News from Garstang Courier
Lancashire’s retiring Chief Constable Steve Finnigan has been appointed a Deputy Lieutenant of Lancashire. The announcement comes as the officer, who is a CBE and holds the Queen’s Police Medal, prepares to bow out from his top Constabulary job on June 2
A day-long dance-a-thon saw dozens of children help to raise money to fight against child cruelty. It saw more than 180 sponsored students at Garstang Saint Thomas’ CE Primary School take turns to dance throughout the six hour school day. The multi-colou
It is a universal message of hope - a symbol for raising awareness of all forms of cancer. And the sea of yellow ribbons tied in the grounds of St Catherine’s Hospice in Lostock Hall remember hundreds of loved ones who have been cared for by the charit
Ten police stations across Lancashire could shut their doors to the public from next January in a fresh round of economies. The shock news comes just 10 days after retiring Chief Constable Steve Finnigan spoke out saying cuts to his force had gone too fa
RIBFEST returns to Ribchester this year with a tremendous line-up. After winning Ribble Valley Tourism’s ‘Event of the Year’ award 2016, festival organisers Ribcaged Productions has organised another jam packed week of music and arts, promising something
Consumers are being warned of a fake invoice from BT which aims to install banking malware on their computer. Action Fraud - the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime - has received reports of the scam, which aims to gather personal det
New book tells story of Lancaster officer’s tune held in a notorious Japanese prisoner of war camp. During the Second World War Colonel Cary Owtram OBE was held in Chungkai Japanese Prisoner of War Camp, on the infamous river Kwai. At the time he was 2nd
Social media service Snapchat has introduced a new tracker in its latest update allowing people to see the exact location of their friends. The update allows you to see the exact area, town, street and even house in the street of any user. Some parents g
A Korean martial art, characterized by its emphasis on head-height kicks, jumping and spinning kicks, and fast kicking techniques Why: Martial arts training improves balance, flexibility, stamina, strength and posture. Unlike many other forms of physical
Readers have voted. Here are the top family-friendly pubs in Lancashire. To view the results click here /where-are-the-best-family-friendly-pubs-in-lancashire-1-8603644 NEXT WEEK: Lancashire recommends... picnic spots. Any recommendations? Email natalie.
“If you are expecting a big party, you will get a big party.” Hayseed Dixie promise to be all things to the people of Preston as the four-piece band perform at Guild Hall on Wednesday July 5. Lead singer John Wheeler says: “Every person has expectations
We are living in troubled times and there is certainly a sombre national mood as, at the time of writing, we wake to yet another atrocity in London. What has been able to lift your spirits amongst the darkness? For me, it has been recent contact with you
The three companies which will bid to run trains on the West Coast Mainline have been announced today. The winning company will be responsible for services on the West Coast Main Line from April 2019 and will design and run the initial HS2 high speed ser
The co-creator of the Guild Wheel has called on cyclists and motorists to show more respect for each other after he was injured in a “road rage” confrontation. Peter Ward, 83, suffered bruising to his back and hips when he was thrown onto the bonnet of a
Lancashire motorists have been warned that completion of the long awaited Broughton by-pass will be delayed until early 2018. Lancashire County Council admitted today that the road on the outskirts of Preston will now open several months later than plann
- 18:34 EastEnders spoilers: What is Derek Harkinsin’s crime secret from...
- 18:34 Games Inbox: Mini SNES value for money, PlayStation Move...
- 18:34 Facebook hits 2 billion user mark
- 18:34 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 18:34 Charity hopes for bumper boost from annual Festival
- 18:34 Boy writes heartbreaking note on Asda toy after his mum couldn't...
- 18:34 Obituary: Paul William Schmitt
- 18:33 Sheffield man who downloaded child pornography images involving...
- 18:33 Prince Harry to visit Leeds
- 18:33 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 18:31 Green scheme savings fund air ambulance
- 18:30 Flood warnings and alerts issued for Bridlington, Scarborough and...
- 18:30 Colne Valley MP criticises school targets
- 18:28 AstraZeneca cancer drug trial prompts investors to take options cover
- 18:26 Derby benefits cheat who said she was 'virtually unable to walk'...
- 18:26 Cake maker Harry Gowdy jailed for sex attacks on girl under 13
- 18:25 Kingsway Academy faces closure due to spiralling PFI payments
- 18:25 Steelworks homes plans given go-ahead by council
- 18:25 Hucknall school receives a good Ofsted rating after being told they...
- 18:24 Hammond warns "petty politics" threaten good Brexit deal
- 18:23 Flying this summer? THIS airport is the worst for flight delays in...
- 18:23 Joe Miller apologises to Linfield over claims he was targeted by...
- 18:23 Police issue new warning over potentially lethal 'laughing gas' craze
- 18:22 Italian business chiefs plead for 'soft' Brexit as they fear impact...
- 18:22 British tourists in violent brawl at Faro Airport as Portugal...
- 18:22 Help name Lancashire Police’ new horse
- 18:21 Israel's Mossad sets up fund to acquire new spy techniques
- 18:21 Bar bans Grenfell Tower event because music ‘would attract poor...
- 18:20 ECHO Schools Awards 2017 winners revealed at glittering ceremony
- 18:19 London drivers face £80 fine if they leave their cars idling in...