News from Dewsbury Reporter
A vigil is to be held in Batley today to remember the victims of the terror attack in Finsbury Park. Organisers say this is an opportunity to demonstrate the diversity and unity of the area, and show that all communities must stand together. “The vigil i
WE ALL know that history doesn’t write itself. It is written mainly by ordinary people who give of their time to research aspects of local history which interests them most. They often spend years carrying out painstaking research to make sure they’ve go
West Yorkshire’s Chief Constable today warned that cuts to police resources in the county, combined with the demands of a growing population, are putting increasing strain on her “exhausted” officers. The claim by Dee Collins came on the day the top offi
FOUR men who attacked and robbed a teenager are being hunted by police. They targeted the 17-year-old youth on Headlands Street at Liversedge just after 10pm on Wednesday. Police said one of the men of them pulled the victim's T-shirt over his head and h
Patrols increased after man finds 'racially aggravated' graffiti on wall in attack at Heckmondwike home
A man who was struck from behind while carrying out DIY in his home regained consciousness to find racist graffiti on his wall. Detectives in Kirklees are appealing for information after the man was attacked during what is being treated as a burglary in
An exclusive retail masterclass with tips for everyone from pop-up shop owners to multinationals and everyone in between is being held at The Ridings Shopping Centre in Wakefield. The event is being led by retail guru Kate Hardcastle and is the first in
A Cleckheaton-based specialist lighting company has been awarded a regional business of the month award. Set up by founder and managing director, Matt Butcher, a former wedding DJ, Wedding Venue Lighting was inspired by his passion for the technical side
West Yorkshire’s former Chief Constable racked up more than £19,000 in travel costs in the 15 months before he retired from the force, new figures have revealed. The total for Mark Gilmore’s car hire, flights, rail travel, accommodation and conference fe
Batley and Spen MP Tracy Brabin spoke of her admiration for local carers during a visit to the Birstall Carers Group. The group of current and former carers, which also welcomes cared for people, meets at Birstall Methodist Church and provides group supp
A handgun has been found in hedges next to a church and school on the Dewsbury-Batley border. The discovery was made last night by member of the public near to St Paul’s Church in Hanging Heaton. The car park by the church, which backs on to Hanging Heat
POLICE are appealing for the public's help to trace a wanted man who has been charged with a number of sex offences. Officers have released a photograph of Wakefield man Carl Hartley, 25, who is wanted for breaching his court bail conditions after being
Trains are set to grind to a hall during a three-day strike by staff at Arriva Rail North. The RMT union said the industrial action would be held on from Saturday, July 8, in a long-running dispute over staffing and driver-only trains. The union wants a
Four members of 868 (Mirfield) Squadron – Charlie McGovern, Emma Parkin, Joel Silvester and Leah Silvester – recently travelled to Buckingham Palace to receive their Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award from the Duke himself. Each cadet was allowed to take one f
A Heckmondwike man was knocked unconscious in his own home by burglars and awoke to find racist graffiti written on his wall. The incident happened at around 9.30am at an address on Westfield Street yesterday (Wednesday). The suspects entered the house,
The latest court reports as published in the Reporter Series June 22 edition are published below. Numbers refer to the defendants’ ages. Thomas Sheard, (19), of Lonsbrough Avenue, Heckmondwike, Community order, electronically-monitored curfew for 16 week
- 09:56 Manchester United open talks for Barcelona star Jordi Alba and more...
- 09:56 Newsreader Pam Royle ‘sad’ after theft of charity bear from South...
- 09:55 Ayrodynamic Tri Club's Davie Auchie books Team GB date for Euro...
- 09:54 Investigation launched into gas cylinder fire in Leicester
- 09:54 Named and shamed: Find out who has been in the courts in Derbyshire
- 09:53 PRODUCT RECALL: ‘Sharp point’ on chipmunk toy could cause injury
- 09:53 Jeremy Corbyn tells Glastonbury: 'We are ready for another election'
- 09:52 Selfless Tarporley youngster takes on charity challenge for equine...
- 09:51 Joe Riley reluctant to give up on Manchester United dream: He's...
- 09:50 Here are 24 strange phobias you probably don't even know exist!
- 09:50 PLEASE HELP: Blind war veteran appeals for return of medals lost at...
- 09:49 Tiny dormice threatened by extinction as numbers plummet by 72 per...
- 09:48 PRODUCT RECALL: ‘Sharp point’ on chipmunk toy could cause injury
- 09:46 South Shields woman dies in suspected drugs incident
- 09:45 Businesses urged to work more closely together
- 09:44 Proms in the Noughties - these are the earliest prom pictures we...
- 09:44 Opera review: The Beggar’s Opera at Storyhouse
- 09:43 Formula 1 News: Lewis Hamilton reveals secret to incredible...
- 09:43 Oil tanker explosion in Pakistan kills at least 123 people
- 09:41 Fylde coast holiday park's £750,000 revamp
- 09:41 World cup rugby player passes on skills to Hartlepool youngsters
- 09:40 Half of Brits don't know their neighbours' names, research shows
- 09:40 Nottinghamshire: Weather forecast for Sunday
- 09:38 The National Lottery is about to change - here's how it will affect...
- 09:38 Grime star Stormzy pays tribute to Grenfell Tower victims at...
- 09:38 Tiny dormice threatened by extinction as numbers plummet by 72 per...
- 09:38 If you genuinely want to slim down, stop saying you ‘can’t eat...
- 09:36 Danny Dyer and Sarah Harding ‘enjoyed secret six-week fling while...
- 09:36 Devoted Derbyshire couple died side-by-side in suicide pact
- 09:36 PRODUCT RECALL: ‘Sharp point’ on chipmunk toy could cause injury