News from Ilkeston Advertiser
Greater Manchester Police have confirmed there have been a number of fatalities at Manchester Arena tonight. Officers were called to reports of an explosion at the venue, which was hosting a concert by Ariana Grande.
A Sheffield mum has spoken of the horrific scenes and chaos after 19 people died and 50 were injured following an explosion now being treated as a terrorist attack at a pop concert she attended at Manchester Arena. Karen Ford had taken her daughter to se
A cruel care assistant has been jailed after stealing jewellery belonging to elderly people - one suffering from dementia - who he was looking after. Dad Vickram Iqbal carried out a number of “nasty” offences when he targeted the elderly at two different
A decommissioned block of 29 bedsits in Long Eaton is to be converted into family homes. The work at Romorantin Place will be carried out by social housing organisation emh homes after it received the go ahead by Erewash Borough Council. Work is expected
An eagle-eyed reader took this alarming picture after a large coach became stuck at the bottom of a steep road in Rowsley Bar in the Peak District. The front of the coach wedged itself into an on-coming road as it attempted to clear a T-junction on Sunda
Warmer weather is finally on the way for Derbyshire - just in time for the bank holiday weekend. The Met Office is forecasting temperatures of up to 25°C for parts of the county this week, making it hotter than Marmaris in Turkey and Rhodes in Greece. Th
A drug addict stole two bottles of vodka to pay off a drug debt. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Thursday, May 18, how Sophie Pirie, 34, of Princess Street, Brimington, Chesterfield, stole the spirits from ASDA, at Whittington Moor, Chesterfield
A heroin addict who breached his restraining order for the eighth time has been spared from jail. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Thursday, May 18, how Luke Twigg, 24, of Calow Lane, Hasland, Chesterfield, went to his parents’ home at New Tupton
A cocaine-user caused damage to his father’s home after it is believed he had been taking the drug over a weekend. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Wednesday, May 17, how Reece Ward, 18, of Carrwood Road, Renishaw, damaged a living room door, a s
Time is running out to make sure you're registered to vote in next month's general election. The deadline to register is tonight (Monday) at 11.59pm.
With less than two weeks until the General Election it’s about time you decided you will get your vote. Whether you’re already a Tory, Labour or Liberal Democrat supporter, do our general election quiz to see which major party policies you agree the most
Welcome to our live feed on Monday, May 22. Keep refreshing this page for all the latest news across the East Midlands.
Early morning traffic coming into and travelling through Chesterfield was delayed today, Monday, May 22, after a collision on the Horns Bridge roundabout. The collision involved a heavy goods vehicle and a van at the junction leading into the northbound
Nineties fitness guru Mr Motivator is encouraging the nation to get sponsored to do 30 minutes of physical activity every day for 30 days in June for Bowel Cancer UK. Skip, run, walk, swim, do yoga or something else entirely, it’s completely up to you. T
Pesky pollen can wreak havoc during sunny spells. But don’t let itchy eyes and a runny nose ruin your time outdoors. Here’s some top tips to help you beat the sniffles and sneezes that come with hay fever.
- 08:08 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 08:08 Muslim organisations in Leicester condemn Manchester Arena terror...
- 08:08 MANCHESTER BOMBING: Latest police statement in full
- 08:08 Delays as some trains from Leeds are diverted after suspected...
- 08:08 MANCHESTER BOMBING: Everything we know so far
- 08:07 City named as tourism hotspot for European travellers
- 08:07 Yorkshire child sex abuse scandals ‘help raise awareness’
- 08:07 Rumour mill: Former Coventry City midfielder Gary Deegan no longer...
- 08:06 WEATHER: Wave of warm weather to bring highest temperatures since...
- 08:05 Watch: James Corden's powerful tribute after terrorist suicide attack
- 08:05 Students take centre stage at Chelsea Flower Show
- 08:05 Cumbria-based building society adds fingerprint recognition to app
- 08:05 Meet new boss of Barrow-based building society
- 08:05 Children's health at risk following school nurse cuts, officials claim
- 08:05 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun trivia
- 08:05 Barrow skate park on track with new development
- 08:04 Woman taken to hospital after police called to 'stabbing'
- 08:04 Ariana Grande speaks out over Manchester terror attack: 'I am so,...
- 08:04 Emmerdale star Isabel Hodgins tells of terrifying Manchester Arena...
- 08:03 Blackpool man jailed after drugs ring smashed
- 08:03 Google's AlphaGo takes on Chinese Go master in best of three matches
- 08:03 Victoria Coach station evacuated following reports of...
- 08:03 Suspected terrorist attack in Manchester Arena at Ariana Grande...
- 08:03 Floating market at Willington's Merica Marina proves a 'huge...
- 08:03 People are desperately trying to locate their loved ones after...
- 08:02 Man recognised in photo ex-BBC presenters 'who indecently assaulted...
- 08:02 Manchester terror attack: Suicide bomber responsible for blast...
- 08:02 Manchester terror attack: 22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena...
- 08:02 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 08:02 Manchester Arena explosion: Suicide bomber kills 22 people...