News from Harrogate Advertiser
MP for Harrogate, Andrew Jones, has spoken to the Harrogate Advertiser from lock down in the Palace of Westminister following breaking news of a suspected terrorist incident. He said: “I was in the Palace of Westminister, I had just been casting my vote
The Metropolitan Police are treating today's attack on the Houses of Parliament as a terrorist incident 'until we know otherwise'. A police officer is thought to have been stabbed by an assailant who was then shot by armed units on the parliamentary esta
Fascinating historic ceramics are being displayed alongside striking contemporary sculptures in a new celebration of Yorkshire’s potted history. The new Yorkshire Pots and People exhibition runs at Lotherton Hall until December and will see ceramics disp
A policeman is believed to have been stabbed in a terror attack in London today. Parliament has been suspended after gunshots were heard outside the Palace of Westminster this afternoon. Sources claim an assailant armed with a knife stabbed a police offi
A Brexit inspired piano concert will get it's world premiere with a free public performance in Yorkshire - but we are giving you an exclusive preview on Facebook Live. We want your Brexit views, via comments, during a special Question Time-style debate w
Mothering Sunday is nearly upon us - so we've rounded up a list of the best ways to treat you mum in Yorkshire. From relaxing tea rooms to extravagant hotels, these are our six favourites within half an hour's drive of Leeds.
Excited pupils, staff and parents at Gateways welcomed a model of the Supersonic Bloodhound SSC to the Harewood-based school for a day of activities designed to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. The Bloodhound SSC is a supersonic c
A 'desperate' owner has pleaded for anyone who sees her missing dog to get in touch, as the Harrogate District community have rallied round for almost two weeks to find him. Can you help?
The plight of a small band of neighbours in the Duchy area of Harrogate has put the spotlight on one of town’s less reported parking problems. Residents on the upper part of Brunswick Drive are complaining that the knock-on effects of parking restriction
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for parts of north Yorkshire as heavy snow makes its way across the country. Heavy rain is expected to turn into wintry showers, with many parts of the north already covered in a white blanket this morning. Her
A Harrogate man has been jailed for two-and-a-half years after causing a serious collision while drinking beer behind the wheel. Ethan Wells-Smith stole a Mercedes Sprinter van from a property in Darley before going on to be involved in a crash on the A5
Supermarket giant Asda is withdrawing a range of ready meals from stores after a disagreement with Slimming World. The Slimzone ready meals, launched in January, included ingredients which were classed as "free" under the Slimming World diet...
Review: 27th annual Harrogate Beer Festival, Crown Hotel, Harrogate. Ostensibly, they were only there for the beer but the 27th annual Harrogate Beer Festival offered plenty of other things to the hundreds of visitors who packed out the Crown Hotel. Thin
Thirsty Planet has announced a major milestone after reaching £2 million raised for clean water projects, helping some of the world’s poorest communities. The scheme was launched by Harrogate Water in 2007 to raise money for independent British charity P
A family are fundraising in memory of a departed mother in aid of a children's hospice in Wetherby while aiming to get people talking about what is a 'good death.' Dr Fiona Hicks, otherwise known as Fiona Barrow, passed away in October 2015 aged 53 surro
- 02:27 Nikkei falls to 1-1/2 month low, investor focus on political scandal
- 02:26 South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding to get new, conditional, $2.6...
- 02:23 William Wilberforce brought back to life in virtual reality
- 02:20 YP Comment: Why Britain will always stand firm against terror –...
- 02:14 Thousands expected at Martin McGuinness's funeral in Londonderry
- 02:14 Detectives probe Westminster knifeman's terror rampage that left...
- 02:14 Post-Brexit vote fall in EU nationals working in UK 'driven...
- 02:14 Crime gangs exploiting corruption at European borders to smuggle...
- 02:14 Majority of women feel embarrassed breastfeeding in front of...
- 02:14 Balloon and sky lantern bans urged on councils by conservation group
- 02:04 Trump aide 'tried to hide' Russian payment
- 01:54 Drop in teacher training recruits revealed
- 01:50 Arsenal hero: Mesut Ozil should copy this Tottenham star
- 01:49 Trump sends holiday greetings to Iranians, does not mention travel ban
- 01:40 MPs honour the memory of PC Keith Palmer
- 01:37 Euro zone banks under scrutiny but none in danger watchdog says
- 01:37 Nicola Sturgeon says new independence referendum now “highly likely”
- 01:29 Kyle Edmund joins Dan Evans, Heather Watson and Aljaz Bedene as he...
- 01:27 Why is Spain in the middle of a spat between China and Taiwan?
- 01:25 Kabbage looks to raise money for acquisitions: sources
- 01:21 Is it safe to drink Fanta and Sprite in Nigeria?
- 01:19 England flanker Chris Robshaw returns for Harlequins as he aims to...
- 01:16 Warning over segregation in England's schools
- 01:16 Sinn Féin oppose any extension to Stormont talks deadline
- 01:16 Bill Clinton to attend Martin McGuinness' funeral
- 01:11 Star Wars updates: This is the CRAZIEST alternate Rogue One ending yet
- 01:09 Coronation Street spoilers: Phelan’s next victim? The killer...
- 01:09 Viewpoint: Life in the land of 'candle princesses'
- 01:09 Spain's female bodyguards who protect abused women
- 01:07 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE FALLS TO 1-1/2 MONTH LOWS