News from Doncaster Free Press
Police have this afternoon named a 29-year-old student whose body was pulled out of water near to the Doncaster college he studied at. He has been formally identified as 29-year-old James Nicholls from the Long Eaton area of Nottingham. Mr Nicholls' body
North Lincolnshire Council’s Adult Social Care Service is performing very well compared to the rest of the country. The findings come as part of the recent national Adult Social Care Outcome Framework (ASCOF) that compares local performance with other co
The non-residential water supply market is due to become more competitive in April 2017. North Lincolnshire Council is preparing to access this market by joining forces with other regional authorities. The water supply market is historically uncompetitiv
The deputy principal at Doncaster College has expressed her 'sadness' over the death of a 29-year-old student whose body was found on the college's campus earlier this week. The body of James Nichollswas discovered by workmen in water near to the college
Staff and pupils at Bentley High Street Primary have been working very hard to dress their school ready for Christmas. A spokesman said: “The theme for this year has been ‘light’ and the displays around school look absolutely amazing.” Parents were invit
Two Yorkshire teenagers have been arrested after allegedly taking a car without the owner's consent. This photo shows the state of the car after the incident, in which the car allegedly failed to stop for police after having been taken without the owner'
His passion for the tuba has won a talented Sheffield teenager a coveted place in next year’s National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. Tapton sixth former Christopher Barron began playing the tuba just four years ago. Now, he will join 162 other young
Doncaster residents are set to feel the pinch once more, as the local authority prepares to increase council tax by 3.9 per cent and cut 90 council posts in a bid to make £26m of savings. The details have been released as part of the draft budget for the
THE 2017 Tour de Yorkshire will finish with the toughest stage in the race’s brief history, it was announced today. The three-day race will conclude on April 30 with a 194.5-kilometre stage from Bradford to Fox Valley near Sheffield including eight categ
Rotherham Council is pleased to announce the formal opening of four adapted, self-contained apartments in Shaftesbury House that offer short term accommodation for up to six weeks to adults with health and/or care needs under the badge of the ‘short stay
Doncaster Mayor Ros Jones has answered our questions on the budget being proposed for the 2017/18 financial year, when the council will attempt to make £26m of savings, increase council tax by 3.9 per cent and lose 90 posts. Mayor Ros Jones (RJ) was also
The following were convicted at Doncaster, Chesterfield and Sheffield magistrates’ courts between Monday, November 21, and Thursday December 1. Sheffield All addresses are in Sheffield unless otherwise stated. Mazain Fawed Kaladi: 24, of Lucas Street, po
A sickness bug halted filming on Doncaster sitcom Still Open All Hours - but the first epsiode of the new series will air on Boxing Day as planned. Filming of hit show was stopped and producers put the new series on hold after the cast, including its mai
Saturday night revellers in Doncaster will soon be able to head to a safe haven in the town centre. The aim of the project is to offer drinkers and party-goers support when they hurt themselves or to keep them safe when they’ve had a little bit too much
This incredible 1970s cinema advert for The Star has surfaced - and with its groovy soundtrack, serves up an amazing trip down memory lane. The eight and a half minute epic shows a host of familiar places and locations across Sheffield and follows the li
- 22:30 Nice go three points clear on Ligue 1 summit after convincing win...
- 22:30 Alex Pritchard: Condemning Brentford to defeat wasn't an issue for me
- 22:30 Adam Reach: Sheffield Wednesday would have won without Preston red...
- 22:29 Italian referendum: PM Matteo Renzi suffers heavy defeat, exit...
- 22:27 Deutsche Boerse chief seeks to reassure Frankfurt on merger plan
- 22:26 Italy PM Renzi heading for heavy referendum defeat - exit polls
- 22:20 Mark Selby holds off a Ronnie O'Sullivan fightback to win the UK...
- 22:17 Row over fees breaks out between fund responsible for saving BHS...
- 22:17 As Eurocrats compile report on £21bn deal: Will Brussels block...
- 22:17 Stat shows how much Liverpool rely on Joel Matip after...
- 22:15 Matt Palmer's wonder-strike for Burton Albion: would any goalkeeper...
- 22:13 Motorist who drove his Range Rover at two men injuring them is jailed
- 22:13 Molson Coors gets five-year contract with Center Parcs
- 22:12 England coach Eddie Jones targets majority share for next summer's...
- 22:12 Owen Farrell hopes England can continue to kick on after Australia...
- 22:12 Eddie Jones threatens England stars with axe despite perfect 2016
- 22:12 Nathan Hughes shows he can fill Billy Vunipola's boots after...
- 22:12 Miss Great Grimsby 2017 auditions have begun!
- 22:11 Oxbridge student found dead on first night of university ski trip...
- 22:08 Brazil: Thousands marches against 'watered down anti-corruption bill'
- 22:06 Mark Selby wins UK Championship 2016 against Ronnie O'Sullivan
- 21:56 How you can get 18 consecutive days off work for only 9 days...
- 21:56 Hearts eyeing Newcastle assistant Ian Cathro as a possible...
- 21:54 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Ronnie O'Sullivan in epic snooker...
- 21:50 Manchester United legend Gary Neville slams Marouane Fellaini for...
- 21:43 Canadian woman, 96, becomes a great-great-great grandmother
- 21:39 The Apprentice past winners: Where are they now?
- 21:35 Panto Peter Pan ‘kept me on the edge of my seat’
- 21:34 In pictures: Cuba says final goodbye to Fidel Castro
- 21:31 Kezia Dugdale to accuse Tories of reopening indyref divisions