News from Hull Daily Mail
A former Hull KR academy player who "took the wrong turn" when his career was ended by injury has admitted five drugs offences. Grant Salter, 26, was twice caught with cocaine and cannabis, and was with drug dealer Leon Armstrong who tried...
Revised plans to cut the number of councillors in Hull and change ward boundaries have been announced today. Under the proposals, the overall number of city councillors would be reduced by two from 59 to 57. There would also be significant changes to cou
With limited resources available for transfers in the summer, Hull City will more than likely be dipping into the free agent market in a desperate bid for reinforcements. However, with plenty of names to be linked with the Tigers, City could do a lot wor
Table-topping Tigers are the favourites but character could still trump class, writes Paul Clarke. This is what it's all about. In and amongst the constant grind of the Super League, this week is just a little bit different. It's a reminder of rugby leag
Where has this year gone? We are currently six months through Hull's year as UK City of Culture 2017 and the success has been unimaginable. Thousands of people have finally found where the city's galleries and museums are, outsiders are clawing to get a
A taxi firm in Hull has designed and launched an Uber-style app which they believe could transform the service in Hull. Anlaby-based 966 Taxis launched the app on Monday evening, which will allow customers to track exactly where the taxi they have booked
Kirk Jowett, 30, of Neville Avenue, Beverley, was jailed for 22 weeks for assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and assault by beating. There were no separate penalties for causing £170 of damage to a Vauxhall car belonging to one of the assault victim
Hull mum's anger as cancer battling son Daniel has to wait two hours for an ambulance after leg break
A brave youngster battling cancer had to wait two hours at home for an ambulance when his mum found his leg was broken. Daniel Carter, six, was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer of his chest and spine last year after doctors initially diagnosed him wi
Bransholme will be getting its very own flag as the celebrations marking the 50 anniversary of the estate continue. The estate is celebrating five decades since the first residents moved in, and has already seen a host of special events commemorating it.
Hull FC great Richard Horne is set to end his 19-year professional career with the club after accepting the position as new head coach of Doncaster. Horne, 34, who is currently reserve team head coach at FC and was previously academy coach after hanging
Humberside Police have seized hundreds of cannabis plants after a raid in an east Hull house. One man is currently in custody after the drugs were found in a house in Ceylon Street, off Marfleet Lane, earlier today. The police tweeted out a picture of th
Police in Hull are trying to find the family of a man found dead at his home at the weekend. Richard Kynman, 68, was found at his home in Hartoft Road, west Hull, on Sunday, but officers have been unable to trace his next of kin. His death is not being t
Police want to speak to this woman after a 91-year-old man had money stolen out of his pocket. The man, 91, was in Hull Paragon when a woman befriended him and walked him to Platform 5 to show him where his train was. But, police say she then put her han
Fulham have rejected a £20m bid from Newcastle United for Hull City academy graduate Tom Cairney. The midfielder has long been linked with a move back to the Premier League, after a brief taste with the Tigers, but it seems he might have to wait a little
This is the moving video created by Sutton Park Primary School following the recent terror attacks in London and Manchester. The whole school took part, making posters and signs to display in the video as they all sang along to Where Is The Love by The B
- 06:31 Six injured after protest turns violent over death in police custody
- 06:31 Woman sexually assaulted on bridge at Glastonbury Festival
- 06:30 Glastonbury groom turns to tunnel of love for wedding fun
- 06:30 Westoe Fete a huge success as it’s hailed as one of best ever
- 06:27 Labour to bring forward bill to ban fracking in Scotland
- 06:27 Sutherland Primary Academy praised after two moves in 18 months
- 06:27 Port Vale boss says winger can be crowd favourite
- 06:27 Stoke City show hand in bid to move on expensive flop Giannelli Imbula
- 06:27 Grantham friends raise £400 at carnival ahead of their Great Wall...
- 06:25 Real Madrid News: Ibrahimovic tells Raiola he wants to replace Man...
- 06:25 Daniel Sturridge: Cristiano Ronaldo holds key to future of...
- 06:23 The Voice UK vocal coaches are coming to Burton at event by VocAL...
- 06:23 Chance the Rapper surprised with message from Obamas as he accepts...
- 06:23 Model of small school education ‘must be preserved’, say charities
- 06:22 Game of ‘catch-up’ for police in catching hare coursers across...
- 06:20 SE Asia Stocks-Thailand rises in holiday-thinned trading; Vietnam...
- 06:20 Heroes or agitators? Young lawmakers on Venezuela's front line
- 06:18 JAM JAR ARMY: Gardens provide beneficial activity for older people
- 06:18 Children among the seriously injured after car crashes into crowd
- 06:18 Derby needs to be 'streetwise' to lure top talent to live here,...
- 06:18 Glastonbury festival: the best of Sunday – in pictures
- 06:17 Heysham man raped vulnerable young woman twice in her home
- 06:16 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:16 How Birmingham's economy has slowed down faster than almost...
- 06:16 Head to Hose Fest to hear great live music
- 06:15 Crown Resorts staff jailed for enticing Chinese gamblers
- 06:15 The life of an Army parson
- 06:14 SO much to see at festival launching in Skegness area
- 06:14 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:14 Couch potato teens ‘as sedentary as 60-year-olds’