News from Grantham Journal
It has been a busy time for generous, caring and charitable pupils at the Priory Ruskin Academy. Students collected more than 50 shoeboxes as part of the Rotary Shoebox Appeal 2016. This year’s collection was organised in line with tutor groups and the b
Sir William Robertson Academy at Welbourn received an unexpected visit from Nick Gibb MP, the Minister for School Standards accompanied by the Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Sleaford and North Hykeham, Dr Caroline Johnson. Mr Gibb spent conside
UKIP is wheeling out its big guns with newly elected national leader Paul Nuttall speaking in Sleaford today (Saturday) and former leader Nigel Farage due to arrive on Monday. Former teacher Mr Nuttall met shoppers in Market Place today and described thi
Two more party leaders will be in the area over the next few days ahead of Thursday’s Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election. Jonathan Bartley, co-leader of the Green Party for England and Wales, will be in Grantham and the Sleaford and North Hykeham con
The mother of a toddler says a play area near her home is so filthy and covered in litter young children cannot use it. Karolina Klimiuk lives on Springfield Road and her daughter, who will be two in January, likes to play in the play area. But she says
The man in charge of the Environment Agency has praised a project near Grantham which has seen wildlife habitat restored and flood relief improved. Chief executive Sir James Bevan visited Grange Farm at Stoke Rochford and saw how the scheme will improve
The Civic Society has had a good year with membership increasing to 161 and 187 people signed into our Facebook page. The society’s motto is ‘Preserve the good in the old; encourage the good in the new’ and its aims are to: Ensure the town’s remaining fi
Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron says closure of Grantham A&E overnight is “absolutely outrageous”
Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron visited Grantham this afternoon a day after his party’s triumphant victory in the Richmond Park by-election. Mr Farron visited Grantham hospital on his way to the Sleaford and North Hykeham constituency where his party
Police closed a road in Grantham this evening while they dealt with an incident at a town home. Officers cordoned off a section of Avenue Road after reports of a man refusing to come down from a first floor balcony. It is understood the incident began at
The deadline for a poetry competition on the theme of the A&E closure at Grantham has been extended, with the addition of a prize of an M&S Christmas hamper. The deadline is midnight on Monday, December 5. Enter the competition and your name...
A brewery in Grantham has doubled its daily production of beer after completing a major expansion of its facilities. Brewster’s Brewery, in Burnside Close, Turnpike, has just taken delivery of three new fermentation vessels that top off a year long upgra
Fares on trains serving the Sleaford area are set to rise by 1.5 per cent in the new year, it has been announced today (Friday). Fares on East Midlands Trains will rise by on average by 1.5 per cent (23p per average single journey) from January 2 as part
Britain’s Got Talent will be coming to Lincolnshire next week for a day of open auditions. The Britain’s Got Talent team will be at Waterside Shopping Centre in Lincoln next Friday (December 9) from 11am- 3pm. The auditions are open to anyone. No need to
Waste collections will take place a day later for all residents over the festive period in South Kesteven. This means there will be no bin collections on Boxing Day, Monday December 26 or Monday January 2 and all collections will be 24 hours later than n
The benefits of an aspirin a day really do outweigh the risks, according to new research. Although regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence these are fatal, say scientists. But a daily pill
- 17:38 Norway government wins backing for 2017 budget, prevents collapse
- 17:37 Mysterious figure dubbed the 'Ruskington Horror' spotted near Sleaford
- 17:37 The picture postcard views of Lincoln Christmas Market
- 17:36 80 homes heading to old Harvestime Bakery site
- 17:36 West Bromwich postcode strikes gold with £3 million lottery prize
- 17:35 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not ‘100 per...
- 17:33 Church of England jumped on 'middle-class Brexit bandwagon', bishop...
- 17:30 Meet the prolific fundraiser donating 60 hampers to deserving...
- 17:26 West Ham v Arsenal: Live Premier League scores and updates from the...
- 17:26 Rutland leads the way with mental health care project for young people
- 17:26 Share views on post-16 transport in Rutland
- 17:24 Road in Leicestershire closed due to serious collision
- 17:24 Brave Bradley Lowery wishes supporters a Merry Christmas as he...
- 17:24 Cousin remembers 'angel' Paige Collier with touching tribute
- 17:23 12 ways being a student ruins Christmas
- 17:22 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to reach third final
- 17:22 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' last-minute header rescues...
- 17:21 Launch of new independent womenswear shop in Harrogate
- 17:20 Will you marry Smee? Actor pops the question at Mansfield's pantomime
- 17:20 Pep Guardiola concedes Chelsea’s Antonio Conte won the tactical...
- 17:20 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Late Sergio Ramos goal cancels Luis...
- 17:19 Man City v Chelsea chaos: Howard Webb speaks out on Sergio Aguero...
- 17:18 Police advise youngsters on how to stay safe
- 17:18 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 17:17 Strictly Ballroom is another notch for young actor
- 17:17 On-the-whistle analysis: Burton Albion 2 -1 Rotherham United
- 17:14 England 37-21 Australia PLAYER RATINGS: Ben Youngs the star of the...
- 17:14 Tottenham 5-0 Swansea: Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen both score...
- 17:14 Crystal Palace 3-0 Southampton: A birthday brace for Christian...
- 17:14 Stoke 2-0 Burnley: Marc Muniesa and Jonathan Walters strike to seal...