News from Fleetwood Today
A thieving employee was caught when his boss found him flogging the firm’s stock on eBay. Liam Howard was today accused by Pemberton company Polywaste of betrayal after stealing up to £3,000 of materials from the business to sell on for his own profit. C
Two men accused of defrauding a total of more than £16,000 from Fleetwood Football Club have made their first appearance at court. David Holloway and David Hart are alleged to have falsified ticket sale refunds at the club in March this year. Holloway, 3
0 Have your say A free pumpkin carving event for Halloween is being staged at Fleetwood’s Memorial Park this Saturday. The Friends of Memorial Park, supported by Wyre Council and Heritage Lottery funds are organising the spectacle, which takes place from
0 Have your say A campaigning couple who raised thousands of pounds for charity after the tragic death of their baby son are celebrating the safe arrival of a daughter. Will Norris, 27, and Nichole Taylor, 28, were left devastated after their son James d
0 Have your say A hall which was flooded in the rains of Storm Desmond is set to hold a re-opening event. Kirkland and Catterall Memorial Hall near Garstang was ruined in the floods of December 2015 but is set to reopen its doors to the public next month
0 Have your say Rob Beckett is the latest star comedy name heading for Lowther Pavilion. The popular funnyman will bring his Mouth of the South to the Lytham theatre on theatre on Wednesday, February 22 and tickets, priced £16.50 go on sale tomorrow, wit
Here is a round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court from October 26. Clifford Kirkham, 76, breach of a pet banning order A lonely old man has had his only companion taken from him by order of a court. Clifford Kirkham, 76, had a cocker
A DAD who murdered his baby daughter when she would not go to sleep has been jailed for life. John Burrill, 30, has never admitted what he did to eight-week-old Daisy-Mae when he lost his temper and threw her so hard her skull was fractured and her heart
A Chorley grandmother who had an affair with an inmate while working at HMP Garth has been found guilty of misconduct in a public office. Jurors in the case of Alison Sharples, 46, took just two hours and 14 minutes to convict her after hearing how a sy
0 Have your say A mum-of-three told she has just months to live has launched a £100,000 fund-raising appeal for treatment abroad. Polly Haydock, 37, was diagnosed with stage three colorectal cancer in October last year. She chose to use natural herbs and
0 Have your say Man’s best friend may have a rough time of it on November 5th, so why not at least give your pooch a fun Hallowe’en? Never mind your costume, make sure your dog is the talk of the town and make him a costume inspired by these clever boys.
A ghosthunter and film-maker has been jailed for four and a half years for raping an aspiring actress he met through his love of film. Gaz Coward, 29, is lead investigator for online TV show Paranormal Intent, and has investigated several Lancashire loca
0 Have your say The chances of spotting the Aurora Borealis should increase over the next few days, according to space weather experts. According to the British Geological Survey, elevated geomagnetic activity caused by a high-speed solar wind will take
0 Have your say Patchwork Pate has recalled 15 varieties of its pate over fears it could contain the toxin responsible for potentially fatal botulism food poisoning. The company has been forced into the recall after being unable to prove the effectivenes
0 Have your say Tram bosses have vowed to investigate after two young children were left stranded at a stop when a tram set off with their frantic mum still on board. Lori Doyle, 38, was left ‘hysterical’ when she was split up from two of her three young
- 17:55 European banks reassure on earnings, dollar holds near highs
- 17:55 DARREN BROADBENT: Drug dealers to face no further action
- 17:54 Angelique Kerber and Dominika Cibulkova progress to last-four of...
- 17:54 England newcomer Zafar Ansari will make test debut against...
- 17:54 Manchester United U21 boss Warren Joyce set to be named Wigan...
- 17:50 Grieving mum: ‘Highway Code rule will not save lives’
- 17:50 Sutton alcoholic who fled Asda with lager refused treatment
- 17:50 Man City pair train ahead of West Brom game to boost Guardiola
- 17:49 Inside the twisted mind of Lance Hart
- 17:48 ‘Greedy’ finance boss jailed for five years over £180,000 fraud at...
- 17:46 ‘Greedy’ finance boss jailed for five years over £180,000 fraud at...
- 17:45 ‘Will somebody stop the damn match?’ – Four memorable Hell in a...
- 17:45 Area MPs attack trust over an OX postcode rule
- 17:45 Twitter is closing down its video sharing service Vine
- 17:45 France plans no special status for Paris finance jobs after Brexit,...
- 17:45 Rory’s hopes are dashed
- 17:44 Man remanded in custody after body is discovered in suitcase in...
- 17:44 Two men arrested after 10,000 litre fuel thefts in Burton
- 17:44 Derbyshire's Toyota factory will not be forced to close because of...
- 17:44 William Scott Abbott Trust receives last of money it needs to...
- 17:44 VIDEO NASTY: The beat goes on with creepy cops' Thrilling dance moves
- 17:44 Birmingham City vs Aston Villa: The Ian Holloway Second City derby...
- 17:44 FTSE boosted by Barclays, though mid-caps fall
- 17:43 High Court upholds Humpty Hill's status as village green
- 17:43 Suspended Baroness Tonge quits Lib Dems after chairing...
- 17:43 Arsenal hit by double injury blow with Santi Cazorla doubtful for...
- 17:43 Arsenal stars Alexis Sanchez, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud roll...
- 17:42 Innocent Iraqi citizens suffering toxic fallout from Mosul offensive
- 17:42 Stuart Cosgrove: How Detroit soul changed my life
- 17:42 Jamie Carragher hails Man United star Juan Mata: This is why he is...