News from Halifax Courier
‘Debt isn’t something for people to be terrified of - but it can’t be ignored.’ That’s the message from a Calderdale housing association as it urges people to prioritise debts and seek help if they find themselves in trouble. Budgets can be tight for man
Hundreds of women protesting against Donald Trump will march in Yorkshire today (Saturday) on the first day of his US presidency. Marches are planned to go ahead as part of a global campaign in Leeds, York, Shipley and London throughout the day. The wome
Halifax businessman Alex Myers is still pinching himself that his schoolboy dream has come true. Alex runs Manifest London, a public relations firm he co-founded in 2009 and which has offices in New York and Stockholm, with a staff of 30. Since being fou
Organisations and community groups have an extended chance to improve the health and well being of Rastrick residents. Now in its third year the Voice Your Choice scheme enables groups to come forward and apply for funding from Rastrick Big Local. The pa
Regulars at a Todmorden pub are shaking off any remaining New Year cobwebs with a fundraising day and raffle for young people in the town. On Sunday, January 22, eight teams of footballers from the Jack’s House pub on Burnley Road, Todmorden, will play d
Two men have been charged with murder after a man was found dead in Halifax. Christopher Churchill, 33, of Athol Close, Halifax, and Dale Dwyer, 25, of Alma Street, Buxton, Derbyshire, are due to appear at Bradford Magistrates Court this morning (Saturda
Halifax Ladies RUFC team is holding an open training session tomorrow (January 21). The session is part of a wider Rugby Football Union campaign to grow the women’s game. Clubs across the country are taking part and running sessions called ‘Pitch up and
Here are the latest planning applications to appear before Calderdale Council. VALIDATED Dormer to front and rear: 19 Wyvern Place, Pellon. Installation of 15m high monopole supporting 1 Omni antenna, equipment housing cabinet and associated ancillary de
A police inspector who has served and protected the people in Calderdale for the last ten years is retiring. Colin Skeath has been the Town Centre Neighbourhood Inspector since 2012 and this week retires after 32 years public service, with 27 years as a
Crossley Heath School once again topped the A Level league table in Calderdale. The Halifax school had 21.6 per cent of its students achieving the benchmark figure. Schools are ranked on the percentage of A-level students achieving three grades of AAB or
Flood alleviation work is now well underway in Mytholmroyd as part of plans to make the village more resilient in the face of any future flooding. Demolition of 13 Calder Grove began before Christmas and is scheduled to take around four to six weeks. The
The votes have been counted and the results of our Song for Christmas competition, sponsored by Harveys of Halifax, are in. Bradshaw Primary School, Halifax, came it at number one, Withinfields Primary School, Southowram, came in at number two and St And
Yorkshire Bank will close 39 of its branches including the one in Todmorden over the next 12 months. It is anticipated that as many as 200 jobs will be lost as a result of the move. The closures are part of a wider raft of changes from Clydesdale and Yor
A new method of ranking schools introduced by the Government has shaken up the secondary school league tables in Calderdale this year. Calder High School, Mytholmroyd, has topped the latest tables, published yesterday by the Department for Education, wit
Dancers of all ages will spring into action this weekend to take part in the annual Roy Castle Tapathon. Tap dance schools from across Calderdale will come together at North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax, to partake in the annual event on January 22. La
- 03:44 A message of hope at Washington march
- 03:43 Outgoing FCC chair warns against overturning net neutrality
- 03:42 Chief of Taiwan's Foxconn says rise of protectionism unavoidable
- 03:36 Mauritius: PM Anerood Jugnauth to hand over to son
- 03:33 Playing politics? Chinese tourism under scrutiny as Lunar New Year...
- 03:33 China party paper says no 'provocation' can stop its military drills
- 03:29 Stars come out for Critics' Circle Film Awards
- 03:29 Parents of charity rower say his fundraising feats will save lives
- 03:29 Girl at centre of court battle is beyond my control, says father
- 03:18 Transfer news: Chelsea in talks with Real Madrid, Spurs block...
- 03:15 Man charged with the murder of schoolgirl Leonne Weeks
- 03:13 North Wales football: Prestatyn move 13 points clear in Huws Gray...
- 03:10 Trump inauguration: President attacks 'dishonest' media over crowd...
- 02:59 Man charged with the murder of schoolgirl Leonne Weeks
- 02:47 In defence of Nintendo Switch – Reader’s Feature
- 02:46 Myanmar's remote Wa State suffers as fewer Chinese come to party
- 02:27 Japan enters uncharted waters as emperor's abdication pondered
- 02:27 Kenny Miller insists Rangers future 'is out of my hands' after...
- 02:27 Celtic star Stuart Armstrong now right at home at Parkhead and...
- 02:27 Australian Open LIVE: Sir Andy Murray faces Mischa Zverev as Dan...
- 02:12 ‘Months, not weeks’ No date set for first SHOWDOWN between Trump &...
- 01:50 Eyes front! Braless Kendall Jenner flashes her nipple pasties in...
- 01:50 Petra Nemcova looks radiant in flirty and feminine yellow frock...
- 01:50 'I was terrified': Louis Tomlinson reveals he was petrified before...
- 01:50 Suicide attack foiled in Beirut cafe - security source
- 01:50 Stacy Francis bursts into hysterical tears of guilt over Chloe...
- 01:49 Doping: It did go all way to Vladimir Putin - Lab chief reveals...
- 01:48 Wake up - that snoring could cause a stroke! Anything more than the...
- 01:45 League One round-up: Sheffield United extend lead despite draw...
- 01:42 Celtic defender Mikael Lustig ready to earn another contract at...