News from Halifax Courier
This year all Year 12 students have been involved in our enhanced core enrichment programme, whereby they spend Wednesday afternoon developing a range of skills to help support their progress not only in the sixth form, but beyond it, either in work or a
The future of Todmorden Community College is being considered after a study was commissioned to explore future uses of the site. The study, which is being jointly funded by Calderdale Council and Todmorden Town Council, was requested by members of the To
Lloyds Banking Group has set aside another £1bn to meet compensation claims for the mis-selling of payment protection insurance (PPI). The part state-owned lender is by far the worst affected by the PPI scandal and it said as part of a third quarter trad
Halifax performing arts charity Square Chapel Trust has appointed York and Leeds-based accountancy firm Garbutt + Elliott as it prepares to reopen its newly expanded facility in 2017. As part of the appointment, Garbutt + Elliott will prepare and audit t
Police in Calderdale are releasing an image of a woman they want to speak who may have witnessed an assault. The incident happened on Saturday October 15 at around 5.45am on the Silver Street junction with Central Street in Halifax. A 24-year-old male
More bad news for motorists as the cost of fuel rose again last week, with unleaded petrol now at 115.2 pence per litre. This is 1.5 pence per litre more than the previous week, similar to the 1.4p rise the previous week. Office of National Statistics fi
Year 11 students at The North Halifax Grammar School have yet again produced a tremendous set of examination results. 99 per cent of our students achieved at least five A* to C passes including English and mathematics with almost 80 per cent of the stude
The host towns and cities for the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire have been unveiled. Racing for the third edition - from Friday, April 28 to Sunday, April 30 - will begin or end each day in Bradford, Bridlington, Fox Valley (Sheffield), Harrogate, Scarborough or
Police have released an image of a man they would like to speak to following a burglary in Illingworth. It happened at about 4.50am on October 14 in Occupation Lane, when a blue Vauxhall Astra and a grey Audi Q7 were stolen. The man police would like
Drivers faced severe delays this morning following the closure of the M62. The route was closed for around three hours in both directions between junctions 25 and 26, Brighouse and Chain Bar. Police say the motorway is now open but lengthy tailbacks are
Millions of Brits are leaving their windows and doors unlocked, leaving keys in the garden and relying on their dog to keep their home safe, a study has found. One in five leave their doors unlocked all or most of the time on a typical day and 48 per cen
Halifax MP Holly Lynch has joined dozens of cross-party colleagues in demanding an extra £350m a week in post-Brexit funding for the NHS. The appeal, based on the high-profile pledge by the Vote Leave campaign, has been described as a chance for pro-Brex
Halifax has missed out on hosting the Tour de Yorkshire 2017 cycle race despite organisers confirming last year the town would be one of venues. Organisers Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.) have revealed the chosen towns whi
The developers of Pokemon GO are getting into the spirit of the season by announcing a series of Hallowe’en-themed special features. From tomorrow, players will receive double the usual amount of candy for every Pokemon they catch and, as an extra bonus,
Around £20,000 worth of work to improve the new site for Todmorden Agricultural Show is under way ahead of next year’s event. The show, organised by Todmorden Agricultural Society, will take place on Saturday, June 17, 2017, on its new showground next to
- 10:24 All the best dog costumes from this year’s Tompkins Square...
- 10:23 CCTV released after a man threatens Newcastle bookies staff with a...
- 10:23 Mother who gave birth after suffering 16 miscarriages reveals how...
- 10:23 South Yorkshire overnight arson attacks
- 10:23 Adomah v Adama: Did Aston Villa come up trumps?
- 10:23 Raddlebarn Road stabbing: 'What sort of world are our kids growing...
- 10:21 Aqeel Ahmed wins gold in Finland and urges Team GB selectors to...
- 10:21 East Kilbride Rugby Club boss calls for improvement as his side are...
- 10:21 Motherwell boxer Reece McFadden wins gold medal despite opponent...
- 10:21 WWE Universal champion Kevin Owens recalls epic title win ahead of...
- 10:21 UK mortgage approvals pick up from 19-month low - BBA
- 10:21 Pedestrian taken to hospital in air ambulance following collision...
- 10:20 Yobs throw bricks off M58 bridge shattering vehicles
- 10:20 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 10:20 Ellesmere Port tourist attraction unveils rare restored boat
- 10:19 Majority of football fans would support gay players at their club,...
- 10:19 Louis van Gaal is my biggest influence says Thomas Muller, as...
- 10:19 Mel Morris spent his cash on Derby County, so now deserves loyalty
- 10:19 Why our council left a tip in the park
- 10:18 Reward offered for Louth dog missing for two months
- 10:18 Lloyds and Anto hit FTSE after results
- 10:17 Blackpool high in write-offs list
- 10:17 Two families fight to raise £50k to for two life-changing ops
- 10:17 Lloyds' PPI bill hits £17bn: Bank's shares slide as it sets aside...
- 10:17 GLOBAL MARKETS-Oil price declines weigh on European markets
- 10:17 Kitten travelled 10 miles in car engine around Shropshire
- 10:16 Antonio Conte reveals what makes a successful three-man defence...
- 10:16 Paul Pogba needs time to adapt to the Premier League, says Jose...
- 10:16 Diane to tee up at The Belfry
- 10:16 Arsenal star sends message to Arsene Wenger: He wants to be...