News from Hull Daily Mail
A bus engineering manager broke a student's arm and punched another outside a Hull city centre nightclub. Adam Reah, 29, of Penrose Close, Bransholme, injured two students on August 29 outside Sugar Mill in Princes Dock Street. During the attack, Reah pu
The clutches of domestic abuse are hard to escape. But often, the grip offenders have over their victims is not physically around their neck or wrists, but a metaphorical one, made out of control and power. Reporter David Spereall talks to Fiona whose ex
Two-hundred Siemens workers applauded the huge Blade sculpture as it arrived in Hull city centre. The gigantic 75-metre wind turbine blade was made at the company's Alexandra Dock plant. Now, after being transported along Hedon Road and into the city cen
These are the scenes inside the KCOM Stadium yesterday as a boycott of Hull City fans contributed to one of the lowest attendances in years. Just 6,608 fans were in the stadium for Hull City's FA Cup 3rd round victory against Swansea City according to th
A huge wind turbine blade will be installed in Hull city centre this morning in the latest mind-blowing installation for Hull City of Culture. The major commission is the brainchild of artist Nayan Kulkarni who is transforming Queen Victoria Square with
It is the amazing installation which will dominate Queen Victoria Square in Hull city centre as part of City of Culture. And it has taken a major logistical exercise to move it from Siemens, who manufactured it at their new plant at Alexandra Dock, to th
A gigantic 'Blade' artwork is being transported into Queen Victoria Square for Hull City of Culture 2017. But what is it and what does it mean? It will be a sight most people in Hull would not have expected to wake up to. Throughout the night a giant 75-
This morning Hull residents will be waking up to an amazing sight as huge new piece of public artwork is erected in Hull city centre. A 75 metre long rotary blade is being is being transported from Seimens factory in Alexandra Dock in the early hours thi
People are calling for the spectacular We Are Hull installation to be played in the city centre again during 2017. A staggering number of people flooded the streets of Hull for a final glimpse of the show, packing out Queen Victoria Square, Whitefriagate
Football writer Will Jackson takes a look at the key talking points after Hull City's 2-0 victory over Swansea City in the FA Cup third round. He loves a 4-3-3 He's played it all his career to great success and his first game at Hull City is no different
Tonight's National Lottery draw will reveal a rollover jackpot of £5.5m plus one guaranteed raffle millionaire. The draw is the first not to be shown live on BBC One which has cancelled its quiz show formats that featured the draws for Lotto and Thunderb
It has been one of the most memorable and moving weeks in the city's history. From the dazzling We Are Hull to the poignant Arrivals and Departures feature at The Deep it has been six days filled with emotion and pride in what our city has and will conti
Traffic is gridlocked across large parts of Hull as the finale of Made In Hull gets underway. Thousands of people are making their way into the city centre for their last chance to see the stunning Made In Hull display that has wowed spectators for the p
Hull City boss Marco Silva declared himself "happy" after his side progressed to the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 2-0 victory over Swansea City in the Portuguese's first game in charge of the Tigers. Second-half goals from Abel...
Late goals from Abel Hernandez and Josh Tymon earned Marco Silva a winning start to his reign as Hull City head coach as Swansea City were beaten 2-0 at a sparsely-populated KCOM Stadium. Hernandez came off the bench midway through the second half to mar
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham
- 10:26 Tom Daley admits to ‘online sex session with fan’
- 10:25 RSPCA West Midlands: Bucky, Madge and Prince are waiting to be adopted