News from Ilkeston Advertiser
Investigation’s are ongoing to find a taxi driver who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman in his cab in the early hours of New Year’s Day. Two women got into a taxi sometime between 2.30am and 3am from outside the King’s Head, in Market Place, Ilkeston.
GP practices in Erewash say a new joint initiative is proving successful in ensuring patients can access primary care at short notice. Patients in Long Eaton who call their GP for an appointment that day may now be directed to the new On Day service, whi
The man who died after apparently falling while carrying out work at Derby’s Market Hall was from Sandiacre. Derbyshire Police have identified the man as William Ball, aged 37. The police were called to the Market Hall at around 4.20am on Wednesday, Janu
When’s the last time you rode a bike? According to a new survey by the British Heart Foundation (BHF) the average East Midlands residents haven’t cycled in a whopping nine and-a-half years. Also, more than one in five – 23 per cent – had avoided taking t
The latest GCSE performance tables for Derbyshire’s schools have been published by the Department for Education. But this year’s figures are different to previous years and now look at two new headlines measures - progress 8 and attainment 8. The new are
Adverts are something we can’t avoid but not all of them hit the right note. These are the top 10 most complained about adverts of last year.
An Ilkeston policeman who brought a friend back from the brink of death three times after he collapsed with a heart attack during a basketball game has spoken about the experience. Insp Roberts, 49, was coaching Ilkeston Outlaws basketball team when old
Derbyshire Police are increasingly concerned as to the whereabouts of missing 17-year-old Casey Mckeown. Casey was last seen on Friday, January 13, at her home address in Long Eaton. She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, of a slim build and has long
Here is the weather for today (Friday, January 20). A cloudy start in the north with hill fog and some spots of drizzle. Clearer skies further south frost and fog patches in the morning. Sunshine and colder conditions will spread north to all parts throu
Derbyshire Police are appealing for information after a high value mountain bike, bespoke jewellery, and a large amount of cash were stolen from a home in Long Eaton. Sometime between 6.15am and 11.45am on Friday, January 6, thieves entered a house in Sy
The southbound carriageway of the M1 has now reopened. The motorway had been closed between junctions 29 and 28 after a crash between a van and a car this morning (Thursday, January 19). Delays and congestion are still expected. A woman remains in hospit
HS2 planners are to stage community information events in Trowell and Long Eaton in the coming weeks, to discuss the project’s impact. The meetings are part of a public consultation on the Birmingham to Leeds branch of the high speed rail line. The Gover
Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal after it was revealed to be a risk to customers with allergies. The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nuts, which were n
Rural businesses could benefit from up to £35,000 to help them grow, thanks to funding from the EU. Derbyshire County Council is working with Derbyshire Economic Partnership to help distribute a £1.7m funding pot from the European Union to support rural
Thorntons is recalling its Thorntons hollow milk chocolate Jolly Santa 200g models because the product may contain a piece of plastic which could represent a safety risk Thorntons is recalling the product detailed below: Product: Thorntons Hollow Milk Ch
- 20:14 The Day After Tomorrow: What happened to lead actress Emmy Rossum?
- 20:10 Barron Trump yawns during father's inauguration after sleepy...
- 20:09 Taiwan's president tweets congratulations to Trump
- 20:09 Italy prosecutor asks for jail sentences for five S&P managers
- 20:08 Partner accused of killing children's author Helen Bailey before...
- 20:08 Everton say Gerard Deulofeu hasn't moved to AC Milan despite...
- 20:06 Erin Cross's name chanted by Britain's Got Talent audience
- 20:06 Five things you might have missed in North Wales: January 20, 2017
- 20:05 Burton dad stole from Clipper work colleagues to fund Christmas
- 20:04 Give rugby a try at Halifax Ladies RUFC open training session
- 20:04 Eric Lichaj hopes Nottingham Forest fans' protest does not 'get too...
- 20:04 Fans' protest will not affect Nottingham Forest players' focus,...
- 20:02 Arsenal legend Lee Dixon aims dig at Arsene Wenger as Steven...
- 20:01 Coronation Street birth crisis ahead for Leanne Tilsley – after...
- 19:59 Resident Evil 7 Experience LIVE in UK: Review and top survival tips
- 19:59 BETHANY HILL MURDER TRIAL LATEST: No evidence that Woods...
- 19:59 Trump trade strategy starts with quitting Asia pact -White House
- 19:58 Haiti's president-elect hit with money laundering allegation
- 19:56 Mum writes directly to Derby City Council leader Ranjt Banwait...
- 19:56 BREAKING: Major fire at 'former Doncaster Bloodstock Sales'
- 19:56 Melania Trump left red-faced after awkward encounter with Michelle...
- 19:55 The ultimate weekend getaways: 8 European hotspots you can fly to...
- 19:53 Coventry Bees get 24-hour extension to Brandon Stadium speedway...
- 19:52 Granit Xhaka: This is the real reason for my improved Arsenal form
- 19:51 US Army finally selects a new handgun maker after TEN YEAR search...
- 19:51 Nigel Farage hired by Fox News as a political analyst
- 19:51 The 'Hannibal Lecter' effect is a MYTH: Researchers find true...
- 19:50 When is Man City v Tottenham? TV channel, kick-off time, odds and...
- 19:49 South Korea prosecutors summon another Samsung executive
- 19:48 Villagers raise £3,000 in 24 hours for debt-hit Cumbrian club