News from Driffield Today
A star created 1,800 years ago after the collision of two distant suns is set to appear in the night sky for the first time – as the light from the crash finally reaches the Earth. Scientists predict that for six months in 2022, stargazers will be able t
A Yorkshire seaside town which had its entire gas supply cut off came in from the cold tonight after engineers carried out repair work. More than 3,000 homes in Withernsea were left without gas after pipes were believed to have been damaged during the re
The mother of a teenage boy who said her son's cancer was treated successfully by proton therapy has criticised the lack of widely available centres in the UK. Rosalie Barnes told the BBC that her 13-year-old son Alex received the treatment in the United
We are regularly told that January is the most miserable month of the lot: 31 short days and long cold nights when very few of us have any cash and are full of self loathing. As one of the millions of those who celebrate their birthday this month I would
Hollywood superheroes, such as Hulk, Wolverine and the X-Men, may be making children more aggressive, according to a new study. Parents are happy to encourage kids, buying them Batman and Superman costumes, without considering the impact. Now research ha
Roads will be closed on the east coast ahead of a predicted tidal surge later today. North Yorkshire’s coastal residents are being warned to be prepared for high tides and the risk of coastal flooding from 4-4.30pm this afternoon in Sandsend, Whitby and
Melbourne, Bora Bora, Hawaii - and Robin Hood's Bay? The Yorkshire seaside spot has joined some of the most exotic destinations in the world on a travel magazine's list of the world's best beaches. The bay, near Whitby, is one of just 25 top beaches sele
A train journey spanning barely half the country has been revealed as the country’s most expensive standard class ticket available to passengers. The anytime return between the Isle of Wight and Derbyshire is priced at £501.40 - even exceeding the cost o
Motorists have been urged take extra care of potential slippery road conditions over the next few days. With a chance of snow and wintry showers forecast to hit the East Riding in the next two days, as well as high winds, drivers are warned to take extra
A 67-year-old woman accused of stealing tens of thousands of pounds from a man is to stand trial at Crown Court. Anne Russell, 67, of Hamilton Road, is charged with five counts of theft. The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) allege Russell stole £44,022 ov
Students at East Riding College in Bridlington have launched a new initiative to keep them safe and reduce crime on and off campus. The scheme has been set up by student representative Connor-Reece Williamson, with support from East Riding of Yorkshire C
Bridlington residents only have a handful of days left to make their voice heard on controversial changes to local health services. Component:1.8328402.1484135952, , ,$mergedBody
The best young musicians from East Yorkshire and Hull will come together for a special rock concert at Bridlington Spa later this month. Let’s Rock sold out last year and organisers are hoping for similar support this year. The Bridlington-based Remarkab
Today is your last chance to stand up and defend a free British press - and your right to know. In an age of fake websites, internet trolls and unregulated social media driven by faceless global algorithms there remains only one source of written news th
There’s no sign of any particular wintry weather apart from Pennine areas later in the week. Monday 9 January: Cloudy with rain at times clearing from the North West late morning, finally clearing Holderness early afternoon. Colder brighter weather will
- 22:17 Final Fantasy 15 DLC expanded in new update for PS4 and Xbox One
- 22:17 Poop scoop – Which incredibly famous X-Men actor is voicing a turd...
- 22:17 Burton and South Derbyshire pubs urged to put themselves forward to...
- 22:16 Stocks, dollar steady; investors eye earnings, U.S. policy
- 22:16 BREAKING: All guests and staff missing as avalanche hits Italy...
- 22:13 Newcastle United 3 Birmingham City 1: match report, pictures and stats
- 22:13 Walsall driver jailed after trying to mow down cops TWICE
- 22:13 Oh, rats! Did you spot the funny error as Honey Mitchell got rid of...
- 22:10 Star speaks out after Liverpool edge past Plymouth in FA Cup...
- 22:08 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reveals January transfer decision after...
- 22:08 Royal Air Force aircraft makes unapproved landing at Shannon
- 22:08 Vaccines for three deadly viruses fast-tracked
- 22:07 Plymouth 0-1 Liverpool: Rare Lucas goal ends Pilgrims' stubborn...
- 22:07 Celtic chief Peter Lawwell runs Scottish football claims former St...
- 22:04 Italy not worried about ECB ending asset-buying - Econ Minister
- 22:03 Maro Itoje aiming to remain low against Toulon in final...
- 22:03 England refuse to follow France's lead to stop picking available...
- 22:03 Liverpool player ratings: Senior stars flop against Plymouth as two...
- 22:03 Chelsea complete striker deal, Man Utd agree £16m fee, Liverpool...
- 22:02 Player Ratings: Which players stood out in Liverpool’s narrow win...
- 22:02 Jamie Carragher highlights Liverpool’s two star men in FA Cup win...
- 22:01 What is causing SUPER-GRAVITY in the frozen wastes of Antarctica?
- 22:01 'You will pay' ISIS vows bloody massacre in Turkey after police...
- 21:59 Brexit: EU warns Theresa May of tough road ahead
- 21:59 Belper timebank offers volunteers great returns
- 21:59 Belper community meal serving up good food and friendship
- 21:59 Belper mayor prepares for 100-mile Walk for Life
- 21:58 Chelsea deal could hand Championship duo massive boost: This is why
- 21:57 Plymouth Argyle's stubborn resistance against Liverpool proves...
- 21:57 Newcastle 3-1 Birmingham: Jonjo Shelvey shines as Toon reach fourth...