News from Grimsby Telegraph
POLICE officers have interviewed a woman whi was assaulted on her way into work in Grimsby to find out more details. Enquiries are continuing into the assault which happened at around 6am, on Tuesday. The 44-year-old woman was reportedly assaulted but no
GRIMSBY MP Melanie Onn has slammed the US firm Concentrix for wrongly stopping payments of child tax credits and working tax credits to tens of thousands of people, and called for them to be prevented from bidding for government contracts in the future.
A Grimsby man is hosting a two-day charity event to help raise funds for a couple who were given the devastating news their unborn daughter may not survive after being diagnosed with a life-threatening heart condition in the womb. As reported, Kayley New
GRIMSBY Town director John Fenty is adamant that no official approach has yet been made to Grimsby Town by Shrewsbury in regards to manager Paul Hurst. Reports this morning suggest the Shropshire club have made an approach to the Mariners for the service
A staggering 98 per cent of packed lunches are unhealthy, according to one study. But while the biggest culprits, according to the research by the University of Leeds, included crisps, sugary drinks, sweets and chocolate bars, teachers have been sharing
Police officers and PCSOs will soon be hopping aboard buses as part of a move to make front-line staff more visible. A suggestion that the move was down to a shortage of vehicles available to officers has been quashed by Humberside Police. The Community
North East Lincolnshire has the least competitive bus services in the country - with Stagecoach having an astonishing 99.6% market share. New figures released by the Department for Transport show there are a total of five operators in the county. But the
A CAMPAIGN opposing plans for a new supermarket, pub and up to 70 homes in Barton has been launched. Barton Civic Society and members of the town council want to "save Top Field from development" and are calling for people to sign a petition...
It's been a typical autumnal week for the weather, but it's coming up to the weekend, so what does it have in store? Looks like a pleasant weekend for a trip outdoors. Forecasters say there will be sunny intervals, but don't forget your waterproofs as th
A GRIMSBY man caused £3,000 worth of damage to one of the town's McDonald's restaurants – while on bail for burgling his own neighbour. Adam Hunt, 18, of Wellington Street, Grimsby, was locked up for two-and-a-half years after admitting two offences of b
THE OWNER of Grimsby's newest beauty salon is hoping to raise a few eyebrows in her first ever business venture by showcasing a "unique" makeover skill. Shabana's Brow Lounge is one of the latest businesses to open its doors in the town,...
A COUPLE lured a vulnerable autistic man to a house under false pretences and forced him to hand over £15 – just so they could buy some cannabis. Aaron Hunt, 20, of Sutcliffe Avenue, Grimsby, and Molly Hawkins, 19, formerly of Hainton Avenue, Grimsby, to
CAN you help make Christmas a little happier for a child in need? An appeal has been launched for food and toy donations by local organisation Christian Action Resource Enterprises – also known as Care. Housing and community support manager Kim Ward expl
HE'S behind you! Panto fever struck when the cast of the Grimsby Auditorium's magical family panto Aladdin got together for the photo shoot. Joining the previously announced Coronation Street bad boy Nigel Pivaro as Abanazar are Phil Hoyles as Widow Twan
A CAMPAIGNER on Grimsby West Marsh has called for a public inquiry into the length of time it has taken to develop a controversial plot of land. Chairman of The Friends of the Freshney, Keith Watkin complained the former Macaulay Lane tip site had remain
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth
- 15:46 Diego Costa vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Battle of the Premier...
- 15:45 Chelsea Team News: Antonio Conte to make late call over star duo...
- 15:45 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:44 Rangers and Celtic fans clash over semi final but agree on one...
- 15:44 Manchester United winger Lingard reveals area he can improve
- 15:43 Revealed: Which area of South Tyneside is the borough's fast food...
- 15:43 Man dies from injuries sustained in car crash at Corby Glen
- 15:43 Teaching assistants vote to strike
- 15:42 Nissan set to decide whether Sunderland plant will build new Qashqai
- 15:42 Man who raped his daughter jailed for just 60 days
- 15:42 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists 'it will be Sergio...
- 15:42 Annual prizegivings at Spalding High School
- 15:41 Services restored after cyber attack hits websites including...
- 15:41 Chester students revel in fun Grosvenor Shopping Centre event
- 15:41 Papal summer residence, shunned by Francis, opened to public