News from Eastwood Advertiser
A popular Disney toy set has been recalled by its manufacturer over safety concerns. The Bolt and Mitten soft toy set has been found to contain chemical substances which exceed regulatory limits. It is the black plastic nose on the Bolt (dog) soft toy wh
If you are planning a trip to the capital over the next few days London has a new tour bus which may be of interest. From typical open-top sightseeing tours to afternoon tea and cake buses. But the one thing they all have in common? They’re for humans. W
The average mum will fall ill 324 times over their youngster’s childhood - with colds and bugs passed on to them by their offspring, a study has found. An endless cycle of sore throats, runny noses, migraines and sickness bugs means the average mum will
A former football coach with links to Derbyshire has appeared in court to face sexual assault charges. Barry Bennell pleaded not guilty by video link from Woodhill prison to eight charges of sexual assault against a boy under 16. The former youth coach a
A star created 1,800 years ago after the collision of two distant suns is set to appear in the night sky for the first time – as the light from the crash finally reaches the Earth. Scientists predict that for six months in 2022, stargazers will be able t
The perfect way to spend a cold, winter’s day is snuggled up under a duvet on the sofa watching TV, according to research by leading home assistance provider HomeServe. The survey which set out to find the perfect winter’s day and the definition of moder
The inquests into the deaths of 30 Britons killed at a Tunisian holiday resort in 2015 are set to open today (Monday, January 16). Islamist gunman Seifeddine Rezgui opened fire on holidaymakers on the beach near Sousse, killing a total of 38 people. The
We’re two weeks into January, and if scientific research is anything to go by, 88 per cent of us will have broken our new year’s resolutions already. That’s according to academics at Bristol University, anyway! This year I’ve vowed to not go on Facebook
A Cast of Thousands is expected to flock to see British rock stars Elbow live in Sherwood Forest. The Brit Award-winning quartet are the first band confirmed for the Forestry Commission’s summer 2017 Forest Live series of concerts at Sherwood Pines, near
On this day - it happened on January 17 27BC – Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus is granted the title Augustus by the Roman Senate, marking the beginning of the Roman Empire. 1900 – Edith Frank, the German-Dutch mother of Anne Frank is born. She died from s
A pedestrian suffered serious injuries in a crash with a car in Watnall yesterday (Sunday, January 15). The man is in a critical condition at the Queen’s Medical Centre after the incident in Long Lane, Watnall, on a stretch over the M1, at around 5.20am
One of the worst things about January (and it’s pretty soul-destroying to begin with) is being forced to face the music about the fact you really did overdo it on the roast potatoes over Christmas. With summer on the horizon, those who just can’t face th
It used to be so cold in January the River Thames used to freeze and frost fairs were held on the river back in the 1608. Yes we know January is cold and can be a bit boring if you are doing dry January or just still feeling the pull of the purse strings
Advice has been issued by the police to stay vigilant against cyber criminals. Police.co.uk has launched a new campaign encourage people to be cyber aware. A spokesman for the website said: “More people now store valuable data – both personal and busines
Think YOU’RE chilly? Check out the coldest inhabited places on Earth where temperatures drop below -60C
We might be feeling the cold this month- but can you imagine living somewhere where temperatures drop below -60C? It’s hard to believe, but thousands of people call these beautiful (but potentially deadly) landscapes home... <script...
- 07:01 Police launch dramatic hunt after burglary at salvage yard
- 06:56 Terence Lyons 'fist-bumped' after leaving man stabbed and badly...
- 06:56 Hull KR need to be creative in their recruitment stresses Tim Sheens
- 06:56 Hull City value Jake Livermore at £15m as West Brom eye prize...
- 06:56 Hull kids experience Blitz horror and life on the docks in school's...
- 06:56 Humber firms are enjoying the effects of a 'Brexit boost', a new...
- 06:56 Live rush hour traffic, travel and news updates for Hull and East...
- 06:56 North Koreans 'DESPERATE to FLEE' as more defectors head South to...
- 06:53 Leader comment: No talking in class – it’s time to listen to teachers
- 06:52 Tickets for Hamilton in London are already selling for almost...
- 06:52 A15 closed for 4.5miles because of jackknifed lorry and accident
- 06:52 Sam Allardyce fears the worst at Crystal Palace: Boss worried he...
- 06:52 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Contract update for...
- 06:51 Unlicensed driver sped off from police at retail park
- 06:51 Shivering bowls teams walk out of Spalding’s “freezing” Castle...
- 06:51 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- 06:49 Teenager assaulted in Daventry park
- 06:49 'Pathalogical' hate of Carlisle man fuels threats from young mum
- 06:47 Heather Watson stuns 18th seed Sam Stosur to earn shock Australian...
- 06:47 Liverpool ready to chance it with Joel Matip: Kop star could play...
- 06:46 Smash causes traffic delays on A19 in Sunderland
- 06:46 Pictures as hundreds turn out to bid farewell to Amber Rose Cliff
- 06:46 Man arrested in connection with Sunderland petrol station robbery
- 06:46 Can you help Madison get a new wheelchair?
- 06:42 Former Blackhall chimney sweep’s latest bus pass challenge is...
- 06:42 $esc.html($content.name)
- 06:42 Hartlepool Rovers coach steps down following poor league run
- 06:40 Italian firm creating 100 jobs in North Staffs has now bought...
- 06:40 700 residents back campaign for Blurton crossing after OAP's death
- 06:37 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...