News from Guardian
Top story: ‘What’s been going on?’ says Obama Good morning, it’s Warren Murray getting you up to speed. The previous POTUS has briefly returned to the limelight, making an appearance at the University of Chicago in which he asked: “So, uh, what’s been go
Audio 1 Click on the audio buttons to hear the discussion between the Guardian Australia picture editor, Jonny Weeks, the Guardian Australia photographer, Mike Bowers, the senior curator of photography at the National Gallery of Australia, Shaune Lakin,
Top story: Relief in Europe as Macron secures lead over Le Pen Good morning, this is Bonnie Malkin bringing you a first look at the news you need to start the week. The first round of the French election is over and – as the polls predicted – independent
Beer and Breakfast The 12.15 kick-off meant that it was an earlier start than usual on Teesside. Hit the Bar opened from 10am to serve drinks and breakfast to fans from both sides. Carli McNaught, below, who opened the venue with her partner Dan Stanwick
Less invasions, more equations! Expect some hilarious signs and chants at tomorrow’s March for Science, as tens of thousands of proud nerds flood the National Mall in Washington DC in a passionate defense of science. One catchy chant floating on social m
Top story: attack in Paris is ‘terrorist in nature’ Hello again, Warren Murray with your first look at today’s main stories. A shooting described by French authorities as “terrorist in nature” claimed the life of a policeman on the Champs Élysées in Pari
In the half light on a quiet street on the edge of west Philadelphia, Kristal Bush shut her front door and hustled down her stone steps. She crossed the street and pulled her slim frame into the driver’s seat of her shiny, black 12-passenger Sprinter van
Top story: Election campaign snaps into action Hello – it’s Warren Murray digesting the news for you this morning. Jeremy Corbyn will today seek to make the election about anything but Brexit as he positions Labour outside the “cosy cartel” of British po
Like most serious political reporters, Olivier Faye, of Le Monde, professes little desire to please the people he writes about, and even less expectation that he will. This equanimity has been of particular use in his current assignment covering the Fron
Top story: PM seeks a blank cheque on Brexit with early election Hello, Warren Murray here with the news you need to get started. This wasn’t part of the plan. Theresa May has done an about-face to end them all, calling a snap election in which she will
Autumn There is no cinema in Sumte. There are no general stores, no pubs, gyms, cafes, markets, schools, doctors, florists, auto shops or libraries. There are no playgrounds. Some roads are paved, but others scarcely distinguish themselves from the scrub
Top story: Trump strikes different tone on Turkish referendum Good morning, this is Claire Phipps bringing you Tuesday’s top stories. While European leaders reacted with wariness to the – slim and contested – referendum result that has gifted sweeping ne
“In a country town we need to all work together, know each other,” says Tamworth resident and refugee advocate Eddie Whitham. “We need to find a common ground. It’s not going to work if we have isolated people. We want to make our town work. The hope is
- 07:24 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho threatens to play Reserves...
- 07:23 Thierry Henry: Tottenham must copy Chelsea to have power shift over...
- 07:23 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:22 Tour de Yorkshire 2017: Photos and videos from Stage 3
- 07:21 Council starts fining people £100 for walking more than four dogs...
- 07:21 Jamie Redknapp: Antonio Conte is lucky to have this Chelsea duo
- 07:20 Broken-down tram causing delays to all services
- 07:20 DRIVER ALERT: Mobile speed camera sites across North Lincolnshire...
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...
- 07:06 Arsene Wenger praises Arsenal star despite loss to Tottenham
- 07:05 Teenage thugs spared jail for vicious gang attack on cyclist in Derby