News from Gainsborough Standard
Even tech-savvy Gmail users are falling victim to hackers who steal their login credentials. This is according to a security expert, who notes that increasingly sophisticated phishing techniques are being employed. The statement from Google says: “We adv
Police were called to a Morton food store last night (Tuesday, January 17) after someone attempted to steal the ATM. A vehicle was used to try and take the cash machine at around 10pm however the offenders were unsuccessful. A scene guard has remained at
Parents with children aged three to four year olds can now apply to the council for their school place starting in September 2017. If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 you must apply for their school place now. You can apply
Cloudy and mainly dry for most of the region with light winds, perhaps a few spots of drizzle in places. Mild in the north, but feeling colder in the south with a chance of fog patches first thing. Maximum Temperature 10C. Cloudy and mainly dry with ligh
Thousands of UK holidaymakers are set to be flown home from The Gambia due to growing political unrest. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is warning against "all non-essential travel" to the west African nation due to potential military...
Female cleaners are being sought to clean houses for £45 an hour - on condition they do it in the nude. The requirements are laid out in a job ad from a naturist cleaning firm that wants people to clean houses of naturists up and down the country totally
New tax rules will end up costing motorists hundreds of pounds when they come into force in April. The DVLA’s VED car tax is set for an overhaul that means cars that previously dodged a bill will now be liable. The environmental vehicle excise duty [VED]
Further cutbacks to the children’s ward at Bassetlaw Hospital will see sick youngsters requiring overnight care transferred almost 20 miles away to Doncaster due to “staff shortages”. The Worksop hospital’s Paediatric Ward, known as A3, will be closing t
If you’re going on a winter skiing holiday this year don’t forget to pack your sunscreen! Top tips include: Although it might sound strange, your skin can burn in the snowy ski slopes, leaving you with embarrassing ‘panda eyes’ and a sore red face. The a
We spoke to volunteers at the JOEL hub to find out how the charity is helping parents in Worksop- and across the globe. Here’s what they had to say.
An ejection seat manufacturer has appeared in court charged with a breach of health and safety regulations following the death of a Red Arrows pilot at an airfield near Gainsborough. Flt Lt Sean Cunningham,aged 35, died in November 2011 after he was thro
The new-look Trinity Arts Centre in Gainsborough held its first cinema screening since a major refurbishment. As part of the ongoing improvements to the Grade II-listed building, all 200 seats in the auditorium have been replaced with brand new ones, alo
New research suggests that British men collectively keep more than £465 million of foreign currency stashed away in their bedside table drawers. The study, commissioned by self storage company Space Station, discovered that 56 per cent of British men hoa
North Lincolnshire Council is this week starting demolition work in Church Square, Scunthorpe to make way for the new £3.5m Ongo headquarters office to be built. The office will be located on the corner of Scunthorpe High Street and Trafford Street to pr
Here is the weather for today, Tuesday, January 17. Generally cloudy, with hill fog, and occasional drizzle across the north of the region. Further south sunny spells are likely to develop, but despite the sunshine it will be rather cold everywhere. Maxi
- 18:14 Carer saw man with TV similar to item stolen from Norma Bell
- 18:13 Bayern Munich earmark Chelsea target Marco Verratti as replacement...
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville