News from Driffield Today
Bridlington played a key role in the world’s largest three-day beach angling festival last weekend. The Paul Roggeman European Open Beach Championship attracted around 1,000 anglers to the Yorkshire coast, and they were competing for a prize fund of £35,
Police have cordoned off part of Promenade as they investigate how a woman sustained a serious head injury. Ambulance staff called police to the scene, close to the junction with Trinity Road, in the early hours on Monday morning. The woman has been take
On Valentine’s Day the zoo celebrated by looking at all the weird and wonderful behaviours animals have when it comes to courting and attracting a mate. Just like humans, animals have ways of ‘wooing’ their partners and this can vary from elaborate court
When she was diagnosed with epilepsy five years ago, one of the hardest things for Jade Milner was not having anyone to talk to about it. To make sure other people in Bridlington dont have to suffer in silence, she has set up her own charity to raise awa
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. And with planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motoristsand paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm
Commuters using Virgin East Coast Trains are being warned not to travel today as Storm Doris is set to batter the country with high winds and rain. The train operator tweeted yesterday evening to advise customers not to travel and that all tickets will b
People in Yorkshire are being warned of a new telephone scam which is currently sweeping the United States and is set to hit the UK. Residents are urged to hang up if their phone rings and someone asks "can you hear me?". Answering this...
A severe weather warning for extreme winds has been issued across Yorkshire. An orange weather warning has been issued for the whole area including Leeds, Sheffield and Hull - follow all the updates here.
Bridlington Rovers can claim to be the first team to win a competitive match played on the town’s new 4G pitch. Their Arthur Saunderson Trophy match against Flamborough 2nds on Saturday was played on the artificial turf, just 24 hours after the facility
Bridlington’s lifeboat launched in the early hours of Wednesday to assist a fishing vessel which had suffered engine failure. The 14-metre boat, which had four crew on board, was six miles east of Bridlington and was already under tow. Coxswain Steve Emm
More than 500 people headed to Bridlington Job Centre last Friday to find out more about vacancies which are on offer in the town. Organisers of Just the Job 2017 were delighted with the turnout at the event and hope to use it as a building block for sim
Gusts of up to 80mph are set to hit Yorkshire on Thursday as Storm Doris arrives on UK shores. The Met Office has issued an amber warning for high winds in the entire region throughout the day, including a period where the gusts could reach 70-80mph. For
Parents have been warned to check their children for symptoms of scarlet fever following a growing number of cases in recent weeks. Official figures for 2017 have revealed that there has been a recent increase in reports of the illness, with a total of 2
A puppy called Sherlock is hoping to be able to solve how to impress the judges at the world’s biggesr dog show. The Irish Setter will be in the junior class at Crufts next month, after placing at the Driffield Championship Show last September Sherlock’s
Simon Delaney from Delaney Marling Partnership is celebrating after his appointment as Building Surveyor to the Beverley Minster Old Fund. Beverley Minster is one of the best-known buildings in the East Riding and for a chartered building surveyor is one
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...