News from Hull Daily Mail
A man has been arrested after he escaped onto a roof after police came to his property. Humberside Police closed Cyprus Street off Hedon Road after the wanted man, who has not been named, went onto the roof at around 5.30pm. Police have confirmed that th
The newly opened Ferens in Hull was celebrating one of its most successful weekends as thousands descended on the city centre art gallery. The Ferens said 10,000 people passed through the gallery, 6,000 on Saturday and another 4,000 on Sunday. It came as
Thousands of homes are being built in desirable areas of the East Riding. Major sites at Beverley, Hessle, Cottingham, Anlaby, Elloughton, Pocklington and Stamford Bridge are among the in-demand areas being developed. Some 23,800 new houses will be built
Robert Snodgrass insists he will continue to ignore all speculation over his future after helping Hull City to climb off the foot of the table with a first Premier League win in over two months. Snodgrass was again an influential figure as the Tigers fou
A father has told of his despair after thieves broke into the family's car and stole his daughters' toys, scattering some in a muddy field. Paul Brighton, 35, his wife, and their daughters, Ruby-Mae, nine, and three-year-old Amelia, returned home from vi
It has stood empty since Netto left last summer. Now, signs have been put up outside the building in Bude Road, Bransholme, stating discount store Home Bargains will be opening on Saturday, February 18. Rumours that Home Bargains had the estate in their
Hull Pirates are not gambling by signing 37-year-old netminder Vlastimil Lakosil and axing Jordan Marr, according to coach Dominic Osman. Experienced Czech-born keeper Lakosil will make his Pirates' debut in Wednesday's Challenge Cup semi-final in Milton
Hull FC reporter Paul Clarke gives his reasons for optimism having spent the last four days in Portugal with the Black and White son their training camp. Watching Hull FC during their Portugal training camp has filled me with excitement ahead of a new ca
Follow our updates throughout the day as we look at the traffic, travel and news headlines across Hull and East Yorkshire. After wintry showers and the risk of flooding last week, the temperature is set to be more mild this week but we'll keep an eye on
Gas has been restored to Withernsea after an outage which lasted more than a day. The gas supply to the entire town, which numbers around 3,000 properties, was cut off around 6pm on Saturday evening. Engineers from Northern Gas Networks worked throughout
Police have closed an east Hull road after a wanted man escaped onto on a roof. Officers went to a property in Cyprus Street, off Hedon Road, around 5.30pm to search for the wanted man, who has not been named. But, after they arrived, he went onto the ro
Bournemouth will go down as the opponent that began two new eras inside a single Premier League season for Hull City. In October they were the first team Mike Phelan faced as the Tigers' head coach and on Saturday the Cherries were back on hand to introd
MOTORISTS could end up paying hundreds of pounds more under new car tax laws coming into force. The changes to DVLA vehicle excise duty (VED) will be introduced in April. Under the rules some new cars will cost significant more to tax with the VED rates
Hull and Beverley's first drive-in cinemas are starting to sell out as hundreds book cars in to a week-long outdoor movie showcase. The Moonlight Cinema is coming to Hull KR's ground at the Lightstream Stadium and Beverley Racecourse from Saturday Januar
January was the month when Hull City had to find a striker to save their season. Premier League survival depended on it. Marco Silva wasted no time in signing Oumar Niasse on loan from Everton for the rest of the campaign but the man to rescue City might
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...