News from Hull Daily Mail
A man accused of controversially trying to cash in on Hull's popular Lego daffodils by selling one for £75 on Gumtree has explained why the advert was put up on the site. Shawn, a Gumtree seller from Bransholme, was berated by some people in Hull after a
Hull's popular Lego daffodils are being sold on Gumtree for £75, prompting angry claims some are cashing-in at the expense of charities. Hundreds queued for hours on Tuesday to get their hands on one of the 1,700 creations that appeared in newly-created
Big Weekend has given us another treat by revealing some amazing artists playing the Where it Begins Stage. Radio 1 earlier revealed who will be headlining the main stage with huge acts including Rita Ora, The Chainsmokers, Lorde and Kasabian announced b
We now know who will be joining Kings of Leon, Stormzy and Little Mix for the Sunday fun at Big Weekend 2017. There will be 50 acts performing across four stages at the event on May 27 and May 28 with 50,000 ticket holders set to enjoy the fun at Burton
It's a busy morning on the roads in Hull and East Yorkshire today with several rush hour problems. A broken down lorry on the A1033 Hedon Road, close to Hull Prison, is causing long delays heading into the city. There are also problems in Spring Bank as
Deputy city council leader Daren Hale says he wants to succeed Alan Johnson as the next Labour MP for Hull West and Hessle. He and another Hull councillor, Alan Clark, have become the first to declare an intention to stand in the party's selection proces
Nick Grimshaw has just announced the artists joining Katy Perry at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Hull 2017. The California Girls singer will be headlining the Saturday night at the festival, with others set to join her on the main stage. Who is playing? Lord
If you're lucky enough to have bagged yourself a ticket for Radio 1's Big Weekend, then you'll need to think about how to get there. And to help ease congestion in the local area, there will be an official Park and Ride Service – which ticket holders can
Good morning and welcome along to today's live blog. It's Wednesday, which means Hull City's must-win game against Watford on Saturday in fast approaching. While a lot depends on Swansea City's result against Stoke City at the Liberty Stadium, a Tigers w
Good morning and elcome to the day when the full line-up is announced for BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Hull 2017. We were all very excited when it was announced Radio 1 would be bringing their Big Weekend spectacular to Hull this year, and the 50,000 ticket
Good morning. We were all very excited when it was announced Radio 1 would be bringing their Big Weekend spectacular to Hull this year, and the 50,000 tickets sold out in almost record time. We already have an eclectic mix of performers heading down to t
A Hull dad wants to clear his name after he was branded a cheat and a liar on The Jeremy Kyle Show. Dean Gold, of Holderness Road, and his partner, Kayleigh Walker, filmed an episode of the popular daytime show last Wednesday, and the outcome was not wha
One of Hull's best-known pubs and nightclubs will be demolished. The Star and Garter, in Portland Street, off Ferensway, reopened in July as an 'exclusive' gay-friendly club under new ownership. But the nightclub, which has been one of the city's most po
A man who made his mother's life a "living hell" has been banned from her street indefinitely. Corey Burnett's mother was "terrified" he would kill her and called police after he started smashing up her home in Campion Avenue, west...
With just two points separating Hull City from Swansea City as the Premier League season nears its climax, everything is pointing towards the two clubs fighting it out to avoid joining Sunderland and Middlesbrough on a path back to the Championship. The
- 17:53 Premier League stats: Every goalkeeper rated by their clean sheet...
- 17:52 Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes boss: Our dominance is over
- 17:49 Locked-up: North Staffordshire criminals jailed in April 2017
- 17:49 Saudis say sending aid to all of Yemen including Houthi areas
- 17:49 Story of 91-year-old Serbian refugee to be told in animation
- 17:49 'Strong and stable' - Why politicians keep repeating themselves
- 17:48 Minister says fond farewell
- 17:48 Wales keeper Nicky Davies in Ynys Mon squad for 2017 Island Games
- 17:48 Four young people killed in 140mph ‘fast and furious’ road race...
- 17:47 Great range of photos to enjoy
- 17:47 Alice Ruggles' family open their hearts 24 hours after their...
- 17:46 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Solihull rookies stand out, West Ham starlet...
- 17:45 Joey Barton lost almost £17,000 on bets worth more than £200,000 as...
- 17:45 Michael Carrick makes huge claim about Man United boss Jose Mourinho
- 17:45 Why did TOWIE cast come to mystery location in Coventry for a pool...
- 17:45 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 17:45 NFL Draft 2017: Who is Myles Garrett? What position does he play?...
- 17:45 Former Liverpool chief lifts lid on failed transfer for Tottenham star
- 17:44 Grimsby teenager STILL missing after police appeal
- 17:44 Calls for 200 homes site in Waltham to be removed from Local Plan
- 17:42 Pet ban for owner who kicked, dragged and punched terrified puppy
- 17:42 Prison violence hits record levels but it’s we shouldn’t be surprised
- 17:41 Rail strikes could hit your journey if you are heading north from...
- 17:41 Which football teams caused fans the most injuries and broken items
- 17:41 Cute puppies & kittens from Newcastle & the North East: Send a...
- 17:41 West Cumbrian man jailed for over seven years for stabbing
- 17:39 Search underway for missing 39-year-old man from Lancaster
- 17:39 North Yorkshire 'safest area in the country', police force says
- 17:38 The training session that will make all West Brom fans proud -...
- 17:38 Ex-Test captain Michael Vaughan: 'IPL experience gives England...