News from Guardian
Nasa has released spectacular images of Saturn’s rings, revealing that the rings may be home to millions of orbiting “moonlets”. The images from the Cassini spacecraft resolve details on a scale of 550 metres – around the size of the tallest buildings on
Scientists are investigating a mystery object that appeared and then vanished again from a giant lake on Titan, the largest moon of Saturn. They spotted the object in an image taken by Nasa's Cassini probe last year as it swung around the alien moon, mor
The Canadian government has introduced highly anticipated legislation aimed at regulating recreational marijuana use by July 2018, paving the way for the country to become the first in the G7 to fully legalise the drug. On Thursday, the Liberal governmen
Mauricio Pochettino has said he was inspired by Sir Alex Ferguson and the Manchester United “Class of 92”, as he explained why he saw young, native talent as fundamental to the success of a club. The Tottenham Hotspur manager has watched players such as
Montse Benítez accepts that plans for her husband’s 57th birthday on Sunday must remain tentative until late on Friday night. Everything hinges on whether Newcastle United take a significant stride back towards the Premier League by beating Leeds United
Crystal Palace’s timing was perfect. It was Tuesday back at Selhurst Park, with the majority of those present still pinching themselves at the riotous dismissal of Arsenal the night before, and the buzzwords at the launch of the Palace for Life Foundatio
If you’re feeling short of inspiration or drawing a blank when asked, “What are you up to for Easter?”, these ideas will help make an answer easier to come by. From family-friendly trips – including high-octane adventure and more relaxed fun – to energis
Manchester United should still be confident of reaching the semi-finals of Uefa’s second tier club competition, despite Leander Dendoncker’s late strike that drew the opening leg. Until then Anderlecht had barely managed an attempt and United will rue Ma
It is clear there is still a way to go for Warrington if they are to fulfil the potential many believe they possess this season but these are the moments which suggest there are at least some green shoots surrounding the recent form of last year’s Grand
Dan Rooney, the Pittsburgh Steelers chairman and one of the NFL’s most influential and popular executives, has died. He was 84. Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said Rooney died on Thursday. No further details were immediately available. Rooney took over o
Russia is facing an even longer ban from international athletics because of its failure to tackle its tainted doping system, Sebastian Coe has warned. The Russian Athletics Federation has been barred from international competition since November 2015. It
This blog is for those who have watched the fifth episode of series two of The Last Kingdom. Please try and avoid book spoilers in the comments. Catch up on the episode one, two, three and four recaps here. After the mayhem of last week events slowed dow
Nasa and Russia could soon begin talks to extend the life of the International Space Station in order to test life-support systems for the human exploration of the moon. The International Space Station (ISS) is scheduled to cease operations in 2024. This
It’s 10:13am on Tuesday and a caller has something to say about missing Fremantle Docker Harley Bennell’s latest ankle injury, so SEN radio host Kevin “KB” Bartlett puts him to air. “Connective tissue is a little bit like a ligament strain,” the man star
The Russian television station Channel One has announced that it will not broadcast the Eurovision Song Contest this year or take part in the competition because its contestant has been barred from the host country, Ukraine. The statement came in Thursda
- 00:37 NFL Draft 2017: London-born Jermaine Eluemunor ready for sun or...
- 00:37 Liverpool didn't sign Alexis Sanchez because they 'couldn't move...
- 00:37 Justin Rose bids to put his Masters heartache behind him as he...
- 00:35 New plans to extend GP access 'could prove expensive and...
- 00:35 Liberal Democrats to back Greens in Brighton seat
- 00:35 Zac Goldsmith to fight Richmond Park seat for Tories once again
- 00:35 Ex-Tory MP Esther McVey to contest George Osborne's seat
- 00:35 Jeremy Corbyn to claim Conservatives 'will never fix housing crisis'
- 00:35 Corbyn would be a threat to national security, Johnson warns
- 00:35 Middlesbrough 1 Sunderland 0: Boro beat hopeless Black Cats in...
- 00:33 Jose Mourinho assures Man United duo: You will play here next season
- 00:30 Top award for Leeds hospital garden
- 00:28 'Hummus crisis': Why are supermarkets removing the dip?
- 00:27 Manchester United want to re-sign Michael Keane but Burnley value...
- 00:27 FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirms video referees at 2018...
- 00:26 Zlatan Ibrahimovic turns down megabucks deal: Jose Mourinho wants...
- 00:25 Paraguay's lower house rejects presidential re-election amendment
- 00:24 Arsenal fans steering clear of the Emirates and Alexis Sanchez...
- 00:24 Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend show Tottenham what they're...
- 00:24 Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce fears Mamadou Sakho has...
- 00:24 Chelsea brothers Nathaniel and Trevoh Chalobah have dance-off in...
- 00:24 University of Glasgow honours life of James McCune Smith
- 00:23 'Have a little swagger', CEOs tell May in bid to make Brexit pay
- 00:23 ECB seen firmly on hold but may set stage for June shift
- 00:23 British housing starts indicator hits 10-year high, commercial...
- 00:21 Star Wars favourite Ian McDiarmid to play Enoch Powell on stage in...
- 00:19 General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump' says Johnson
- 00:17 What's behind Uber's success in Egypt?
- 00:15 Blood test to spot lung cancer relapse hailed as 'new hope'
- 00:12 US military bosses reveal radical plan to hack soldier's brains to...