News from Garstang Courier
0 Have your say Lancashire MEP Paul Nuttall today has announced he is standing for the leadership of UKIP – and believes he can unite the troubled party. Mr Nuttall said: “Having spent six years as deputy leader and previously been chairman, I believe I
0 Have your say BEWARE! A weekend of ghoulish fun is ahead - take part at your peril. The aptly named Boo Fest takes place at Botany Bay on Friday October 28 until Monday October 31, inviting children to join in spooky activities, including a pumpkin hun
0 Have your say Teenager Jessica Basquill has a year with a difference lined up over the next 12 months. Jessica, 16, of North Albion Street, Fleetwood, has been appointed the Wyre Youth Mayor and will soon be attending her first public engagements. The
0 Have your say Residents whose homes have been flooded or threatened with rising flood water from the River Wyre are being urged to support a new action group. Garstang Flood Action Group is to be launched on Monday, October 31, in the wake of floods wh
0 Have your say Independent group Healthwatch Lancashire has launched an investigation into the access to dentists given to care home residents across the county. It said it was acting after visits to 31 care homes since last October showed ‘difficulties
We might get up at the crack of dawn for a jog to get in shape but we would get more benefit working up a sweat at lunchtime, a new study suggests. And the findings could also lead to better diabetic treatments. Muscles have circadian or body clocks that
Brits will spend nearly eight years of their lives doing household chores, a study has found. Cleaning, ironing, food shop shopping and even walking the dog means the average adult spends just under three hours a day on domestic tasks. This amounts to 20
A schoolboy who went missing has been traced. Maklaine Bottomley, nine, was last seen at 3.15pm on Thursday on Webster Street, Ashton. Police appealed for help in finding him but confirmed he was found safe and well at an address in Preston on Friday aft
A prison officer collected a convict’s sperm in a syringe while having an affair with him behind bars, a court heard. Chorley grandmother Alison Sharples, 46, denies misconduct in a public office by having an inappropriate relationship with an inmate whi
0 Have your say Police are “ever more concerned” about a missing nine-year-old boy. Maklaine Bottomley was last seen at 3.15pm on Thursday, October 20 on Webster Street, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston by his foster parent. It is believed that Maklaine was ret
0 Have your say Brian May and Kerry Ellis have had to pull out of their December concert dates in the UK, due to "a persistent illness." The pair were to perform 11 Candlelight Concerts in the three weeks leading up to Christmas, including...
0 Have your say Nintendo has revealed details of its forthcoming Nintendo Switch games console, as the company eyes a return to its former greatness. The Switch combines a traditional static console with a portable handheld unit and detachable controller
1 Have your say It's almost that time - don't get caught out. The lighter nights officially come to an end on Sunday October 30 when the clocks go back an hour, finally seeing off British Summer Time (BST). Greenwich Mean Time kicks at 2am, when the cloc
It’s that time of year again when households across the borough are plagued by rats. Falling temperatures attract them into our homes - via the tiniest of gaps in a wall or roof space. Rotting left-overs or half-empty food containers will attract a numbe
0 Have your say An annual tennis tournament attracting players from across the Ribble and Fylde has served St Catherine’s another ace after raising £800 for the hospice. This latest donation from the Preston Veterans Tennis Tournament takes the total rai
- 21:23 Leicester 27-17 Racing 92: Freddie Burns inspires the Tigers to...
- 21:23 Andy Murray misses out on £204,000 jackpot as Dominic Thiem wins...
- 21:22 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:22 What did Jose Mourinho say to Antonio Conte? Man United boss...
- 21:22 Everyone should read this woman’s devastating post about...
- 21:22 Chester MP: 'I have not always had full confidence in Jeremy Corbyn'
- 21:21 Ten places to go for a Christmas party in Derby
- 21:19 Staffordshire Police first force in UK to be awarded accolade for...
- 21:15 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:15 Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies aged 93 after short illness
- 21:14 Tragedy as little girl who lived life with a smile dies just three...
- 21:07 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:03 Police arrest 18 Old Firm fans after Hampden derby clash
- 21:03 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:02 Is Pochettino regretting letting him go? Spurs loanee scores a belter
- 21:01 Mum of teenager viciously attacked in city centre launches appeal...
- 21:00 Saudi King, Venezuelan president discuss oil market stability
- 21:00 Greek PPC confirms two bids for stake in power grid operator ADMIE
- 21:00 Rockwell Collins buys B/E Aerospace for $62 per share
- 20:58 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 20:57 Dai Young praises Wasps hero Jimmy Gopperth after Toulouse late show
- 20:56 Mobile phone policy crackdown at Derby school after cyberbullying...
- 20:53 Desperate woman to auction off VIRGINITY for £325k after family...
- 20:52 Northolt armed stand-off ends as police enter house
- 20:52 Toulouse 20-20 Wasps: Nathan Hughes scores last-gasp try to rescue...
- 20:47 Battle for Mosul: 'Mad Max' suicide squads are blown to oblivion on...
- 20:43 Manchester City fan claims he never wanted Pep Guardiola following...
- 20:42 Georgie the cat escaped death by millimetres after she was shot...
- 20:35 Tributes to popular Aberystwyth father-of-three who died in Spain
- 20:35 Indonesian lorises 'saved from sale on Facebook'