News from Hebden Bridge Times
Jose Mourinho admits he will not be considered the 'special one' if he fails to win any trophies with Manchester United. The Portuguese, who signed a contract tying him to United until 2020 in May after replacing Louis van Gaal, proclaimed himself the 's
England require just five wickets to claim victory in the first Test but Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim and Sabbir Rahman are leading the home side's pursuit of a famous win in Chittagong. On a pulsating day four, the tourists were rattled when Bangl
England leg-spinner Adil Rashid struck shortly before the lunch interval to peg back Bangladesh after they had made a free-flowing start to their pursuit of 286 for what would be their greatest Test victory. On a gripping fourth morning i n Chittagong ,
Richard Gasquet rallied from a set and a break down to win 3-6 7-5 6-2 and reach the final of the European Open in Antwerp at the expense of Britain's Kyle Edmund. Edmund was within touching distance of the final, leading 4-2 in the second set, but the e
Ben Stokes came through what he believes were the toughest conditions he has faced at international level with flying colours as he significantly enhanced England's prospects of victory in the first Test against Bangladesh. The tourists were floundering
Maro Itoje is a doubt for England's autumn series after sustaining an injury to his right hand in Saracens' 44-26 Champions Cup victory over the Scarlets at Allianz Park. Itoje was replaced in the 46th minute after his arm was trapped awkwardly while mak
Ryan Hall extended his record-breaking try haul for his country to help Wayne Bennett make a winning start as England head coach. The blockbusting Leeds winger touched down twice before half-time at Parc des Sports in Avignon to take his tally to 28 trie
Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mane fired Liverpool to victory over West Brom but a late defensive lapse cost them the chance to go top of the Premier League. Having dominated proceedings from the first whistle at Anfield the Reds were unfortunate not to be
Ben Stokes' all-round tour de force almost single-handedly pulled England out of the mire on day three of the first Test against Bangladesh. Stokes defied the searing heat and unfavourable pitch with a magnificent spell, spread across two days, that yiel
Munster's director of rugby Rassie Erasmus said his over-riding emotion was one of relief after the players produced a stirring display to thump Glasgow Warriors 38-17, just a day after the province's former captain Anthony Foley was laid to rest. The ho
Tottenham missed the chance to go top of the Premier League table as Mauricio Pochettino's men were left hanging on for a goalless draw at Bournemouth. Spurs could have climbed above Manchester City and Arsenal with a victory in the weekend's early kick-
A minute's silence for Anthony Foley was impeccably observed at a sold-out Thomond Park on Saturday ahead of Munster's European Champions Cup match against Glasgow. Munster head coach Foley died in Paris last weekend, hours before the Irish province's sc
Championship rivals Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg traded blows at the top of the order in practice for Sunday's United States Grand Prix. Hamilton, who is 33 points adrift of his Mercedes team-mate Rosberg in the battle for the title with only four rou
October, we are told, is all about pies at Shibden Mill Inn. And head chef Darren Parkinson has been kind enough to give us the inside track on one of his restaurant favourites - Salt Beef Pie. The trick seems to be salting the diced brisket overnight wi
Antonio Conte believes the visit of Jose Mourinho's Manchester United is a timely one for Chelsea. After chastening defeats to Arsenal and Liverpool last month, Conte feels his Blues are ready following wins over Hull and Premier League champions Leicest
- 10:40 Missing mother could be potential murder witness
- 10:39 Hull City woeful in defeat to Stoke City - the player ratings
- 10:39 Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey -...
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...
- 10:18 Ukip leadership: Shrewsbury's Suzanne Evans announces bid to...
- 10:18 Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- 10:17 US election: Clinton says she will focus on issues, not Trump
- 10:17 Watch historical Sneinton change through the ages
- 10:17 23 more people who have been dodging tram fares