News from Ilkeston Advertiser
SKYPE VIDEO: Fashion blogger Susie Bubble inspires women tech creators at Leeds International Festival
Girl power comes to Leeds International Festival when fashion blogger Susie Bubble joins a panel inspiring more women to become tech creators. Empowering Women with Tech, a one-day conference, features female industry leaders as diverse as host broadcast
Former Derbyshire MP Edwina Currie has sparked controversy after she questioned why UK kids are going hungry when there’s a national epidemic of childhood obesity. On Monday night she tweeted: “How can ‘3 million UK children be going hungry in the holida
Video; shocking Derbyshire footage as woman stands up through a sunroof of a moving car to take a selfie
A reckless car passenger was caught on camera standing up through a sun roof to take a selfie in a car travelling at 40mph. The woman was filmed in the Peak District road pouting at the camera as it changed lanes and negotiated roundabouts. The blue esta
Firefighters were called to deal with a large bonfire which had gone out of control at Ilkeston. The fire on open land off Mapperley Lane, West Hallam was reported at 9.01 pm last night. Crews used hosereel jets to contain the blaze which had spread to a
Three people were taken to hospital after a house fire in Ilkeston. Firefighters were called to the blaze in a two storey terrace house on Buller Street at 11.06pm. Three casualties were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. The Red Cross fi
Welcome to our live feed on Tuesday April 24 Keep refreshing this page for all the latest news across the East Midlands.
The RSPCA is appealing for information after six kittens were cramped into a single cat carrier and abandoned on a Long Eaton street. The kittens, aged around six weeks old, were found in Gate House, off Main Street on Good Friday, April 14. RSPCA inspec
Derbyshire’s Peak District hills have been named among the nation’s favourite free days out. The stunning countryside on our doorstep was ranked second in a poll carried out by National Express, just behind The Lake District and ahead of third-placed Sno
Erewash MP Maggie Throup is to hold an open question and answer session on the local impact of the HS2 rail project. She was invited to appear by the Stop HS2 Erewash campaign group, and agreed to attend the event at the Soldiers & Sailors club in...
A troubled young man who had taken an overdose of painkillers and lashed out at hospital security staff has been given a suspended prison sentence. Michael Jack Wright, 21, of Spring Wood Close, Chesterfield, had been struggling with mental health issues
An Ilkeston road will reopen to drivers this weekend after an eight-month project to replace a historic bridge running over the railway line. Work to replace the 106-year-old Awsworth Road bridge began back in September, and will finally be complete on F
The young basketball stars at Ilkeston Outlaws have been given a slam-dunking new kit thanks to Trent Barton and its revamped Ilkeston Flyer service. The bus company has become a key sponsor of the two under-12s teams, which welcome around 40 players age
Drivers caught speeding face much stricter penalties as from today. Motorists caught doing 51mph in a 30mph zone or 101 mph on a motorway will be fined at least 150 per cent of their weekly income under the new guidelines. The tougher punishments for dri
Mobile speed cameras are operating on the following Derbyshire roads until Sunday, May 7. A6096 Ladywood Roadd, Kirk Hallam A6005 Derby Road, Long Eaton A514 Osmaston Road, Derby A6007 Shipley A511 Swadlincote A61 Derby Roadd, Chesterfield A617 Chesterfi
A heroin addict who slipped back into using drugs after he started taking amphetamines to lose weight has twice been caught with a stash of illicit substances. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Tuesday, April 18, how Andrew Harding, 39, of Frankli
- 07:11 Big Day Out 2017: These Nottinghamshire tourist attractions are all...
- 07:11 Pervert jailed after carrying out 15 sex attacks in 18 days in...
- 07:11 Newly-promoted Newcastle ordered to buy Liverpool star
- 07:09 Peter HJ de Vink: Give community councils more power
- 07:09 Emmerdale spoilers: Emma Barton’s murder secret revealed at last as...
- 07:09 Birmingham City are 'furious' with Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia...
- 07:07 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood shows off trim figure in navy dress for...
- 07:07 Heroic efforts from local marathon runners
- 07:05 Safe return review refugee policy 'beyond basic morality'
- 07:04 Bastian Schweinsteiger: This Manchester United star should join MLS
- 07:04 Jamie Redknapp: This striker can replace Diego Costa at Chelsea
- 07:04 Britain would be ‘wiped out’ if it entered nuclear war with Putin,...
- 07:02 Lipstick Under My Burkha: India film released for restricted release
- 06:58 Manchester United news and transfer rumours LIVE Jose Mourinho...
- 06:57 Chellaston man accused of fake cancer drugs plot
- 06:55 Defeat to Montrose piles more pressure on Rangers
- 06:54 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:54 'After Emily's autism diagnosis it all fell into place' Mum tells...
- 06:53 Diablo 3 Necromancer update: All the big Blizzard changes REVEALED
- 06:52 SFA 'asleep on the job' leaving kids at risk from sex predators,...
- 06:52 Sir David Murray 'told Rangers board Craig Whyte takeover was only...
- 06:52 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 26
- 06:52 Scots whistleblower's whopping $1million reward for reporting...
- 06:52 Free family seed planting event for cancer charity’s Daventry Take...
- 06:52 'I'm taking my own life while I still can' Tragic Scots MS sufferer...
- 06:52 'Tell us where you hid mum's body' Family plea to evil Scots...
- 06:52 Martin Flanagan: Clouds in Whitbread’s coffee cup
- 06:52 Watford Gap Services scoop top prize for improvement
- 06:52 Royal British Legion salutes Nottinghamshire women veterans
- 06:52 M1 re-opens after overnight closure due to lorry crash