News from Harrogate Advertiser
Nidderdale’s Chamber of Trade has called on Theresa May to protect local businesses by going back to the drawing board over impending changes to business rates. Businesses across the country are bracing for a rise in their annual bills with changes that
Three students in the same year at school are following their instincts as they embark on careers caring for animals. The girls, from Ripon Grammar School, have different reasons for choosing veterinary medicine and where and how to fulfill their ambitio
YORKSHIRE is in the eye of Storm Doris today, with warnings of travel disruption, damage to buildings and flying debris across the county. Severe weather warnings have been put in place for much of the country, with the North and Midlands urged to “be pr
Now in its 19th year, the Harewood Volunteer Programme continues to go from strength to strength. In 2016, over 18,000 hours were given by volunteers, supporting Harewood House Trust. With over 200 returning volunteers, the programme, and importantly the
After announcing that it will not be seeking amendments to the Harrogate Stray Act 1985 which restricts the use of the Stray, Harrogate Borough Council has now revealed the results of the public consultation on this hugely controversial issue. The public
It is lovely to see all the spring flowers popping up in the gardens and the parks around the town, writes Wetherby Town Council Mayor Coun Norma Harrington. Thanks to all who take a pride in their own gardens, and members of Wetherby in Bloom, Friends o
Stray FM presenters Beth Parsons and Christopher Dean have gone undercover in Harrogate to help prank celebrity chef Jamie Oliver for the return of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. Jumping at the chance to feature in the Geordie duo’s stunt and hid
One of Harrogate’s top independent craft beer bars is celebrating its first birthday this weekend. Since it first opened 12 months ago, the North Bar, which looks across to the back of Harrogate Theatre, has become a popular destintation for beer lovers,
The A1(M) is closed in both directions near Leeds after a vehicle caught fire. The incident happened between Wetherby and Boston Spa at around 3pm today. Delays are expected and a diversion is in place via the A168. Traffic is currently at a standstill.
POLICE in Skipton have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to in connection with a fraud investigation. A fraudulent cheque for £3,600 was cashed at Natwest Bank in Skipton on April 11 2016. The following day an attempt to cash another cheq
Campaigners fighting more regular use of 4x4 off-roading vehicles in a much-loved area of North Yorkshire woodland have welcomed the landowner’s decision to withdraw the plans. But their delight could be short-lived as the Swinton Estate said the move wa
With Yorkshire gearing up for Storm Doris tomorrow, we've rounded up the times when the gusts are expected to be strongest throughout the day. LEEDS - Between 2-3pm, winds will peak at 46mph YORK - From 2-4pm, winds will range from 41-47mph SCARBOROUGH A
Springtime Live returns to the Great Yorkshire Showground on Bank Holiday Monday May 1. Now in its fourth year, the event will run from 9am to 4.30pm and due to the growing popularity tickets will only be available in advance. Organised by the Yorkshire
A DOG left in an abandoned car near Otley has been given a new home – thanks to support from kind-hearted residents. A DOG left in an abandoned car near Otley has been given a new home – thanks to support from kind-hearted residents. Police were called t
Tadcaster Theatre Company’s production of Sleeping Beauty and the Broken Bridge has raised over £1,000 for the town’s flood relief funds. The panto was adapted and performed specially in a bid to boost the community and morale following the collapse of t
- 10:09 Motorcyclist dies after crash in Bottesford
- 10:09 Starbucks is bringing fancy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee to their UK stores
- 10:09 1,000,000 people watch home movie recreation of The Moorside
- 10:08 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic makes HUGE claim about star striker Andy...
- 10:08 Man United star set for hefty cash bonus after doing this
- 10:08 ‘Good year’ for BAE Systems
- 10:08 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:08 Police seize suspected cannabis haul
- 10:08 New regulation proposed for doggy day care businesses
- 10:08 10 things every parent should know about Tax-Free Childcare
- 10:06 Wayne Shaw breaks silence over pie-eating scandal – and blames...
- 10:06 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 10:06 LIVE UPDATES: Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire
- 10:06 York and Leeds scientists in breakthrough on ‘unlocking’ common...
- 10:06 Celebrate National Toast Day with Burton's own Marmite by creating...
- 10:05 Coun Mair - ‘I’ve been given second chance of life’
- 10:05 Sheffield air raid that killed and injured nearly 50 people to be...
- 10:05 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...
- 10:05 ‘Brexit to blame for empty floors’
- 10:04 Racy Sheffield set TV show about selling sex toys and sexy...
- 10:04 Man rescued but two dogs killed in blaze
- 10:04 Symptoms of diabetes: Seven signs YOU could have the condition
- 10:04 Appeal for missing Scarborough teen
- 10:04 High winds cause speed restriction on Scarborough trains
- 10:03 Shropshire Council's full council meeting - LIVE coverage
- 10:03 Northumberland County Council budget passed: Cuts, capital spending...
- 10:03 Manny Pacquiao 'in negotiations' to fight Amir Khan, Pac Man reveals
- 10:02 Alecia Karr is Pink
- 10:02 Superheroes and monsters set to descend on Carlisle as Megacon returns
- 10:02 Mystery remains over council tax defaulters