News from Hartlepool Mail
Health chiefs are calling for smoking to be completely banned in all NHS buildings and grounds. Public Health England is campaigning for a "tobacco-free NHS" with more support on quitting offered to patients, visitors and staff. Duncan...
Police are searching for a young boy who is missing from his home in Hartlepool. Cleveland Police say they are concerned for 12-year-old Jack Kearns who has been missing since 7pm last night. The youngster was last seen in Ashwood Close in the town. A sp
Hartlepool-based Harbour Support Services has been named as one of the best places to work in the UK this week by The Sunday Times. The domestic abuse charity has also been awarded a Michelin-style, one star accreditation from Best Companies. The accolad
Jordan Ellison has done it again The Hartlepool boxer has taken a FOURTH unbeaten scalp in the boxing ring after beating hard-hitting American Jacob Wooley at Hull tonight. Ellison outpointed the 25-year-old at the Ice Arena on the undercard of Gavin McD
Brave Bradley Lowery warmed up for his big day like all professional athletes do. As mascot for this afternoon's clash between his beloved Sunderland and Everton, cancer battler Bradley stepped out on to the pitch with dad Carl before his big moment with
Brave cancer battler Bradley Lowery was roared on to the pitch by both sets of fans before Sunderland's match at Everton today. Sunderland superfan Bradley, five, of Blackhall, near Hartlepool, has won the hearts of the nation in his fight against the di
Dave Jones made just one enforced change to Hartlepool United’s starting XI today. Sean Kavanagh (hamstring) was ruled out at left back for the tough League Two trip to Colchester United. But Pools were boosted to have his old Fulham comrade, Liam Donnel
A free workshop is being held to help people come up with new profitable business ideas. The three-hour event – which is being held at Hartlepool College of Further Education on Thursday, March 9 – will help participants generate ideas that are natural e
Bradley Lowery is on his way to Wembley to join the England team after the Football Association invited him to lead out the national side. The FA is in talks with the five-year-old’s family and making plans for him be mascot at the game against Lithuania
Hartlepool United boss Dave Jones has thanked the blue and white army for their backing and hopes for more people and noise when the side return home this week. Pools face Crewe Alexandra on Tuesday night in a fixture crucial to the club’s survival hopes
Almost four shoplifting crimes a day are reported to police in Hartlepool – making it the sixth-worst area in England and Wales, according to latest figures. A total of 1,337 crimes were logged by officers of thieves stealing from stores in the town betw
A devoted couple will mark five decades of marriage today by renewing their vows. Janet and Gordon Whitehead are to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary surrounded by their family at a ceremony at St Saviour Church just a short distance away from t
Bethan Kelly clinched two top-five finishes to help Durham to fifth place at the British Universities Canoe Slalom Championship. The Hartlepool kayak paddler was fifth in the Women’s K1 division at Tees Barrage International White Water course and finish
Cat Deeley says she is keen to "recreate the magic" of SM:TV Live after Ant and Dec revealed plans to reprise the morning TV show. The presenter said she had not been "cordially invited" to appear on the proposed one-off special...
The Teesside coroner is looking to locate relatives of a man who has died. Michael Holbeche of Stephen Street, in Hartlepool, passed away recently. He was 58-years-old. Relatives can contact Teesside Coroner’s Office on 01642 729350.
- 12:56 Manchester United vs Southampton LIVE score and goal updates from...
- 12:56 Arsenal and Man City target will cost £59m: Real Madrid and...
- 12:56 Video of Yakubu doing absolutely nothing for two-and-a-half minutes...
- 12:56 West Ham hopeful Andy Carroll will be fit for Chelsea clash in...
- 12:56 Jurgen Klopp hails Adam Lallana's growing influence after Liverpool...
- 12:55 Council wants partner to build new driving range in Bulwell
- 12:55 Villagers struggling to cope around railway station with no car park
- 12:55 Birmingham City: Paul Caddis has found himself a new club
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'