News from Hull Daily Mail
Good morning and welcome along to today's live blog. Hull City are just three days away from hosting West Ham United in the Premier League this Saturday. The Tigers have the chance to move level on points with 17th placed Swansea City with a win as goal
In the hour that followed Hull City's 2-1 win over Swansea City earlier this month, Marco Silva was asked time and again if the precious victory would become a turning point. Not in the Tigers' Premier League season, but in his own tactical approach. Wou
They came in their droves, but all left satisfied and full. Papas massive 1p giveaway saw the restaurant smash their target of 10,000 portions of fish and chips across both their Willerby and Bilton sites. The mammoth task meant the chain are out of prof
Follow our updates throughout the day as we bring you news on the traffic, travel and headlines across Hull and EastYorkshire as it happens. It's a bit of a murky start to the day with clouds set to stay into the afternoon. Patchy rain expected with high
A young woman who suffers from excruciating migraines says she was 'sacked' from her job at Hull Royal Infirmary for taking too many days off sick. Casey Osborne, 22, who had been an admin worker in the appointments and referrals centre at Hull Royal Inf
A man who terrified neighbours with threats and racist abuse has been banned from an entire block of streets in west Hull. Fidel Lamonth, 50, of Massey Close, hurled abuse at his neighbours and intimidated them to the point one mum was too scared to go i
Twenty people have been found living in a three-bedroom house off Hessle Road in west Hull. Hull City Council received complaints about the number of people living in the rented house in Tyne Street. It is understood eight people have since moved out. Co
Markus Henriksen says back-to-back home wins can be the launch pad for Premier League survival as Hull City gear up for a pivotal week at the KCOM Stadium. City return from the international break by hosting West Ham United on Saturday before Marco Silva
Hull FC boss Lee Radford admits he's delighted to have Liam Watts back from a four-match suspension but has in turn heaped praise on the squad for handling his ban so well. The Black and Whites lost the maverick forward last month following a dangerous t
Is this the worst gum-splattered street in Hull? With the city council about to acquire a specialist new machine to remove dropped chewing gum, the Mail took a trip to Manor Street in the city centre where the problem is particularly bad. Along an 80ft l
A Bransholme couple have been banned from owning animals for 10 years after "failing their dog miserably" and causing him to be put down. German Shepherd Bruno was found collapsed at the home of Darren Clater and Denise Wolfe by police, who...
Residents and businesses have spoken of their shock after a security van robbery in Hessle. A manhunt was launched after two men jumped a G4S security guard outside Barclays Bank in Ferriby Road at 1.20pm yesterday. The two men were still on the run last
A rugby referee may never be able to officiate again after breaking his ankle when he was attacked in a pub after a match. His attacker, who has a well-paid job in the offshore oil industry, has now been ordered to do unpaid work for the community and pa
State-of-the-art buses with free wi-fi are being rolled out on new routes in Holderness. Hull-based bus company East Yorkshire Motor Services (EYMS) is introducing route changes from Sunday, which aims to make travelling by bus into the city a good optio
Rugby league columnist Paul Cooke discusses concussion protocols with Hull FC's Fetuli Talanoa and Hull KR's James Greenwood currently sidelined due to head injuries. "The game's going soft!" It's often a phrase around the grounds of rugby...
- 12:13 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible chemical contamination
- 12:13 Researchers have created a menstrual cycle on a chip
- 12:12 Gianluigi Donnarumma praises veteran Gianluigi Buffon for advice...
- 12:12 Liverpool FC's relief as Brazilians come through World Cup...
- 12:12 Toshiba’s US nuclear firm Westinghouse to file bankruptcy protection
- 12:12 Hilton woman puts on her running shoes for the London Marathon to...
- 12:12 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 12:12 Christie associates to be sentenced for New Jersey bridge scandal
- 12:11 Travel jabs and gluten-free food may no longer be available on NHS...
- 12:11 Your community events in the North East: A multicultural day,...
- 12:11 Call for inspiring women to step up in Blackpool
- 12:11 Can you help Anjali Dance Company find a new home?
- 12:11 Trampoline park’s fitness time for toddlers
- 12:10 Six ways to lower your fuel consumption
- 12:10 Six ways to lower your fuel consumption
- 12:10 Curbing freedom of movement ‘will mean rethink for firms’
- 12:09 Ceremony held in Sheffield city centre to remember those killed and...
- 12:09 Man injured after hit and run in Oswestry
- 12:09 Nottinghamshire pub reopens after £400,000 revamp - watch our video...
- 12:09 RETRO: Treasure trove of vintage pics unearthed at building site
- 12:09 Barcelona release statement on Lionel Messi following four-match ban
- 12:09 This is how new cyber security legislation will impact...
- 12:09 Jackson Irvine scores first international goal as Burton Albion...
- 12:08 Travel jabs and gluten-free food may no longer be available on NHS...
- 12:08 Leicester Mercury Baby and Toddler of the Year is back - and it's...
- 12:08 Third Leicester Business Festival planned for autumn
- 12:07 Six ways to lower your fuel consumption
- 12:07 Grantham firefighters prepare for gruelling 36-hour charity challenge
- 12:05 New Staffordshire Police chief named
- 12:05 More than 300 care jobs on offer at Wolverhampton fair