News from Driffield Today
Parents in the North of England could learn from pushier mums and dads in the South to help their children achieve the best grades, the children’s tsar has said. Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, said “tiger” mums in the South are
The Christmas tractor which took two months to build has received an amazing response from visitors. Built by 31-year-old farmer Andrew Wilkinson, the Christmas tractor lights up his drive in the village of Hayton, in East Yorkshire. Dedicated to his lat
Consumers are being warned off buying bargain iPhone chargers online after 99 per cent failed a basic safety test. Out off 400 counterfeit Apple chargers from online suppliers around the world and found that 397 of them failed a basic safety test, accord
The coastguard have successfully retrieved a dog which had gone over a cliff near Bridlington. A rescue operation was launched at 4.24pm today (Saturday) after the dog, which was being walked by a couple, went over a cliff. The man had tried to rescue th
A Bridlington man whose mate has admitted handling stolen safes from Spotlight Theatre has been jailed. Darren Worgan was charged with four counts of theft and one of handling stolen goods - namely safes from the West Street theatre. The court heard on W
Two Unesco World Heritage sites, four corners of the county and a famous bridge damaged in the floods of last Christmas will all play a role in the third annual Tour de Yorkshire cycle race next April. The Tour de France legacy event, which is growing in
A staff member has accused health bosses of having already decided to close Bridlington Hospital’s Macmillan ward – despite there being an ongoing public consultation. Losing the ward would mean patients could no longer choose to die in their home town,
A range of pet food has been recalled by its manufacturer following the discovery that the product contains salmonella. Natures Menu is recalling its ‘Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg’ frozen pet food, as it has been to
The UK feed wheat market has continued to firm this week and although the screen is volatile, buyers who are looking to make short-term cover before Christmas are keeping values buoyant. Feed wheat for spot collection continues to be valued in the region
A "very experienced” pilot and his passenger died when a catastrophic mechanical failure caused their helicopter to plunge to the bottom of Flamborough cliffs, an inquest has heard. A two-day jury inquest at Hull Coroner’s Court heard pilot Capt...
Some people say local pubs have gone to the dogs, but in Sewerby it is more a case of the dogs have gone to the pub. Being a pet-friendly pub is just one of the initiatives which has helped the Ship Inn to earn recognition. It was runner-up in the commun
A police car was vandalised while officers were dealing with an incident nearby. The vehicle was parked in East Road in Bridlington, near to the junction with New Burlington Road, between 8.30pm and 10pm last Monday. Officers were working in the area but
Father Christmas will again be taking up residence in his grotto on the third floor of Boyes in Bridlington, courtesy of the town’s Lions Club. He will be there for the first time between noon and 3pm this Saturday and Sunday. Santa is planning to return
Work has begun to transform Bridlington Sports Centre into the home of boxing and junior football in the town. Local contractors will be at the forefront of the development, which will see the rundown building given a new lease of life by Bridlington Clu
It’s not just Santa who spreads festive cheer at Christmas time, Royal Mail does too! Posties deliver millions of cards and Christmas presents every year in the UK and senders will need to pay attention to the Royal Mail’s Christmas posting schedule if t
- 00:18 Police tackle vehicle offences in Clayton-le-Woods
- 00:17 Some psychosis cases an 'immune disorder'
- 00:17 Children's online junk food ads banned by industry
- 00:17 Chelsea consider raid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez: Antonio...
- 00:17 Roy Keane says Leicester are 'in big trouble' as he claims the club...
- 00:17 Karim Benzema becomes sixth player to score 50 Champions League...
- 00:16 Getting ready for the world of work
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...