News from Express and Star
Ms Saward was the first rape victim to waive her anonymity after she was attacked by intruders at her father's vicarage in Ealing, west London, in 1986. She died at Wolverhampton's New Cross Hospital on January 5 after suffering a subarachnoid haemorrhag
Ted Gray, who ran Edward Gray's of Dudley with his sister Betty, was 81. He had worked at the factory started by his grandfather in 1826 since he was 15 and continued into his mid-70s. His daughter Julie Healy, 53, said: "He was very proud of the...
Kevin Nunes investigation: Some officers’ conduct during inquiry ‘did not meet high standards of force’
It added that procedures had been overhauled. The force released a management review into concerns in the unit dealing with witnesses and informants on the case after a year-long Freedom of Information battle with the Express & Star. Deputy Chief...
The blaze broke out on the ground floor of Edith Williams’ home in Catesby Drive, Kingswinford, just after 11.15pm on November 14. Black Country Coroners’ Court heard how neighbours were alerted to the fire after hearing the smoke alarm go off and seeing
The hearing into the deaths of 30 Britons in the June 2015 assault by extremist Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi heard that a local investigation into the slaughter criticised some police for stalling as they made their way to the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba
Sean Williams was hit by a Nissan Juke after he ran across two lanes of traffic at a set of lights. He was hit at the junction of March End Road and Lakefield Road on December 29. The court heard that the lights were on green at the time of the accident,
Among the dead were three members of the same Black Country family, Joel Richards, 19, his uncle Adrian Evans, 49, and his grandfather Patrick Evans, 78, from Wednesbury. Suzanne Davey, aged 42, originally from West Bromwich, was also killed. The hearing
Professional wrestler Tyler Bate, 19, was crowned WWE UK champion at The Empress Ballroom, Blackpool, on Sunday night. Played out live on the WWE Network - which has nearly two million subscribers - Bate was presented with the new belt by wrestling legen
The Birmingham Canal Old Main Line runs through the city as well as other parts of the Black Country. Now, a new programme of work will see the canal’s lock gates replaced and historic brickwork restored. The works are being carried out by skilled crafts
The Bradley Arm Canal, which runs through Wolverhampton, Walsall and Sandwell, could once again carry boats if plans are given approval. The proposals moved a step forward when they were shown to residents at a meeting held by project organisers – who sa
Cannock Chase District Council’s leader George Adamson said environment boss Councillor Gill Heath had told him to ‘stop talking’ about fly-tipping over fears it could encourage more people to dump rubbish. As Staffordshire County Council’s cabinet membe
We didn’t want our drive dug up! Wolverhampton nurse comes home to muddy patch of land and £2.5k bill -...
Nurse Tracey Jones was horrified to find a muddy patch of land where her drive used to be on returning to her home in Finchfield. She then discovered a bill had been pushed through the door, asking for the cash. It came days after she had turned down wor
The official launch of the lifeboat will take place at Stourport Boat Club on January 21. It will carry the name of Stuart Frost, whose call sign was W26. Stuart, aged 42, was an operational crew member with the rescue association. He was a nurse working
Now 70 years old, Nicholl, who still lives in the West Midlands, struggles each day with memory loss. A tall and commanding centre-half, he won two League Cups with Villa in the 1970s and is fondly remembered for scoring a long-range screamer in the 1977
Temperatures fell to around -1C (30F) overnight. It will rise to around 4C (39F) today but gusts of up to 40 mph will make it feel colder. Severe weather warnings have been issued by the Met Office across swathes of the country for high winds, snow and i
- 12:52 Set-piece goals put Blyth Spartans on top of league
- 12:51 Telford man wanted for recall to prison is arrested
- 12:51 Man wins £10,000 by spinning a wheel at Nottingham casino
- 12:51 No Brexit deal better than "bad deal", UK's May says
- 12:51 Brexit boost for Notts firm A1 Flue Systems - with new jobs and key...
- 12:51 Gendarmes fire into the air at camps in Ivory Coast - witnesses
- 12:51 Cuba's flagship contemporary dance company to open 40th tour in...
- 12:50 Woman jailed for North Yorkshire bank card fraud
- 12:51 Claudio Bravo vs Joe Hart stats are VERY interesting to Man City fans
- 12:50 Video: UK will take back laws, borders and exit single market, PM says
- 12:51 Phil Jones discusses competition with Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling...
- 12:50 Leeds ‘the country’s fastest growing city’
- 12:50 Former RGC ace Olly Cracknell named in Wales Six Nations squad
- 12:50 I should be having a first pint with my son - but instead I'll be...
- 12:50 Police hunt man who TWICE followed elderly woman into home and...
- 12:49 Cumbrian pre-school's vetting failures lead to inadequate rating by...
- 12:49 ‘The service is a joke’ - Metro passengers react to new timetable news
- 12:49 Zimbabwe pastor held over Robert Mugabe death prophecy
- 12:48 ISIS on the brink? Iraqi forces make big advance on Mosul, the...
- 12:48 Migrants to be forced to work unpaid for asylum as besieged Italy...
- 12:48 Seven tax rebates worth hundreds of pounds you could be entitled to
- 12:48 Manchester United forward has asked to join Barcelona - report
- 12:46 Appeal launched to restore treasured beauty spot in Ripon
- 12:46 Jayne Dawson: Hold on to your hats – the Donald Trump show is starting
- 12:46 Village becomes first to receive superfast broadband
- 12:46 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 12:45 Australian Open Day 2 Debrief: Great day for the Brits as S....
- 12:45 Police called to Llandudno hospital 'altercation' ... between...
- 12:45 School life: Calderdale College celebrates a successful year after...
- 12:44 Dalston adviser helps woman, 96, get £223,000 compensation after...