News from Horncastle News
Outstanding care workers, teams and organisations were celebrated in an awards ceremony organised by Lincolnshire Care Association (LinCA) last week. The awards ceremony took place on February 23 at the Lincoln Hotel, where awards were presented in nine
The Bank of England has issued a warning over potentially fake £5 notes being put into circulation. Here’s how to tell if yours is the real deal. 1. Check the see-through window There is a large see-through window on the note. A clearly defined portrait
Police have launched an urgent appeal to trace the whereabouts of a young woman who is missing from her Skegness home. Chelsea Adams, aged 21, has gone missing today, Monday February 27. It is unknown what clothing she is wearing but anyone who sees her
Leader of East Lindsey District Council, Councillor Craig Leyland, has said that his council will actively engage in discussions around the future of local government arrangements for our area. In a statement today, Coun Leyland said: “I am pleased that
Nokia has relaunched its classic 3310 mobile phone as the tech firm revealed a new line-up in an attempted revamp of the company. An updated version of the 3310 - first launched in 2000 - complete with the classic mobile game Snake and a month-long stand
B&Q has issued a safety warning following concerns being raised over a range of light fittings. The DIY giant have found that the lamp shade rings on some models of the ranges of lights may fracture, which can cause the shade to fall from the...
At a time when the NHS is under extreme pressure and also having to cope with a shortage of nurses, it’s incredibly exciting that Lincolnshire was successful in a bid to pilot the training of care staff in the new nursing associate role. We have welcomed
Sometime in the last week, possibly Wednesday (February 22), a White Swift challenger 480,2011 model touring caravan, with a burgundy and black stripe that curves up and over the window, was stolen from the yard at the rear of the White Swan Farm Newark
Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group is urging people in East Lincolnshire to tell their doctor if they have had tummy troubles for three weeks or more, as this could be a sign of cancer. A new Public Health England Be Clear on Cancer campaign,
“The man. The myth. The legend. John Wick. You’re not very good at retiring.” Jaded ‘best in the business’ hitman John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is back, still angry, still looking to retire but this time he’s brought back into the violent world of assassinati
A Metheringham octogenarian has raised more than half a grand for Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance. Rather than birthday presents for her 80th birthday, Ros Bell, pictured centre, asked her friends and family for donations to the Lincolnshi
Men who drink more than a pint of beer a day over several years may increase their risk of heart disease by prematurely ageing their arteries, new research suggests. The study shows that drinking too much alcohol can affect the elasticity of the arterial
People who work in the visitor economy in Greater Lincolnshire who want to help boost its value in the area are being encouraged to apply to be a member of a new board. The Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is setting up a visitor e
R J Hirst of Woodhall Spa are celebrating after becoming 2016 Countryside Alliance highly commended finalists for Best Butchers in the East of England. The honour is especially great as the Russell and Sadie Hirst of R J Hirst High Class Family Butchers
Lincolnshire county coucillors today (Friday) agreed to a council tax increase of £44.59 per year for owners of a band D proprerty. The agreement was reached at a meeting at County Hall earlier today as councillors voted for an increase of 1.95 per cent
- 05:38 'The president always gets something': Spicer suggests Trump gained...
- 05:37 Fire crews attacked dozens of times in Staffordshire and Derbyshire
- 05:36 Driver 'couldn't find space in HALF EMPTY free car park'
- 05:33 Motorists face £200 fines and SIX penalty points for using phones...
- 05:33 FarGo Village café owners boycotted by residents confusing them...
- 05:33 Chelsea star: Why I can’t wait to go to West Ham’s London Stadium
- 05:33 Carragher: Why Ibrahimovic deserves Player of the Year award ahead...
- 05:31 Gary Neville reveals the world superstar he wants to see sign for...
- 05:29 Judge to deliver conclusions at inquest into deaths of Tunisia...
- 05:28 Nordic-Baltic 5G telecoms cooperation to be unveiled Tuesday: Norway
- 05:27 Pancake Day 2017: Nation's favourite Shrove Tuesday filling revealed
- 05:26 England Rugby legend Martin Johnson to visit Lincolnshire
- 05:26 Thai palace fires "extremely evil" official
- 05:23 Starbucks bets on super premium 'Roastery' to lead Italy debut
- 05:22 Earn £8 an hour making coffee and 6 other new and varied jobs...
- 05:22 What do Parliament committee clerks do?
- 05:22 Australia Post CEO says he feels sorry for Pauline Hanson over pay...
- 05:21 Man arrested in NSW town of Young over alleged missile advice to Isis
- 05:21 Jose Mourinho has made this change from Louis van Gaal's time at...
- 05:21 Champions League winner opens up on big Liverpool decision
- 05:20 Kings of England: Which clubs have won the most domestic major...
- 05:20 Man City news and transfers LIVE Pep Guardiola press conference...
- 05:20 Manchester United news and transfer rumours Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 05:19 Seven jobs in Liverpool you can apply for now
- 05:19 Dovecot thug attacked West Ham fan with a brick
- 05:19 Mark Hillman murder: Hunt continues for mystery fourth suspect
- 05:14 Driver in dock accused of causing 'life-changing spinal injuries'...
- 05:14 Theresa May faces opposition over plan to change disability benefit...
- 05:14 Vulnerable young people put at risk by council decision, charity...
- 05:12 China says it has received its largest foreign drone order - Xinhua