News from Lancashire Evening Post
King of the ‘dreamy creamies’ Graham Kirkham has proved top cheese again with Mrs Kirkham’s Lancashire Cheese crowned champions at the Great British Cheese Awards The multi-award winning Goosnargh cheese maker was named ‘Best Artisan Producer’ at the ina
Kind hearted staff from a Grimsargh construction company have helped raised £1,500 for the National Autistic Society The team at John Turner Construction held a their annual family fun day in aid of the charity - site manager from the firm Brian Yates’s
International and UK logistics specialist W H Bowker Ltd has announced it is acquiring the warehousing and transport operations at five sites belonging to Potter Logistics Ltd for an undisclosed sum. Potter’s operations are located at Droitwich, Knowsley
Public support for fracking has fallen to new lows, a Government survey has revealed. The results come just weeks after gas exploration firm Cuadrilla was given the go-ahead to frack for shale gas in Lancashire. The latest figures from the Department for
Police are searching for a driver who fled an overturned car following a high-speed motorway chase. The incident started at about 12.15am on Friday, when police say the car made off from officers when it was requested to stop on the M6. A force spokesman
A charity has revealed the devastating affect the recent killer clown craze has had on children. And as Halloween approaches it is feared the troubling craze of creepy clowns will reach its peak – with individuals dressing up in clown costumes to intenti
A MAN who breached a suspended sentence order for a deathly road chase by sending abusive messages to his ex has been jailed for nine months. Daniel Ward, 30, of Windsor Grove, Morecambe, appeared before Preston Crown Court where he admitted harassment.
Preston’s tale of woe against Newcastle United in midweek was a familiar one when it comes to games against the Magpies. The Lilywhites’ 6-0 defeat at St James’ Park was their sixth on the spin at the hands of the Tyneside outfit. That is a record which
RESIDENTS are furious over a decision to extend a sand quarry close to their homes. Lancashire County Council gave the go ahead for the application at Sandons Farm, Sandy Lane, Adlington, near Chorley, which has been operating since 2008. The extraction
EVERY firefighter in Lancashire will be equipped with a special flood suit this winter, it can be revealed. Bosses at Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) agreed to spend ‘hundreds of pounds’ each on the waterproof suits after the county was devasta
Memories have been flooding in of the old Squires nightclub in Preston. Readers have been reminiscing after it was announced on Wednesday that the Market Street club, in its current guise as Cameo and Vinyl, will close permanently after Monday night. It
A man who died following a serious collision on the M6 has been named. David Barber, 47, from Garstang, died after his white Citroen Relay van collided with the central reservation near junction 31 at Samlesbury before swerving back across three lanes to
A 12-year-old boy has been robbed by a group of teenagers in Penwortham. At about 7pm on Wednesday, October 26, the victim was cycling on Factory Lane, when a teenage boy approached him and pushed him, before demanding his bike. Two more teenage boys the
Fire crews were battling a blaze at a house in Penwortham on Friday morning. Five fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were at the scene in Bramble Court, after they were called just after 4am. Crew Manager Peter Blamire was part of the first team
IT was a place where thousands of Prestonians met their future husbands and wives, but now a popular city nightclub will see its last dance. Cameo and Vinyl in Market Street – formerly known as Squires – will stage its final night on Monday with a monste
- 20:40 Jess Varnish relieved as British Cycling uphold complaint against...
- 20:38 Driver jailed for killing passenger as he smashed car into garden wall
- 20:36 India, Pakistan trade accusations of bloodshed across Line of Control
- 20:36 France's Valls expresses "anger" over Hollande comments - Le Monde
- 20:35 Apple products just got a lot more expensive because of the weak pound
- 20:33 Drunken mum who glassed woman in the face at funeral wake jailed...
- 20:25 Great British Menu: Prue Leith replaced by Andi Oliver
- 20:25 UPDATE: Police searching for potential escapee from Haverigg prison
- 20:22 Pornhub makes offer to buy Vine saying ‘six seconds is more...
- 20:21 FBI open probe into Hillary Clinton's classified emails again after...
- 20:20 Fylde coast ice rink site is back in play as fun centre
- 20:17 Don't forget to put the clocks back on Sunday
- 20:17 Spooky Halloween tales from the past around Burton and South...
- 20:17 Northwich Odeon opening date announced at Barons Quay
- 20:15 How Man City can thrive with De Bruyne, Gundogan AND Silva
- 20:15 Andi Oliver replaces Prue Leith on The Great British Menu...
- 20:14 FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- 20:13 Mam Tor and The Great Ridge walk is the third top-trending...
- 20:12 Appeal launched to trace escapee from Cumbrian prison
- 20:12 Wolves: Why it's simply crucial Fosun get the next appointment bang...
- 20:09 Villagers step up efforts to save pub
- 20:08 Deadly measles complication is far more common than previously...
- 20:08 Soda tax DOES work in America: First tax on sugary drinks cut sales...
- 20:05 Barcelona close to breaking ties with Spanish league in water...
- 20:05 UPDATE: Police searching for potential prison escapee from HMP...
- 20:05 National Lottery apologises for app glitch which could have BINNED...
- 20:05 Apple raise the price of a Mac as the pound drops following Brexit...
- 20:03 Brave schoolboy choked by masked armed robber while defending...
- 20:03 Brutal gang who threatened to cut woman's nipples off locked up for...
- 20:01 Cirrus Logic surges as Wall Street plugs in high-tech earbuds