News from Hull Daily Mail
Hundreds of students have been told they will not be able to wear casual clothes to school to raise cash for Red Nose Day. In a break with tradition, South Holderness Technology College has told its pupils they will not be holding a "non-school...
A historic city centre hotel is looking to expand by creating dozens of new bedrooms. The Mail recently reported that Hull's Mercure Royal has been taken over by Cheshire-based Britannia Hotels. The hotel, which is connected with Paragon Station and has
Hull and East Riding's premier tourism awards have been given unprecedented support from local businesses, with more sponsors of awards than ever before. The 2017 Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards (REYTAs), organised by Visit Hull and East Yorkshi
A man was caught trying to smuggle a Syrian refugee in the boot of his car through Hull's King George Dock. The woman, who is in her 20s, spent "15 hours of torment" as she tried to flee her war-torn country to find safety in the UK. She was...
A dad-of-two threatened to set fire to his ex-girlfriend and her eight-year-old child so he could "watch them both squeal". Michael Brammer, 32, had been handed a restraining order in October last year, which prevented him from contacting...
Lee Radford delighted with Hull FC back Mahe Fonua as we analyse his strong start to 2017 in detail. Even before Mahe Fonua had broken his duck last Friday against Widnes Vikings, the dominant winger was one of Hull FC's top performers in 2017. Now in hi
Hull KR have been hit with a hammer blow as full-back Adam Quinlan could be ruled out for a minimum of three months with a dislocated shoulder – or worse still, miss the rest of the year. Rovers are not looking to dip into the market for a direct replace
Follow our updates throughout the day as we bring you news on the traffic, travel and headlines across Hull and East Yorkshire as it happens. Although spring is officially upon us, you wouldn't know it as it's a chilly morning and temperatures aren't exp
The driver of a silver car which flipped and landed on its roof after a collision with a taxi at a roundabout in north Hull has escaped from the crash unscathed. Emergency services, including two ambulances and Humberside Police, rushed to the junction w
A car has flipped and landed onto its roof at a roundabout in north Hull. Emergency services have raced to the scene of the accident, and the car is in the road, overturned onto its roof. Yorkshire Ambulance Service are in attendance at the scene of the
A callous woman conned thousands of pounds out of her bosses at a small Hull firm as part of an elaborate hoax in which she told workmates that she was dying from terminal cancer. Kelsey Whitehead told managers at Carbon Electric, which is based in Hedon
It's back where it all began. Having spent the last two months stopping people in their tracks in Queen Victoria Square, Blade has returned to the less crowded surroundings of Alexandra Dock. The huge 250ft long offshore turbine blade was made in Siemens
Small independent shops in Beverley are struggling as a result of “ridiculously high" business rates and "crazy" parking charges, owners have claimed. Mandy Buchanan was hit with a "phenonemal" 34 per cent rate rise for her...
A 23-year-old woman was forced to the ground and sexually assaulted as she walked home. The victim had been on a night out with a friend on Saturday, March 18. She left High Street, in Barton, shortly before 11:10pm to walk home. After leaving her friend
Get your walking boots on while you can as Hull's Moth Trail will soon be gone – and you can buy one of your very own. The moths were put on display around the city and further afield as part of the Amy Johnson Festival, and 26 of the statues are now bei
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...
- 18:16 Watch as Leicester mum shaves her head for charity
- 18:16 Bayern Munich being sued after Manchester United incident
- 18:16 Amber Valley residents urged to remain vigilant after several...
- 18:16 Southampton star Nathan Redmond reveals England aim
- 18:15 Your Kodi box could soon be declared illegal
- 18:15 London attack: Home secretary says don't blame intelligence agencies
- 18:14 Moldova says no response from Russia on money-laundering probe
- 18:14 How your breast milk changes depending what time of year it is
- 18:14 Granit Xhaka confident Arsene Wenger will stay on at Arsenal
- 18:13 Updates: 'Armed police' surround house in Scunthorpe town centre
- 18:13 Former soldier holds race night to say thank you
- 18:13 Duns Camera Club winners
- 18:12 'Migrant wave’ has exposed EU weaknesses, admits German...
- 18:12 Would YOU eat these meals? Bake Off's Prue Leith backs campaign for...
- 18:12 Would YOU choose to live forever? Age-reversing pill that Nasa...
- 18:12 Is this how we'll clean up our air? Scientists find the 'key'...
- 18:11 Banbury bodybuilders put it all on the line