News from Harborough Mail
A driver has died after his car hit a tree. The fatal collision happened at about 2pm yesterday (Saturday, Decmeber 3) on the A426 Rugby Road in Cotesbach, near Lutterworth. A blue Hyundai i10 was travelling from Lutterworth towards Rugby when it hit a t
The pilot of a glider has died after crashing in fields near Lubenham, west of Market Harborough, today (Sunday). The accident happened at around 12.40pm, and involved a male pilot from Husbands Bosworth Gliding Club, who was on a local flight. A spokesp
Two schools in the Harborough district have submitted major extension plans to the district council in the last week. Farndon Fields Primary School in Market Harborough will build seven new classrooms and grow in physical size by about 40 per cent, if a
The over 50s are finding it difficult to see their GP, according to research by Saga Health Insurance which reveals the places in the UK where over 50s say they struggle most to get an appointment with a doctor. In a poll of more than 10,000 over 50s, ha
A seriously ill nine-year-old boy from the Harborough district is going to America soon for ground-breaking surgery aimed at halting his rare form of bone cancer. Alexander Goodwin will have his right femur bone and both hip bones removed and replaced an
One in six workers experience stress, anxiety and depression at any given time but, more often than not, workers don’t disclose their problems and mental health remains a workplace taboo. Forget any ideas or preconceptions you have about mental health be
One in ten Brits never clean their sofas despite them being regularly stained with food, drink and even bodily fluids. A poll of 2,000 householders found that staggeringly, three quarters have stained sofas, yet 54 per cent admitted they clean their suit
Market Harborough will be decorated with more than a hundred Christmas trees this year. The trees in their wall brackets have been installed once again by Alden Electrical with the support of the Harborough Improvement Team’and the Market Harborough Cham
The benefits of an aspirin a day really do outweigh the risks, according to new research. Although regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence these are fatal, say scientists. But a daily pill
A range of pet food has been recalled by its manufacturer following the discovery that the product contains salmonella. Natures Menu is recalling its ‘Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg’ frozen pet food, as it has been to
It’s the Christmas Fair in Market Harborough tonight (Friday), the town’s big late night shopping event. And tomorrow is Small Business Saturday across the UK. So we’re celebrating with this exclusive Market Harborough Gift Guide. All gifts on these page
The NHS has not ruled out funding, or helping to fund, the re-siting of Market Harborough’s listed War Memorial, the Mail can reveal. When asked directly by the Mail if the NHS would pay for the relocation of the Grade II listed monument, a spokesman for
Morrisons is bringing back Christmas carols to its stores after 15 years, after listening to its customers who said they preferred traditional songs to pop music. Instead of favourites like Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody, shoppers will hear popular ca
A Lutterworth optician was part of a team who dispensed almost 3,500 pairs of glasses – including one to a tribal king – in Ghana. Store director Abhijit Roy, along with eight other members of Specsavers teams across the midlands, held optical clinics fo
A team from Welland Park Academy faced stiff competition in the county rounds of the National Netball Competition held at Leicester Grammar School. The under-14s’ opposition included Uppingham Community College, Oakham School, Ratcliffe College, Leiceste
- 02:22 Man dies on Oxbridge 'Varsity' ski trip to French Alps
- 02:12 China services sector activity expands at quickest rate in 16...
- 02:00 Turner Prize winner to be announced
- 01:58 Snacking on nuts each day can cut disease risk
- 01:52 Emerald Demelza! Poldark star Eleanor Tomlinson looks striking in a...
- 01:52 'It doesn't make sense': Adam Thomas's soap star brother Ryan...
- 01:52 London calling! Supermodel Gigi Hadid cuts a low key figure as she...
- 01:52 Ain't nothing like a dame! Judi Dench wraps up in a chic camel coat...
- 01:52 It's a cover up! Nicole Scherzinger goes from dramatic cleavage...
- 01:52 'Who is this imposter?' Twitter goes wild as viewers accuse Lady...
- 01:52 For the Friel of it! Anna leads the style at the British...
- 01:48 Most foreign firms owning London property are registered in tax...
- 01:38 Trump to meet with retired U.S. Admiral Stavridis on Thursday
- 01:36 Oh my Gogglebox! Scarlett's queen of the jungle
- 01:36 New crisis for EU as Italy's PM quits after crushing reforms defeat
- 01:36 Briton dies on Oxbridge ski trip to French Alps
- 01:35 Decorated football coach linked with abuse at two clubs: Dario...
- 01:35 Andy Woodward calls on FA to support new Trust for victims and...
- 01:35 Crisis club Crewe sent boys to disgraced former Southampton coach...
- 01:35 Shenzhen - Hong Kong trading scheme kicks off
- 01:30 Fidel Castro funeral subdues Cuba's popular Santeria festival
- 01:28 Want, need, wear, read: Will the 'four gift rule' take off?
- 01:23 Inside the ‘tinderbox’ Oakland Ghostship commune where at least 33...
- 01:20 Euro zone seeks compromise on Greek debt ahead of IMF deadline
- 01:20 Airbus chief wants soft Brexit, higher German military budget
- 01:20 100 Women 2016: Indian women 'loiter' in public places at night
- 01:13 New Zealand Prime Minister Key announces surprise resignation
- 01:11 Killer drivers could face life sentences under Government crackdown
- 00:58 Panasonic in talks to buy ZKW for up to $1 billion - Nikkei
- 00:58 BMW seeks to be 'coolest' ride-hailing firm with autonomous car