News from Ilkeston Advertiser
Fledgling firms are springing up left right and centre in Derbyshire according to an encouraging new report looking into the county’s business trends. The total number of registered companies in the county now comes to 43,528 and during 2016 6,271 new co
The public are being urged to unplug a range of faulty tumble dryers - after some of them started to EXPLODE. Manufacturer Whirlpool has admitted there is a fault with a range of up to 5.3 million Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda dryers and they should be swi
Vandals have caused more than £3,000 worth of damage at Long Eaton's West Park. The mindless spree, which happened sometime last weekend, saw one lamp column snapped in two and the top half stolen, two trees broken beyond repair, damage to another light
There’s so much in your packed Ilkeston Advertiser this week, here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside... Dog walkers are being urged to keep their dogs under control during spring breeding season following last year’s devastating incident in which four swan
A man sustained a fractured skull after being punched in the head and knocked unconscious during an assault in Ilkeston. Police say the 49-year-old victim was confronted by a group of teenagers on the Market Place. One teen punched the victim once to the
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are our top picks of what’s on in Debryshire...
Damage and widespread disruption is expected tomorrow (Thursday) when Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire, with up to 80mph winds being forecast. A number of agencies have now issued advice on how to stay safe.
Storm Doris is set to batter Derbyshire tomorrow. Keep refreshing this page for updates as the potentially disruptive storm hits the area.
Storm Doris is set to hit Derbyshire on Thursday, with winds of up to 80mph set to bring major disruption and damage. Here’s everything we know so far.
A 22-year-old sex attacker who assaulted his victim in her own bed in Derbyshire has been jailed for four years. Derby Crown Court heard how Ashley Cooper sexually touched his victim after she had fallen asleep following a night out. Clive Stockwell, pro
Police have released these CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to about the theft of a purse from Long Eaton. Sometime between 9am and 1pm on Thursday, January 12, a woman left her bag in a consulting room at Long Eaton Health Centre in Midland
Motorists are being warned of delays on the A52 after a three-vehicle crash. The collision has occurred on the eastbound carriageway between the A5111 and the M1 near Stapleford. Recovery of the vehicles is now complete and lane one is now open but there
Good morning! Welcome to our live Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and lots of fun features to help ease you into your day...
Primark has removed a t-shirt promoting hit US TV show The Walking Dead from its stores after it was branded “fantastically offensive” and “racist” by an angry shopper. WARNING: WALKING DEAD VIDEO CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE Outraged Ian Lucraft was so o
Research shows the average East Midlands' motorist spends £2,136 on their cars each year - almost 10 per cent of their salary. The Car People study also found that in our region:
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway