News from Hull Daily Mail
An anonymous donor's offer to help pay for a grassroots football final at the KCOM Stadium has been kicked into touch, shattering the dreams of local players. A donor came forward after the Mail reported local football had been priced out of staging a sh
This morning saw 36 acts announced for Radio 1's Big Weekend in Hull 2017. Radio DJ Nick Grimshaw devoted his breakfast show to announcing some of the 50 acts set to head to Hull next month. We already knew headliners included Katy Perry, Kings Of Leon,
Police have released the picture of a man they want to speak to after a purse was stolen on a bus. Officers have said a person was travelling on the number 246 EYMS bus travelling from Hull Paragon Station to Beverley, via Beverley Road. But their purse
Andrea Rannochia has refused to rule out a possible move to Hull City in the summer, should the club stay in the Premier League. The Italian has impressed during his three-month stay in England so far, building up a strong partnership with Harry Maguire
A man accused of controversially trying to cash in on Hull's popular Lego daffodils by selling one for £75 on Gumtree has explained why the advert was put up on the site. Shawn, a Gumtree seller from Bransholme, was berated by some people in Hull after a
Hull's popular Lego daffodils are being sold on Gumtree for £75, prompting angry claims some are cashing-in at the expense of charities. Hundreds queued for hours on Tuesday to get their hands on one of the 1,700 creations that appeared in newly-created
Big Weekend has given us another treat by revealing some amazing artists playing the Where it Begins Stage. Radio 1 earlier revealed who will be headlining the main stage with huge acts including Rita Ora, The Chainsmokers, Lorde and Kasabian announced b
We now know who will be joining Kings of Leon, Stormzy and Little Mix for the Sunday fun at Big Weekend 2017. There will be 50 acts performing across four stages at the event on May 27 and May 28 with 50,000 ticket holders set to enjoy the fun at Burton
It's a busy morning on the roads in Hull and East Yorkshire today with several rush hour problems. A broken down lorry on the A1033 Hedon Road, close to Hull Prison, is causing long delays heading into the city. There are also problems in Spring Bank as
Deputy city council leader Daren Hale says he wants to succeed Alan Johnson as the next Labour MP for Hull West and Hessle. He and another Hull councillor, Alan Clark, have become the first to declare an intention to stand in the party's selection proces
Nick Grimshaw has just announced the artists joining Katy Perry at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Hull 2017. The California Girls singer will be headlining the Saturday night at the festival, with others set to join her on the main stage. Who is playing? Lord
If you're lucky enough to have bagged yourself a ticket for Radio 1's Big Weekend, then you'll need to think about how to get there. And to help ease congestion in the local area, there will be an official Park and Ride Service – which ticket holders can
Good morning and welcome along to today's live blog. It's Wednesday, which means Hull City's must-win game against Watford on Saturday in fast approaching. While a lot depends on Swansea City's result against Stoke City at the Liberty Stadium, a Tigers w
Good morning and elcome to the day when the full line-up is announced for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Hull 2017. We were all very excited when it was announced Radio 1 would be bringing their Big Weekend spectacular to Hull this year, and the 50,000 ticket
Good morning. We were all very excited when it was announced Radio 1 would be bringing their Big Weekend spectacular to Hull this year, and the 50,000 tickets sold out in almost record time. We already have an eclectic mix of performers heading down to t
- 14:26 Growing their own spuds!
- 14:25 Star pens pre-contract agreement ahead of summer move: Five-year...
- 14:25 Sebastian Vettel claims pole in Russia after Lewis Hamilton error
- 14:25 Paul Merson blasts Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez for unbelievable...
- 14:24 Scunthorpe RUFC Colts dinner and presentation night - pictures
- 14:22 Schools get welcome boost from housebuilder
- 14:22 Heroin dealers jailed after chance find by police
- 14:22 From the gym to Hollywood! Lincoln fitness expert Jenny Pacey to...
- 14:22 Everyone loves Danny Cowley...but look back at the moment this fan...
- 14:21 Calls to halt Oakham library revamp project after £309,000...
- 14:21 Cows milk not soya is best for kids, study finds
- 14:20 Arsenal training photos: Key man returns from injury ahead of...
- 14:19 Cows milk not soya is best for kids, study finds
- 14:19 Charity bike ride for the Reliant Robins
- 14:17 'The turning point' and four other learnings from Wasps' defeat at...
- 14:17 Rangers 1 Celtic 5 as rampant Hoops make it look easy at Ibrox - 5...
- 14:17 Fancy a free Rams t-shirt Derby fans? Here's how to get one
- 14:17 Proms dresses in Derby: where to buy one
- 14:16 Celtic player ratings: Sinclair wasteful but Griffiths on form...
- 14:16 Trump’s armada MOVES IN: US deploys USS Carl Vinson after North...
- 14:15 Vicious attack on man in Clydebank treated as attempted murder
- 14:15 Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas is AC Milan’s top summer transfer target
- 14:14 These two Man United players were not good enough against Man City...
- 14:14 Rangers racism claims during Celtic defeat as video picks out fan
- 14:14 Islamic State kills senior Afghan Taliban official in Pakistan -...
- 14:12 No flash required: ‘belfie’ trend sees backsides bared at beauty spots
- 14:11 No flash required: ‘belfie’ trend sees backsides bared at beauty spots
- 14:09 Mazda CX5 review: The big five is competition for Ford's Kuga and...
- 14:09 'Mr Gorilla' raises £26,000 by crawling London Marathon
- 14:09 PHOTOS: Double callout drama for mountain rescue team