News from Harrogate Advertiser
Harrogate cyclists have been warned to take greater protection of their bikes following a 98 per cent increase in cycle thefts this year. Figures presented by the Safer Harrogate District Community Safety Group showed that cycle theft had risen from 65 i
Ending Loneliness campaign update: "When things are quite fragmented in life, giving people a purpose and a...
The Harrogate Advertiser’s Ending Loneliness campaign has a very festive feel to it this week, as readers from across the district have answered our call to action to organise a ‘Mince Pies and Memories’ event to raise money for Dementia Forward and beat
A 30 year old drug addict who stole more than £1,400 worth of goods to fund his addiction was sentenced to prison at Harrogate Magistrates Court today (December 8). Craig Hughes, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to four counts of theft totalling £1,477
More than 100 gins, top craft distillers and a whole world of ginformation is coming Harrogate’s way this weekend when the Gin Festival comes to town. Visiting cities and towns across the UK, Gin Festival has previously brought tens of thousands of gin e
It’s ground breaking times for students and staff at St John Fisher’s Catholic High School in Harrogate as work has started on their £800,000 4G pitch . The fourth generation sports pitch has been a long time coming for the school but after contracts wen
Preparations for Christmas are already in full swing around Harrogate and the town's fantastic independents have been enjoying the busy festive period. Following on from the Advertiser’s successful ‘Love our Indies’ campaign, this Christmas we’re highlig
A Harrogate single mum inspired by Beatrix Potter is to have her debut children's book published in the USA - and she's hoping its new President doesn't take offence. With a title like Sir Trump-a-Lot, it's expected fledgling author J. Knight Conry will
North Yorkshire Police have said its new operation to tackle Harrogate’s street drinkers sends a clear message that their behaviour will not be tolerated. Police launched “Operation Yeehaw” in November to combat the re-emergence of the town’s street drin
Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week ending December 2. Harrogate Erection of first floor extension over existing garage and utility and alterations to fenestrations at 4 Hall Lane, Harrogate for J Tipling. Erection of two fr
Action Fraud have received thousands of reports about the emails, which have been sent by cyber criminals to victims . Action Fraud has issued a warning over fake emails purporting to be from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) which claim you were caught sp
Watch your back Justin Bieber - North Yorkshire Police is gunning for the Christmas number one slot! The force has released a music video called Help us help you, which pays homage to the festive favourite We wish you a Merry Christmas. The lyrics, sung
So now we know. The Harrogate District will be hosting much of stage two of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire on Saturday, April 29. The race will enter the district at Kirk Deighton before passing through North Deighton en route to Knaresborough. The riders wi
As the Harrogate Advertiser's Ending Loneliness campaign approaches Christmas, the Ripon and Rural Wellbeing and Voluntary Car Driving Services have contacted us to share that they are experiencing an unprecedented demand to support older people. The ser
HealthLevel Community Interest Company (CIC) is raising money for health-related good causes in North Yorkshire through The Health Lottery. which runs five weekly draws. HealthLevel CIC’s first Health Lottery draw was held in November 2011 and since then
A Boroughbridge man has been disqualified from driving after pleading guilty to causing a fatal crash on Station Parade last year. Peter Stockell, 82, of Kennilworth Drive, Langthorpe, pleaded guilty to causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving
- 03:37 David Cameron: West needs 'course correction' after Brexit vote and...
- 03:20 Conservatives win Sleaford by-election
- 03:05 Clinton calls 'fake news' a threat to U.S. democracy
- 03:04 Australia's richest woman Gina Rinehart to buy Kidman estate
- 02:48 Sydney doctor murdered wife with insulin shot
- 02:36 Burnley to welcome Syrian refugee families
- 02:31 Nikkei rises to highest in a year on Wall St strength, weaker yen
- 02:21 The £250,000 hangover: Trishna Thakrar’s ‘research’ sampling gin...
- 02:21 Stand by your man! Millie Mackintosh shows off her pins in a...
- 02:21 Kate Beckinsale takes centre stage in racy Gothic lace gown as she...
- 02:21 Saving the best fur last! Rita Ora rocks classically glamorous coat...
- 02:21 Sheer elegance! Suki Waterhouse steals the show in mesh top and...
- 02:13 Bolivian airline CEO to be jailed until soccer crash trial over
- 02:13 South Korea's President Park faces historic impeachment vote
- 02:10 Kirk Norcross 'splits from fiancée Holli Willis and sets his sights...
- 02:10 The ultimate Poshy parent? Victoria Beckham asked Nicole...
- 02:01 Nikkei hits 1-year high on Wall Street's record run, weaker yen
- 02:00 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...