News from Driffield Today
The cold snap which brought snow and wintry showers to the county this week will be replaced by warmer temperatures and sunshine for the Bank Holiday weekend. The Met Office has confirmed today that they are expecting temperatures to reach into double fi
Old crop feed wheat values have slightly retreated this week as £150/T ex-farm begins to slip from the farm-sellers reach. Most end-user bids for spot delivery are now in the region of £153/T-£155/T delivered, making it very difficult to put £150/T on th
We’re only a day away from one of the biggest events in Yorkshire’s sporting calendar and this year I’m delighted that Bridlington will again be playing a huge part in it. Off course I’m talking about the Tour de Yorkshire. When the town hosted the start
Police have issued a statement following a protest about fracking in Kirby Misperton. Superintendent Dave Hannan said that a small number of complaints had been made following the incident. Head of specialist operations Supt Hannan said: “North Yorkshire
The gym has been great for my fitness but after a while, it does get a bit monotonous. I have done all the virtual routes on the cross-trainers and I needed something competitive, everyone likes being a winner after all. So Bridlington Tennis Club’s open
Friends and family of the popular club steward at Bridlington Town football club will be raising money in her memory this weekend. As the club’s first team round off their league season with an away match at Garforth Town, their Queensgate stadium will b
Malta, Gibraltar, Holland, Cyprus and even the Shetland Isles are among the teams represented at the EBA European Pool Championship at Bridlington Spa this week. The floor of the Royal Hall has been filled with dozens of tables, as hundreds of players ha
There are 381 stations, 278 miles, 11 lines – and 12 hours. Simon Boulton’s London Underground challenge is going to involve military planning. He and fellow Bridlington Lions Club member Chris Beesting are aiming to pass through every Tube station in th
A teenager had his bike stolen while he helped to raise funds for his junior football club. Lewis Williamson, 14, locked his bike using a thick chain while he was helping with Burlington Jackdaws’ fund-raising at the Ship Inn at Sewerby, but the silver C
An internationally-renowned company, which has worked on projects across the globe, has been appointed to carry out the design work for Bridlington’s long-awaited marina. Arup, which employs 14,000 staff based in 92 offices across 42 countries, will draw
A technology company is hoping to bring braille back from decline after inventing the first ‘Kindle for the blind’. The Canute, which contains over 1,000 cogs, pinions and mechanical connectors, turns text downloaded from a memory stick into braille. The
Temperatures will fall dramatically in Yorkshire this week - and snow is even predicted. Wintry showers are expected on low ground, with proper snow on the hills.
Men who make sexist and homophobic jokes suffer low self-esteem and are trying to boost their manliness, a study has found. Researchers claim that men find disparaging jokes about women and gay people funny when they feel their masculinity is being threa
Mulder and Scully are to continue their search for the truth in a new series of The X-Files. The popular sci-fi drama is returning for a new 10-part series which will be shown during the 2017-18 television season, Fox network said. David Duchovny and Gil
Some truly magnificent historic collections of items from bygone times are built up by antiquarians, but unfortunately they are all too easily lost, destroyed or split up and sold if the collector loses interest or dies. Staff at the East Riding Archives
- 16:07 WATCH footage of two women police want to talk to in connection...
- 16:07 Pharmacy opening times for the May bank holidays in Burton,...
- 16:06 Bowland Explorer will connect rural communities
- 16:06 UK mobile network performance best in Belfast area
- 16:06 Hackers used Microsoft Word bug 'for months'
- 16:06 Joey Barton ban is harsh, Eric Cantona got less - Burnley boss Sean...
- 16:06 Alvaro Morata considers Juventus return amid Chelsea’s interest
- 16:06 Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is overrated and lucky to have a...
- 16:06 Trampoline park rejected on health and safety grounds - but it's...
- 16:05 Mum writes to school and says daughter is ‘done’ with homework
- 16:05 Young people in Hartlepool appealing for unwanted bikes
- 16:05 Couple charged in connection with theft of more than £60,000
- 16:05 Well-wishers send their love to brave Bradley Lowery
- 16:04 Doctor Who season 10: Director reveals THIS scene was deleted from...
- 16:04 'End the injustice!'- Plea by Venezuelan official's son stirs nation
- 16:04 Mansfield runner’s London Marathon journey
- 16:04 Passionate Match.com date ended with plate smashing in Mansfield
- 16:04 Why has Liverpool Council put a non-disclosure clause into all...
- 16:04 Kids at birthday party evacuated from laser tag after suspected...
- 16:04 Ministers lose bid to delay air pollution plan
- 16:04 Driver fleeing police crashes into 5 vehicles in Rawling Way, Hull
- 16:04 Inspired sisters take on races for CERU
- 16:03 Burnley manager Sean Dyche demands FA clamp down on divers after...
- 16:03 Bayern Munich trigger £18m option to convert Kingsley Coman loan...
- 16:03 Jo Konta out of Porsche Grand Prix in Stuttgart after being beaten...
- 16:03 Tottenham match-winner Christian Eriksen hails Crystal Palace win:...
- 16:03 Southampton striker Charlie Austin could make first team return...
- 16:03 Sunderland defender John O'Shea admits his side face toughest...
- 16:03 Paul Clement confident Swansea will survive in the Premier League...
- 16:03 Boxing: Four North Wales successes at Welsh Elite Schoolboy...