News from Fleetwood Today
The Government is being urged to boost Lancashire’s transport infrastructure with a £1.6bn cash injection. County Coun Azhar Ali has drawn up a wish list of projects, including work at Preston station and improved routes into Yorkshire, which he says are
The Tory ruling group’s hopes of pushing through a management restructure at Lancashire County Council look set to be knocked back on Thursday. The council has been advised it is at risk of acting illegally after Coun Alan Vincent presented a controversi
The full details of Garstang’s only public swimming closing for the summer have been revealed. Garstang YMCA Swimming Centre will close from July 24 until September 4 for a major refurbishment. It will see Garstang residents having to travel at least 12
Train users hoping to travel to and from London over the August bank holiday weekend are being warned to plan their journeys now as a major London station is set to close for engineering works. Network Rail is warning passengers that no train services wi
Entertainers have joined forces in the latest fundraising bid for seriously ill grandmother’s treatment at a private clinic in Germany. Janet Colgan is receiving specialist treatment for stomach cancer not available on the NHS, costing £1,500 a day. And
An infatuated account manager at a Blackpool solicitors who stole more than £500,000 to send to a man she met on an internet dating site will have to wait until October to learn her fate. Pam Wareing, 54, stole the cash from a client account at Easthams
With people being urged to keep their pets and children away from the oil spill currently affecting the Fylde coast, health advice has been issued for anybody who has already come into contact with it. Read more: Cleveleys sea off limits and ferry servic
Wyre Council said people should stay out of the sea at Cleveleys following an oil spill. Oil and tar balls were seen in the tide and on the sand between Red Bank Road and Norbreck Castle in Bispham on Sunday, and have since been spotted as far north as C
The curtain has fallen on £26m plans for a museum of Blackpool’s entertainment heritage at the Winter Gardens. But the council, which said that an £8m funding shortfall was to blame despite the chance of getting a £15m Heritage Lottery grant later this y
Here is the latest round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court. Christopher Haithwaite, 46, threats wtih an offensive weapon Noise from a lorry’s refrigeration unit caused a man to snap and threaten HGV drivers with a 12-inch long knife
The UK could be set to bask in three months of hot weather as an ‘African blast’ of hot air heads north to Britain. Forecasters say the UK is likely to enjoy higher than average temperatures between July and September with highs of as much as 36 degrees
These smiling youngsters are top of the class – especially when it comes to turning up for class. They certainly proved punctuality pays off as they enjoyed a celebration for pupils with a 100 per cent attendance record for the year. Children from across
Teenage singer JoJo Siwa will be performing at Nickelodeon’s SlimeFest being held at Blackpool Pleasure Beach later this year. She will sing her hit single ‘Boomerang’ for the first time in the UK, as well as two new songs. The 14-year-old said: “I’m so
North West trade unions have issued a statement against fracking in solidarity with continuing protests at Preston New Road. Protesters are picketing Cuadrilla’s test drilling site at Little Plumpton. Leading trade unionists said in a joint statement: “F
Here is the latest round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court. Brandon Brook, 18, assaulting a police officer, disorderly behaviour, theft A teenager who ran amok in a hospital after being arrested when he caused a fracas at a supermark
- 09:44 HMRC in ‘aggressive’ inheritance tax grab after 23 per cent...
- 09:44 Britain's economy growth RISES amid Brexit to hit 0.3% in Q2
- 09:40 See UB40 stars return to the Red Red Wine Eagle & Tun pub
- 09:41 UK economy grows by 0.3%
- 09:41 Two in hospital with head injuries after motorcycle crash in Newcastle
- 09:40 Solihull Summer Fest - what's the line up and can you still get...
- 09:40 Review, setlist, reaction to Ali Campbell's UB40 at Barclaycard Arena
- 09:40 New Birmingham Airport flights scrapped before they begin
- 09:39 What are Skinny Sprinkles and do they work for losing weight?
- 09:39 Is drinking cow's milk 'inhumane'?
- 09:39 Dundee United challenge excites Scott McDonald
- 09:39 £900-worth of roofing felt stolen from West Cumbrian school
- 09:39 Manchester United stars poke fun at youngster in training ahead of...
- 09:38 Piers Morgan in ferocious CLASH with Love Island stars after GMB...
- 09:37 Search planned for missing Powys teenager at Royal Welsh Show
- 09:37 Robert Pattinson was kicked out of school for selling porn magazines
- 09:36 Safety expert plunged to his death down lift shaft, inquest told
- 09:35 Dr G Yunupingu: An exquisite singer who 'spoke to the soul'
- 09:35 UK diesel and petrol ban - Government's shock new plans and how it...
- 09:35 More than 1,800 homes missed bin collections yesterday - these are...
- 09:34 Celtic skipper Scott Brown insists Moussa Dembele can only get...
- 09:33 Scientists hope fish clues aid spinal cord injury treatment
- 09:32 Guy Martin calls time on road racing career
- 09:31 Divorcee destroys ex's $1m violin collection in Japan
- 09:30 BMW stolen from outside home
- 09:30 Fred Story funds new dig at Roman finds site in Carlisle
- 09:28 Pervert who abused young boy allowed to serve his 'lenient' sentence
- 09:28 Transfer News LIVE: Follow the latest news and gossip from around...
- 09:27 Arsenal showing genuine interest in £36m Nice star Jean-Michael Seri
- 09:26 New bid demands more trains between Lincolnshire and London