News from Hebden Bridge Times
By Jack Dinsley, 17 senior correspondent for Junior Gazette Samantha Kilsby is a Year 13 student who currently attends Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre. When I last interviewed the student, she was progressing with her photography work but now
First Marmite, then Jamie’s Italian and now Apple users are set to feel the financial consequence of Brexit as apps are set to rise by 25 per cent. The upcoming changes to the App Store will see the prices of apps and in-app purchases rise as a result of
Thousands of UK holidaymakers are set to be flown home from The Gambia due to growing political unrest. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is warning against “all non-essential travel” to the west African nation due to potential military intervention fo
Tourism in Calderdale has been given a huge boost thanks to a £150,000 investment from Arts Council England. The money has been given to the newly-established Halifax Culture Hub. Building on the existing work of the Calderdale Cultural Destinations proj
Disabled travellers have won a partial victory at the Supreme Court in their battle for priority use of wheelchair spaces on buses. The case was triggered when wheelchair user Doug Paulley attempted to board a bus operated by FirstGroup which had a sign
A raft of proposals, including an increase in council tax, have been revealed to fight the “exceptional” budget challenges facing Calderdale Council. The draft proposals, which were presented at a Cabinet meeting at Halifax Town Hall last night, cover th
On Thursday January 12, Todmorden High School will be holding their annual presentation evening to celebrate the success of their outstanding students who completed their GCSE/ A Levels in Summer 2016. Staff and students are eagerly anticipating this eve
A star created 1,800 years ago after the collision of two distant suns is set to appear in the night sky for the first time – as the light from the crash finally reaches the Earth. Scientists predict that for six months in 2022, stargazers will be able t
A popular Disney toy set has been recalled by its manufacturer over safety concerns. The Bolt and Mitten soft toy set has been found to contain chemical substances which exceed regulatory limits. It is the black plastic nose on the Bolt (dog) soft toy wh
New research places Britain among the top five countries worldwide for Foetal Alcohol Syndrome - a condition caused by mothers drinking during pregnancy. The findings should cause concern, as the researchers have warned of the huge impact alcohol can hav
A prolonged spell of wet and cold weather would likely see potholes develop at an unprecedented rate, pushing already stretched local authority road repair budgets to the limit, a motoring organisation has warned. There has already been a “particularly w
More than half of Yorkshire motorists still prefer to feed the meter when it comes to paying for parking. A survey by the British Parking Association (BPA) revealed that 55 per cent of people in the region favour cash rather than credit cards or apps to
Brave swimmers plunged into the icy depths of Lee Dam yesterday (Sunday) to take part in the annual New Year Swim. Onlookers stood in amazement as the hardy entrants ran into the dam, at Lumbutts, Todmorden, to make a desperate dash for trophies. The ann
Churches Together in Hebden Royd have organised a week of prayer for Christian Unity in churches across the Calder Valley. It is a chance for the community to gather together in different churches. The sessions are January 16 at St. Michael’s Church in M
Small is beautiful when it comes to music concerts at the Grayston Unity pub - as emerging singer-songwriter Oliver Pinder will soon find out. Oliver who comes from Queensbury and is tipped for a big future plays the Halifax town centre venue - with a co
- 00:28 Plymouth manager Derek Adams speaks out after FA Cup defeat to...
- 00:27 Sutton continue a tremendous FA Cup tradition to set up...
- 00:27 British sprinters James Ellington and Nigel Levine "lucky to be...
- 00:27 Dan Evans achieved the greatest win of his career... but wasn't...
- 00:27 The giant 300lb Caspian tiger could soon roam Central Asia once...
- 00:27 Baboons and rhesus monkeys are as good at maths as CHILDREN, study...
- 00:26 Ambulance safety improvements needed, say inspectors
- 00:26 Manchester United lead Barcelona and Real Madrid at the top of...
- 00:26 Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa wanted by Alaves but Spanish club...
- 00:26 Cheshire Police identify three possible suspects and 83 victims in...
- 00:20 Threat in UK greater than six years ago, says terror law watchdog...
- 00:17 PM refuses to rule out blocking Scots MPs voting on Brexit law
- 00:17 Cobra fang club: The rising popularity of Kenyan snake farms
- 00:16 Remarkable dog awarded animal OBE for being owner’s ‘lifeline’
- 00:16 Wetherspoons diner found ‘worm’ inside her half-eaten chicken wings
- 00:16 What does the future hold for people growing old with HIV?
- 00:16 Cambuslang man rubs shoulders with golfing greats at first European...
- 00:15 Reina attack highlights widening chasm in Turkish lifestyles
- 00:13 Kuenssberg scorned for Corbyn misquote
- 00:13 Netflix adds record breaking 7 million new subscribers as profits...
- 00:13 Iraq: ‘Victory’ over Isis in eastern Mosul
- 00:13 China reveals 'Sharp Sword' stealth drone that can carry two TONNES...
- 00:13 Syria: Government troops battle to cling on to cut-off Deir Ezzor
- 00:13 iPhone 8 will recognize its owner's face: Handset will have special...
- 00:13 Israel: ‘Cold-blooded’ killing at homes’ demolition protest
- 00:13 Rail nincompoops handed tram keys
- 00:13 NHS cuts scheme takes another hit
- 00:13 Puerto Ricans celebrate for Oscar Lopez
- 00:13 ‘Spotters’ in new role at Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and...
- 00:13 Npower bottom of energy customer satisfaction survey