News from Doncaster Free Press
A Doncaster swimming school has teamed up with a national charity to improve opportunities for deaf children. Puddle Ducks Doncaster has joined forces with the National Deaf Children’s Society to provide deaf awareness training to all their swimming teac
Doncaster Sheffield Airport is a “game changer” for job creation which deserves the “best crack of all”, according to the region’s business and regeneration body. Chris Scholey, the City Region’s lead for the site, said they were taking its success “incr
Controversial former Doncaster Rovers star El-Hadji Diouf has announced plans to become a politician. The 36-year-old is attempting to become an MP in his home country of Senegal. Diouf revealed he has scrapped plans to into management because a career i
A weather warning for ice has been issued by the Met Office, with difficult driving conditions expected tomorrow. Ice is expected to form overnight leading to difficult driving conditions on untreated roads and slippery conditions on pavements. Showers a
An unprecedented baby boom caused joy for parents across South Yorkshire – but for council bosses it has led to an almighty headache. Parents often think that when their child is ready for primary school then they will automatically be given a place clos
Proud parents of creative kids living in the Crystal Peaks townships will be able to see their children’s vibrant work during half-term. Over the last few weeks the Crystal Peaks branch of The Nottingham has been engaging with local primary and junior sc
Pregnant Doncaster mum rushed to hospital after HAIR DYE makes her face swell to twice its size - PICTURES
A Doncaster mum-to-be has told how doctors feared she would stop breathing after she had a severe allergic reaction to hair dye - which left her "looking like a monster". Pregnant Samantha Espley coloured her hair black using the same Nice...
Nearly three quarters of the money needed to build a new Doncaster home for an iconic Vulcan bomber has been raised. The owners of the locally based cold war jet have pledged their commitment to keeping the aircraft in Doncaster, and revealed they have n
ALERT: Scammers taking control of people's computers in South Yorkshire and demanding payments to release them
Scammers are taking control of people's computers and demanding payments to release them again. Trading Standards officers said tens of thousands of users are falling victim to such scams - which begin when they ask for help with a printer error. The fra
A vandal is being hunted over an attack on a bus in South Yorkshire. A bus was travelling through Mexborough when a man or teenage boy threw something at the windscreen, which damaged the glass. It happened at 8.05pm on Saturday, January 7 as a Stagecoac
Poorer pupils are increasingly making less progress at secondary school in England compared with their better-off peers. The Social Mobility Commission said poorer pupils were often overtaken by their more affluent peers even if they had outperformed the
Lucky graduates from the National Citizen Service (NCS) enjoyed VIP treatment when they joined the players at the Sheffield United versus Scunthorpe United match recently, a special event organised by Sheffield United Community Foundation. Scunthorpe Uni
A High Court deadline for MEP Jane Collins to pay more than £150, 000 in libel damages and costs to Rotherham’s three MPs expires later today. Labour politicians Kevin Barron, John Healey and Sarah Champion are all entitled to £54,000 each from the UKIP
A burglar has been jailed for 12 years for attacking a man with a spade during a break-in. Paul Anthony Varley, aged 54 and another man, who has not yet been identified, broke into a house in Rands Lane, Armthorpe, Doncaster, last January. Varley, who wa
A boy, aged 16, was threatened by two men armed with an axe on a South Yorkshire street. The teenager was confronted by the men, who South Yorkshire Police said he knew, in Victoria Street, Edlington, Doncaster, at 10.30pm on Tuesday, February 21. He was
- 14:07 U.S. core capital goods orders unexpectedly fall in January
- 14:07 FTSE gains despite insurers, LSE weakness
- 14:07 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:06 How Jose Mourinho rewarded his Man United players after their EFL...
- 14:06 Police found Carlisle murder accused 'covered in his partner's blood'
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway
- 14:01 Ray Parlour backs Arsenal to sign Manchester City striker Sergio...
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...