News from Hull Daily Mail
A major road is closed following a serious crash just outside Hull this afternoon. Police have said the stretch of road at the junction of the B1240 and Lelley Road, between Preston and Sproatley, is shut. Emergency services are at the scene, with a heli
A driver had a lucky escape after crashing their car into a canal. Humberside Police and Yorkshire Ambulance Service were called to the scene at Wansford, near Driffield, after being called about a car submerged in the water. The incident happened at abo
Police have released CCTV images of two men they want to speak to in connection to a north Hull burglary. Officers have said a building in Stockholm Road was broken into on the night of April 4. Thieves caused damage to a coffee machine and stole paperwo
It's been quite a fall from grace for Aaron McLean. Since leaving Hull City in 2014, the striker has struggled to settle at any of the four clubs he has joined, resulting in a slide down the league ladder. In just three years he has slipped from the Prem
Hull FC reporter Paul Clarke offers his verdict on the player performances during the Black and Whites' 24-10 victory at Leigh Centurions. Starters Jamie Shaul: Solid enough from the full-back. He was impressive with some scoots from dummy-half and came
Today is the day you can get your hands on cultural history. From 2pm, visitors to King Edward Square will be able to get their hands on a Lego daffodil, which are part of the UK City of Culture celebrations. The newly regenerated space outside the forme
Political parties face a race against time to get their candidates in place for June's snap general election. They have just a few weeks to organise campaigns, leafleting and the nomination of candidates. In our region, it's expected all the current sitt
Prime Minister Theresa May has announced a snap general election. The election will be held on June 8. The prime minister announced the news in a statement outside 10 Downing Street on Tuesday morning. The move came as a surprise to many political commen
Over two-thirds of Hull City fans would like to see Andrea Ranocchia made a permanent City player in the summer. When asked which current loaned player they would most like to see become a full time Tiger, 68 per cent of City fans voted for Andrea Ranocc
A west Hull woman scratched abusive words into another woman's car 18 times. Lorraine Ferguson, 69, scratched her victim's black Toyota Auris on 18 separate occasions including scoring in a variety of words including "lesbian" as well as...
Good morning and welcome to Tuesday's LIVE blog. Easter is over and we're all back to work after eating far too much chocolate. No such pleasures for Hull City though as they start preparing for their next game against Watford at the KCOM Stadium. A must
A banner welcoming Tour de Yorkshire riders into Driffield on Friday has divided opinion in the town. For some people claim its message – Now Then Borr How Is't? – does not make sense. Driffield Town Council say the wording is a traditional greeting in E
Tributes have poured in for a popular north Hull sweet shop owner who has died after suffering a heart attack in the store where he spent his life. Dave Shephard, 70, who has been described by his wife as a "legend in north Hull", served...
Good morning. It is now just over a week since tens of thousands of people waited to see if they could get tickets to the city's biggest festival of the year - and possibly decade. Radio 1's Big Weekend tickets sold out in a little under one hour, meanin
These pictures show how disgusting mounds of rubbish are attracting rats which are now plaguing a west Hull home. Pensioner Christine Carter, 64, says rubbish dumped near her Rose Avenue home, off Beverley Road, has attracted a "dangerous"...
- 08:39 Police still questioning Whitehall knifeman terror suspect as six...
- 08:38 Mansfield and district crime report
- 08:37 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: All the matchday...
- 08:36 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 08:34 Petition opposes sale of any council homes in Shropshire
- 08:34 Oswestry’s Orthopaedic Hospital veterans’ centre would be first
- 08:34 No Shifnal Town Council poll due to lack of candidates
- 08:34 EasyBus link between Shrewsbury and Chester to start
- 08:34 Man who showed 'no remorse' jailed for sexual assault
- 08:34 Eastham Bridge collapse: Relief after new crossing is installed
- 08:34 Judge gives Telford drug addict a final chance
- 08:34 Telford landlord licence plan consultation delayed until...
- 08:34 Shropshire Council powers have been chipped away, says David Lloyd
- 08:34 Shrewsbury mother who left her children, aged four and 11,...
- 08:34 Chance to comment on spots for planting
- 08:34 Peter drives off with top national recognition
- 08:33 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:32 Historic pubs included in new real ale guide
- 08:31 Chelsea team predicted: Antonio Conte’s starting XI to face Everton
- 08:30 Philippine military says high-ranking Abu Sayyaf member killed
- 08:28 Berwick Community Trust chief reflects on twin town visit
- 08:28 Drones and fighting cyber crime make for good business inside the...
- 08:28 £4k boost for African trip
- 08:26 Joe Hart wants Manchester United transfer to prove Pep Guardiola wrong
- 08:25 China deports US 'spy' Sandy Phan-Gillis after conviction
- 08:24 Holme Valley stroke survivors tells their stories for Stroke...
- 08:24 Jane Bradley: Don’t make sport out of pregnancy
- 08:24 Stephen Jardine: I’ll try the vegetarian way in meat-free May
- 08:24 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:23 Man City boss Pep Guardiola 'to launch' £250m summer spending spree...