Margaret’s church in Whitnash
The results are in for the Warwick by-election. The by-election was held yesterday to select the candidate to stand for the Myton and Heathcote ward on Warwick Town Council and to select the candidate to represent the Myton and Heathcote ward on Warwick
The benefits of an aspirin a day really do outweigh the risks, according to new research. Although regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence these are fatal, say scientists. But a daily pill
Childhood horror, a daring escape, a successful career in dentistry and a love of politics - these are just some parts to the remarkable story of Polish-born Kenilworth resident Jan Mokrzycki. He spoke about his life at the Kenilworth Liberal Democrats A
A range of pet food has been recalled by its manufacturer following the discovery that the product contains salmonella. Natures Menu is recalling its ‘Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg’ frozen pet food, as it has been to
A development brief with three options has been created for old school buildings in Warwick’s town centre. Warwick Independent Schools Foundation (WISF) is planning to move the King’s High School for Girls, which has more than 600 pupils, from its cur
Morrisons is bringing back Christmas carols to its stores after 15 years, after listening to its customers who said they preferred traditional songs to pop music. Instead of favourites like Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody, shoppers will hear popular ca
Warwickshire Police are investigating into alleged non-recent child sexual abuse in football. The police have announced their investigation following national coverage in the press. This afternoon the BBC reported that around 350 victims have reported ch
Recommendations for the St Mary’s Lands’s masterplan have been supportively acknowledged. The lands are home to Warwick Racecourse, Racing Club Warwick Football Club, the golf club and public land. The ‘masterplan’ for St Mary’s Lands, which spans acros
GPs and campaign group wanted better consultation on five-year plan which will shape health care in...
GPs in Warwickshire and Coventry have gone on record to express their concerns that they have been “excluded” from the drawing up of a major five-year plan which will shape health care services in the area. The Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP
Natwest bank has decided to close down the Warwick branch. The bank’s decision has come after a decline in in-branch transactions over the last five years. The Warwick branch, which is located on High Street, is set to close next year. A spokesman from N
- 08:17 Red letter day for the hospice thanks to paint firm
- 08:17 Criminals jailed in November 2016 - sentences total more than 14 years
- 08:17 Community groups energised by share of £50k from plant fund
- 08:14 Floods kill at least 13 people in central Vietnam
- 08:13 Ryanair adds Naples to East Midlands Airport summer flying schedule
- 08:11 HEALTH: What hope do we have?
- 08:10 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:59 DECEMBER DECIDER: Choose your favourite Hull KR left-centre
- 07:59 Can Hull City end 30 years of hurt at Middlesbrough?
- 07:59 Banned driver Robert Wilson used false number plates to drive...
- 07:58 Antonio Conte opens up on Chelsea’s title chances following Man...
- 07:50 Man United star eyed by Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho considering swap...
- 07:43 Chelsea and Crystal Palace could do transfer business in January
- 07:43 Man United key man in contract stand-off: Red Devils star demanding...
- 07:43 'He turned blue and stopped breathing': 2lb baby Josh ready to...
- 07:35 UFC News: McGregor on being stripped of belt, Jones talks failed...
- 07:35 Alan Shearer: Arsenal are a much better team because of this player
- 07:34 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:29 Serious crash occurs in Chesterfield
- 07:28 Big Interview: Ex-PNE midfielder Simon Davey
- 07:22 Alan Shearer: This Chelsea star is back to his best under Antonio...
- 07:22 Arsenal readying shock January bid for Chelsea star: He could...
- 07:20 Obama bars China's Fujian from buying Aixtron's U.S. business
- 07:20 Missing out on West Ham trip in FA Cup trip was biggest regret of...
- 07:20 Pioneer of twinning association dies
- 07:16 Christmas 2016: When are the last posting dates for Christmas?
- 07:15 The 16 worst things about being a tall guy
- 07:14 Drug-dealing Derby teenager had 21 ecstasy tablets at Y Not festival
- 07:14 Dad inspires Jaime’s marathon attempt
- 07:14 Marathon man Ben inspires school pupils at St Gilbert’s Primary...