News from Gainsborough Standard
A Kirkby takeaway has been closed because of fears for public safety due to poor hygiene, a district judge has ruled. The complaint against Kirkby Balti House, on Kingsway, for a hygiene emergency prohibition order was heard at Mansfield Magistrates Cour
A Gainsborough man has been fined £660 after he was caught driving without an insurance policy. Lance Sewell, 45, of Trent Street, Gainsborough, was also driving without a licence. As well as being fined he was ordered to pay a £66 victim surcharge and £
A Gainsborough man has been jailed for four weeks after he was found in possession of class B drug, amphetamine during a period of a suspended sentence. Mark Allen, 36, of Waterworks Street, Gainsborough, had also stolen gammon joints belonging to Heron
A business based in Sturton by Stow has been revealed as the fastest growing company in Lincolnshire. The East Midlands Top 200 Report produced by Grant Thornton, in conjunction with the CBI, shows that the region’s businesses have grown profits by an av
A banned Sutton youth who was caught with cocaine after police stopped him for urinating in the street tried to flee in a mate’s car, a court heard. Drew Todd drove off in the Citreon C3 after officers indicated they wanted to speak to him, on Stanton Hi
Good morning! Welcome to our Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and fun features to help ease you into your day...
An Edwinstowe man stole clothing from Matalan in a bid to buy food after losing his wallet with all his benefit money, a court heard. Staff at the Sutton store spotted John Shelton concealing £104 of goods, on June 4, said prosecutor Robert Carr. Shelton
A Worksop woman who stole items including a candle and two plastic dogs from two different stores on the same day could not explain why she did it, a court heard. Yelena Radisaljevic was spotted concealing £22 of items in her “bag for life” by security a
A Retford man who parked his car near a farm and got drunk later refused to take a breath test and earned himself ten penalty points, a court heard. Jason Turner was discovered unconscious in his car, which was blocking the entrance to a farm near Blyth,
The following people from the Worksop and Retford areas have recently appeared before the courts. ASSAULT Paul Acornley, 44, of Creswell Road, Worksop. Assaulted a male by beating him. Also had with him in a public place, namely Creswell Road, an offensi
A Rainworth man strangled his terrified girlfriend then dragged her through the house by her hair after a drunken row, a court heard. Guy Pilmore grabbed two handfulls of her hair and pulled her off the sofa, before standing over her and squeezing her by
A Boughton mum was boozed up on vodka when she smashed her ex’s window with a toy wheel after a row about cash, a court heard. Carly Maddock swiped “a fistful of cash” and a mobile phone from the man, who looks after their three children, and ran out of
West Lindsey District Council is cracking down on landlords renting out overcrowding, hazardous and unsafe private accommodation. Council chiefs have outlined their tough stance following routine housing inspections in privately rented homes in Gainsboro
An Isle museum, which attracts visitors from throughout the world, has notched-up its diamond jubilee. It is Epworth’s Old Rectory and this month (June) marks the 60th anniversary of the building having been open to the public, first as a bed and breakfa
An abandoned five-acre site that has lain “dead and dormant” in Worksop for almost a decade could soon be home to a £15m retail park with the potential to reel in 200 jobs. Opus North have earmarked the five-acre site, on Carlton Road, for a “high-qualit
- 08:03 High-achieving apprentice up for recognition at our awards
- 08:03 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 08:02 Mao Kobayashi: Japanese cancer blogger dies at 34
- 08:02 Angry bouncing man rips his shirt off and starts a brawl at Ascot
- 08:01 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Kirklees Council to commemorate mass killing
- 08:01 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling climbs BACK after Theresa...
- 08:00 Mohamed Salah: First snaps of the new Liverpool signing with his...
- 08:00 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:59 Swansong concert for Kinder Children’s Choir’s stalwart musical...
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...