News from Hartlepool Mail
A CCTV image was today issued of a woman police want to trace after an incident at the Morrisons store in Hartlepool. It happened at the supermarket giant's store in Clarence Road, Hartlepool. Officers believe the woman may be able to assist with their i
Witnesses to a collision between a pedestrian and a car are being urged to come forward. Police are appealing for information about the incident which involved a 65-year-old man and a black Nissan Juke in the car park of Sainsburys at Middle Warren Local
Man pleads not guilty to murdering Stanley Burgon, who died after suffering head injuries in Hartlepool street
A 43-year-old man pleaded not guilty to murdering a man who was found with head injuries. Leslie Dowson is accused of murdering Stanley Burgon on November 21, last year. Police were called to Rydal Street in Hartlepool following reports of a disturbance.
2015 Great Escape hero 'forever grateful' to Hartlepool United - and backs Pools to get out of trouble
Jordan Hugill was one of the stars of Hartlepool United's 2015 Great Escape. And the 24-year-old striker has thanked the club for giving him a platform to shine during his loan spell from Preston North End with the striker scoring the winning goal in a 2
Labour has named its candidate to be the new MP for Hartlepool. The party has announced today that Mike Hill will stand in June's General Election. The position of prosepctive candiagte has been vacant since sitting MP Iain Wright announced he would not
Highly-rated Craig Harrison has ambitions to manage at a higher level and says he is flattered to be linked with the Hartlepool United manager’s job. In the wake of Dave Jones’ sacking after Pools dropped into the League Two relegation places, SportMail
Ben Houchen is hoping to score with voters, thanks to a sporting family connection. Ben, the Conservative Candidate to be Tees Valley Mayor has received family backing from his uncle – Pools and FA Cup-winning football legend Keith Houchen. Keith started
Former Sunderland and Middlesbrough midfielder Julio Arca fears the worst for both his old clubs as they fight for their Premier League lives. The 36-year-old Argentinian, who represented the Black Cats and Boro with distinction before injury forced his
Matthew Bates will unshackle his players for the biggest game in Hartlepool United’s history by sending them out at Cheltenham with the order to attack. The 30-year-old, who heads the interim management team alongside Billy Paynter, Stuart Parnaby and Ia
Speeding drivers have been caught out after a week-long crackdown. Almost 80 drivers a day were caught after the Cleveland and Durham joint specialist operations unit (CDSOU) launched the operation last Monday. In a seven-day period, 557 drivers were fou
A high profile campaign aimed at irresponsible dog owners is to be launched by council chiefs. The initiative will seek to identify hot spot areas for the worst offenders and try to find ways to better clamp down on owners who do not clean up after their
Matthew Bates admits he has a dilemma whether he throws the goalkeeping gloves to Trevor Carson for tomorrow’s must-win game at Cheltenham. Carson was not expected to play for the rest of the season after having shoulder surgery at the turn of the year.
More than 10 million leisure journeys are expected on Britain's roads between Friday and Monday as motorists embark on a getaway for the May Day bank holiday. The RAC warned drivers to expect delays on Friday as commuter traffic will share space with rec
Hartlepool hospice patients have been handed a boost by workers from two firms. Employees at The Expanded Metal Company and Birtley Group Limited have donated £20,000 from their benevolent fund to Alice House Hospice. Alice House is the only adult hospic
People have just a week left to spend or bank the 155 million paper Bank of England fivers still in circulation before they lose their legal tender status. Friday May 5 marks the last day that the banknote featuring prison reformer Elizabeth Fry will be
- 19:09 Make sure you don’t fall victim to these fake CPS emails
- 19:09 Chart toppers have a hoot on night out in Nottingham
- 19:09 School cook of 35 years retires from Notts school on her 65th birthday
- 19:08 Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder clash in heated exchange at Anthony...
- 19:06 Can Bulgaria beat Italy to win the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest...
- 19:05 Michael Carrick's Manchester United future is key for Jose Mourinho
- 19:05 Whitley Bay boyfriend jailed for more than seven years for killing...
- 19:02 Sweden Eurovision 2017: Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- 19:01 Courts: Jail term for man who kicked and spat on police officers
- 19:01 Drug dealer jailed after blasting rival's home with sawn-off shogun
- 19:00 Steve Bruce gives his REAL opinion on Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
- 19:00 Talented youngster becomes the latest to leave Aston Villa
- 18:59 Cardiff vs Newcastle LIVE: Rafa Benitez's side must win to prevent...
- 18:59 Brits face fines of up to 3,000 euros for having sex in street and...
- 18:59 Ryanair passengers 'left in tears' after plane home 'takes off...
- 18:59 Quiet beaches and not a Westerner in sight: Fascinating photo...
- 18:59 Terrifying moment flames burst from a Delta plane as passenger...
- 18:59 The Great bank holiday getaway begins - traffic grinds to a halt as...
- 18:59 From Tolkien's favourite boozer to the inn where Guy Fawkes...
- 18:59 EU dismisses Russian 'bullying' allegation
- 18:57 Thomas Cook closures: Travel agent shuts down MORE branches...
- 18:56 North Korea 'on the brink of nuclear war' with 'blackmailing...
- 18:56 Man Utd injury crisis: I can play against Swansea, jokes Jose Mourinho
- 18:56 Dele Alli impact for Tottenham revealed with impressive stats ahead...
- 18:55 Conor McGregor posts Instagram snap in hospital with long-term...
- 18:53 New £60 million hospital for Nottinghamshire opens its doors
- 18:53 Line of Duty star Vicky McClure had dreams of being a ballerina -...
- 18:52 Why Theresa May wants you to believe she could lose this general...
- 18:51 Friendly fire inquiry after US soldiers die battling IS
- 18:50 Aigburth man wanted on drugs and guns charges arrested in Ireland