News from Grantham Journal
Pupils of The Bythams Primary School have shown they have truly big hearts by fully organising a fund-raiser for the Britsh Heart Foundation (BHF). As part of their learning about the heart and circulatory system, children in Years 5 and 6 were set a cha
Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime. Most common was
Firefighters were called to a house fire in Swinstead this morning (Monday), just after 8.30am. Crews from Grantham, Bourne and Stamford were called to the fire on New Estate – one crew remains on scene, according to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. No furt
A Grantham-based lettings agency has just scooped four national gold awards based on customer reviews and ratings. Belvoir Grantham, based in St Peter’s Hill, has won the top honours for customer experience in the allAgents awards 2016. It was named best
A body was found at Bingham Industrial Estate on Sunday. Emergency services were called to the scene in the afternoon, where they found the body of a man. A spokesman for Nottinghamshire Police said: “Officers were called to Moorebridge Road East, Bingha
Grantham’s French market has been hailed another success following its return to the town earlier this month. Both consumers and traders gave positive feedback to the French food, fashion and goods that were on sale at the town’s Saturday market on Octob
If you want to see a Halloween spectacular on Monday, head to East Avenue in Grantham and follow the screams. This will be the 20th year that Geoff Copus-Read decorates his garden for Halloween, for the enjoyment of the Grantham community. In previous ye
Over £300,000 of community funding has been earmarked for a variety of organisations and groups that help people manage their mental health problems across Lincolnshire. The beneficiaries all belong to the county’s Managed Care Network, a collection of c
Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue has provided safety advice to the public after attending a chimney fire in Dunston, near Metheringham, yesterday evening (Sunday). Fire fighters were called to the scene in Lincoln Road, Dunston, at 5.55pm on Sunday...
Grantham Samaritans would like to thank the people of Grantham who donated so generously on Saturday. Our thanks go also to ASDA Superstore for allowing us to hold a cash collection on their premises. The £475 raised will help us to continue offering emo
A couple who work for the same company have got married. Amy-Jane Ballaam, daughter of Terry and Jane Ballaam, of Belton Lane, Grantham, and Samuel Marsden, son of Amanda and Neil Marsden, of Bingham, were married at Nottingham City Hall. The couple held
After recently being a patient in Grantham Hospital recovering from a serious illness I have nothing but praise for the hospital and would like to thank staff for the care and expertise I received. After an initial timed appointment at the GP walk in cen
The Woodland Trust has thousands of free tree packs to give away to schools and community groups. It is part of the Grantham-based charity’s scheme to increase the number of trees across the UK, with 3,250 tree packs for schools and communities for plant
Pupils at Barrowby Primary School have raised money for a local charity which helps the homeless. The pupils raised £182.50 from a Harvest Festival ‘farmers’ market’ and this was donated to Grantham Passage. Parents were asked to provide fresh produce as
Last Monday (October 10) Channel Four broadcast a Dispatches documentary entitled Britain’s Wealth Gap, which made a very important point that life for today’s 20 and 30 year old is considerably harder than it was just one generation ago. It suggested th
- 00:41 England star Ben Stokes hails 'most satisfying performance of my...
- 00:40 West Brom scouting report: The lowdown on Tony Pulis' latest trialist
- 00:38 You Spin Me Round singer Pete Burns dies
- 00:38 Government to announce winner of airport expansion decision
- 00:38 More migrants set to leave Calais refugee camp
- 00:38 More visible female role models could help improve workplace equality
- 00:38 Social media users 'finally waking up' to cyber attack threats,...
- 00:38 Market volatility after Brexit vote stifling interest in IPOs
- 00:38 NHS England's £130m radiotherapy update 'will change face of cancer...
- 00:37 Gadgets in decline as R&D shifts to software and services - study
- 00:37 Derby sees biggest fall in number of open shops in East Midlands,...
- 00:37 Natasha Annie Tonthola: My fight against Malawi's 'hyenas'
- 00:35 Social media users 'finally waking up' to cyber attack threats,...
- 00:35 More migrants set to leave Calais refugee camp
- 00:35 You Spin Me Round singer Pete Burns dies
- 00:35 Study urges action on women drinkers
- 00:35 Be honest, offer obese patients weight loss help, GPs told
- 00:35 Government to announce winner of airport expansion decision
- 00:35 Women 'nearing equality with men - in alcohol consumption'
- 00:33 Secrets of an A-list body: We reveal how to get Sienna Miller's...
- 00:33 Blame wine o'clock! Women now drink nearly as much as men as the...
- 00:33 Statins 'help heart operation patients live longer': Medication can...
- 00:33 Struggling with blisters or poor circulation? We reveal the 5 best...
- 00:32 Be honest, offer obese patients weight loss help, GPs told
- 00:30 Police chase drama as officers swoop on delivery van forcing M8 to...
- 00:30 Heading a football can have 'significant' effect on how a...
- 00:30 History group Scottish Knights Templar hit out at rival body over...
- 00:30 Author Val McDermid gets married to long-term partner Jo Sharp
- 00:29 Jurgen Klopp: How I deal with players who aren't good enough for...
- 00:27 Update your Apple gadgets now! Firm fixes bug that let hackers take...