News from Kenilworth Weekly News
An historic building in Warwick has appointed its first female ‘master’ in it’s 445-year history. Heidi Meyer has assumed the role at the Lord Leycester Hospital, which since the time of Elizabeth I has only been filled by male clergymen and retired mili
A new ‘link road’ off the A46 at Stoneleigh which could help ease traffic during HS2’s construction has been formally approved by Warwickshire County Council. The road’s construction will be separated into three phases over the next 10 years. The council
The justice secretary has praised our campaign calling for tougher sentences for those who kill on the roads. Liz Truss MP said the Johnston Press Drive for Justice campaign worked ‘tirelessly’ for victims’ families. It comes just days after the Ministry
Quick-thinking and caring mechanics at a Leamington garage helped an elderly customer after she suffered a stroke while she was at home on her own. Margaret Cotton, 85, who lives in Lilington, had called the Crescent Garage in Rugby Road, Milverton, last
Hundreds of police officers have been accused of abusing their power to sexually exploit people, including vulnerable victims of crime, a damning report has revealed. Watchdogs laid bare the scale of the issue they described as the most serious form of c
Warwickshire Conservatives’ cuts plan would keep firefighters in jobs but hundreds of council staff would...
Plans made by Warwickshire County Council’s Conservative Group in the face of large budget cuts could mean that Firefighters will keep their jobs and more social workers will be employed. But this will come at a cost to the taxpayer and would also mean t
Plans to change Warwick town centre could get the go ahead today. A working group has been developing the proposals to transform the traffic flow in the town centre for the last three years. The proposals include; a 20mph zone for the town centre, wider
More support is being provided to help get people off the streets. Warwickshire P3, a charity that offers services for people at a time and in a way that they need it, was awarded the contract to deliver outreach services to rough sleepers across the c
Young visitors to Warwick Castle can settle in for all new stories with Santa included in the price of entry over the Christmas period. This heart warming festive attraction takes Children on a magical twenty-minute journey through three fully immersive
Wellesbourne Airfield could still be demolished despite a plan to build 1,500 homes on the site being refused. The airfield’s owners, the Littler family, wish to go ahead with demolition even though this goes against Stratford District Council’s Core Str
Rio’s nightclub in Bedford Street was described as “a boil on the backside of Leamington” by a district councillor at a planning meeting yesterday (Tuesday December 6) before its demolition was approved. Cllr Terry Morris (Con, Saltisford) made the comme
Loft Theatre, Leamington Until Saturday December 17 Tickets: 800360 Showing ambition without overreaching is obviously one the biggest challenges for a theatre company of the size of the Loft when staging famous and much-loved musicals such as Oliver! In
New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway
Brits are being urged to check their new fivers after engraved bank notes worth as much as £50,000 were circulated in a Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway. Tiny portraits of Jane Austen have been added to four of the new £5 notes by talented mic
Over 100 student apartments and five new shops are coming to Talisman in a divisive £10 million plan after councillors gave developers the go-ahead. Warwick District Council’s planning committee voted to approve the plans on Tuesday December 6 by seven v
Warwickshire Police have launched a campaign to reduce vehicle crime after recording a significant rise across the county. Between September 30 and November 2 there were 535 recorded incidents of theft of motor vehicles, theft from motor vehicles and veh
- 19:24 Conmen sold set-top boxes allowing illegal streaming of 3pm Premier...
- 19:23 French court cancels Kazakh tycoon Ablyazov's extradition to Russia
- 19:22 Liverpool former stars reunite as Dirk Kuyt, Martin Skrtel and Brad...
- 19:19 Amble firm mentioned in Parliament
- 19:19 Water restored to 16,000 homes across Boston and Sleaford
- 19:18 Iraq says it destroys Mosul car bomb factories
- 19:18 Syrian government forces press attack in east Aleppo
- 19:18 Teenager who loved comic books given superhero send-off at funeral
- 19:15 Arsenal transfer target Julian Draxler dropped by Wolfsburg, exit...
- 19:14 Badminton loses £5.9m funding for Tokyo 2020 as UK Sport announces...
- 19:14 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte warns his players: We'll be in trouble...
- 19:14 Football fans face disruption as UEFA announce plans for 6pm...
- 19:13 Watch the moment Nottingham driver is caught up in M1 'road duel'...
- 19:12 Russia, Ukraine edge closer to gas accord at EU-brokered talks
- 19:11 Sky agrees to £18billion takeover deal by 21st Century Fox
- 19:11 If you hear applause in 19th minute of Leicester City v Manchester...
- 19:11 Trump to name Goldman executive to key economic post: reports
- 19:11 Bomb kills civilian, injures three police in northern Egypt -...
- 19:11 Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
- 19:09 Jose Mourinho: Why I'm not worried about points gap between Man...
- 19:09 Why this property developer saw double at Derby auction
- 19:09 What would you do if you won £1 million? Here's what one...
- 19:04 Alexis Sanchez will only sign deal if Arsene Wenger leaves – report
- 19:01 Grantham Journal letter: Think of the patients first
- 19:01 Italian decree to support banking system is ready - government sources
- 19:00 Diego Costa’s creativity behind Chelsea star’s Player of the Month win
- 18:59 U.N. council meets on North Korea human rights despite China...
- 18:59 Turkish court dismisses case over 2010 Israeli flotilla raid - lawyer
- 18:59 Bolton says Trump moves could signal 'different,' tougher, China line
- 18:59 Man, 49, arrested after foxes killed by hunt hounds