News from Gainsborough Standard
After yesterday’s chaos on the A180 here is a timely reminder to all drivers of the dangers of driving in the winter and especially fog. The first key thing in winter is to SLOW DOWN. Most of the people involved in the recent collisions were travelling t
Brits are being urged to check their new fivers after engraved bank notes worth as much as £50,000 were circulated in a Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway. Tiny portraits of Jane Austen have been added to four of the new £5 notes by talented mic
From Thursday December 8, health and fitness members and booking card holders will be able to book online for group fitness classes and a range of sports hall activities at The Pods. Through North Lincolnshire Council’s online booking portal, members wil
Bosses at Clumber Park are pressing ahead with controversial plans to alter their admissions prices - which will see visitors charged per head rather than per car. Currently families are charged per vehicle, which means they pay £7. But under the new pla
Temperatures are set to hit double digits today - after days of freezing weather. A Met Office spokesman said: "It will be a mild but dull start to the day for the East Midlands, with mist and fog patches slowly clearing in a strengthening...
A former forklift truck driver is hoping his new venture will be a smash hit by charging customers up to £35 to destroy household items with bats and hammers. The bizarre attraction - in a disused church - offers children and adults the chance to take ou
A female driver fed up with jibes about the way women park has filmed a tongue-in-cheek video in response. Anna Draper, 51, became so annoyed at men stopping to watch her park her car in impossibly narrow gaps that she decided to come up with a how-to vi
A motorcyclist was injured after being struck by a hit-and-run driver near Gainsborough. Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision between a green VW and a motorbike just after 7am on Tuesday, December 6 on the A159 into Gainsborough from Blyto
It’s less than three weeks now until Christmas and families everywhere are getting in the festive spirit by decorating their houses. So whether you go loopy with the lights or totally over the top with the tinsel, we want to see your pictures. Share them
Worksop homelessness charity Hope Community Services will benefit from a donation of £140,000 worth of groceries from Lincolnshire Co-op Group. The groceries will be split across 14 homelessness charities in the region, including Hope, which is based on
Police are investigating the use of a stolen credit card to purchase jewellery worth £2,400 in Gainsborough. The card was used by a man at around 1pm on Monday, November 28 to purchase a bangle for £995 and a chain for £1,440 in Barnes and Son in Lord St
The Guardian has teamed up with Darfoulds Nursery in Whitwell to give readers a special offer just in time for the festive season- a beautiful poinsettia plant, worth £2.50. Poinsettias, which are a lustrous red in colour and also come in pink and white,
Police are asking for help as they investigate the theft of a van belonging to Offshore Energy near Gainsborough. Officers believe it was stolen from Welton, driven along Sykes Lane, stripped of its engine on Cowdale Lane, Sturton by Stow, and then towed
An investigation has been launched after a 79-year-old man suffered serious head injuries in Worksop. The man is in a serious but stable condition at Bassetlaw Hospital following the incident in Gateford Road, between Sandy Lane and Turner Road, between
The Met Office forecast for the East Midlands for today Tuesday, December 6 is for a murky day, with low cloud and locally persistent mist and fog. Given light winds, these conditions may persist in many areas throughout the day, with only limited bright
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...
- 18:04 UEFA Champions League scores: Tottenham v CSKA Moscow, Porto v...
- 18:03 Rape trial hears child 'did not make up evidence'
- 18:02 US STOCKS-Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- 18:02 Musk's SpaceX says rockets to remain grounded until January
- 17:59 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:58 City secondary school is "inadequate" says Ofsted
- 17:58 Edinburgh creatice agency launches Chrimojis pack
- 17:56 Four arrested on suspicion of intent to supply drugs in Sainsbury's...