News from Eastwood Advertiser
A self-employed driver who crashed into an oncoming van after celebrating his boss’s birthday with a whiskey and coke, has been banned. Ben Hendry blacked out at the wheel of his Vauxhall Zafira on Park Lane, in Selston, on January 14, and swerved into t
A woman who runs a jacket potato stall has launched a petition to fight against a decision which stopped her trading in Kimberley. Stephanie Hather wanted to pitch one day a week on the town’s Toll Bar Square, but her application was rejected by Broxtowe
Teachers at a Kimberley school have spoken about how proud they are of three kind-hearted girls who gave up their spare time to raise money for a dog rescue. The girls, aged nine and ten, told their teaches they wanted to raise money for Babbington Rescu
Not got anything planned for this Mother’s Day? Fear not, here are a few things you can do to make her day special...
Reports are currently coming in of a serious incident in London, in which several people have been hurt. News organisations are reporting shots being fired outside the House of Parliament, and several people being injured on Westminster Bridge. More to f
A Brexit inspired piano concert will get it's world premiere with a free public performance in Yorkshire - but we are giving you an exclusive preview on Facebook Live. We want your Brexit views, via comments, during a special Question Time-style debate w
Health bosses have been asked to look again at controversial proposals which would prevent many would-be parents from accessing free IVF treatments in Mansfield and Ashfield. Nottinghamshire County Council’s health scrutiny committee has looked into plan
Over the past year, the political world as we knew it has been blown apart. Brexit, Trump, the sinister growth of ‘fake news’, deliberate high-profile lying, and a green light for internet trolls to utter the unthinkable. Racism, sexism and bigotry, at o
The light nights are coming - and hopefully they’ll bring some warmer weather with them. The clocks go forward on the last Sunday in March, which this year is the 26th, which is also Mother’s Day weekend. The UK will switch to British Summer Time (BST) a
Staff at Northern Rail are set to hold a further 24-strike next month in a row over the future role of guards. Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) will walk out from 00.01am to 23.59pm on Saturday April 8. Mick Cash, RMT general secre
Clothing giant Primark has recalled a line of children’s clothing over safety fears. The Novelty Cat Legging, which was on sale in UK stores from November 8 2016 up to February 22 2017, was found to present a potential hazard during the company’s due-dil
To celebrate Mother’s Day, mums will be given the opportunity to skate for free at Nottingham’s National Ice Centre. Mums must quote ‘mums skate for free’ at the National Ice Centre’s box office this Sunday to obtain a free skate, including free skate hi
Good morning! Welcome to our live Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and lots of fun features to help ease you into your day...
A bid to drill a well to search for shale gas in Bassetlaw, ahead of fracking, has been approved by Nottinghamshire county councillors. The IGas application to drill a 3,300 metre deep well, with associated works, on land off the A634 between Barnby Moor
A new study has revealed two thirds of young people from Derbyshire would be happy to take a pay-cut if it meant achieving the perfect body. The study, which looked at psychological attitudes and beliefs of young people and their health and lifestyle cho
- 02:04 Trump aide 'tried to hide' Russian payment
- 01:54 Drop in teacher training recruits revealed
- 01:50 Arsenal hero: Mesut Ozil should copy this Tottenham star
- 01:49 Trump sends holiday greetings to Iranians, does not mention travel ban
- 01:40 MPs honour the memory of PC Keith Palmer
- 01:37 Euro zone banks under scrutiny but none in danger watchdog says
- 01:37 Nicola Sturgeon says new independence referendum now “highly likely”
- 01:29 Kyle Edmund joins Dan Evans, Heather Watson and Aljaz Bedene as he...
- 01:27 Why is Spain in the middle of a spat between China and Taiwan?
- 01:25 Kabbage looks to raise money for acquisitions: sources
- 01:21 Is it safe to drink Fanta and Sprite in Nigeria?
- 01:19 England flanker Chris Robshaw returns for Harlequins as he aims to...
- 01:16 Warning over segregation in England's schools
- 01:16 Sinn Féin oppose any extension to Stormont talks deadline
- 01:16 Bill Clinton to attend Martin McGuinness' funeral
- 01:11 Star Wars updates: This is the CRAZIEST alternate Rogue One ending yet
- 01:09 Coronation Street spoilers: Phelan’s next victim? The killer...
- 01:09 Viewpoint: Life in the land of 'candle princesses'
- 01:09 Spain's female bodyguards who protect abused women
- 01:07 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE FALLS TO 1-1/2 MONTH LOWS
- 01:06 我的家乡温岭曾经连红绿灯都没有，而如今已有140万人口
- 01:06 Oil bounces off November lows, but bloated U.S. stockpiles pressure...
- 01:06 Asia stocks advance, dollar, oil recover from multi-month lows
- 01:04 EU fears influx of 'British champagne' once Brexit ends food naming...
- 01:00 West Indies star Andre Russell appeals to have one-year ban for a...
- 00:57 Peter Lovenkrands in frame for No 3 role under Pedro Caixinha at...
- 00:49 Aberystwyth Marks and Spencer opens its doors today...and there are...
- 00:47 German companies interested in train crossing South America -...
- 00:46 Prison Break season 5: Villain T-Bag will be ‘fighting his demons’...
- 00:45 Gill Furniss: Cuts that leave vulnerable out in the cold