News from Kenilworth Weekly News
A new proposal to install speed bumps and enforce a 20 mph speed limit in Leyes Lane outside Kenilworth School has been put forward - and feedback is needed. A task force of Warwickshire county councillors chaired by Cllr John Whitehouse (Lib Dem, Abbey)
The latest photo editing app to go viral, Meitu, has sparked serious security and privacy concerns as Android users are allegedly giving away huge amounts of information to the Chinese tech company in order to download the selfie taking app. The app whic
The RSPCA is appealing for information after an emaciated German Shepherd dog with rotting skin was found wandering in a country lane in Warwick and had to be put down. The nine-year-old dog, named Jake, was picked up by a local dog warden on Thursday Ja
An ATM skimming device was recovered from the Co-op store in Cressida Close, Warwick Gates, yesterday (Thursday January 19). Two suspicious males were seen close to the cash machine at around 12 noon prior to the device being discovered by a member of th
A 29-year-old man from Leamington has been arrested on suspicion of robbery following two incidents in Warwick and Long Itchington on Sunday evening (January 15). The first incident occurred at a BP garage in Stratford Road, Warwick, at 8.42pm. It is all
A meeting for Kenilworth residents to have their say on the town’s Christmas lights will be held next week. The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn on Wednesday January 25 from 6pm, and is expected to last around two hours. It will be run by the Keni
A Leamington teenager who went missing in November last year has been found safe and well. Ahmed Hamad, 16, initially went missing in the Brunswick Street area on November 9. Warwickshire Police wished to thank all those who helped share their appeal onl
The Advertising Standards Authority has released the 10 most complained-about adverts from last year. The list includes MoneySuperMarket’s dance-off, Paddy Power’s Euro 2016 advert featuring Scottish fans, and jokes about disability in Maltesers commerci
Three people have been arrested after a sword was found in a car in Leamington. Police stopped a black Audi A3 in Leamington at the junction of Clarendon Avenue and Kenilworth Road at around 3am this morning (Thursday) after reports that a car had been i
A former Warwick University student will take centre stage in a new BBC talent show this Saturday. Jordan Charles, who lived in Leamington during his studies, will be singing during the audition stage of ‘Let it Shine’, fronted by former Take That singer
A popular Disney toy set has been recalled by its manufacturer over safety concerns. The Bolt and Mitten soft toy set has been found to contain chemical substances which exceed regulatory limits. It is the black plastic nose on the Bolt (dog) soft toy wh
London-style ‘Boris bikes’ could be on their way to Warwickshire’s towns as a way of reducing congestion and improving air quality. Warwickshire County Council officers are expected to consider the use of a similar rent-a-bike scheme in the county during
A couple are fundraising for Warwick Hospital as a thank you to staff who helped deliver and care for their daughter. Lucy and Alan Rose, who live in Warwick, had been trying to have a baby for four years, before their wishes came true. In May 1 2016 the
Police pay over £21,000 to Leamington woman’s family after she was found dead the morning after 999 call
Warwickshire Police was made to pay over £21,000 to the family of a Leamington woman who was found dead after the force took 14 hours to respond to her 999 call. Luisa Mendes, 44, was found dead at an address in Leamington on 25 October 2012, the morning
Police are appealing for information after a number of pushbikes have been stole in Leamington. In the last few days four bikes have been stolen. The first incident is believed to have happened between Friday and Sunday, where a push bike was stolen from
- 13:15 Ex-partner fined after damaging door in bust-up with pub landlord
- 13:14 Outlander actress Caitriona Balfe joins the Women's March in...
- 13:13 Former Leeds United star makes huge transfer prediction
- 13:13 Jamie Carragher: Liverpool should have made this deal happen two...
- 13:12 Neither fear - nor ignore - your January debt
- 13:12 Poppy Widdison: Daily Mail columnist asks, 'who will save the next...
- 13:12 Is it illegal if someone parks in front of your house?
- 13:11 Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool set to do battle over winger deal:...
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote
- 13:03 Charlton explain why match against Scunthorpe was postponed
- 13:02 Dimitri Payet is skilled enough to play for Real Madrid......
- 13:02 Carlos Tevez denies he is the highest paid player in world football...
- 13:02 Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi can be like Dimitri Payet in few...
- 13:01 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 13:00 Earlsdon Festival organisers in plea for help to ensure event goes...
- 12:57 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 12:57 Blast causes deaths in Syrian camp near Jordan border - monitor
- 12:57 Merkel vows to find compromise with U.S. on trade, military spending
- 12:56 Video: Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira scores...
- 12:55 Mourinho won't let De Gea or Romero leave Manchester United FC
- 12:55 No deal has yet been agreed between Everton FC and AC Milan over...