News from Examiner
Calderdale Credit Union has been awarded a £100,000 grant by Lloyds Banking Group to enable it to better support the Kirklees community. The Union offers safe savings accounts and affordable loans to anyone who lives or works in either Calderdale or Kirk
The shortlisting of the controversial Butterley Spillway scheme for a regional award in recognition of engineering achievement has triggered mixed emotions in Marsden. Work on the £5m scheme by Yorkshire Water to renovate the Grade II spillway, the count
Hotels in Huddersfield have been honoured in a guide which recognises those properties that are best-loved and most highly rated by guests. LateRooms.com Top Rated status is given to only the very best properties from across the UK, as judged by feedback
Dancers sprang into action yesterday in a wave of tap dance action that lasted all day. Sixteen tap dance schools from Huddersfield, Bradford and Calderdale enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame in the 21st Roy Castle Tapathon event which has raised more than
The lives of two women and the struggles they faced having survived a major genocide will be explored at this year’s Huddersfield event to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day. Thursday evening’s free event has been organised by the 6 million+ Charitable T
Kirklees Light Railway has been a major attraction since it first opened in October 1991. This week we are taking a look at days gone by on the 3.5-mile long miniature railway which runs from Clayton West through Cuckoo's Nest and Skelmanthorpe before te
A main Huddersfield road was closed while fire crews tackled a chimney fire. They were called to the terraced home on Halifax Road at Birchencliffe at 2.30pm today (Sunday). Firefighter Gavin Shaw from Rastrick fire station said: “We needed to shut the r
Former Colne Valley MP and Labour minister Sir Patrick Duffy will be awarded a papal knighthood at a ceremony in Doncaster next month. Sir Patrick, 96, will be invested as Knight Commander of the Order of St Gregory the Great (KCSG) at a ceremony at St P
The family of a Huddersfield man shot dead by police have had a meeting with the chief investigator leading an internal inquiry into the tragedy. Yassar Yaqub, 28-year-old, father-of-two from Crosland Moor, was shot dead on Monday, January 2, at Ainley T
Motorist David Hallas reported the five-inch deep pothole that damaged his new car to Kirklees Council. But workmen who attended at the junction of Wellington Street and Acre Street in Oakes, Huddersfield, ignored it and instead filled in two others. The
Two men appeared in court on Saturday charged with the murder of a man in Halifax. Christopher Churchill, aged 33, of Athol Close, Ovenden, Halifax, and Dale Dwyer, aged 25, of Alma Street, Buxton, Derbyshire, appeared at Bradford Magistrates Court charg
Fox’s Biscuits could be about to be gobbled up after its owner revealed it had received an offer for the Batley-based company. Food mogul Ranjit Boparan’s holding company, Boparan Holdings, said that it has received a preliminary approach for Fox’s Biscu
These are the terrifying moments a taxi driver had to face a tirade of abuse from a passenger who then tried to smash his way through a security screen. Victim Mohammed Naeem had picked up 38-year-old Adam Tomlinson and a friend and asked them to pay the
Nurses’ union The Royal College of Nursing has urged the Government to combat the crisis in West Yorkshire A&Es. The union warned that patients’ lives were being put at risk after nearly half of the county’s hospital trusts, declared ‘red alerts’...
It lit up like clockwork! Lindley’s iconic clock tower was illuminated right on cue at 5.30pm on Saturday as dozens of people gathered to see it lit up 115 years after it was built. With the press of a button the historic 83ft tall tower was lit up for t
- 08:39 Roadworks on the A1 and A19 in the North East
- 08:39 Yellowstone webcam captures ‘family of six Bigfoot’ shuffling out...
- 08:38 Sainsbury's chairman reprimanded for using staff on country home
- 08:38 Tesco recalls ready meal over health concerns
- 08:38 JOHN DILLEY’S WWI BLOG: Loving father held the hand of his dying son
- 08:36 Roasting and frying stachy foods could increase cancer risk, warns...
- 08:36 Vodafone roll out 4G in another pocket of Cumbria
- 08:35 Where is BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017 being held?
- 08:35 Hull City news and rumours LIVE - Ryan Mason updates and Tigers...
- 08:35 Aston Villa: Tony Xia brilliantly trolls transfer-hungry fans
- 08:34 Father pictured risking child’s life by walking on frozen lake
- 08:33 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why anorexia has no respect for age
- 08:33 HEALTH NOTES: I'm knocked out by boxercise, says Julia Bradbury
- 08:33 Poulton couple saved from 'nasty and toxic' blaze by fire doors
- 08:33 E-cigarettes are getting non-smoking teens hooked on nicotine:...
- 08:32 Super snowdrop show
- 08:32 Record-breaking year for outlet
- 08:31 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:31 ‘The world is watching’ US spies claim Trump’s ties to Russia could...
- 08:30 Pundit: This is impressing me most about Chelsea under Antonio Conte
- 08:30 European shares weighed down by banks, Essentra warning; Generali...
- 08:30 Australia police probe firearms death during making of hip hop video
- 08:30 Woman, 93, died after choking on her lunch despite efforts of care...
- 08:30 Watch as emotional crowd sees mum have head shaved for cancer charity
- 08:27 Parking on Barrow Island: Is it a problem?
- 08:27 Man jailed after breaching restraining order in Barrow four times
- 08:28 Sunderland and Newcastle United fans come together to support brave...
- 08:27 Wardens called in to Ulverston to catch dog poo criminals in the act
- 08:28 Missing South Yorkshire teenager found safe and well
- 08:27 'Supply drugs and we will catch you'