News from Lancashire Evening Post
A mother accused of the murder of her seven month old baby has appeared before Preston Crown Court. Jennifer Crichton, 34, of Leyland, appeared by video link from Preston Prison where she is on remand over the death of her daughter Amelia, who allegedly
Chorley’s quest to secure a play-off spot has been given a timely boost. The Magpies go into tomorrow’s crunch clash against Halifax knowing just a point could be enough to secure a National League North play-off spot if Stockport fail to beat Gloucester
Police are appealing for help to find a missing sex offender convicted of historic sex offences in Carnforth. Christopher Spelman, 57, whose last known address was in Liverpool, was last seen in St Helens. He was convicted of a number of historic sex off
Police are becoming worried about the welfare of a missing 16-year-old who they believe may be in Preston. Joshua Stock, from Gateshead, was last seen at around 6.40pm on Tuesday, April 25, at an address on Elswick Road in Preston, say police. The missin
A Blackpool police officer has been given a conditional discharge after he was convicted of possession of indecent images of children. PC Andrew Birch, 54, of Blackpool, was summonsed to court in June last year after police received information he was in
A Lancashire hotel has been named the best in England at the national tourist awards. The Michelin-starred Northcote Hotel at Langho – home of celebrity chef Nigel Haworth – was named hotel of the year at the Visit England awards. The hotel had already b
A woman has appeared in court charged with murdering her baby daughter. Jennifer Crichton, 34, from Leyland, was remanded in custody after the brief hearing before magistrates yesterday. She will appear before Preston Crown Court this morning. I just saw
A man who prowled the streets of East Lancashire has been jailed for the rape of a woman after climbing through a window into her home last October. Zsolt Suhaj, 26, of Barkerhouse Road, Nelson was handed a life sentence with a minimum term of 11 years o
A man was arrested after he tried to escape police and crashed his car into a turn left sign, say police. Police began a pursuit of a Vauxhall Corsa in Burnley after it failed to stop for a patrol car at around 1am on April 28. The offender manged to avo
Bamber Bridge manager Neil Reynolds admitted it was ‘a honour’ to commit his long-term future to the club. The Brig boss and his assistant Simon Wiles were rewarded with new three-year contracts after Saturday’s 3-1 final day victory over Ossett Albion a
A dad-of-two who was killed in a crash as he cycled home from work will be remembered as a ‘fantastic husband and father’, his wife has said. Jonathan Lee, 36, was travelling from BrightRED Digital – the company he founded – in Preston to his St Annes ho
A man who attacked two people in pubs in Lancaster has been jailed for three years. Lewis Blatchford, who was subject to a suspended jail term for drug dealing at the time, left a young woman with a permanent scar to her nose last May when she told him t
Lancashire County Council’s elections will take place on May 4 with some 315 candidates competing for 84 seats at County Hall. Here are the candidates for West Lancashire. Burscough & Rufford Cynthia Dereli - Labour Eddie Pope - Conservative...
Lancashire County Council’s elections will take place on May 4 with some 315 candidates competing for 84 seats at County Hall. Here are the candidates for Ribble Valley. Clitheroe Ian Frank Brown - Conservative Allan McLean Knox - Liberal Democrats Sue R
Morecambe host Wycombe Wanderers tomorrow with Shrimps’ boss Jim Bentley saying that securing League Two status after a tumultuous year is a ‘magnificent achievement.’ Bentley’s side may have lost 3-1 at Exeter City on Saturday but results meant the Shri
- 15:04 Arrest in Northern Cricket League probe
- 15:04 Big support for school’s pool project
- 15:03 Whisky industry plea for assurances as exports rise
- 15:03 Cannabis farm found in Bootle was worth £400,000 a year
- 15:02 Boulmer car park will be closed temporarily
- 15:02 Sturgeon’s EU plans rejected over risk of UK trade barriers
- 15:02 Fashion designer launches business in town after move
- 15:02 Birmingham City LIVE: Harry Redknapp's press conference ahead of...
- 15:02 The Big Sleuth Bear Cub design Competition: Winner announced on...
- 15:01 What’s making Kim Jong Un giggle like an overgrown baby?
- 15:01 What TV channel is Manchester United vs Swansea on? Kick-off time,...
- 15:00 New Melton charity shop calls for volunteers ahead of opening
- 14:59 Journey planners making bus travel easier for visitors
- 14:58 Here are the Bank holiday weekend supermarket opening times in...
- 14:58 Avonvale offer free health checks for pets
- 14:57 ‘People are coming into our town and causing trouble’: Anger at...
- 14:57 Breast butcher guilty of 'completely unnecessary' operations to...
- 14:56 Court treated to rousing performance of Singin' In The Rain -...
- 14:56 Yasmin’s designs bring fashion to the world ...
- 14:55 Antonio Conte: Chelsea need to improve on this
- 14:55 Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko: How much do boxers weigh ahead...
- 14:55 Gloomy forecast for Bank Holiday weekend in the North East
- 14:54 Standardised cigarette packaging 'could increase quit attempts'
- 14:54 Barcelona Transfer News: Neymar tells friends this, midfielder...
- 14:54 Anthony Joshua weighs in 10lb heavier than Wladimir Klitschko ahead...
- 14:54 Antonio Conte: This is what I really think about Chelsea's youth...
- 14:53 Everything you need to know about Hebridan Way Walking Route
- 14:52 Council listens to residents over Holy Island plans
- 14:52 Sendings off are not unusual in Manchester derbies
- 14:52 Johnny Vegas to star in Blackpool comedy