News from Hartlepool Mail
Hartlepool United have confirmed Dave Jones as their new manager. As revealed by the Mail earlier today Jones has penned a deal at the Northern Gas & Power Stadium this evening. But he will not take the team this weekend, when Stevenage are the...
Hartlepool United are set to appoint Dave Jones as their new manager. And an announcement is expected tonight, with the 60-year-old Scouser in line to replace recently departed Craig Hignett. Meetings have been taking place in the last few days to compil
A jury in the murder trial of Gareth Dack heard a man was seen carrying a television in the street similar to one stolen from Norma Bell. Carer Amanda Reeve contacted police after reading in the Hartlepool Mail that a boxed television had been taken from
Hartlepool United have become too reliant on Padraig Amond, according to midfielder Michael Woods. And unless players like himself, and the rest of the Pools midfield step up to the plate and chip in with a few goals, it is Woods’ view that Pools struggl
Football fans are hoping to give Bradley Lowery a huge boost when his team takes on West Brom at the weekend. The two clubs meet at The Hawthorns this weekend and West Brom fans are set to show their support for the youngster who has captured the heart o
A foster son of alleged murder victim Norma Bell has told a jury of the last time he saw his mother alive. John Ahmed said had he known it was the last time he would speak to Mrs Bell he would have told her much she had done for him and how much he appre
A Hartlepool man is waiting to see if he will face a murder charge over the death of an attack victim. Leslie Dowson, 43, appeared at Teesside Crown Court over a videolink from Holme House Prison, in Stockton. It comes after Stanley Burgon, 56, died foll
British men have fallen for fake tan in a big way - and TV reality shows like Geordie Shore are partly to blame. One in seven British men say they used fake tan in the last 12 months - rising to more than one in four among under 25s. And reality TV stars
People are being urged to vote on their favourite prosepective design for a piece of public art planned for Seaton Carew’s seafront. Nine submissions of maritime themed art have been shortlisted from local, regional and national artists and now Hartlepoo
Hartlepool students will meet some of the region’s biggest employers next week as part of an event hoping to inspire their future careers. The ‘Entering in to Industry’ event will take place at High Tunstall College of Science on Monday, January 23, when
Mobile phone firm EE has been fined £2.7million by Ofcom for overcharging tens of thousands of customers. The communications regulator found that the company twice broke a "fundamental billing rule", resulting in nearly 40,000 customers...
Paramedics in the North East are being forced to take set meal breaks in a trial aimed at saving the ambulance service hundreds of thousands of pounds. Previously North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) crews were paid £5 from if they missed or had late meal
Harry Potter fans - and lovers of unusual sports - can try their hand at broomstick-based action as the Quidditch Premier League seeks new players in the region. A muggle version of the sport which is played by Harry Potter and his schoolmates at the fic
Here are the 12 objectives for Britain's Brexit negotiations, as set out in Theresa May's speech at Lancaster House. But which ones are the most important?
Nearly 1,000 holidaymakers on Thomas Cook packages in Gambia are to be flown home amid growing concerns about political unrest in the west African nation. The holiday company said it had triggered contingency plans after the Foreign Office (FCO) urged Br
- 20:27 Part of Wilmore Road, Sinfin, shut due to this car fire
- 20:24 Clydesdale Bank to close a third of its branches, cut 400 jobs - union
- 20:24 Goldman could move up to 1,000 London staff to Frankfurt -...
- 20:24 Five injured Arsenal stars in training ahead of Burnley clash but...
- 20:21 Man United transfer deal update: This is when medical will take place
- 20:21 Meet Yasin Ben El-Mhanni: The Newcastle ace who is Neymar and...
- 20:19 Cabinet members opt against plans to rip up Nuns' corner roundabout
- 20:19 Council agree to press on with development of former Cleethorpes...
- 20:19 Humberston Fitties: Council approve offer from bidder over disposal...
- 20:19 Concerns raised over cost of designated travellers' site
- 20:19 Cabinet approves controversial plan for traffic lights at Tollbar...
- 20:19 Eric Bailly reveals Manchester United plan for long-term
- 20:19 U.S. to probe whether Fujifilm violating Sony magnetic tape patents
- 20:19 Chirnside woman to be given award for helping crash victim
- 20:17 Dave Jones named new Hartlepool United boss as chairman Gary Coxall...
- 20:16 Messi and Ronaldo to Arsenal? The 11 stars who almost signed for...
- 20:15 Funeral of RBL fundraiser Bernard Page to be held at Derby Cathedral
- 20:14 S&P, Nasdaq little changed; health stocks weigh on Dow
- 20:11 Club president confirms agreement with Manchester United for winger
- 20:09 Trump U.N. pick echoes his criticism but breaks from him on Russia
- 20:07 Temporary closure of Stratford Library
- 20:07 Simple cosmetic surgery goes horribly wrong leaving woman in hell...
- 20:06 Hartlepool United confirm Dave Jones appointment
- 20:01 'Respected' Elton man electrocuted by power cable missed warning sign
- 20:00 Mum who arranged Christmas dinner for lonely to carry on through...
- 20:00 Rangers winger Barrie McKay happy in Scotland as he admits he is...
- 20:00 Pep Guardiola takes his Manchester City stars to see La La Land for...
- 20:00 Rachael Heyhoe-Flint, former England women's cricket captain and...
- 20:00 Watch: Kings Bromley Show in 1988 featured James Bond's Aston Martin
- 20:00 Diego Maradona revels in Napoli return as club legend shares warm...