News from Eastwood Advertiser
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. From planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motorists and paddling pools and trampolines taking flight, we look at ten of the most viewed Storm
A drug and gambling addict who brought misery to thousands of rail passengers across the East Midlands area has been jailed for 26 months. Lucas Niewiem, 35, was sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court on Wednesday for stealing cable from the railway line in
A clean-up operation is underway after Storm Doris battered Nottinghamshire yesterday. Take a look at our video slideshow which shows some readers' pictures of damage caused by the storm.
COUNCIL TAX HIKE: ‘Worst financial situation’ Nottinghamshire councillors have seen leads to ‘reluctant’...
County Councillors have “reluctantly agreed” to a Council Tax hike of more than four per cent in a bid to tackle the “worst financial situation” Nottinghamshire has ever endured. How will the increase affect you?
It’s that time again...get your thinking cap on and have a go at this week’s quiz. Seven questions about the last seven days. And don’t forget to share your scores...
Health chiefs are advising people in Derbyshire to take advantage of the services available at their local pharmacy to help nip winter illness in the bud. The NHS is reminding patients that if they seek help soon after the first signs of a winter illness
The latest Be Clear on Cancer campaign hopes to raise awareness about certain abdominal symptoms or ‘tummy troubles’ that could be signs of cancer. A regional pilot has been lunched across the Midlands to make people aware that certain abdominal symptoms
A violent Rampton patient who punched and kicked a male nurse in the head, also attacked another nurse and a fellow patient following 18 previous convictions, a court heard. Liban Awale threw a plate at one male nurse and then turned on his colleague who
A Kirkby sandwich shop owner has been sent to Nottingham Crown Court to be sentenced for 24 breaches of food hygiene standards. David Hawkins ignored warnings from Ashfield District Council inspectors after they visited the Bakery, on Portland Street, in
A Kirkby man has been sent to Nottingham Crown Court to face a charge of grievous bodily harm. Lewis Timms, 25, of Sutton Road, made no plea when he appeared at Mansfield Magistrates Court on Thursday. The incident is alleged to have happened on February
Part of the M1 in Nottinghamshire has been closed because of safety concerns caused by metal hanging from a gantry. All lanes of the M1 southbound between junctions 25 and 26 have been closed along with two northbound lanes. Nottinghamshire Fire and Resc
Health chiefs are advising people in Nottinghamshire to take advantage of the services available at their local pharmacy to help nip winter illness in the bud. The NHS is reminding patients that if they seek help soon after the first signs of a winter il
A deadly inherited heart condition could be a ticking time bomb for thousands of people in the East Midlands. Around 19,000 people in the region - approximately one in every 250 - has familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH), a potentially deadly inherited co
Fledgling firms are springing up left right and centre in Nottinghamshire according to an encouraging new report looking into the county’s business trends. The total number of registered companies in the county now comes to 45,573, up from 43,336 at the
A new survey has revealed some of the top jobs that don't require university degrees. And you might be surprised at the results. TotallyMoney.com surveyed UK graduates to explore attitudes towards university education and the level to which people now fe
- 04:42 Swathes of snowdrops at Stowe
- 04:42 Celebrity architect to speak at book launch
- 04:39 NEW SMUGGLER SCOURGE: 17,000 Traffickers 'using Facebook to smuggle...
- 04:39 Mexico hints it will start TRADE WAR with the US if Donald Trump...
- 03:59 Boredom in Britain at a new low
- 03:40 Self-medicating by drinking wine before bedtime will only make your...
- 03:40 Five teenagers to face court on terror charges
- 03:35 David Miliband 'deeply concerned' for Labour's future
- 03:15 Let DEMOCRACY speak: Marine Le Pen SLAMS media for censoring French...
- 03:03 YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN: China CLASHES with Donald Trump over North...
- 02:59 Bolivia's San Pedro 'tourist prison', 20 years on
- 02:59 Could the next Messi come from Nigeria as Barcelona launches Lagos...
- 02:59 IS in Afghanistan: How successful has the group been?
- 02:59 Kim Jong-nam death: Unravelling the mystery
- 02:59 Did Trump win because his name came first in key states?
- 02:57 Move into a nursing home while you're still fit, says care tsar as...
- 02:53 HMRC rejects tax avoidance criticism
- 02:52 Can community projects offer a way to affordable care?
- 02:41 Illegal air pollution levels endangering health of capital's children
- 02:32 Guatemala expels abortion boat crew
- 02:32 Egypt's Coptic Christians flee Sinai after deadly attacks
- 02:21 City homes 'least affordable since 2009'
- 02:12 Boris Johnson to visit Egypt for talks with president
- 02:07 ADM brokerage arm shifts more trades onto computer screens
- 02:07 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 01:53 Fashion house BCBG Max Azria prepares for bankruptcy: sources
- 01:49 Smuggled rare ploughshare tortoises go on display for first time
- 01:49 China's Panchen Lama says to uphold 'glorious tradition' of patriotism
- 01:42 Get your dancing shoes on for Grimsby's Strictly Get Dancing
- 01:42 What mummy really thinks about everyday family life