News from Ilkeston Advertiser
A car which was used in a burglary in Cambridgeshire was apprehended today by Derbyshire Police on the M1. When the car was intercepted by the Derbyshire Roads Policing Unit, its driver was found to have no insurance or licence. During a subsequent drug
A specialist nurse from Ilkeston has been honoured for going the extra mile for patients. Helen Greaves, one of the top clinical nurse specialists in continence care in Derbyshire, received an award in recognition of her work to improve care for patients
A 14-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier today has been found safe and well. Kaleigha McNaul lives in Nottingham but was last seen in West Hallam. Derbyshire. Police say they would like to thank everyone who shared their appeal.
It’s been a busy old week in the world of news, sport, politics and all the rest. But how much attention have you been paying to the stories hitting the headlines? Answer our quick quiz questions and find out... And don’t forget to share your score and c
Police chiefs are appealing for people to report incidents of “menacing” clowns following a number of recent sightings across the county, including in Chesterfield. This week the Derbyshire Times published a video which showed people dressed as clowns la
Ilkeston’s Stanton Bonna Concrete has been fined £270,000 and ordered to pay costs of more than £24,000 after one of its employees suffered head injuries when preparing to clean a concrete mixer. Derby Magistrates’ Court heard how a heavy lid to the conc
A 17-year-old who was reported missing yesterday has been found safe and well. Marsha Hawksworth, who lives in Cossall but was reported missing from Derby, was being sought by Derbyshire Police who had reason to believe she may have travelled to Chesterf
Have you seen missing teenager Kaleigha McNaul? Kaleigha, 14, was reported missing from the Canning Circus area of Nottingham but was last seen in the West Hallam area of Derbyshire at 8.15pm on Wednesday 19 October. She is described as a white south Eur
A man was rescued by the fire service after his lorry crashed in Sandiacre yesterday. The incident took place at 4.30pm on Stanton Road and involved one lorry. The man - who was trapped in the vehicle by his injuries - was removed from the lorry using po
One lane of the M1 southbound will be closed this morning to allow the Highways Agency to complete overnight roadworks. The closure is affecting the stretch between J29, A617 (Chesterfield) and J28, A38 (Alfreton). The lane is expected to reopen at aroun
The Met Office forecast for the East Midlands for today Friday, October 21 is for a mostly dry day with sunny spells. There will be a chilly start with low cloud, mist or fog lifting. A few isolated showers may develop, most likely around the coast. Ligh
Car criminals who prey on Vauxhall Corsa owners by stripping their vehicles for parts have arrived in Derbyshire. The criminals - known as ‘Corsa Cannibals’ - take front bumpers, wings, bonnets, headlights, and wheels from cars often leaving owners with
Slavery isn’t just something that happened a long time ago and far away, it’s happening right now and right here in Derbyshire, but the good news is that we can all do something about it. What can we do about modern slavery? First, we need to recognise t
One of the oldest and largest street fairs in Europe is back in Ilkeston. Now in its 764th year, the Ilkeston Charter Fair attracts thousands of people and transforms the town centre into a colourful spectacle with some of the biggest and best travelling
Here’s a list of roadworks taking place on Derbyshire’s roads in the week ahead. NEW WORKS Matlock Road, Belper: bridge repairs, 6pm to 6am, October 22-23; diversion will be in place. Back Street, Castleton: water main renewal, October 22-30; diversion v
- 17:42 Masson Mill crash sees cyclist airlifted to hospital
- 17:41 Audi to buy back 25,000 diesel Q7 models in U.S. - Der Spiegel
- 17:40 Have you got what it takes to become a part-time firefighter in...
- 17:41 ECB's Nowotny thinks QE decision due in December
- 17:40 New school path will help get children walking
- 17:40 Historic England calls for action on tatty Nottingham shopping parades
- 17:40 Nottingham off-licence withdraws bid to sell booze until 6am
- 17:40 Lib Dem Denis Healy takes Tory seat in Beverley by-election victory
- 17:39 Jan Vertonghen insists 'I'd play five games a week' after being...
- 17:39 Barcelona star Luis Suarez writes off chances of winning the Ballon...
- 17:39 The Scunthorpe schools chief who cannot give interviews but says...
- 17:37 Terror on the East Marsh ...
- 17:37 Discussions 'ongoing' as Grimsby Town boss Paul Hurst remains...
- 17:37 Aberdeen hotelier apology for homophobic remarks
- 17:36 Snapped: Key man trains with Chelsea and is passed fit to face...
- 17:35 Lionel Messi cannot be stopped with any formula, concedes Valencia...
- 17:35 Brendan Rodgers refuses to blame Celtic defender Kolo Toure after...
- 17:35 Simon Mignolet hits the gym in bid to earn back place as Liverpool...
- 17:34 Rugby gets the walking football bug
- 17:33 Disgraced ex-Boro star Adam Johnson slashes price of luxury mansion
- 17:33 Fire at London City Airport forces hundreds of travellers to evacuate
- 17:30 Two arrested after dog buried alive with nail hammered through...
- 17:29 Chelsea vs Manchester United: Metro.co.uk’s big match preview
- 17:29 Could new deal encourage development to start at these Kirklees sites?
- 17:28 Slow start to Friday rush hour after crash on A15
- 17:28 ‘Your memory will live on’ – final farewell for soldier and rugby...
- 17:28 Adidas releases special edition Ashington trainer - but what is it...
- 17:28 Brexit job loss fears for Nissan's Sunderland plant could become a...
- 17:27 Schoolboy, 12, dies after falling from tree in Ayrshire
- 17:27 Teenager murdered man in argument over television