News from Kenilworth Weekly News
Cold callers, stepping in dog poo, queue-jumpers, kids screaming in public and people walking slowing in front of you are the top five things that make Brits say ‘get me outta here’, according to a new study by GalaSpins.com. The research, which polled m
Thousands of Brits jetting off on city breaks this weekend could be faced with flight delays to popular European destinations. Travellers seeking sun during the school half-term or planning a long weekend over the upcoming Bank Holiday are likely to be d
Tesco has issued an urgent product recall notice for a range of pens due to fears that they could cause asphyxiation if accidentally swallowed. The Lipstick Pens - which come in a pack of two, with model #: MF9864792PK - and the Lollipop Pens, Model #: M
A report which could shape the future of how student housing and houses in multiple occupancy (HMOs) are managed in and around Leamington and Warwick is likely to be approved next week. Since July last year, a task group made up of Warwick district counc
Warwickshire Police say they will be increasing the number of police out on the streets over the bank holiday weekend following the terror attack in Manchester on Monday. The force said that despite there being no specific threat, there would be an incre
More people used the Leamington Night Shelter in the last financial year than in the previous one, which suggests that homelessness is either on the rise or not being addressed in the town. This is the view of joint coordinators Margaret Moore and Chris
Kenilworth School now holds the world record for the largest human image of a bicycle after smashing the old mark. 1,148 pupils, teachers, staff, as well as some councillors, all formed the shape of a bicycle in the grounds of the school on a sunny after
One in four motorists admit to regularly ‘taking risks’ on the road, a study has found. Researchers found millions of drivers flout laws whilst behind the wheel, with speeding still the most common issue. Almost half of the 2,000 motorists who took part
The funeral for a 95-year-old Warwickshire war hero took place in Lillington this morning (Friday May 26). Bryan Johnson, who was well-known in both Leamington and Warwick, died on March 14. His funeral was organised by Mr Johnson’s friends, the Bereavem
Kenilworth Station is starting to take shape as a new aerial photo of the site shows. Above-ground sections of the station, which is now expected to open in December after several delays, are now clearly visible. Graham Hyde of A Station for Kenilworth s
ELECTION 2017: Fact Check - if 30% more people under 25 vote, could the Conservatives lose the election?
An article on The Independent is being widely shared on social media suggesting that a 30% increase in turnout among 18 to 24-year-olds would make the election of a majority Conservative government on June 8 rather unlikely. It followed a tweet by Alan F
Kenilworth has started its own tribute to those who died in the Manchester terrorist attack at the clock tower in The Square. 22 people died after suspected bomber 22-year-old Salman Abedi detonated an explosive device after a concert from popstar Ariana
In the wake of Monday‘s terrorist attack, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) is warning people to be cautious of online fundraising pages. It has emerged that fraudulent pages are being set up which request donations to support the families of the victims.
A pizza delivery driver whose premises was attacked by armed robbers has urged police to step up patrols in the east of Kenilworth following three raids in a week. Mark Pendred, a driver for Domino’s in Leyes Lane, felt criminals were not deterred enough
Leamington pub owner Kevin Murphy has assumed a new identity in his fight to display statues of superheroes outside his business. In response to an enforcement notice from Warwick District Council asking him to remove various additions and alterations fr
- 02:53 Could Labour's love be lost in Mansfield after 94 years?
- 02:53 Rita, Sue and Bob Too: A snapshot of 1980s Britain
- 02:53 New French president promises tough talk at first Putin meeting
- 02:53 N Korea fires Scud missile into sea, its third test in three weeks
- 02:33 BA flight disruption at Heathrow set for third day
- 02:31 Living on fumes: China's war on pollution means little to a...
- 02:31 North Korea fires Scud-class ballistic missile, Japan protests
- 02:29 The Beatles' Sgt Pepper comes home for 50th anniversary
- 02:15 Former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis dies aged 98
- 02:14 Doctor in the House: How to manage back pain
- 01:59 Tories accused of 'sleight of hand' on manifesto grammar schools data
- 01:54 Paul Pogba, world's most expensive footballer, visits Mecca
- 01:51 Gazprom executive to meet EU antitrust chief, may have to improve...
- 01:44 Manchester’s drum and bass producer Marcus Intalex aka Trevino...
- 01:43 Who is Leanne Wood? A profile of the Plaid Cymru leader
- 01:31 Asia steady on firmer Wall Street, pound nurses losses
- 01:31 The Handmaid's Tale: Viewers left 'TRAUMATISED' by Channel 4 drama...
- 01:27 Star in stripes! Pixie Lott shows off her enviably long legs in...
- 01:27 'Amanda's nipples make an appearance every year!': Alesha Dixon...
- 01:27 And the winner is... Uma Thurman and Jessica Chastain go for...
- 01:27 'I got pied by my bird and pied by another bird!' Take Me Out...
- 01:27 U.S. Navy skydiver killed in parachuting accident in New York Harbor
- 01:27 'Yes she Cannes': Diane Kruger stuns in elegant bardot gown as she...
- 01:27 'I felt like a fool': Sharon Osbourne admits she felt humiliated by...
- 01:27 'I keep forgetting to breathe': 'Horrifying' first episode of The...
- 01:25 Aljaz Bedene puts Davis Cup dream on hold to concentrate on tennis...
- 01:25 Manchester United prepared to go toe-to-toe with Chelsea in battle...
- 01:08 YP Comment: Terrorism – which party will keep Britain safe?
- 01:02 Manchester attacks: MI5 probes bomber 'warnings'
- 00:55 Nigel Sollitt – Questions of identity. Why devolution must be for...