News from Kenilworth Weekly News
Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime. Most common was
It’s almost that time - don’t get caught out. The lighter nights officially come to an end on Sunday October 30 when the clocks go back an hour, finally seeing off British Summer Time (BST). Greenwich Mean Time kicks at 2am, when the clocks go back to 1a
A plan to convert a Kenilworth hotel into ‘luxury’ student accommodation is proving controversial. Victoria Lodge in Warwick Road could become an 11-bedroom house aimed at either postgraduates or young professionals if the plans are approved by Warwick D
A new affordable family housing development in Leamington has hit a high point – thanks to the town’s Mayor. Cllr Ann Morrison, the mayor of Leamington, performed a topping out ceremony with developer Orbit and Coventry-based Deeley Construction at Union
Three more men have answered bail in connection with the incident at the Gurdwara Sahib in Leamington on September 11. A 28-year-old man from Coventry was cautioned for religiously aggravated criminal damage. A 39-year-old man from Birmingham was rebaile
Cheese that was actually non-dairy fat oil and ham that was really turkey or chicken were just two problems identified with takeaway pizzas examined by Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards. Trading Standards Officers purchased 40 pizzas from sma
Six people were hurt including two seriously after a head on collision between two cars near Leamington yesterday evening (Sunday). The incident happened on Old Milverton Lane in Blackdown at about 4.40pm. Four ambulances, a paramedic area support office
A dog that looks like a vampire from Kenilworth Dogs Trust needs rehoming in time for Halloween. The eight-year-old greyhound, called Mavis, has her front teeth missing apart from her four fang-like canine teeth. Staff are hoping that someone can embrace
A young Warwick man caused the death a frail pensioner from a heart attack following a confrontation after banging on his window, a jury has been told. Steven Jones then plotted with a group of friends to lie about the incident, and beat up a youngster w
The annual Kenilworth Round Table fireworks display and bonfire held at Kenilworth Castle is almost here after nine months of planning. The display, to be held on Saturday November 5, will be led by Fantastic Fireworks and is one of the biggest in the Mi
A fifth of parents have admitted that they find the half-term break stressful, with the additional costs the holiday brings being the source of much of the worry. With the week off fast approaching in England and Wales and already a distant memory for so
A Warwick woman who went missing earlier this week has now been found. Anina Brindley-Smith, 66, who also refers to herself to George, went missing at approximately 3.45pm on Wednesday October 19 near to Warwick New Road. Warwickshire Police wished to th
Migraine sufferers should avoid eating processed meats and leafy greens because they increase the level of nitrates which may cause the debilitating headaches. Researchers discovered that people with migraines harbour significantly more nitrate microbes
Eggs of a mosquito capable of carrying the zika virus have been found in a small village in England. Fifteen homeowners in the Kent area were hand delivered letters on Friday telling them that a small number of Asian Tiger Mosquito eggs had been found ne
Parents are being urged to swap candles for LED lights this year to prevent accidents on Halloween. The plea has come from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue services and the County Council’s Trading Standards in a bid to reduce the risk of children’s costumes
- 07:44 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 07:44 Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action win Warwickshire Third...
- 07:44 We retired to Greece but want to move back home because I suffered...
- 07:43 Luke Rhoden inquest: Just what happened in Luke’s final minutes?
- 07:43 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Hughes sets goal...
- 07:42 West Ham plot January raid on arch-rivals Millwall: Hammers have...
- 07:41 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 25
- 07:40 Craig Hignett fears losing Hartlepool United stars in January
- 07:40 Man wielded meat cleaver at dog walker in the street
- 07:40 Undetected heart defect causes death of 9-day-old baby boy
- 07:39 Martin Flanagan: BBA chief stops short of apocalypse pow
- 07:37 Police release footage of lorry driver using his mobile as he...
- 07:37 Four dead after water raft ‘overturns’ at theme park
- 07:37 Drugged up driver left teenage friend to die after crashing
- 07:37 BREAKING: Four dead in freak accident on river rapids ride in theme...
- 07:35 At least three killed on ride at Australia's biggest theme park
- 07:34 £100 million Springfield Brewery revamp gets go-ahead
- 07:33 India puzzled by 'sacking' of Tata boss Cyrus Mistry
- 07:32 Parking bays will need to be repainted as part of St Giles Street’s...
- 07:32 Phipps NBC launch golden cask competition to mark brewing of...
- 07:32 A total of 22 fashion stores and pubs have shut-up-shop on...
- 07:31 Demonstration sees Swineshead pond dredged for free
- 07:31 Today's Weather: Some sunny spells
- 07:31 Five jobs instead of one as search for Lincolnshire’ top cop goes on
- 07:30 People trapped in South Tyneside crash
- 07:30 Chester Zoo is one of UK's most popular tourist attractions
- 07:29 Trafffic and travel: A38 now open at Claymills following collision...
- 07:29 Watford subject to EFL disciplinary investigation
- 07:26 Rurik Jutting: Hong Kong murder trial shown 'torture' video
- 07:25 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic should be dropped