News from Lancashire Evening Post
Simon Grayson applauded Preston North End's persistence in battling back from going a goal down to beat Queens Park Rangers. The Lilywhites won their third game in a row at Deepdale but only after Kazenga Lualua's 36th minute goal had given the London si
JOHN SMITH: I left the ground on Saturday with renewed optimism and the feeling that maybe there might be room for a late passenger to jump on board the ship Play-off before it leaves the shore. The win over QPR left us just six points away from sixth po
Promotion-chasing Chorley left it late to strengthen their play-offs prospects in the National League North with a thrilling 2-1 victory deep into added time over relegation-threatened Alfreton. Trailing 1-0 with just three minutes left, the Magpies were
Table-topping Lancaster City produced one of their best performances of the season to see off NPL First Division North promotion rivals Ossett Town 3-1 on their own patch. The hosts had already beaten City at Giant Axe earlier in the season but Phil Brow
A fire that started in a vehicle before spreading to a nearby property was tackled by firefighters in Fulwood. Crews were called to a property in Westbrook Crescent at around 1.20am on Saturday. Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the vehicle was on
Goals from Aiden McGeady and Jordan Hugill gave Preston North End victory as they came from behind to beat Queens Park Rangers at Deepdale The visitors went ahead in a low-quality first-half, Kazenga Lualua finding the net with a back heel after a long t
Hoppers 21 Leicester Lions 5 Unpredictable Preston Grasshoppers pulled off a possibly season-saving victory over third-placed Leicester Lions to move back off the bottom of National League Two North. In a performance full of confidence and character, the
Lee Molyneux’s early goal gave Morecambe a deserved three points at the Globe Arena and made it one defeat in 10 for Jim Bentley’s players. Molyneux’s third of the season was enough for the Shrimps to leapfrog their opponents in the table, rising to 13th
Alan Browne signed from Cork City as an 18-year-old, the industrious midfielder initially arrived at Deepdale on an 18-month contract in January 2014 after impressing on trial. Still only 21, Browne played his 100th game for the club in the 1-0 win at Bu
Preston’s youngsters will take centre stage at Deepdale on Monday night when they bid to reach the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup. The PNE academy host Stoke (7pm) and admission is free in a bid to attract as big a crowd as possible. It is the first time
Four men from Preston who staged an armed robbery have been jailed today. On June 5, 2015 two men dressed in CSI suits entered Rishton Post Office in the High Street armed with a handgun. They dragged the post master to the back room where they tied his
There is no disputing PNE are enjoying themselves more in front of goal this season. Simon Grayson’s side are averaging 1.33 goals per game ahead of Queens Park Rangers visiting Deepdale on Saturday. North End have scored 44 goals in their 33 matches thu
Charity bakers can breathe a sigh of relief after it was confirmed they will not be charged for kitchen inspections. Concerns were raised when the Food Standards Agency told the Post charges of up to £300 for home bakers were among options being discusse
A man was still in police custody in Preston today following an incident involving a car reported as stolen last night. Lancashire Police were alerted after a report that a blue Peugeot 307 had been stolen after an alleged robbery in the city’s Ribbleton
A subway at Preston bus station will close from Monday for essential electrical work. The subway – running from the bus station to Tithebarn Street – will remain closed for up to a week. The public toilets will also close for Monday only while the electr
- 00:30 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Gift of the Gab keeps on giving, but...
- 00:30 Princess Diana's dresses go on show as she is heralded the queen of...
- 00:27 The multi-millionaire who is giving his business away
- 00:27 How Ikea's Billy bookcase took over the world
- 00:27 How to stop your career stagnating like Reggie Perrin's
- 00:25 Man United v Chelsea transfer battle: Giants sent scouts to watch...
- 00:25 Agent: My client was still upset when he returned to Liverpool last...
- 00:24 'They are delighted': Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe is...
- 00:24 'They've been spending a lot of time apart': Claims Hugh Jackman...
- 00:24 Hartlepool United defensive lapses must be stopped
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch