News from Fleetwood Today
Police are becoming increasingly worried about a 14-year-old boy has gone missing from Blackpool. Dinico Cook has been missing from the South Shore area for nine days, say police. Dinico is described by police as 6ft tall, of medium build with short dark
Today, the Blackpool Gazette is revealing a list of Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre's best and worst GP surgeries as rated by you. The data is the latest available from the NHS Choices website and is based on responses provided in the GP Patient Survey. The su
Garstang’s county councillor says the blanket approval of more than 600 homes will “suffocate” the town. Nine applications totalling nearly 800 homes were put before Wyre Council’s Planning Committee last week with all but one being approved. In total ,2
Letters sent out to families in Fleetwood have caused anguish after they were ordered to remove memorabilia from the graves of loved ones. Residents have been reminded of rules for Fleetwood Cemetery which state that anyone whose loved ones died after 20
Preesall woman battling cancer reveals how hero blood donors helped give her a lifeline Lesley Ronson was a blood donor herself for many years but admits she never really considered the full implications of the people who might benefit from her donation.
Here is a round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court. David Enright, 33, being in charge of a car while over the alcohol limit A man tried to spit at a police inspector and a constable as they struggled to arrest him in Blackpool and to
Objections to plans to build flats on the former Fleetwood Pier site have dwarfed the number for the original application. More than 540 have so far registered their opposition to the proposals by Simmo Developments, which includes some minor amendments
The funeral is to be held for a former mayoress whose time in the role harked back to the days when Fleetwood had its own municipal borough council. Edith Funk proudly wore the chain office when her husband, Fleetwood councillor and alderman Eddie Funk,
A health service launched in a bid to keep people out of hospital will be scrapped at the end of the month. The Fylde and Wyre falls vehicle will be axed because it only ran for 37 hours a week, faced increasing costs, and has been replaced by a more com
The formal process to leave the European Union starts when Theresa May triggers Article 50. Here are some of the key questions about that first step towards Brexit. What is Article 50? It is the legal mechanism for a country to leave the EU. Article 50 o
As Theresa May gets ready to trigger Article 50 and formally notify the European Union of Britain's intention to leave, some will be wondering whether there is even a small chance that, one day, the UK will rejoin. And, while politically it is difficult
A Blackpool tattooist has been announced as one of the stars of a brand new MTV show. Danny Robinson, 24, will be one of six tattoo artists to feature in the upcoming series ‘Just Tattoo of Us’. The show, which premieres on Monday, April 3, sees pairs of
Blackpool North and Cleveleys MP Paul Maynard has hit out at County Hall bosses claiming they are sweeping concerns over tram safety under the carpet. Figures obtained by the MP showed that the majority of accidents involving trams and vehicles occur on
A blaze started on a caravan park in Preesall after several outdoor storage units caught fire, say fire services. The fire started at around 6.20pm on March 27 at the Rose Grove Caravan Park on Pilling Lane. Two crews responded to a 999 call and arrived
A road has been partially blocked after eight people chained themselves to the gates outside Cuadrilla, say police. Anti-fracking protesters launched their 'lock-on' early this morning on A583 Preston New Road. Traffic is reported to be heavy on the east
- 03:43 Child sex offences 'rise fourfold in Greater Manchester'
- 03:40 Nikkei edges down on pause in weak yen trend; mining shares outperform
- 03:40 Court decides whether to arrest ousted South Korean president Park
- 03:34 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to press ahead with Tiemoue...
- 03:32 BlackBerry, freed of handsets, looks to software for return to glory
- 03:04 EU offers to negotiate Nord Stream 2 on behalf of members - Politiken
- 03:04 Oil stable on falling Libyan output, but bloated US market still...
- 03:01 Food trade drains global water sources at 'alarming' rates
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea's Stephanie Pratt going for gold with Team GB rugby...
- 02:56 'He was always the a-- wipe for Will Smith': Fresh Prince of...
- 02:56 EastEnders is not so Dyer without Danny as 'TV show ratings are...
- 02:56 Stephen Belafonte shares intimate 'threesome snap' with Mel B......
- 02:56 Lucy Mecklenburgh dresses her svelte figure in a leather jacket and...
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea star Rosie Fortescue rocks a psychedelic minidress...
- 02:56 TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou sizzles in plunging bralet as she puts on...
- 02:55 Ivanka Trump to be assistant to US president
- 02:55 SpaceX set to launch 'used rocket'
- 02:37 Ex-Cyclone Debbie forces mass closure of Queensland schools
- 02:28 Report shows computer delays in child grooming inquiries
- 02:20 Asia shares creep up to near two-year peak, dollar firms
- 02:18 Inside Mosul, a huge blast, then screams, dust and horror
- 02:13 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:59 Jose Mourinho rules Paul Pogba out of Manchester United’s clash...
- 01:49 Volkswagen says U.S. approves sale of modified diesel vehicles
- 01:46 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:43 ConocoPhillips sells oil and gas assets to Cenovus for $13.3 billion
- 01:42 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:39 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:35 Nintendo Switch news: Classic dock design may make you skip that...
- 01:27 BREAKING: At least 12 dead and three injured after church bus...