News from Harborough Mail
There are more than 400 properties in the Harborough district that have been empty for more than six months - the equivalent of a village the size of Great Bowden. But many could be brought back into use, under Harborough District Council plans to charge
Heartbroken friends have raised almost £4,000 for the funeral of a 27-year-old Market Harborough man who died last week. Arron Micklewright, described by friends as “lovely”, “funny” and “kind” was found last Tuesday at Bellfields Recreation Ground in Li
Work starts on Monday on the major upgrade of Market Harborough’s railway station, the cost of which now stands at £54million. The big re-design involves straightening the line, increasing car park capacity and approximately doubling the length of platfo
One in five Brits say they would rather date someone with a pet, according to a new survey. Almost a third of those polled said they’d much rather smooch a pooch-owner, while a quarter said they’d more likely be feline the love with a cat keeper. And an
Glorious weather helped make Desborough Carnival a huge success on Saturday. Carnival-goers were treated to a host of activities as well as the traditional float parade. Carnival committee secretary Carol Johnson said she was overwhelmed to see so many p
A yellow weather warning for heavy rain has today been issued by the Met Office for Harborough and the surrounding region. The Met Office said: “there is an increasing risk of heavy rain, with thunder possible, developing over southern England on Tuesday
Sainsbury’s has removed 13 of its own-brand sandwich fillers from its shelves following the discovery of food bug listeria in them. The items from the supermarket’s Deli Fillers range were withdrawn after listeria monocytogenes was found in some of the p
It could be a photo straight from an edition of a 1980’s Harborough Mail - and there’s a good reason for that. Freedom Support Solutions in Market Harborough marked Learning Disabilities week, which ran from June 19-24, with an 80’s themed danceathon on
Harborians lined the streets yesterday (Sunday) to pay tribute to the armed forces. The annual Armed Forces Drumhead service on The Square, to mark Armed Forces Week, was cancelled this year because they thought it might rain. So instead they marched alo
Two men have been injured, one seriously, after a car collided with a lorry on the Catthorpe Interchange in the early hours of this morning (Monday June 26), leaving them trapped for over an hour. It happened on the southbound M6 just where the slip road
Fake news, click bait and sponsored stories are a 21 st century phenomenon, aren’t they? Well if you think that you’re wrong: because at least a hundred years ago newspaper editors were quite happy to take a commercial shilling for promotions wrapped up
An organic food retailer has recalled a line of tahini because salmonella has been found in the product. E E Wholesale’s Equal Exchange Organic Dark Tahini has been found to contain traces of the bug, which can cause fever, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps
Spain is the holiday destination where you are most likely to fall ill or have your passport or money stolen, according to new research. Almost a quarter of all UK trips to Spain end up in some kind of mishap. France emerged as the European holiday ‘car
Couch potato teenagers do as little exercise as 60-year olds, according to new research. The study suggests physical activity among children and adolescents is even lower than previously feared - fuelling the growing obesity epidemic. Three in four girls
Nearly half of all animal owners confess that they’ve pulled a ‘sicky’ to pander to a poorly pet. A poll of 2,000 pet-lovers found that 42% have lied to their boss and bagged a day off to attend to their ailing animal. And 33% of respondents admit that o
- 10:11 Australia, United States begin their biggest joint military exercise
- 10:11 Archbishop of York joins growing list calling for cross-party...
- 10:11 Cascade of carnations among the 10,000 flowers in Castle Howard’s...
- 10:10 Would you raffle your home for £2 a ticket? Owner of country pile...
- 10:10 £5,000 reward to reunite Normandy veteran with medals lost on M6
- 10:09 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:09 Why Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong will not be heading to...
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot