News from Hull Daily Mail
A frustrated motorist has been left at least £25 out of pocket after a gust of wind blew his parking ticket off the dashboard. Matthew Spafford parked in the East Riding Council car park in Newbegin in Hornsea, where he works as a chef, last week. Despit
Pupils at these schools missed the most days without permission in East Yorkshire last academic year. In Hull, children missed 92,300 days of school (1.6%) without prior permission in 2015/2016 according to government figures. In East Riding, they missed
Good morning and welcome to another edition of our live Hull City blog. The Tigers don't play today but there's still plenty of news floating around and you can find it all right here. The race against relegation is heating up and as it's the internation
Hull FC reporter Paul Clarke takes a look at the key talking points to come out of the Black and Whites' 22-20 win at Wigan Warriors. Impressive first period Hull made some mistakes early on which was maybe expected after arriving late and seeing the con
An update of people convicted and sentenced in the courts in Hull and the East Riding Simon Bignell, 52, of Sharp Street, west Hull, was fined £240 for twice breaching a non-molestation order by driving along Goddard Avenue, west Hull. He must pay £85 co
Hull KR host Halifax at KCOM Craven Park on Sunday afternoon. Rovers reporter Gareth Westmorland previews the game. Gareth Westmorland opinion How long can Hull KR sustain their unbeaten run in the Championship? Week after week, the Robins keep producing
Disappointed? No. Determined? You betcha. The attitude of Kieren Moss is impressive despite missing out on the full-back berth at Hull KR. Having joined the Robins only ten weeks ago to this day, the Australian still feels fortunate to have nailed down a
Hull FC were dealt a couple of injury blows during their 22-20 win over Wigan Warriors. Danny Houghton was taken off the field inside the opening five minutes after he injured his calf. The Mail can reveal the hooker pulled his calf whilst chasing down t
Lee Radford admitted he was left with mixed emotions after his Hull FC side withstood an outstanding comeback by Wigan Warriors to beat the reigning Super League champions 22-20 at the DW Stadium. Hull had led 22-0 in the second half thanks to tries from
Hull FC showed excellent grit and determination to withstand a mammoth fightback at the DW Stadium as they held out to win 22-20 after leading 22-0 early in the second half. The Black and Whites were initially helped by the fact that Wigan were missing 1
A devastated mum says she has lost everything after a fire gutted her Anlaby home. Mhairi Walker was inside her home on Dawnay Drive with her 13-year-old daughter Chloe when the fire started in a rear bedroom upstairs. Luckily, Ms Walker and her daughter
Wigan Warriors host Hull FC tonight at the DW Stadium in the sixth round of the 2017 Super League season. The Black and Whites travel to Lancashire hoping to continue their three-match winning run but they'll have to halt Wigan's unbeaten record, with th
It is that time of year where we put on red noses and look silly for a good cause. Red Nose Day is back and here's what schoolchildren in Hull and East Yorkshire wore to mark the occasion - shown in the video above. According to Comic Relief, it is all a
The dad of a 12-year-old girl who died on a school trip in France has launched a crowdfunding campaign to fund French legal fees. Jessica Lawson drowned on a Wolfreton School trip at a watersports centre in Massif Central, on July 22, 2015. Jessica's par
Firefighters are currently battling a blaze at a house in Anlaby. Two engines and a specialist response vehicle from Humberside Fire and Rescue have been called to the scene in Dawnay Drive, Anlaby. The fire is believed to have started on the ground floo
- 15:41 Trainspotting sequel props sold for charity
- 15:41 Sir Lenny Henry STORMS OFF Graham Norton's Big Chat after yelling...
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...
- 15:24 Police pounce on homes and a barge during drugs raids
- 15:22 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...
- 15:22 Don’t forget- the clocks go forward tomorrow
- 15:21 Life on the Farm column with Frances Graham
- 15:21 'I Am Still Me' - Moving photography exhibition shows people with...
- 15:20 Port Vale v MK Dons LIVE: Three changes for Vale
- 15:19 Woman injured in two-car crash in Leeds
- 15:19 Hundreds detained as Belarus struggles to quell protests