News from Hull Daily Mail
Hull New Theatre is due to re-open in a matter of weeks after a major £16m refurbishment. Now you have a chance to work at this world-class venue, with 21 job vacancies currently up for grabs. From welcoming the stars who will be treading the boards to b
Hull FC coach Lee Radford has hinted that the club could scrap their reserves team in 2018 after under-23s head coach Richard Horne was installed as Doncaster's new boss earlier this week. Horne will continue to play a key role with FC's reserves for the
City councillors have voted unanimously to give Bee Lady Jean Bishop the freedom of Hull. Mrs Bishop, who celebrated her 95th birthday earlier this year, will receive the highest honour the council can bestow at a ceremony in September or October. Today'
Andy Robertson insists any move away from Hull City this summer must be right for him. The left-back has been strongly linked with a move away from the KCOM Stadium, with both Burnley, Everton and Liverpool believed to be interested in signing the 23-yea
All residents living in high-rise council blocks in Hull will receive door-to-door visits following the Grenfell Tower fire in London. Speaking at today's full city council meeting, cabinet member for housing Councillor John Black said the aim was to rea
Two men have been taken to hospital with serious injuries following reports of a 'domestic incident' at a home in east Hull. Police were called to the scene at around 3am on Thursday morning to Southcoates Avenue, off Holderness Road. Large amounts of bl
Trampolining, zorbing, farmers' market stalls and live stunt demonstrations are just some of the attractions on offer at a family fun day in Hessle on Sunday. Atom Beers is among the local businesses providing liquid refreshment throughout the day, while
Three vehicles were involved in a crash this morning which saw a catering van "go through a wall". Police were called to the scene of the accident on County Road South, west Hull, just before 8am. One witness said: "I didn't see much as...
Welcome to Thursday's LIVE Hull City blog on a day fans have been dreading as we expect Harry Maguire to be announced as a Leicester City player. The Tigers are set to receive £17m for the defender, in what is a record breaking deal for the club, smashin
Fetuli Talanoa believes Hull FC are building something special after signing a one-year contract extension. The Black and Whites' star winger is currently in his fourth season at the club and has made Hull his home from home, after joining ahead of the 2
A hotel guest slammed a door on a receptionist's arm before attacking a police officer in his pants. Daniel Moore was trying to stay for a second night at the Premier Inn in Goole when he trapped the woman's arm in the door of the room he'd slept in. Whe
Follow our updates throughout the day as we bring you news on the traffic, travel and headlines across Hull and East Yorkshire as it happens. We will bring you the latest on the west London tower block fire which has so far claimed the lives of 12 people
A teenager has been left with a broken arm after he was knocked off his bike by a car. Rio Boxall, 14, was cycling from his home in Wawne to meet friends in Beverley when he was hit from behind by a car in Main Street, Tickton yesterday evening. The woma
A senior Hull councillor say he is being subjected to a daily torrent of abuse from "rather sad" Internet trolls. Councillor Martin Mancey says a lot of the abuse is in response to policies designed to tackle Hull's congestion. He said:...
A dad-of-five who claimed a 'jihadi knifewoman' had terrorised him and his children in an east Hull street has been punished by police. Barry Oxendale, 38, caused widespread panic when he told his now ex-partner that a "crazy woman all in...
- 21:57 Paedophile breached order by talking to boy, nine, in Chorley
- 21:57 Inquest opens into Ellen’s tragic death
- 21:55 Watch Fabinho and Nemanja Matic in action: Could they form perfect...
- 21:52 David Mundell faces fresh calls to resign over £1bn DUP deal
- 21:50 Hedgehog had to be popped by vets after he blew up like a balloon
- 21:49 Liverpool Transfer News: Aubameyang blow, Oxlade-Chamberlain...
- 21:48 Portugal 0-0 Chile (Penalties 0-3): Claudio Bravo's spot-kick...
- 21:44 Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez reacts to Manchester United...
- 21:42 EU in CRISIS: Slack in eurozone looks worse than we thought, warns...
- 21:41 Israel attacks Syrian position after mortar lands in Golan Heights
- 21:40 Peter Andre was spotted busking on a street in North London by some...
- 21:34 Germany's Gabriel urges lasting ceasefire in eastern Ukraine
- 21:33 VIDEO: Sir Vince Cable urges firms to back £1m Weston Park Cancer...
- 21:33 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: 10 awesome things to do in Derbyshire
- 21:32 Six charged over Hillsborough disaster
- 21:31 Cengiz Under’s father reveals ‘ongoing talks’ amid Manchester...
- 21:29 Manchester United want to sign Middlesbrough star Marten de Roon
- 21:29 US STOCKS-Wall Street surges as banks, tech stocks spark rebound
- 21:28 Manchester City youngster Bersant Celina keen to show his worth to...
- 21:28 FBI and US tax authorities probe decision to award 2021 World...
- 21:28 Barcelona rejected by Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu as Spaniard...
- 21:27 Leeds to unveil Samu Saiz by Monday at the latest
- 21:26 This could be the final nail in the coffin for HRI
- 21:26 Pokemon Go Fest explained: New event is going to be BIG and have...
- 21:25 Are brothels legal? We look at the laws behind selling sex
- 21:23 Brazil Supreme Court justice sends charge against president to...
- 21:22 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: 10 awesome things to do in Nottinghamshire
- 21:20 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: 10 awesome things to do in Derbyshire
- 21:20 This is why Coronation Street and Emmerdale won't be aired on Thursday
- 21:18 Carlisle's historic Bell and Plate meeting is a hit with racegoers