News from Harborough Mail
The first stage of the prestigious Women’s Tour elite cycling event looks set to come close to Market Harborough and pass through Desborough this year. The final route has still to be confirmed, but the 148km Northamptonshire stage passes through the are
A record number of cyclists are expected this year for Market Harborough’s third annual Festival of Cycling. Up to 400 cyclists are expected in an enlarged event, after two ‘sell-out’ years. Entries are now open for the event, which takes place on Sunday
Birmingham Children’s Hospital has a special place in many families’ hearts and one Lutterworth mum is ready to show her thanks by stepping out of a plane. Jessica Boulton’s giant leap will be a sponsored tandem skydive at Peterborough at the end of June
The fund to help Market Harborough’s Boulton family is now close to £20,000, after a money-raising event in the town. The event - a Quiz Night and raffle at Enigma organised by Rotoract Market Harborough - raised £1,778 from the raffle alone. Thornby Hal
Boredom in Britain is at an all-time low - thanks to our our SMARTPHONES. A survey of 2,000 Brits over 35 found that eight in 10 are rarely or never bored, because with their phone nearby there’s always something to do. Twenty per cent say they are “neve
It is certainly an unlikely choice as our most-read story of the past few days, but the removal of the red phone box last week was a clear winner. Alex Dawson reflects back on the incident with reaction from the council and BT. BT seems to have made an u
From road closures and damage being caused by the high winds, here is a comprehensive round-up of incidents affecting Northants, Milton Keynes, Bucks, Beds, Herts, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire. Northants Storm Doris: How it is affecting Corby, East North
Former Gartree Prison officer-turned gold selling singer Sam Bailey has chosen the county’s Rainbows Children’s Hospice to benefit from her forthcoming tour. The X Factor winner is embarking on her UK-wide Sing My Heart Out tour next week. After visiting
A tank paintball arena in Husbands Bosworth has celebrated a new arrival – a fearsome Soviet-era T72 tank, Armourgeddon took delivery of the tank last week in time for the tank paintball season, which begins on April 1. The T72 entered service with the S
Market Harborough’s influential Civic Society has said it is “totally opposed” to a new south-eastern relief road for the town. Instead, the Society says greater priority should be given to a north-western relief road, from Lubenham to the A6. The views
A gin distilled just a few miles from Harborough has been named one of the winners in the ‘Rural Oscars’. Warner Edwards Distillery, based at Falls Farm in Harrington, was among the winners for the Midlands at the 2016 Countryside Alliance Awards. The fi
Residents across Market Harborough are being urged to unplug a range of faulty tumble dryers - after some of them started to EXPLODE. Manufacturer Whirlpool has admitted there is a fault with a range of up to 5.3 million Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda dryer
An independent charity based in Lutterworth which helps young people develop practical skills has been given a helping hand by the Lutterworth Rotary Club. The Enterprise Centre, founded 12 years ago, was formerly part of Lutterworth College but is now a
The Principal of Robert Smyth Academy, Sue Jones, is stepping down after 14 years at the school in leadership roles, citing “personal and family reasons”. In a letter to students and parents this week she said: “It is with great sadness that I am writing
Northants County Council says it is seeking national funding to help pay for repairs to the A6 Rothwell-Desborough bypass. The road has been closed since mid-January after an inspection found crumbling foundations where it crosses the River Ise. It was e
- 13:40 John Jensen picks his dream XI: Arsenal and Man Utd legends feature
- 13:40 Team-mate tells Alexis Sanchez he should ditch Arsenal and join...
- 13:40 Cesar Azpilicueta: This is my mentality in Chelsea training
- 13:39 Immigrants fearing deportations in America as 'green card checks...
- 13:38 Four people injured after shots fired in Halifax
- 13:38 £1 house for sale but there’s a catch, obviously
- 13:33 Scholes discusses Mkhitaryan and Martial: Man Utd boss Mourinho has...
- 13:33 Part time jobs eating Walkers crisps are on offer
- 13:32 Storm Doris: Tributes pour in for 'kind, popular, shining star'...
- 13:31 Britpop band Space cancel Nottingham gig due to illness
- 13:31 Mike + The Mechanics' Word Of Mouth Tour, Royal Concert Hall,...
- 13:30 Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas determined to stay and win over Antonio Conte
- 13:29 Could Roe v Wade be overturned and abortion outlawed in the US?
- 13:28 Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe: LIVE SCORE UPDATES
- 13:27 Paulo Ferreira: This Chelsea legend is one of the best I’ve played...
- 13:27 This tornado kick KO might be the most outrageous knockout you'll...
- 13:26 Mum who survived breast cancer twice tells women checking meant...
- 13:26 Former Leofric Hotel ballroom is to have a dramatic transformation
- 13:25 'He was my soulmate' - young mum tells of grief after love of her...
- 13:25 The way we were 45 years ago: 25 photographs show life in the North...
- 13:25 Frank de Boer rules himself out of the running for the Leicester...
- 13:22 Stats geeks name 30 young players with highest potential… you won't...
- 13:22 Jamie Redknapp blasts Dele Alli: He let Tottenham down and he must...
- 13:22 Grantham schoolchildren prepare a Roman feast
- 13:22 Claudio Ranieri: Sacked Leicester boss snapped leaving training...
- 13:22 Woodland Trust offers tree packs in bid to fight disease threat
- 13:21 What libraries will be left when Kirklees has finished cuts?
- 13:21 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 13:20 Jurgen Klopp not worried about Liverpool FC's enforced inactivity
- 13:20 Claudio Ranieri says final goodbyes to Leicester City players at...