News from Hartlepool Mail
Which festive film tops the chart for you? We received hundreds of suggestions for the best Christmas movie - but now we need to pick the number one. With your help, we've whittled our bumper list down into a shortlist of 10. So now all you have to do is
You came in your hundreds to help us draw up a shortlist of Christmas songs - but there can only be one winner. So now that we've got our top 10, featuring the festive best of the bunch, we need you to vote for your favourite. So are you picking The Pogu
Discipline. This is something that courses through the veins of any successful football club. From the boardroom at the top, to the manager’s office, through the dressing room, all the way down to the tea lady and the mascots. Do your job. Do it to the b
Rumour round-up: Spurs in for Sunderland star, Newcastle coach set to depart, West Ham talks with Slavan Bilic
Which Sunderland star is interesting Spurs? Are Newcastle United set to lose Scottish coach Ian Cathro? And could Slaven Bilic be on his way out of West Ham? Here's your daily dose of all the rumours, news and views from the football world. Sunderland go
Jordan Ellison will not be down and out for long after his valiant attempt at the Northern Area Championship ended in defeat. That was the message from coach Peter Cope after the Hartlepool boxer was knocked out in brutal fashion by ruthless Lewis Ritson
Hartlepool United’s players need to get nasty, according to frustrated boss Craig Hignett. And if they aren’t able to do that, the manager says he will have to go out and find players who can. Pools surrendered their spot in the third round of the FA Cup
A charity has vowed to keep up the fight to help people in Hartlepool who live with diabetes. The Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation spoke out after holding a day of speeches at the National Museum of the Royal Navy – Hartlepool’s Maritime...
Hartlepool United boss Craig Hignett has lifted the lid on the incident which saw him sent to the stands for the second time this campaign. And he has called the decision to punish a tackle on Pools’ Michael Woods as baffling. The manager was given his m
Spineless, like men against boys, embarrassing - just some of the descriptions of Hartlepool United’s performance at Port Vale in the FA Cup. And that’s not even getting on to what the fans have said, just the words of Pools manager Craig Hignett. It’s f
North East UKIP Euro MP Jonathan Arnott has been handed a key party role. The Hartlepool-based MEP has been appointed as UKIP’s front bench spokesman on Constitutional Affairs. "UKIP has achieved our goal of winning the Brexit referendum and...
Workers appear to be optimistic about their career prospects following the initial shock of the EU referendum result, a study shows. A survey of 1,000 employees found that four in five believe their salary could increase because of Brexit. Those in the N
Drivers have been urged to take extra care this morning, with overnight frosts bringing ice to the region's roads. Temperatures are still below freezing away from the coast and ice and fog patches are likely to be slow to clear. Durham's Road Policing Un
Battling youngster Bradley Lowery took the time to wish everyone in the region a Merry Christmas as switched on Durham County Council’s festive lights. The 5-year-old, who is battling cancer neuroblastoma for a second time, was dealt another health blow
League One Port Vale looked a class above Hartlepool United in the FA Cup second round. But how did Pools' players rate in the 4-0 loss this afternoon? Here we take a look at those who came out of the clash with pass marks. Hartlepool United XI Trevor Ca
Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka believes bad luck has been responsible for his side’s sluggish start on their return to the Premier League - and warned his side to take nothing for granted against fellow strugglers Hull. Despite a recent improvement in
- 18:44 Zlatan Ibrahimovic escapes ban after FA say Manchester United...
- 18:44 Southampton youngster Sam McQueen signs new long-term contract...
- 18:42 Monday Night Football: FA Cup third-round draw and LIVE coverage of...
- 18:42 Snapped: Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey and co set off for Switzerland
- 18:41 Jesse Lingard and Phil Jones jet off to 'see our fans in Dublin'...
- 18:41 Mario Balotelli revealed to have had a '£1m behaviour bonus' at...
- 18:40 Chinatown fire: Deaths of rough sleepers treated as murder
- 18:38 Amazon unveils plans for grocery shop with no checkouts
- 18:38 Man taken to Royal Preston Hospital after pub assault
- 18:36 Schoolgirl made abuse allegations after Childline workshop - jury told
- 18:36 Roofer sprayed with CS gas after assaulting police officer
- 18:35 'High-speed' police chase after stolen car in Greenwood Avenue, Hull
- 18:35 UKIP's Nigel Farage greeted by large crowds in Sleaford
- 18:35 Arsenal team news: Full Gunners squad for Champions League trip to...
- 18:33 Police keen to trace this man in connection with train bag theft
- 18:33 The Crusader: Beware if you are buying your gadgets from Europe
- 18:33 Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New York - Gore
- 18:32 Eurogroup agrees on short-term debt relief for Greece - France's Sapin
- 18:31 See Guy Martin attempt new record for fastest crossing of China's...
- 18:30 Liverpool old boy grades every Prem team from the weekend - how did...
- 18:27 West Ham United plot huge bid for ex-Tamworth striker
- 18:24 Gegard Mousasi Exclusive: Dutchman reveals who he'd like to fight next
- 18:23 Belvoir Hunt: Police launch investigation after three foxes killed...
- 18:21 How smoking destroys your pet's health: Cats, dogs and even FISH...
- 18:21 Amazon unveils grocery store with NO CHECKOUT: App equipped with...
- 18:21 Child sex claims against youth coach Hugh Stevenson
- 18:16 Is this the best festive creation in Yorkshire?
- 18:16 Nigel Farage hails 2016 as the year 'little people...
- 18:16 Crash causes long tailbacks on M54 in Telford
- 18:13 Police arrest six people in ONE day suspected of trying to reach UK...