News from Lancashire Evening Post
Callum McAllister, 19, from Chorley is wanted for recall to prison after breaching the terms of his licence. He was originally sentenced to 24 weeks in custody in July following his involvement in the theft of a doctor’s bag and car from Chorley Hospital
A new Indian restaurant is planned for one of Preston’s busiest arterial roads. An application has been submitted to the city council for a change of use for 47-49 New Hall Lane from an insurance brokers business to an eatery. Applicant Khalid Mahmood fr
It is one of the dilemmas of the Christmas countdown just what do you get for that person in your life who has everything. A personal shopper might just have the answers. Mike Hill reports Feeling the strain of the Christmas shopping season? Is pressie-h
Simon Grayson has stood in the technical area next to Arsene Wenger three times in his managerial career and will get a fourth chance next month when Preston North End host Arsenal at Deepdale. Grayson pitted his wits against Wenger in three FA Cup games
Seven years on, a devastated family are still ‘torturing themselves’ over why their beloved daughter’s male friend - who had been drinking all day and was uninsured - was driving her car when it crashed at 80mph in a 40 mph zone. The 19-year-old died in
Emergency services were called to Preston bus station tonight after a man on the roof was threatening to jump. Police, fire and ambulance services were all at the scene and there were road closures in and around the ring road. Rush traffic was backing up
The Chief Veterinary Officer has declared a Prevention Zone to help protect poultry from a strain of Avian Flu in Europe The Government Chief Vet has declared a Prevention Zone introducing enhanced biosecurity requirements for poultry and captive birds,
A man was stabbed as he walked home from a Blackpool pub. The incident happened at around 1.40am on Saturday in Lytham Road, South Shore. The 26-year-old man, was walking home from the Auctioneer pub where he had been drinking with friends. After he cros
Over 100 firefighters have been called to battle a blaze at a salvage yard in Accrington. Lancashire Fire services have said that firefighters are starting to have an impact on the fire which saw around 400 vehicles on fire at Excell Recycling Centre on
An alert was sparked at Heysham 2 power station in Lancashire today after hydrogen was detected on site Operators EDF Energy said staff at the nuclear plant were “mustered” as a precaution. There was no evacuation and staff returned to work. Around
A police burglary alert has been dropped after a culprit came clean. Officers in Farington crossed the crime spree off their list when a window cleaner stepped forward and revealed all. Worried residents had contacted police when white crosses marked in
A cross party delegation from Lancashire County Council travelled to Parliament today to spell out to county MPs the financial crisis looming at the council. The Westminster meeting followed a vote at the last full county council meeting in October that
Preston North End will monitor Aiden McGeady’s fitness this week after the winger pulled up with an injury during the defeat at Sheffield Wednesday. McGeady hurt his groin late in the first half but played on until half-time, forcing Owls keeper Keiren W
Preston North End supporters have welcomed the club’s decision to refund fans out of the fines handed out to Eoin Doyle and Jermaine Beckford. The 801 PNE followers who were in the away end for the 2-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough have b
Steve Borthwick’s rapid rise to the higher echelon of rugby coaching seems set to continue in Dublin today. Just a year after being brought on board by England boss Eddie Jones as forwards specialist, former Preston Grasshoppers star and Red Rose skipper
- 16:34 Best boss in the world takes all his workers on holiday to...
- 16:33 Christmas tree offer by Spalding Academy
- 16:33 Union to ballot members over Tata Steel changes to British Steel...
- 16:32 Wall Street flat as investors test post-election rally
- 16:32 Two feared dead in Lucker house fire
- 16:31 Cyprus to be 'out and about' in bond markets in 2017 - finance...
- 16:31 Sparkling full-year numbers at Laing
- 16:30 Relationship troubles? Don't tell your mates: Confiding in female...
- 16:30 The car that means you'll never have to stop at a red light: Audi...
- 16:30 Christmas Toy Appeal gathers pace
- 16:30 Transport Secretary Grayling 'should quit' after leaked letter on...
- 16:30 'Pathetic and puerile' racist troll convicted of harassing MP...
- 16:29 Chelsea star: I can become the best player in the world at Stamford...
- 16:27 India doctor to operate on '500kg' Egyptian woman
- 16:27 South Sudan 'deports critical reporter'
- 16:27 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 16:27 New Zealander says passport photo rejection 'not racist'
- 16:27 Council worker used £48,000 public funds to buy gadgets – then sold...
- 16:27 Futureheads and Field Music musicians produce Christmas track with...
- 16:26 Jon Jones will return to the Octagon this summer - UFC president...
- 16:25 Tory MSP Alex Johnstone dies after short illness
- 16:25 Knight Vinke warns European investment banks too small to thrive
- 16:25 Poundland shifts away from one price fits all
- 16:23 Paris ‘love locks’ are going to be sold to raise money for refugees
- 16:21 Piers Morgan makes big claim about Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez
- 16:21 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp targeting Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac
- 16:21 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 16:21 Carlo Ancelotti keen to avoid Real Madrid reunion in Champions...
- 16:21 Manchester United news conference LIVE: Jose Mourinho speaks ahead...
- 16:21 Two people feared dead in Northumberland house fire