News from Hull Daily Mail
The moment the fixtures for next season's Super League campaign are revealed has almost become a rugby league pastime. We may have the upcoming Four Nations tournament to feast on, but who you support in club rugby defines who you are as a fan. So when t
IN terms of experienced Championship opponents, Hull KR have a tough start to 2017 following the release of next year's fixture list. A home tie to Bradford Bulls is a fantastic way to kick off the campaign, in a battle between two sides tipped for succe
Hull City have dropped into the bottom three of the Premier League on the back of a poor run of results and performances, but should we really be surprised? writes Peter Swan I don't see why. All City are actually doing is performing how most of us expec
If you listen very carefully, you can hear the very faint bells of sleigh bells. There are still a full two months until Christmas, but preparations are already well under way. For in Cottingham on Sunday, the first Christmas lights were being put up aro
One-in-three children in Hull cannot write simple sentences by the age of five. But children in early years settings across the city are improving their writing skills faster than the national average. According to new figures released by the Department
While on a recent trip to Hull, newcomer to the city Caroline Jones encountered the multiple crossings at the junction of Ferensway, Beverley Road, Spring Bank and Freetown Way. Here, she explains why it should come with an instruction manual. As the you
With Hull City trailing by two goals at home to Stoke City the KCOM Stadium crowd were calling for Abel Hernandez's introduction to the game. And it appears it wasn't just the crowd calling out Hernandez's name, it seems the advertising hoardings were ge
This is the incredible view of Earth that schoolchildren got to enjoy after they sent a do-it-yourself weather balloon to the edge of space. Pupils from Sirius Academy West, in west Hull, were able to view the footage after a dog walker chanced on the re
The A63 has been closed westbound after a serious accident between a car and a tractor on Sunday morning. It happened on the stretch of road between South Cave and North Cave, closed the where the A63 joins the M62, at about 10.30am. The air ambulance wa
It was supposed to be an opportunity to put things right after a 6-1 defeat at Bournemouth, but Hull City's slide down the Premier League continued with an equally worrying performance and result at home to Stoke City. Our City reporter Philip Buckingham
After a positive start to the season which defied most expectations as Hull City beat champions Leicester City and then Swansea City, normal service has for many been resumed in recent weeks. A 2-0 defeat against Stoke City at the KCOM Stadium was the Ti
It was anonther poor afternoon at the KCOM Stadium and that wasn't just the lowest crowd of the Premier League era as Hull City crashed to another defeat, this time 2-0 against Stoke City. Mike Phelan's men have dropped into the bottom three following a
It sounds like the plot of the next Indiana Jones movie: an intrepid hunt for an ancient treasure, taking in Nazi battleships, the Titanic, clues from the Bible and the wrath of God. People have been searching for Noah's Ark for more than 2,000 years, ev
Every day, people Google all sorts of questions about Hull, from “when was it founded?" to “why does it have cream telephone boxes?" Here, Hannah Robinson looks at 15 of the most popular queries about our city recently typed into search...
A specially trained sniffer dog has discovered a secret stash of illegal cigarettes hidden in a Hessle Road convenience store. Thanks to springer spaniel Scamp, £2,150 worth of smuggled cigarettes were recovered from the Marmary Food shop. The tobacco ha
- 21:23 Leicester 27-17 Racing 92: Freddie Burns inspires the Tigers to...
- 21:23 Andy Murray misses out on £204,000 jackpot as Dominic Thiem wins...
- 21:22 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:22 What did Jose Mourinho say to Antonio Conte? Man United boss...
- 21:22 Everyone should read this woman’s devastating post about...
- 21:22 Chester MP: 'I have not always had full confidence in Jeremy Corbyn'
- 21:21 Ten places to go for a Christmas party in Derby
- 21:19 Staffordshire Police first force in UK to be awarded accolade for...
- 21:15 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:15 Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies aged 93 after short illness
- 21:14 Tragedy as little girl who lived life with a smile dies just three...
- 21:07 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:03 Police arrest 18 Old Firm fans after Hampden derby clash
- 21:03 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:02 Is Pochettino regretting letting him go? Spurs loanee scores a belter
- 21:01 Mum of teenager viciously attacked in city centre launches appeal...
- 21:00 Saudi King, Venezuelan president discuss oil market stability
- 21:00 Greek PPC confirms two bids for stake in power grid operator ADMIE
- 21:00 Rockwell Collins buys B/E Aerospace for $62 per share
- 20:58 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 20:57 Dai Young praises Wasps hero Jimmy Gopperth after Toulouse late show
- 20:56 Mobile phone policy crackdown at Derby school after cyberbullying...
- 20:53 Desperate woman to auction off VIRGINITY for £325k after family...
- 20:52 Northolt armed stand-off ends as police enter house
- 20:52 Toulouse 20-20 Wasps: Nathan Hughes scores last-gasp try to rescue...
- 20:47 Battle for Mosul: 'Mad Max' suicide squads are blown to oblivion on...
- 20:43 Manchester City fan claims he never wanted Pep Guardiola following...
- 20:42 Georgie the cat escaped death by millimetres after she was shot...
- 20:35 Tributes to popular Aberystwyth father-of-three who died in Spain
- 20:35 Indonesian lorises 'saved from sale on Facebook'