News from Ilkeston Advertiser
Your birthday is all about you so we have rounded up the best deals on the high street which offer treats on your special day. So whether you are craving cake or looking for a free eyebrow wax we have sussed out the best deals.
A reveller has narrowly been spared from being put behind bars after he was caught with a wooden-handled knife in a nightclub. Teenager Owen Beastall was spotted by the DJ at The Groove nightclub, on Church Walk, Chesterfield, with a knife sticking out o
The NHS insists lessons have been learned after a Derbyshire GP took her own life. As previously reported, Dr Wendy Potts was suspended from work and under investigation after she wrote a blog about her battle with bipolar disorder. One of Dr Potts' pati
Good morning! It’s Thursday, June 29 and the weekend is nearly here.
A driver had a lucky escape today on the M1 today after a metal object came through her windscreen. The object - a brass joint - flew up from the southbound carriageway as the woman was approaching Tibshelf. The impact of the joint was so great that it a
The weekend has nearly landed - and what better way to kick off the fun than by checking out our indispensable guide to the best things to do across Derbyshire. We’ve scoured the theatres, gig venues and event listings to produce our top ten below. Howev
Sir Vince Cable took time out of his campaign to become the next Liberal Democrat leader to urge business leaders to back a £1 million appeal boosting world leading cancer services in Sheffield. He was the latest high profile guest speaker at an event to
We’ve got another jam-packed edition of the Ilkeston Advertiser. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside...
Faecal bacteria was found in ice at three major high street coffee chains, according to a BBC investigation. Samples from drinks at Costa, Starbucks, and Caffè Nero were reportedly found to be contaminated in lab tests carried out by BBC One’s consumer s
Good morning! Welcome to our live Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and lots of fun features to help ease you into your day...
A nuisance neighbour who has spent 28 weeks locked up on remand has had his case further adjourned before hearing if he will be banned from his home town. Derby Crown Court heard on Monday, June 26, how Mohammed Dar, 55, of Ley Gardens, Alfreton, has adm
Imagine a day when Robin Hood becomes Robin Who. According to recent research that day could be fast approaching as a survey by Center Parcs found out that tales that form the backbone of British culture and heritage might never be heard again. The resea
Two Ilkeston men who robbed a building society at gunpoint have been jailed for almost 20 years. Christopher Dennis and Marlon Watson made off with nearly £5,000 after carrying out the robbery at The Nottingham Building Society in Shepshed, Leicestershir
Next time you withdraw money from a hole in the wall, consider singing a rendition of happy birthday. For on June 27, the Automated Teller Machine (or ATM) celebrates its half century. Fifty years ago, the first cash machine was put to work at the Enfiel
Sainsbury’s has removed 13 of its own-brand sandwich fillers from its shelves following the discovery of food bug listeria in them. The items from the supermarket’s Deli Fillers range were withdrawn after listeria monocytogenes was found in some of the p
- 11:58 University ‘tech’ team is officially best in the world
- 11:58 Coastguard called to reports of trio swept out to sea
- 11:58 Support stars sign up for Will Smith festival fun
- 11:58 Check out the rubbish left behind by travellers at Oakwood
- 11:58 Probe begins into flats fire
- 11:57 Student champions sports week
- 11:56 Viewers applaud Milly Dowler’s ‘brave’ sister as she releases this...
- 11:56 'Broadchurch' beach: West Bay cliff fall blocks coast path
- 11:56 Barcelona announce friendly with Chapecoense… eight months after...
- 11:56 Grenfell public inquiry: What is a public inquiry and what happens...
- 11:56 Police probing Black E brawl ask 'do you know these men'
- 11:56 Arsenal consider move for Leicester ace Riyad Mahrez after...
- 11:56 Lions team v New Zealand: Jonny Wilkinson assesses Warren Gatland’s...
- 11:56 Bogus callers claimed to be police officers and a window cleaner in...
- 11:55 NEW island emerges in same waters as Bermuda Triangle - but...
- 11:54 Funding celebrations for Maltings theatre
- 11:54 Dugdale leads tributes to Labour council stalwart
- 11:54 Police ask people who have used three firms to contact them after...
- 11:54 Peter Rabbit sculpture returns to Snugburys Ice Cream in Nantwich
- 11:54 Heartbreaking picture of boy in dad’s arms moments before he died...
- 11:54 Bridge over Coast Road to be demolished this weekend
- 11:53 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 11:53 SE Asia Stocks-Most rise; Singapore hits over one-month closing high
- 11:53 Russian military hits back over Fallon's jibe
- 11:53 New CET boss to 'double the size of the business'
- 11:52 Bodybuilder who claimed compensation over holiday food poisoning...
- 11:52 Concern over £5.5 billion contract to provide NHS services in the...
- 11:52 Jose Mourinho's transfer policy hints at his long-term plans at...
- 11:51 Liverpool and Tottenham contact Monaco about Thomas Lemar deal
- 11:51 Trainspotting director and Olympics artistic director Danny Boyle...