News from Express and Star
The defender is said to have been arrested in Portland, Oregon, where he now plays football for the Portland Timbers. His mugshot appeared on American news sites alongside that of teammate Jake Gleeson. Ridgewell played 76 times for Albion between 2012 a
Police today warned fans to behave as they move to diffuse tension ahead of the highly-charged second city derby on Sunday. West Midlands Police pleaded with fans to make the match, being held at St Andrews, a trouble-free occasion. It is the first time
Mike Bird, the leader of Walsall’s Conservative opposition group, said that local authorities faced increasing pressure from migrants and that it was vital the right people were arriving. His comments came as hundreds of unaccompanied migrant children fr
The sprawling site off Cambridge Street will house three major developments. It will feature the University of Wolverhampton’s School of Architecture and Built Environment, a manufacturing training centre and the West Midlands Construction University Tec
Roy Weston, 78, was robbed in Brierley Hill after picking up his and his wife Maureen’s pension from the post office at 9.20am on September 12. Last year, grandfather Mr Weston was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer and the disease has spread to his
The Jaguar smashed through the building of the Tesco petrol station shop at Hawks Green District Centre in Heath Hayes shortly before 2.55pm. The front of the green Jaguar ended up through the entrance to the kiosk, resting next to broken glass and debri
The Birmingham Oratory is one of 42 in the West Midlands to join the 2016 version, while a further 51 have been removed this year. The list is used as an annual snapshot of the health of the historic environment by the campaign group. The group adds site
Former Wolves youth player Josh Shepherd lunged his foot forward to take the ball – but ended up on the floor in agony having snapped his shin. Lying on the pitch in the pouring rain, the AFC Wulfrunians player then had to wait 30 minutes for an ambulanc
Kenneth Hands and three others had set out to climb the 3,560 feet peak when snow was forecast, the inquest at Caernarfon in Gwynedd heard. Disaster struck after rapidly deteriorating weather forced the party to scrap their plan to get to the top along t
Jagraj Poselay, aged 46, a Tesco delivery driver, from Walsall, has been helping people in his community for years and has set up entertainment nights and shows to raise thousands of pounds for good causes. His friend Rachel Perks, 35, of Stafford Road,
The study from the University of Stirling is the first to detect direct changes after players are exposed to everyday head impacts, as opposed to clinical brain injuries like concussion. The findings come after concerns that players’ brains are damaged b
Sajid Aslam, who is believed by MI5 and terror cops to be fighting for the so-called Islamic State, claims he is living in Turkey and working as a teacher. In the most recent of a series of exchanges with the Express & Star, Mr Aslam says he is...
Sandwell has the most takeaways in the Black Country and the second highest in the region, according to the Public Health England figures, with 114.3 takeaways per 100,000 residents. But Councillor Steve Eling, the leader of Sandwell Council, has dismiss
Stan Highfield, who was a councillor on Stafford Borough Council for 16 years until 2015, died on Friday morning. Born in Wednesbury in 1930, Mr Highfield served in the RAF during his National Service. At 21 he entered the iron and foundry industry, wher
LSD Promotions wanted to launch a food and craft market on Thursdays, which would have involved closing the town centre’s two main streets, High Street and Market Street, to traffic. But those plans were withdrawn after the town’s chamber of trade was un
- 04:06 BOJ won't try to push down super-long yields - Kuroda
- 03:49 Stop and search: Police training aims to raise standards
- 03:49 A-levels choice 'reduced by funding squeeze'
- 03:48 Data: Aston Villa are top - but of what league?
- 03:38 Doctors' low morale 'puts patients at risk'
- 03:36 OPPO leapfrogs smartphone rivals with ad blitz and sales force
- 03:36 Samsung Electronics vows mobile rebound after third quarter Note 7...
- 03:32 John McDonnell to warn against 'bankers' Brexit'
- 03:23 Nikkei edges down; Nintendo, Canon weak as earnings disappoint
- 03:19 Essex Police 'admit Michael Barrymore was wrongfully arrested'
- 03:19 Seven arrested as violence erupts at the London Stadium
- 03:17 Deutsche bank to sell Mexican units to Investabank-source
- 03:17 Chinese paper says China, U.S. to step up anti-graft cooperation
- 03:10 Syd Barrett: Cambridge honours its 'Crazy Diamond'
- 03:10 Michael Ball and Alfie Boe: 'We wanted to do a tribute to Wham!'
- 03:01 Samsung Electronics to change quality assurance processes after...
- 02:59 Inquests to be held over deaths in family shooting case
- 02:55 Single parents owed millions of pounds for child maintenance, study...
- 02:55 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 02:52 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 02:47 US abstains from UN vote against Cuba embargo
- 02:47 Seven arrested as violence erupts at the London Stadium
- 02:47 Essex Police 'admit Michael Barrymore was wrongfully arrested'
- 02:46 More Republicans expect Clinton, rather than Trump, to win U.S....
- 02:42 'Grim conditions' put older tenants at risk in privately rented homes
- 02:42 More than six million families struggling with debt worries,...
- 02:21 Liverpool paired with Leeds in EFL Cup quarter-final draw
- 02:21 David Moyes admits he deserved punishment for swearing at ref in...
- 02:21 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic condemns trouble which marred cup win...
- 02:21 Metropolitan Police make seven arrests after violence in West Ham...