News from Harborough Mail
Soldier Trimaan “Harry” Dhillon has been found guilty of murdering Harborough graduate Alice Ruggles. The jury at Newcastle Crown Court returned their verdict just after lunch time on Wednesday, ruling that 26-year-old Dhillon murdered Alice (24) at her
Hold onto your hats fast food lovers - you will soon to be able to have your Big Mac and McFlurry delivered straight to your front door. McDonald’s has confirmed it will begin a trial delivery service in June using an external provider, which could inclu
A new survey has revealed that 93 per cent of us believe the UK has an issue with arrears, with a quarter of Brits agreeing that debt is now just a part of everyday life. According to the survey by debt management company PayPlan, the average person will
Police are trying to find out more about a car crash, in which one of the motorist may have had a firearm. The incident happened on Scraptoft Lane, Scraptoft at around 10.40pm on Sunday, April 23. A police spokesperson said: “After the initial collision
Police have released another CCTV image of a person they want to speak to in connection with a large street fight in Market Harborough. This time the image centres around one person - the previous image showed 14 people, which included the man pictured h
Do you have an embarrassing tattoo? Well you could be in luck as TV channel E4’s Tattoo Fixers are looking for people from Harborough to appear on the show. Participants will get the chance to have a regrettable tattoo covered up by one of the three top
Millions of Brits are no longer using a PEN- with a third admitting they barely write anymore, according to new research. Studies show 39 per cent of respondents think handwriting is less important now thanks to email, text messaging and social media. Ho
Three masked men forced their way into a house in the early hours of the morning. They took the keys to a grey Audi TT and drove off in it. Detectives are working to trace a vehicle stolen in the incident, which happened at about 4-5am on Sunday (April 2
Retailer collapsed in 2008 after racking up debts of £400m but former boss plans to resurrect brand. Woolworths, which had a store in The Square, Market Harborough - now a New Look - could be set to make a comeback to the British high street almost 10 ye
April 24, 1917 – Brave optimism on the streets of Harborough despite heavy losses on the world’s battlefields. There are again only four pages in the April 24, 1917, edition of the Market Harborough Advertiser. Admittedly it’s an out-sized broadsheet for
No one is immune from cyber crime, a leading internet security expert has warned, following revelations that one in five UK businesses fell victim to online attacks last year. Robert O’Brien, of internet security firm MetaCompliance, said the rise of hac
What were feared fake versions of the new ‘counterfeit-proof’ fiver have turned out to be genuine, washed-out notes. Police had issued a warning over fake versions of the new £5 notes - despite claims it was impossible to copy. Officers issued the alert
If you’re having difficulty choosing the most flattering pictures for your online profile - then let a stranger decide, suggests new research. With more of our lives spent online from getting a job to seeking romance, having the right profile picture may
The NSPCC has teamed up with Lidl for a campaign aiming to keep children safe from abuse. The long-term commitment from the supermarket aims to enable the charity to reach one million children with its ‘Speak Out Stay Safe’ primary school programme. Curr
An appeal for witnesses has been launched after seven tonnes of rubbish was dumped in a lay-by on the Fosse Way. The major commercial fly-tip, which was reported to Rugby Borough Council shortly before 5.30pm on Tuesday (18 April), was on the Fosse Way n
- 08:19 Injury stopped me reaching the top as a player ... that hurt is...
- 08:20 Live: Traffic and travel for Leicestershire
- 08:19 East Kilbride boss insists pressure is on Buckie in first leg of...
- 08:19 Airdrie Academy Schools Cup winners celebrate 50 years of history
- 08:19 Social media sites are failing to shield children from...
- 08:19 It’s no ordinary cup of tea that comes from Left Field
- 08:19 Callous vandals trash Lincoln gully at Boultham Park
- 08:18 Palmeiras' Felipe Melo throws huge PUNCH at opponent as supporters...
- 08:18 Tottenham fan left with broken skull and eye socket after being...
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford East division?
- 08:17 Who is standing for election in Retford West division?
- 08:17 Readers support taxi drivers over disabled parking row
- 08:17 You can now jazz up your pre-drinks by turning your prosecco rose...
- 08:15 St Helens teen goes from shop floor to starring role in TV advert
- 08:15 This week’s debate: Does Sheffield need to become more of a...
- 08:14 How Man City could line up vs Manchester United
- 08:14 Manchester United line up vs Man City could include Henrikh...
- 08:14 International striker: I want to play at Newcastle next season
- 08:13 That Thing You Do reunion: THIS is what the movie’s band The...
- 08:12 Triple whammy of woe for drivers in Telford, Shrewsbury and Chirk
- 08:12 Six weeks of gas pipe work hold-ups near Oswestry
- 08:12 Pre-general election PMQ's: Waspi, waspish or was it just waffle?
- 08:12 Telford man, 19, in court over iron bar attack
- 08:12 Ellesmere man denies four sex assaults at army training camp
- 08:12 Shropshire motorists facing misery over major road closures
- 08:12 Asian shares pull back from highs on doubts over Trump's tax plan
- 08:12 Packed programme of events has been announced for South...
- 08:11 Arriva Rail North workers to strike but what Calderdale routes will...
- 08:11 North East MP who battled cancer returns to the Commons to take on...
- 08:11 This is the moment murderer Trimaan Dhillon calmly drives off in...