News from Hull Daily Mail
A 'malevolent' mum and her drug dealing partner could not face charges of murder or manslaughter due to a lack of evidence, the Crown Prosecution Service says. Michala Pyke, of Hull, and her ex-partner John Rytting, have each been jailed for 13 years at
Police have appealed to the public for help to find a wanted man from Hull. Humberside Police say that Mr Smithies, 29, is also known by the name Lee Dales and is wanted in connection with a number of offences. Searches for him have proved unsuccessful a
The father of Poppy Widdison and his family insist they would have intervened had they known the full extent of the four-year-old's desperate home life. 'Vivacious' Poppy died after suffering a cardiac arrest in 2013. Although the cause of death was inco
A primary school has sent letters to parents denouncing Facebook after a worried mum raised fears of an abduction attempt. The mother of the four-year-old Anlaby Primary School pupil posted a warning to other parents after her child was removed from her
More than 23,000 householders were summonsed to appear in front of Hull judges last year for failing to pay their council tax. A Freedom of Information request to Hull City Council has uncovered that Guildhall chiefs issued court summons to 23,745 househ
"You're allowed to scream, you're allowed to cry – but never give up." Attached to a tree, it's a simple message which has been left blowing in the wind in Newland Avenue - to inspire anyone who should pass. The note is just one of hundreds...
An 'unfit mother' has been jailed for 13 years for feeding her four-year-old daughter drugs in the months before her death. 'Vivacious' Poppy Widdison died after suffering a cardiac arrest in 2013. Although the cause of death was inconclusive, tests reve
Jake Livermore is expected to join West Bromwich Albion in the next 24 hours after Hull City accepted a bid in the region of £10m. Livermore is travelling to the West Midlands this morning and will undergo a medical ahead of a proposed move to the Hawtho
A woman ran over a Yorkshire terrier in her Mercedes while drink-driving on a trip to buy alcohol and cigarettes. Sarah Hodgson, 46, injured the dog on Maple Drive in Beverley after the trip to a local shop on December 8 last year. The terrier had to be
Hull City Council leader Steve Brady is facing calls to resign over the closure of a care home in east Hull. Lib Dem councillors have tabled a question at Thursday's full council meeting at the Guildhall calling for Mr Brady to resign over his handling o
Pupils at St Mary's College have recorded the highest level of attainment across Hull, according to new Government GCSE league tables. Meanwhile, South Hunsley School posted the best results in the East Riding, according to the new measures. The tables,
He has just weeks to live and is now receiving palliative care at Dove House Hospice. Doctors have told 29-year-old father of two Mike there is nothing more they can do for him after they discovered an inoperable tumour. But despite his devastating progn
A mother and her ex-partner are due to be sentenced today for feeding a four-year-old girl drugs in the months before she died. Poppy Widdison was given drugs including diazepam, heroin, methadone and ketamine, for up to six months before her death. Her
As Hull City prepare for Sunday's Premier League trip to Chelsea, head coach Marco Silva continues to look at ways of strengthening his squad. If he works fast, like he did last week to bring Oumar Niasse and Evandro to the club, there could be two more
It was the police operation that never slept and led to the break-up of an international, multi-million pound cocaine smuggling conspiracy. Exploiting lax security and one crew member's links to organised crime, three P&O Ferries workers smuggled,...
- 10:46 ‘It was a miracle no one was killed’: Car owners’ shock as tree...
- 10:45 'Paul Pogba wants me back at Manchester United... he wants to play...
- 10:45 Manchester City vs Tottenham combined XI: No room for Gabriel...
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...