News from Guardian
The government has rejected a request by the surveillance camera watchdog to allow it to monitor the increasing and unregulated use of body-worn video cameras in hospitals. The cameras, which record sound as well as images, are being increasingly deploye
The paediatricians who started a children’s medical education organisation Paediatricians Dr Kate Hersov and Dr Kim Chilman-Blair started Medikidz, a children’s medical education organisation, after becoming frustrated at the lack of resources to help ex
As the cookie crumbles in my mouth, delivering a shot of much-needed sugar, a sudden urge flashes across my mind. I am tempted to grab another, and another, before dashing to the loo to purge. Stilling myself, I engage rationally with my feelings and man
It’s good to talk, and at the moment there’s a lot of talk about mental health and, in particular, about the mental health of young people. I’m thinking, of course, of Theresa May’s recent speech, in which she announced a government green paper on childr
A report by anti-abortion campaigners in Northern Ireland has claimed that 100,000 people were born in the region because the 1967 Abortion Act was never extended to the province. The Both Lives Matter report published on Wednesday comes as the former ju
The actor Jamie King’s son died when staff at an NHS hospital decided to delay his delivery and sent his mother home, a coroner has said. Benjamin King died from severe brain damage five days after being born in an emergency caesarean section at the Roya
We write to you as 45 former directors of social services with many decades of senior management experience behind us, to express our grave concerns about the current underfunding of adult social care services. Not a day goes by without well-informed gro
Naomi Elster writes: “There isn’t currently any strong evidence that eating too much red meat causes cancer”, before noting that Cancer Research UK is a “reliable source … for advice and support” (The truth about cancer diets, G2, 16 January). However, r
It’s the most important, meaningful and – for many – anxiety-provoking day of your life. You’re going to experience the rare privilege of being at the centre of the action as a new life begins. Added to this, you may well be naked and somewhat indisposed
The rate of abortion in the US reached a lower level in 2014 than in any other year since the procedure first became legal, a study has found, a decline that appears to be due to the widespread use of contraception producing a drop in unintended pregnanc
Hospitals and GP surgeries have always had a symbiotic relationship and the hospital crisis this winter has had a significant impact on the way that we are able to offer care to patients in the community. In our practice, demand has not changed significa
In the remote western plains of Texas, the Midland-Odessa region is separated from the nearest major city by hours of open road. So when the Planned Parenthood clinic in Midland closed down in late 2013 – a casualty of legislative cuts that targeted Plan
In 2015 I left the UK to provide humanitarian medical care to a refugee camp stuck in the midst of a civil war. The camp’s population quadrupled in the space of four months while I was there and the onset of the rainy season led to a demand for care that
In less than 12 months, two prime ministers have chosen to start their year with major speeches about mental health, committing themselves and their governments to a transformation of the mental health landscape. But as so many of the statistics and pers
A chronic shortage of midwives across the UK means women in labour are left feeling unsafe and frightened or as if they are being treated “like cattle” or “on a conveyor belt”, a new report has found. In a study of 2,500 women who have given birth since
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar