News from Horncastle News
The leader of Lincolnshire County Council has said the authority has concerns over some of the plans revealed in plans for the county’s health services revealed today (Tuesday). Coun Martin Hill said there were significant issues with the delivery of ser
A manager from a care home in Hadleigh is today urging older people living alone in the community to take extra care in the cold weather. With temperatures expected to drop across the country, Irene Worsdell, from Anchor’s Canterbury House care home in G
Lincolnshire Trading Standards is urging consumers to seek redress from retailers that sell faulty electrical goods this Christmas after a survey found two-thirds of shoppers have bought problem goods in the last two years. The Citizens Advice research r
Health bosses have released plans which could radically change the face of services across the county and save £130 million by 2021. The proposals – which have been a number of years in the making – includes the option to carry out all complicated births
The Woodhall Spa group of St Barnabas supporters held a very successful Sunday lunch at the Dower House, when £1,471 was raised. The speaker at the lunch was Gary brown MBE, who gave an interesting and informative talk entitled How to change your life in
CLA (Country Land and Business Association) East is calling on the Government to listen to the opinions of rural communities and act upon them when deciding the future of Post Office branches across the countryside. The Department of Business, Energy and
Disabled patients, their carers and family members are invited to a ‘disability listening event’ in Woodhall Spa. The event, organised by Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group, will be held on Thursday, December 8 at the Dower House Hotel. The a
Woodhall Spa Manor, in only its second full year of operation, has beaten off stiff competition from many long-established venues to win a top pan-European award from the Luxury Travel Guide. In recognition of the Manor’s all-round excellence, Woodhall S
Coningsby’s Barnes Wallis Academy has won an International School Award in recognition of the cultural activities students and staff get involved in throughout the year. From exchanging recipes with schools in Europe, to hosting an African day focussing
Horncastle-based charity Home-Start Lincolnshire is celebrating after beating off tough competition to be named as a runner up at the Guardian’s National Public Service Awards. Home-Start chief executive Tracey Ruddock, along with and members of the mana
A woman has suffered serious injuries after a collision near Coningsby on Monday afternoon. Emergency services were called to the B1192 Leagate Road, between Coningsby and Moor Side, at 4.30pm when a collision between a Skoda Fabia and a BMW 320 was repo
Potential plans for health services across the county, including Accident and Emergency in Grantham being downgraded to an urgent care centre and the centralisation of some maternity services from Boston to Lincoln, have been ‘leaked’ today (Monday). The
So, where would you choose to rent a holiday home over the Christmas break? How about a romantic cottage in the Lake District or the Cotswolds....or a plush city centre pad in London? Well, according to one leading travel website, Tattershall is proving
A teenager who stabbed a Louth man in the head with a kitchen knife was today (Monday) sentenced to four years youth detention. The youth, who can not be named, was just 16 when he carried out the unprovoked attack on Harry Andrews, 19, at a house in Bra
Police are searching for missing Louth man Ashley Walden (28) who may be in the Grimsby or Mablethorpe area. This morning (Monday), police confirmed that Ashley has been missing since last Wednesday (November 30) and was last seen in Louth. If you have s
- 17:53 Profile: Len McCluskey, Unite leader
- 17:53 From-the-ashes Chorley pub gets a fine new look
- 17:52 Brett Johns is a loyal Welshman aiming to dominate the UFC as he...
- 17:50 Oil firms and carmakers diverge in costly debate
- 17:50 Allan Nyom apologises to Watford fans after celebrating West...
- 17:48 Warning to criminals in Skegness as Shop Watch is relaunched
- 17:47 New multi-vehicle crash closes A180
- 17:47 The Four Vs - Lord Willy Bach sets out his policing priorities for...
- 17:46 Popular football coach and tree surgeon hanged himself
- 17:45 Norway's Schibsted to hire more staff to stave off Facebook in...
- 17:45 Marathon challenge
- 17:44 Man, 72, admits kidnap and sexual assault of young Barton girl back...
- 17:43 Can an implant that swells like cooked spaghetti really ease your...
- 17:43 Looking to improve your diet? Revealed, the 3 simple swaps to boost...
- 17:43 Pictured: The moment a massive huntsman spider eats a LIZARD...
- 17:43 Tim Cook hits out at reports Apple Watch sales are down 71% by...
- 17:43 To infinity and beyond! NASA unveils 'Buzz Lightyear' Mars...
- 17:43 The countdown begins! Google launches its annual Santa Tracker with...
- 17:43 Who are the 'love lock' couple in Tamworth
- 17:43 Oculus Touch hand controllers are FINALLY on sale: Gadget aims to...
- 17:42 PM 'will publish plan for Brexit before Article 50'
- 17:42 Almost 700 homes without power in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle
- 17:40 Woman who tried to sue doctor over droopy breasts loses £50,000 battle
- 17:40 CCTV: Police want to speak to these people about handbag theft in...
- 17:39 Exhibition captures the changing face of the River Clyde
- 17:37 EXCLUSIVE: Yoel Romero is the favourite to beat Michael Bisping -...
- 17:37 Arsene Wenger told Arsenal need to do this to convince Alexis...
- 17:35 Guns fall silent in battle for city’s historic barracks
- 17:35 Festive hospital walk smashes its fund-raising target
- 17:34 Samsung triumphs over Apple in US Supreme Court patent row