News from Hucknall Dispatch
Food scientists are warning ‘burnt toast’ could cause cancer. According to experts, chemical Acrylamide is produced when foods such as bread, chips, and potatoes are overcooked. Despite the concerns Cancer ResearcH UK says the link to humans was not prov
Retailer B&M has recalled a range of biscuits owing to ingredients which could cause a health risk not being correctly labelled. The range of Mini Cream Cookies contain wheat, milk, soya and sulphites, which are not correctly declared on the...
Gritting teams in Nottinghamshire are set to be out again this evening with road temperatures forecast to be below freezing overnight. Main routes and severe weather routes are set to be salted this evening with the anticipated fall in overnight road tem
School pupils across Nottinghamshire are being warned of a sick new challenge which causes horrific burns and permanent scars. The craze, which swept the US before becoming popular in the UK, sees kids put ice onto a layer of salt on their skin, sparking
People in a Nottinghamshire district are the happiest in England. Residents living in Newark and Sherwood rated their happiness as 8.11 out of 10 in a government survey.
Motorists are being warned to expect long delays on the M1 until this afternoon. An accident has occurred on the M1 northbound between junctions 28 and 29 at Tibshelf Services. Lanes are currently closed and normal traffic conditions are not expected to
Donny Osmond has sold more than 100 million records, received 33 gold records, had three UK No 1s, nine UK top tens and spent a staggering 333 weeks in the UK charts. He is celebrating 50 years in showbiz with a tour which visits Nottingham Capital FM Ar
Britain’s 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important? Here are the 12 objectives for Britain’s Brexit negotiations, as set out in Theresa May’s speech at Lancaster House. But which ones are the most important? https://www.playbuzz.com/markthomps
A Sutton teenager who was reported missing on Monday has been found safe and well. Police have thanked everyone who helped look for Molly Davidson, 19 who was found on Saturday. Speaking on Facebook her mum Julie Davidson wrote: “We’ve just turned round
A 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off property values in the East Midlands according to a new report. While the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has forecast that house prices in the UK will rise by around 3 per cent this y
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a Nottinghamshire factory. Crews from Worksop and Retford were called to the fire at the premises on Crookford Hill Eckersley at 3.44pm on Saturday. Severe damage was caused to a wood crushing engine and trailer. Two hose
Today any early mist will soon clear, leaving a day of variable cloud and brighter spells. Perhaps the odd wintry shower possible across the Peak District. Most places should remain dry, with light winds. However it will also remain cold. Maximum Tempera
Nobody thinks cancer will happen to their child. Until it does. When cancer strikes it affects more than just a young person’s health. A cancer diagnosis shatters families emotionally and physically, separating them for treatment at specialist hospitals
A Mansfield slaughterhouse which was recently at the centre of protests by vegan demonstrators is to close. The Dunbai plant at Baulker Lane Clipstone released the following statement: “It is with regret that Dunbia can confirm the closure of our Mansfie
Should children be allowed to use mobile phones in school? Pupils using mobile phones in school has become a hot topic - some say using mobile phones can benefit students while others say banning them in schools is a good idea. One recent academic study
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...
- 16:46 Stop talking rubbish, this tree is not an ISIS terror threat says...
- 16:45 Resident Evil 7 biohazard review – survival horror reborn
- 16:45 Actor Gorden Kaye, known as ‘Allo ‘Allo’s Rene Artois, dies at the...
- 16:45 Man tries to trip up teenager before victim has bike stolen in Corby
- 16:45 Lightsaber martial arts is a thing, and we tried it
- 16:45 Compensation available to people affected by loss of gas supply in...
- 16:45 Eurovision 2017: Which former X Factor contestant will represent...
- 16:44 What's your chance of developing lung cancer? Map reveals those...
- 16:44 Why a glucose drip could be the key to speeding up birth for women...
- 16:44 QUIZ: Can you be perfectly Frank when it comes to Sheffield-bound...
- 16:44 Mecca looking to reward couples who fell in love at the bingo
- 16:43 Expected Liverpool XI: Star man to return to Jurgen Klopp's 4-3-3...
- 16:43 Why you shouldn't worry about eating burnt toast and roast potatoes
- 16:43 POLL RESULT: How you voted on Theresa May and the single market
- 16:43 Lincolnshire County Council leader calls for poll on unitary authority
- 16:43 Drivers feel the pinch as the price of diesel hits a two-year high...
- 16:43 Thieves steal cash in series of raids on Grantham businesses
- 16:42 Thousands caught using phones at the wheel in West Yorkshire
- 16:42 A Tyneside day trip over 100 years ago: Where is this location and...
- 16:42 Burnt toast is apparently bad for us - but which other foods have...
- 16:42 Wolves transfer news: Norwich City talent Josh Murphy on Paul...
- 16:41 Insight in to college life in Barnsley
- 16:41 BREAKING: Pensioner suffers serious head injuries in incident at...
- 16:41 QUIZ: Can you be perfectly Frank when it comes to Sheffield-bound...
- 16:41 Beautiful Waxwings take flight for Burnley berries
- 16:40 Smoking car alert after crash
- 16:40 'Operation Pandora' recovers thousands of artefacts