News from Lancaster Guardian
Major plans for some of Lancaster’s biggest GP surgeries to merge and form a super practice have been met with concern from a former Royal Lancaster Infirmary consultant. Consultation has now ended on proposals for Dalton Square, King Street and Universi
Police arrested a man after a spate of thefts from vehicles. The man was arrested on Monday, December 5 on Euston Road, said police. Some of the owners of the items stolen have been reunited with their property. Police have charged a man with seven count
Voters will go to the polls in the University and Scotforth Rural ward today to choose a new Lancaster city councillor. The candidates are: Xeina Aveyard (Green Party), Luke Henry Edward Brandon (Conservative), Nathan Neil Burns (Labour and Co-Operative)
A new home has been found for a Lancaster fair trade centre, a year after flooding caused by Storm Desmond forced it to shut its doors. The FIG Tree Fair Trade Centre will move into The Priory after a partnership was forged. Until December 15, The Priory
A village primary school with just 15 pupils is set to close next year. Members of North Yorkshire County Council’s executive agreed on Tuesday to publish closure proposals for Horton-in-Ribblesdale Church of England Primary School. The school has only 1
A man has been convicted of murdering his seven month old son. Kane Kennedy, 20, was found guilty by a unanimous jury of killing baby Oskar Jobey-Kennedy by smothering him at a flat in Morecambe. More to come.
A 19ft inflatable Christmas snowman was slashed and popped by vandals. The large figure which delighted children and adults in the run-up to Christmas was only inflated outside Black Bear Computers in Lancaster for a matter of hours before it was targete
The following people were dealt with at Lancaster Magistrates: ANDERTON, Nicholas James (40), Bowfell Avenue, Morecambe. Theft X9. 12 months drug rehabilitation, committed to prison for 12 weeks suspended for 12 months. Comp £791.59. ASPINALL, Michael Da
Lancaster MP Cat Smith attended RNIB’s (Royal National Institute of Blind People) parliamentary reception to find out if time is running out for her constituents with conditions that can lead to sight loss. Eye clinics that cancel appointments put their
A football-mad schoolboy from Hest Bank will be representing England in the Premier League Truce Tournament in Belgium this week. George Drake, 12, a pupil at Ripley St Thomas Academy, has played for Blackburn Rovers u12s for nearly five years and the te
A children’s panto has finally been given the go-ahead thanks to a £500 donation from a local nursing home. The annual panto for pupils at Sandylands Primary School in Morecambe was under threat due to budget cuts. But thanks to the staff and the residen
Brothers who inflicted "prolonged, sadistic violence" on child victims now free and fighting for anonymity
A judge is being asked to give indefinite anonymity to two brothers who tortured two young boys in a bout of "prolonged, sadistic violence" when they were 10 and 11 years old. The pair were sentenced to an indeterminate period in custody,...
A routine battery charge was the likely cause of a hydrogen leak at Heysham 2 power station. Operators EDF Energy said an alert was sparked on Tuesday teatime after hydrogen was detected on site. But following the incident, a spokesman for EDF Energy sa
Land in south Heysham and Middleton will be sold to developers to help create a ‘Heysham Gateway’. Lancaster City Council hopes the large areas of vacant land will be regenerated by businesses to capitalise on demand created by the new Bay Gateway road.
It is one of the dilemmas of the Christmas countdown just what do you get for that person in your life who has everything. A personal shopper might just have the answers. Mike Hill reports Feeling the strain of the Christmas shopping season? Is pressie-h
- 12:05 Blankety Blank: Chuckle Brothers join ITV Christmas special
- 12:05 King Crimson star Greg Lake dies aged 69
- 12:04 Guest columnist: Looking back on how so much has changed
- 12:03 York City Knights confirm signings of ex-Hull FC Tyson-Wilson brothers
- 12:03 Dog immediately regrets bothering wild stallion
- 12:03 West Mercia Police has improved says watchdog
- 12:02 Lethal heroin and cocaine cocktail killed Melton cricketer ‘Tilly’...
- 12:01 Ken Clarke only Tory in the country to vote against Brexit motion
- 12:01 Leicester is hotter than parts of Spain and Greece today
- 12:01 Fury over plans for housing on green belt land
- 12:00 Arsenal and Chelsea Marcelo Brozovic signs new contract with £42.5m...
- 12:00 Sports Direct suffers 57% losses after zero-hours backlash
- 12:00 Baby boomers should 'stay in work to keep healthy'
- 12:00 Over 400 claims of police abusing power for sexual gain in two...
- 11:59 Burglars who had led police on a dramatic chase through Northampton...
- 11:59 Trustees say Daventry UTC cannot recruit students and is not...
- 11:59 Timothy Fosu-Mensah gets his chance to impress for Manchester...
- 11:59 FCA sends warning letter to debt firms
- 11:59 No charges after death of Tamworth’s Charlie Dunn at Bosworth Water...
- 11:59 Killer drivers may face life sentences - following our Drive For...
- 11:59 Final chance to have your say on Local Plan
- 11:59 Over 400 claims of police abusing power for sexual gain in two...
- 11:58 Killer drivers may face life sentences - following our Drive For...
- 11:58 Over 400 claims of police abusing power for sexual gain in two...
- 11:58 Grantham-based pharmaceutical safety services provider is set to...
- 11:58 Police appeal after man is attacked at Cumbrian hotel
- 11:58 Petition calls on High Peak MP to say ‘no’ to bringing back grammar...
- 11:57 Scunthorpe United NEWS: Iron to play Oxford United in EFL Trophy
- 11:57 Double win for Chorley design experts
- 11:57 Seventeen-year-old Nottingham student gifted rare cello worth...