News from Grantham Journal
Two firefighters are taking on a gruelling 36-hour challenge to raise money for disabled and terminally ill children. Grantham-based Clive Baillie, 53, and Kyle Campbell, 43, will be tackling the three peaks challenge to raise £10,000 for Newlife, the Ch
Police say a mother and her two young sons missing since Monday could be in Lincolnshire. Officers are concerned for the welfare of 42-year-old Samantha Baldwin, who was last seen near Nottingham City Centre on Monday. and her children, nine-year-old Lou
The Priory Ruskin Academy raised more than £700 for Comic relief on Friday. The day was coordinated by Knight House, who sold red noses, ran a cake sale and challenged tutor groups to fill as many smarties tubes as possible with 20p coins. The school gav
A talented Lincolnshire cricketer who caused a “deeply unpleasant” eye injury to a teammate when he threw a table across the living room of their club flat was sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment. Adam Shepherd, 25, left a 21-year-old Grantham teammate
More than 60 former students of Kesteven and Grantham Girls’ School will see each other, some for the first time in more than 40 years, when they gather for a special reunion next month. The women will reunite on April 8 in the year they turn 60. They at
Staff at TK Maxx in Grantham have raised a total of £4,800 for Comic Relief. They have been cycling ‘around the world’ in fancy dress at the store at weekends and the store has sold merchandise. Staff also took part in a quiz at The Beehive pub which rai
Easton Walled Gardens has won the Highly Commended award for the Hidden Gem category at the 2017 Hudson’s Heritage Awards. The ancient 12 acre garden has been restored over the past 16 years from a wilderness into one of the UK’s leading garden attractio
A mum-of-two has won an award after her idea to collect toiletries for homelessness charities was rolled out across all Lincolnshire Co-op pharmacies. Cordelia Snowball, a trainee dispensing assistant at Grantham Pharmacy in Winchester Road, won a silver
Saving the life of a boy critically injured in a devastating car crash was reward enough for a Barrowby hero – but he is still ‘honoured’ to be given a national life-saving award for his actions. Charles Douse, along with Norfolk nurses Nicola King and E
Pupils were delighted to see their teachers get gunged on Red Nose Day. The youngsters at Isaac Newton Primary School in Grantham saw buckets of disgusting gunge poured over teachers in a special assembly for Comic Relief. See it all happen on our video
A motorcyclist fom Grantham has been seriously injured in a collision on the A153 near Ruskington. The collision happened at Speedway Corner at 5.20pm on Saturday and involved a Honda motorbike and a BMW car. The 29-year-old motorcyclist was airlifted to
A couple who run a Grantham fish and chip shop have opened their first restaurant in the High Street serving a wide variety of dishes. David and Allison Wells opened the doors of Wellington’s Kitchen and Bar last week and serve traditional British dishes
Rotary clubs have donated money to help buy mosquito nets to protect children in Kenya. Inner Wheel District International Service Chairman Pam Metcalf received donations from Neville Thompson, President of the Rotary Club of Grantham, and David Holmes,
Colsterworth WI is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year and to mark the milestone members planted 1,000 crocus bulbs which have since bloomed to spell out WI 1917-2017. The group was the first in the Lincolnshire South Federation. It will also mar
You recently printed an article in which someone suggested that local residents should contact Lincolnshire highways to report potholes where of concern. Laugh? I was almost in tears – of frustration – with these pampered officials! Is it not beyond some
- 18:10 Retired vicar to wed male model 54 years his junior
- 18:10 Schoolchildren donate flag after Union Jack stolen from Bomber...
- 18:10 Return of council’s big clean-up programme
- 18:09 Wirral community rocked as "best buddy" pays tribute to alleged...
- 18:09 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash
- 18:08 Weaverham plumber to run London Marathon in tribute to veteran...
- 18:08 Ex-Corrie star from Cuddington lands role in Hollyoaks
- 18:08 Head teacher in training for 32.6-mile walk to work
- 18:07 Paul Scholes: This is what I think of Manchester United’s top four...
- 18:07 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil makes shock transfer revelation: Manchester...
- 18:07 Formula 1 2017 schedule: When are the Grand Prix races? Latest...
- 18:06 Liverpool favourites to snap up Arsenal star
- 18:06 Nick Cushing: Carli Lloyd has taken Manchester City Women to...
- 18:05 See stunning new pictures of Birmingham's rapidly changing skyline
- 18:05 How Town Hall & Symphony Hall CEO has inspired staff to enter 10K
- 18:05 See inside Sutton Coldfield's chic new restaurant Bistrot Pierre
- 18:05 The one pound coins worth more money - some are worth up to £250
- 18:05 Revealed: These are the most common jobs in the West Midlands
- 18:05 See timelapse footage and aerial shots as work completes on New...
- 18:05 Exciting finds of Iron Age chariot and horse skeletons found at...
- 18:05 Luxury watch brand to open at Merry Hill
- 18:05 It's unfair for Hull City fans to boo West Ham's Robert Snodgrass...
- 18:05 Successful Furness technology exhibition is an international affair
- 18:05 Is THIS the world’s BEST job? Lucky candidate will earn £24,000 to...
- 18:04 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash
- 18:04 Dame Joan Collins won’t bow out, but many don’t have a choice
- 18:03 River Tyne booze cruise defended by organiser, who still thinks it...
- 18:03 See moment shopkeeper grapples with hooded drug addict wielding...
- 18:00 Jet2.com cheap flights from Birmingham Airport - here's where you...
- 18:00 Sam Johnstone reveals his big hope for Aston Villa and explains...