News from Hartlepool Mail
Sunderland have been strongly linked with two German managers, with a takeover of the club reportedly imminent. Former Germany, USA and Bayern Munich chief Jurgen Klinsmann has been tipped to land the Black Cats job should the German consortium intereste
A Hartlepool tower block does not have cladding the same as was on London’s Grenfell Tower that burns easily, investigations have found. Checks were carried out by local housing provider the Thirteen Group on all its high rise properties in the wake of t
Brave Bradley Lowery has launched a video appeal for people to buy a song in his honour - as it rides high in the iTunes charts. Smile for Bradley, performed by sisters Olivia Crawford and Georgia Fletcher - known as Liv'n'G - sits third in the iTunes ch
Fundraisers took part in a hair-raising spectacle to raise cash for a lifesaving charity drive. Members of the Defibs 4 Hartlepool fundraising group took part in a charity leg wax at the town’s Middleton Grange Shopping Centre to raise money for the caus
Craig Harrison plans to speak to the North East’s Big Three over the next 10 days as he looks to bring a couple of loan signings into his Hartlepool United squad. The Pools boss has already made six signings as he begins the task of constructing a squad
A missing Hartlepool boy has been found safe and well. Police appealed for information to trace 11-year-old Brandon Phillips yesterday. He had left an address in the town around lunchtime and had not been in touch with his family. Police have now confirm
Six people, including three chidren. have been taken to hospital after a car ran into pedestrians in a North East street. But police say they are treating the incident as a road accident and not a terrorist incident. Emergency services have been called t
Volunteer lifeboatmen have helped a stricken seaman from a tanker off the coast of Hartlepool. Hartlepool RNLI received a call from Humber Coastguard at 11.10am yesterday to a crude oil tanker which was anchored four miles off shore. A crew member had fa
A woman has died and a man is ill in hospital after an apparent drugs overdose. Northumbria Police are reminding members of the public about the dangers of taking suspected illegal drugs. A force statement said: "On Saturday June 24, officers...
A World Cup winning rugby player said he was impressed with the enthusiasm of Hartlepool players. Rugby World Cup winner and England legend Neil Back came to the town to pass on his skills as part of a national programme to promote the sport. Neil is par
The new MP for Hartlepool said the decision to go ahead with a huge rise for councillors was 'ill-timed and wrong'. At a meeting of Hartlepool Borough Council this week members voted in favour of the rise by a majority of 17 for to 11 against with three
Police are appealing for information to trace a young boy missing from Hartlepool. Cleveland Police say 11-year-old Brandon Phillips left an address in Hartlepool around lunchtime today and has not been in touch with his family. Anyone who has seen Brand
Shopping centre staff in Hartlepool have been praised for saving the life of a four-year-old boy who was choking. A quick-thinking 11-year-old ran to find the security staff when she realised the youngster was choking in Middleton Grange Shopping Centre.
Scores of people turned out to enjoy the sunshine at the historic Greatham Feast. The annual event returned this year with its large range of activities. Glorious warm weather on Saturday saw families enjoying the parade day with an afternoon of events o
It was the boys’ turn to shine at a Hartlepool bonny baby competition. Just one little girl took home a prize at the annual show, which is part of the Greatham Feast, the lads clinched the rest. The contest, which has ran for decades in the village, was
- 09:59 Teacher casually marks homework during Liam Gallagher’s...
- 09:58 Police rescue children trapped in old orphanage
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...
- 09:46 Man City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo handed boost after returning in...