News from Doncaster Free Press
A police operation was run at Doncaster’s airport to try to identify potential victims of modern-day slavery. South Yorkshire Police and partner agencies looked for possible victims and raised awareness of the issue. Supt Bob Chapman said: “It’s a sad fa
Train passengers travelling on services through Doncaster are experiencing delays of up to three hours this afternoon, due to overhead wire problems. The overhead wire problems, which are affecting services between Doncaster and Retford, mean that trains
Motorists travelling on a stretch of motorway in South Yorkshire are experiencing major delays this afternoon, due to a road traffic collision. There is currently one lane blocked and queuing traffic on M1 northbound between M18 and J33, A630 in Catcliff
A new report which focuses on the education needs of the town says it is 'vital' that Doncaster becomes a 'university city'. The One Doncaster plan, drawn up by an independent panel of commissioners, gives 30 recommendations for how the town’s educationa
Doncaster MP Ed Miliband has now weighed into the debate over comments made by Gary Lineker on the Syrian refugee crisis. The Match of the Day host has faced criticism from newspapers including The Sun after he Tweeted: “The treatment by some towards the
A number of Doncaster taxi drivers have been suspended for defects, after police carried out spot-checks last night. A total of five taxis were suspended for defects during the checks, which took place between 6.30pm and 9.30pm. South Yorkshire Police co
Doncaster MP Caroline Flint is calling for tougher sentences to be introduced for anyone who attacks a police officer, after it was revealed 265 assaults have been carried out against officers in South Yorkshire in the last year. This comes after the Don
North Lincolnshire Council is about to enter into an advertising agreement that will generate money to provide key services. The move would help bridge the gap between what the government gives the council and the cost to continue to provide local servic
Organisers of a South Yorkshire Halloween have banned people from wearing 'killer clown' costumes, and say they will turn anyone wearing one away with no refund. A spokesman for the annual Halloween Spooktacular event in Wentworth Woodhouse, Rotherham sa
New collection calendars are currently being delivered to all households in North Lincolnshire and will take effect from October 31. Isle residents are being advised to check the calendar carefully as their collection day may change. The new waste collec
Apple is planning to debut its long-awaited new Mac updates at an event on October 27, according to reports. The Californian company is expected to reveal a new thinner MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, having concentrated on relaunching the MacBook range and
Work is set to get underway on a new joint fire and police station in South Yorkshire this week. As part of the work Maltby fire station will close and Maltby police station will be modified to accommodate fire service vehicles and staff, under the plans
Here's a forecast from the Met Office detailing what weather you can expect in Doncaster this weekend. Today begins with a chilly, dull start to the day with mist and fog over the hills. During the morning the mist and fog will clear with some bright or
Brits will spend nearly eight years of their lives doing household chores, a study has found. Cleaning, ironing, food shop shopping and even walking the dog means the average adult spends just under three hours a day on domestic tasks. This amounts to 20
A number of people have been injured following a multi-vehicle road traffic collision in South Yorkshire. The collision occurred at the junction of Bawtry Road and Church Lane in Bramley at around 10pm last night. A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokes
- 17:17 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 17:14 Michaelson Road Bridge reopens after day-long closure
- 17:13 How many more victims does this paedophile police officer have?
- 17:12 BMA calls for helpline for people addicted to prescription drugs
- 17:11 Graeme Souness slams Martin Atkinson for not sending Chelsea’s...
- 17:11 Grand opening of new exotic wildlife zoo is a roaring success
- 17:11 Dorothy wins award for a lifetime of work
- 17:10 Doncaster man in appeal for help to trace tools worth £15k stolen...
- 17:10 Police warning to town centre drinkers
- 17:09 Celtic Player Ratings: Scott Brown the hero during win against Rangers
- 17:06 'Pop up' stage performance arriving at Huddersfield Railway Station...
- 17:06 Burundi police question U.S. journalist, keep her fixer in custody
- 17:05 Busy Bees competes to create the best 'healthy biscuit' for...
- 17:01 Region’s MEP to stand for troubled UKIP’s leadership
- 17:00 Rangers fan, 11, rushed to hospital after being hit in head by...
- 16:59 Man savagely batters young mum after she asks him to stop smoking...
- 16:59 Burkina police kill jihadist in firefight in capital
- 16:58 Woman arrested as part of Notts historical abuse investigation is...
- 16:57 Rangers player ratings: Gary Ralston rates the Gers as Dembele...
- 16:57 Celtic player ratings: Gary Ralston rates the Hoops heroes as they...
- 16:57 Steve Dillon: Judge Dredd, Preacher and Punisher comic artist dies
- 16:56 Wrexham AFC 2 Bromley 1: How the players rated
- 16:55 Chelsea star David Luiz should have been sent off for awful...
- 16:55 Trolling? Eidur Gudjohnsen reminds Jose Mourinho of happier times...
- 16:53 Region’s MEP to stand for troubled UKIP’s leadership
- 16:52 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 16:51 Jail for Holywell man who stamped on girlfriend's face during drink...
- 16:50 Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel accused of being...
- 16:50 Chile's president forgets to sign name at voting booth, leaves...
- 16:50 Could this finally signal the end for nuisance calls?