News from Hull Daily Mail
Welcome to the rolling news live blog where you'll find all the latest news and traffic, travel , sport and weather updates for Hull and East Yorkshire on August 7. If it's happening in our city, you'll hear it here first. If it's happening in the wider
A Danish firm awarded a multi-million pound contract to provide services to one of the world’s longest offshore natural gas pipelines has been assisted by a Hull-based law firm. Nord Stream 2 is a twin pipeline that will stretch 1,200 km from Russia, thr
The top-rated schools in Hull and East Yorkshire have been revealed. The Real Schools Guide analyses the latest government data to produce the most comprehensive guide to state-funded secondary schools. The guide, compiled by the Trinity Mirror Data Unit
A carer admitted being "utterly ashamed" when he was sentenced for stealing £25 from a vulnerable pensioner he was supposed to be looking after. Thomas Fynn, 39, was one of several carers entrusted with visiting the 83-year-old in sheltered...
A woman who suffered a terrifying panic attack during a set at Humber Street Sesh has issued a desperate plea to find the person who helped her overcome her anxieties. Natasha Liddle, 25, of Anlaby, has been plagued by panic attacks since childhood and j
A graduate who had drunk ten double vodkas "crammed" six people into his small BMW then "ran away" after crashing into a tree, leaving one passenger unconscious with a broken neck, and another seriously injured. Johnathon Steward,...
Residents on a section of Kingswood are fuming their streets have been left to look like a "complete eyesore". People living in homes around Selset Way and the surrounding area, just south of Kingswood Retail Park, say "unkempt"...
A man has admitted a public order offence and possessing weapons on the day a woman was killed. Joanne Hemingway, 39, died in hospital from injuries suffered in an incident in Beverley Road, west Hull, on June 29. Glenn Ronnie Foster, 42, appeared at Hul
A mum has described her "devastation" after being told her three-year-old daughter's condition is terminal. Darcee Ella Cawthorne, three, suffers "hundreds" of different seizures a day and cannot eat, drink, stand and sit without...
Heartbroken sister's touching tribute to tragic Jodie, 28, who died after collapsing in Spring Bank flat
A heartbroken mum-of-two has paid a moving tribute to her "bubbly" sister who died after collapsing at a friend's flat. Jodie Vaughan, 28, died at Hull Royal Infirmary on February 23 after a long battle with drugs and depression. Paramedics...
Mark Godfrey, 37, of Arncliffe Close, Bransholme, received a three-month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, was fined £90, and must have up to 25 days rehabilitation, for racially aggravated assault by beating. He must pay £85 costs and a £115 sur
The emotional moment mum of tragic donor hears son's heart beating in loving dad's chest for the first time
A loving dad-of-three has spoken of the emotional moment the mother of his life-saving donor heard her son's heart beating in his chest for the first time. Chris Horner, 31, underwent a heart transplant in February after being diagnosed with a potentiall
They are there when people are at their most vulnerable, scared or confused in Hull Royal Infirmary. And now Humber NHS Foundation Trust’s Hospital Mental Health Team has been nominated for a Hull Daily Mail Health and Care Award. Based in Gladstone Stre
A suspected drink-driver crashed into two other vehicles and hit a telegraph post before overturning on a rural East Yorkshire road on Monday evening. Humberside Police tweeted these photos of the vehicle following the accident, in Frodingham Road betwee
A councillor has launched an eleventh hour bid to keep an illegally-installed timber shed at her home. Earlier this year a planning inspector rejected an appeal by Councillor Kerri Harold and her husband Roy against an enforcement notice issued by East R
- 00:29 Record-shattering 2.7 MILLION-year-old ice core drilled from...
- 00:29 Want to make new friends? Women who talk about their favourite TV...
- 00:29 Look, no hands! $399 camera necklace lets you livestream videos...
- 00:29 How pollution makes its way to the ocean floor: Deep-sea footage...
- 00:27 I am 70: The shopkeeper who lived through Kashmir's wars
- 00:27 China bans weird and long company names
- 00:26 Teenagers to find out A-level results
- 00:26 Stevie Ward: Leeds Rhinos star is perfect role model for all of...
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition
- 00:07 Northern Ireland: May spurns physical north-south border
- 00:07 May refuses to rule out state visit despite latest bigotry
- 00:07 Corbyn slams ‘nazi-like’ Islamophobia in the Sun
- 00:07 Britain plummeting into a ‘cost-of-living crisis’