News from Lancaster Guardian
New and exciting developments will boost the number of visitors to Morecambe, says a leading light in town tourism. Mark Prada said a planned new trampoline centre, the £5m upgrade of Salt Ayre, festivals and the Bay Gateway road will be the catalyst for
Poor weather didn’t deter supporters of a tot needing vital cancer treatment in America from turning out in force to raise money to help his cause. A sponsored walk and fun day were held on Sunday to support three-year-old Charlie Procter, who was diagno
A pantomime in April? In Lancaster? Starring Keith Chegwin and Basil Brush? Oh no it isn’t. Oh yes it is! The Lancaster Grand will indeed welcome TV legends ‘Cheggers’ and Basil Brush who star in Beauty and the Beast on Monday, April 3. The touring show
A walker with a broken ankle had to be rescued near Jenny Brown’s Point at Silverdale. Two Bay Search and Rescue teams and Arnside and South Lakes Coastguard Rescue Team were sent out to the scene at 3.31pm on February 24. Once the lady was located North
A Morecambe man is all set to take on one of TV’s most fearsome quiz brains. John Haydock will appear on The Chase on ITV1 this Thursday (March 2) at 5pm. The Chase, hosted by Bradley Walsh, is Britain’s biggest television quiz show and sees contestants
The Met Office have issued a yellow weather warning for Lancashire as temperatures are set to plummet overnight. Forecasters have said there will be a risk of rain turning to ice and snow over hills overnight and into the early hours of 28 February. Resi
Five people were injured in a two car smash on the M6 northbound near Burton services. Firefighters rescued two women, who were trapped in a Suzuki Baleno, by removing the doors and roof from the vehicle. Police said five people were treated at the scene
One third of eating disorder sufferers do not receive referral to a mental health service, despite clear medical guidance that stresses the need for immediate referral. The research from eating disorder charity, Beat, to tie in with Eating Disorders Awar
Morecambe’s RNLI inshore lifeboat launched to assist with a kite surfer who had go into difficulties. At 10.58am on Saturday, February 25, the Coastguard tasked the Morecambe RNLI volunteer lifeboat crew to help rescue a kite surfer after a report that t
Grants of up to £250 are being made available to help spruce up business premises in Morecambe. Morecambe Business Improvement District (BID) has launched the new initiative to help improve the look of the town. The grants are for a maximum of £250 per p
Police are growing increasingly concerned about a 15-year-old boy who was last seen nearly a week ago. Kyson Kanesh went missing from his home address in Carnforth in the early hours of 21 February, say police. Police are now appealing for help from the
Travel and Tourism students from Lancaster and Morecambe College travelled to The Runway Visitor Park at Manchester Airport and boarded the iconic aircraft, Concorde. They were able to sit in the luxurious leather seats and learn about some of the aircra
Four thrilling new dance works by international choreographers will be performed in a Lancaster theatre. The Nuffield Theatre welcomes The Northern School of Contemporary Dance’s (NSCD) postgraduate dance company Verve at 8pm on Tuesday February 28. Verv
Businesses rose to the challenge of an online world at the launch of Digital Lancaster. More than 80 people attended the event at the Storey including local digital business owners, Lancaster University, business leaders, council representatives, Tech No
People in Lancashire who are concerned about their eating habits or those of a loved one are being encouraged to seek support as part of Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2017. The national awareness week which is taking place from February 27 until March 5
- 07:48 Tributes to former Scunthorpe Telegraph reporter Cliff Padley
- 07:48 Dad who drove at 80mph after taking cocaine is spared prison
- 07:48 How many more hours did people in your area waste caught in road...
- 07:48 Council advised about naming streets in Scunthorpe in case of...
- 07:47 BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills
- 07:46 Pea and mayonnaise pizza is making everyone deeply uncomfortable
- 07:44 Philippine Congress postpones embattled minister's confirmation...
- 07:44 RBS Six Nations: Danny Care gives his verdict on England v Italy...
- 07:42 Travelling to South Africa? Watch out for the law requiring...
- 07:42 If I move energy providers will I REALLY need to get a new smart...
- 07:41 Luke Shaw set to look for Manchester United exit in summer...
- 07:40 Live: Traffic and travel for Leicestershire
- 07:40 Weather for Leicestershire
- 07:40 Stricter punishments to come into force for drivers who use mobile...
- 07:40 On the search for burglar after raid
- 07:40 King’s beech to mark royal visit
- 07:40 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 07:39 Jose Mourinho has made this major change from Louis van Gaal at Man...
- 07:39 See stunning images shortlisted for Sony World Photography Awards 2017
- 07:39 More than 75 girls sent home from school after staff said their...
- 07:39 When is Easter 2017? Key bank holiday dates and facts for Good...
- 07:38 Insurance broker JLT posts 1 pct 2016 profit rise
- 07:38 Manchester United complete signing of Levent Gundogan following...
- 07:38 Cyber attackers target Singapore Defence Ministry, but no secrets...
- 07:36 Star could snub Barcelona for Real Madrid move: Messi and Ronaldo...
- 07:36 Ex-Chelsea manager's odds slashed to become next Leicester boss
- 07:35 How ticket touts beat you to the punch ... and what you can do...
- 07:35 BME career progression 'could add £24bn a year to UK economy'
- 07:35 ‘Shell knew’: oil giant's 1991 film warned of climate change danger
- 07:35 Cumbrian green campaigners back bid to scrap 'use by' dates