News from Harborough Mail
The new boss of Market Harborough travel company Travelsphere / Just You says he now confidently expects both town-based brands to “expand significantly”. Charismatic Canadian-based businessman Bruce Poon Tip told the Mail he expected both the Travelsphe
The Met Office has this morning, Tuesday, issued a fresh yellow weather warning for ice and freezing fog tonight and tomorrow. Areas of freezing fog, some dense, are expected to form again during Tuesday evening and last into Wednesday morning. The fog w
Tesco has been accused of quietly reducing the size of its toilet rolls - by increasing the size of the HOLE in the middle. Keen-eyed shoppers reckon the cardboard tube in the centre has expanded by 1cm while the overall width has remained the same. The
How to French plait, who Barbie’s boyfriend is and all the words to Olly Murs’ ‘Troublemaker’ are just some of the things only Dads of Daughters will know, according to a new survey. A study of 500 dads with daughters under the age of 18 has revealed the
The go-ahead has been given for a new £1.7m multi-purpose community hall for a Harborough district village. The brand new hall in the centre of Great Glen would provide improved facilities for meetings, sport, stage events and local groups. The building
The four police forces of the East Midlands Operational Support Service (EMOpSS) are supporting a national campaign to raise awareness about tough new penalties for driving while using a mobile phone. From March 1 2017, drivers will receive six points on
Most workers believe that performance reviews are a waste of time, a new study has found. Around two-thirds of employees, and managers, said that formal reviews were time-consuming and outdated, in a survey by software firm Adobe - who themselves have ab
January 23, 1917 – Doting dad’s final moments with his soldier son. A four-day bedside vigil of a loving father holding the hand of his dying son is told in the January 23, 1917, edition of the Market Harborough Advertiser. It’s an unusual story as it of
Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nuts, which were not mentioned on the packaging. This presents an obvious risk to
A leading supplier of self-adhesive labels has set up its Western Europe hub in Market Harborough. The Turkish-founded company Frimpeks hopes to employ up to 100 people in the town over the next few years. The firm’s new Market Harborough base, off Rocki
Prezzo and Itsu restaurants plus pub chain Wetherspoons came bottom in a survey of sustainable seafood on offer at High Street eateries. A lack of information about the sources of seafood is one of the biggest barriers for diners trying to eat seafood su
Sitting for too long can age women by up to eight years, say scientists. A study found those who did little exercise and spent ten hours of the day in a chair had cells that were biologically much older. They had shorter telomeres - tiny caps found on th
The latest photo editing app to go viral, Meitu, has sparked serious security and privacy concerns as Android users are allegedly giving away huge amounts of information to the Chinese tech company in order to download the selfie taking app. The app whic
While the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has forecast that house prices in the UK will rise by around 3 per cent this year, a Times survey of leading economists has predicted that 2017 could be the year the London property bubble finally
Two men from Market Harborough arrested on Thursday in connection with the robbery of a van on a test drive during which a garage salesman was seriously injured, have been bailed by Warwickshire Police while investigations continue. But the two were then
- 21:31 Conjoined twin girls who shared spine, bladder, uterus and...
- 21:30 S&P 500, Nasdaq end at record highs; financials a boost
- 21:29 EastEnders director reveals bus crash details and the message...
- 21:29 Female suicide bombers are using babies to carry out attacks
- 21:24 Ikea recalls chair amid reports of collapse and injuries
- 21:23 Chester council takes legal action against Travellers
- 21:23 First full Derby City Council meeting of 2017 expected to be lively...
- 21:19 Mother of boys killed by father hands in petition to the PM
- 21:18 Trump's voter fraud claim 'based on evidence'
- 21:12 Three teenagers arrested over carjacking in Kings Heath
- 21:11 New era for your Grantham Journal
- 21:11 S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs on bank, tech gains
- 21:10 How Aston Villa's line-up could look after the January transfer window
- 21:09 Manchester City keen on signing Valencia youngster Nabil Touaizi
- 21:09 Togo 1-3 DR Congo: Leopards stroll to victory over Sparrow Hawks to...
- 21:09 Morocco 1-0 Ivory Coast: Eric Bailly, Wilfred Zaha and Co heading...
- 21:08 Burton residents urged to vote for their favourite buildings in the...
- 21:08 Mother of two boys murdered by father after divorce calls for end...
- 21:07 Euromillions Results: Winning numbers for tonight's massive jackpot...
- 21:06 Eric Bailly heads back to Manchester United early after Ivory...
- 21:06 S&P 500, NASDAQ COMPOSITE SET RECORD CLOSING HIGHS
- 21:05 Sunderland art forger is jailed for ‘Pitman Painter’ con
- 21:05 FA throw County Durham Sunday league team out of a cup after...
- 21:04 Commuters face ‘hellish’ scenes after derailed train causes chaos...
- 21:03 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly to return from Africa Cup of...
- 21:01 Sir Alex Ferguson doubts any current Manchester United star can...
- 21:01 Euro 2016 ace agrees to join Aston Villa: Medical tomorrow
- 21:01 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is what I really think of Jose Mourinho's...
- 21:01 West Bridgford barman gets ban after smoking spliff before driving
- 21:01 Emmerdale spoilers: Debbie Dingle reveals tragic cancer secret