News from Garstang Courier
Readers have voted - here are the top charity shops in Lancashire Day of Sunshine, Lytham St Annes Day of Sunshine, in St Annes Road West, topped our online poll. The shop sells fashionable clothing, toys, and household items. The charity, which launched
As three of the ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers announce price hikes, experts are reminding householders of small changes that can help slash how much they spend on gas and electricity. Scottish Power are raising their standard electricity prices by 15 per ce
Meditation is a means of transforming the mind. Buddhist meditation practices are techniques that encourage and develop concentration, clarity, emotional positivity, and a calm seeing of the true nature of things. Why: There are many things in life that
Government and National Health Service bosses must plug a multi-billion pound funding gap in the NHS budget. Following explosive reports this week on the plans that could alter the course of the NHS in England, we’ve summarised everything you need to kno
Anteros may have fulfilled one of the items on their bucket list by performing at the Alexandra Palace, but the unstoppable foursome have plenty more goals to enjoy, including an evening in Preston. Anteros may have fulfilled one of the items on their bu
A crack team of leak detectives has tracked down and plugged more 18,000 hidden pipe leaks in the North West over the past 12 months - thanks to a device that has been used since the Victorian era. The 140 strong team from United Utilities saved an avera
An advisory service in the North West for people with Huntington’s disease can continue to take new referrals thanks to a £30,000 grant from Lancashire Freemasons. The Huntington’s Disease Association’s specialist advisory service is delivered by experts
Police have issued a warning to Lancashire drivers about hogging the middle lane on motorways. North West Motorway Police have reminded drivers that it is an offence to drive slowly in the middle lane and can result in a £100 on-the-spot fine. It comes a
A Preesall town councillor has been found to have breached code of conduct rules after making a series of unsubstantiated claims about a “missing” council bank account allegedly containing £2,000. Coun Pat Greenhough, co-opted to the Preesall Town Counci
The Government has named and shamed 360 businesses for underpaying thousands of workers a total of almost £1m. There were six Lancashire businesses exposed including: Glover’s Bakery, Bamber Bridge (£11,320.33 to two workers) - 16th on the list; Mrs Eliz
Recently a seven month old baby died after an eventful short life. Although spending a lot of time in hospital for heart operations, nevertheless there had been some joyful times at home and opportunities for real bonding. In writing to someone close to
An iconic Preston landmark which has seen better times is to be auctioned with an asking price of £135,000 plus. The winds of change have not been kind to Craggs Mill off Moor Lane - the city’s only remaining windmill. Back in 2008 the Post reported how
Garstang and Over Wyre Police are appealing for help in identifying a man who may be a witness to a three-vehicle road traffic collision. The incident occurred in Head Dyke Lane, Pilling, on November 17. The male left the scene before officers were able
Coming out of the armed forces can be a lonely and tricky place. As some veterans feel lost and even contemplate taking their own life, military charity SSAFA provides practical and emotional support for those who feel they have no way out. Natalie Walke
A call has gone out to reunite former pupils of a now closed Preston city school as they celebrate their 60th birthdays. A reunion event has been organised for students of Winckley Square Convent Senior School, who joined the main school in 1968 or the s
- 16:57 Martin Bell and Nina Stibbe among big names at De Montfort...
- 16:57 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga rallies to brush aside David Goffin at the...
- 16:57 Jose Mourinho actually applauds quality Blackburn Rovers goal in FA...
- 16:57 'Dark days' for family of missing airman Corrie Mckeague
- 16:55 Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder ‘rekindle romance two years...
- 16:53 MASSIVE drugs raid at Dovegate Prison uncovers £350,000 of drugs,...
- 16:48 Will your club sign Dimitar Berbatov? He's gone on TV and made a...
- 16:48 Garry Monk: I’m happy with Leeds’ point against Ipswich but I’m...
- 16:45 Emergency services attend crash on the A52
- 16:45 Sex offender abused young girls after safeguarding team allowed him...
- 16:43 Chelsea star wasn't phased when Antonio Conte did this - pundit
- 16:42 Cristiano Ronaldo and Angelina Jolie 'to star in Syrian refugee TV...
- 16:42 Midland dad demands popular toy is recalled after it EXPLODED
- 16:41 SpaceX successfully launches rocket after Saturday setback
- 16:39 Lost ring rediscovered after six years in Preston’s Harris
- 16:39 Woman 'found dead at Preston bus station'
- 16:37 It’s D-Day for town markets
- 16:36 Speeders caught doing 100mph on A5 in Shrewsbury
- 16:36 Second independence referendum ‘weeks away’ from being called
- 16:35 TOWIE's Gemma Collins slips into skinny jeans and shirt as she...
- 16:34 Derbyshire fashion firm to create new jobs
- 16:34 UPDATE: ‘Stolen’ road sweeper ‘taken lawfully’ say police
- 16:34 Terror police poised at ski resorts fearing jihadis horror on the...
- 16:33 Concerns as dead horse found behind houses in Stapleford
- 16:32 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce will turn it around given time - says...
- 16:32 Coventry United Ladies 0 Aston Villa Ladies 1: Villans progress in...
- 16:32 Watch: Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola reacts to the QPR...
- 16:31 Watch: Hartlepool community celebrates Chinese New Year
- 16:29 Historic Newcastle city centre building could be set to return to...
- 16:29 Gateshead veterans overjoyed at Prince Harry's visit to mental...