News from Dewsbury Reporter
Police are investigating an incident in Langley Mill overnight after eye-witness accounts of a street brawl and a suspected stabbing. Derbyshire Constabulary and paramedics were called to Station Road, in Langley Mill, after reports from witnesses of an
Hard hitting. That was the overall feeling expressed by pupils from schools across West Yorkshire when they took a one-day trip to the death and concentration camps at Auschwitz in Poland. The group, including pupils from Rodillian Academy, Batley Girls’
The traffic stopped in Dewsbury 60 years ago when this picture of film star Mai Zetterlin was taken on Longcauseway while she was appearing at the Empire Theatre, writes Margaret Watson. It is a photograph which brings back memories of the days when it w
Augmented reality, virtual reality and a chat assistant that knows when you’re hungry – Facebook is making some big changes in 2017. Launched yesterday by Mark Zuckerberg, F8 2017, Facebook’s annual developer’s conference, opened with some major new feat
Dog walkers who refuse to pick up after their pets in public are being warned they are more likely to be fined due to changes within Kirklees Council. A new partnership has been set up with a private company to help put a greater emphasis on catching off
A retired police detective-turned-foster carer is backing a Kirklees Council campaign to find loving homes for 52 children in its care who will need support until they’re able to live independently. A major shortage of long-term foster carers means some
Two courageous war heroes who were awarded the nation’s highest military honour will be commemorated with a...
War heroes to be honoured 100 years on Sergeant John William Ormsby, from Dewsbury, and Private Horace Waller, of Batley Carr, put their lives on the line whilst serving the country during the First World War. They were both awarded the Victoria Cross (V
Just 12 months ago, Jamie Meaden was not able to walk unaided. The 48-year-old chef had spent five months bedridden in hospital. Doctors had said Jamie’s kidney, liver and heart were failing. By this point, Jamie, of Hunsworth, Cleckheaton, had defied th
A heritage project looking into the history of Batley Bulldogs RLFC will be launched following an £85,300 windfall which coincides with the 120th anniversary of the club’s victory in the first ever Challenge Cup final. The money , courtesy of the Nationa
Yorkshire's Flamingo Land is a wild family fun day out and it just got better - we have an amazing reader offer to save you up to HALF PRICE on family tickets! With up to a whopping 50 per cent off you pay only £60 for a Family Day Ticket and just £260 f
Arif Ahmad, representing the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association UK, last week attended a reception held by the mayor of Appleby-in-Westmoreland. Chief guest at the event was the Prince of Wales who was returning to Appleby-in-Westmoreland more than one year on
Temperatures will plunge to single figures next week as winter makes an unwelcome return to Yorkshire. The coolest days, Tuesday and Wednesday, will see daytime lows of just six degrees - temperatures more typical of February than late April. Monday will
West Yorkshire fire crews tackled a blaze at a three storey derelict mill earlier tonight. It started at the back of the building in Dewsbury at around 7.30pm. Four crews from Osset, Dewsbury, Cleckheaton and Mirfield attended. They used breathing appara
The latest court reports as published in the Reporter Series April 20 edition are published below. Numbers refer to the defendants’ ages. Lee Hartley, (51), of Cemetery Road, Dewsbury, £85 costs for attempting to steal a mobile phone. Shaun Carter, (48),
A road where an elderly man was rescued following a crash this afternoon may not be open for another two hours. The pensioner was freed by firefighters after the three-car pile-up on Bar Lane, Midgley, near Netherton, at around 2pm. Crews from Skelmantho
- 01:21 La Rochelle 14-16 Gloucester: Cherry and Whites end hosts' unbeaten...
- 01:17 Save money on your energy bills by signing up to collective...
- 01:17 New scheme to help more parents with the costs of childcare
- 01:13 Manchester United vs Celta Vigo: Everything you need to know
- 01:09 As it happened - Burton Albion 2 - 1 Leeds United, Brewers claim...
- 01:09 Garry Monk says Burton Albion win was 'extremely unfair' on his...
- 01:09 Fulham loanee Lasse Vigen Christensen on how Burton Albion dealt...
- 00:58 Retailers can expect to feel the pinch as they grapple with falling...
- 00:58 City News: AkzoNobel, View My Chain & Clinton Cards
- 00:58 PPI compensation bill set to hit £37bn as banks unveil...
- 00:58 Five Minute Guide to: Ensuring your car cover is valid
- 00:57 Troy Deeney accuses Watford of playing 'like it was FIFA' in Hull...
- 00:57 Mo Farah has to win a marathon before he is better than me, says...
- 00:57 Hibernian boss Neil Lennon takes a pop at 'boy band' side for...
- 00:53 Speeding fines are changing from TOMORROW - Here’s everything you...
- 00:52 To Ray Davies, America is a 'beautiful but dangerous' place
- 00:51 Cuba's slick TV channel that supports 'more revolution'
- 00:51 Hackney club acid attack: Man charged over attack
- 00:50 Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum braced for physical battle...
- 00:50 Benfica draw with Sporting marred by supporter fighting as Italian...
- 00:50 Wigan could face competition from Norwich for Uwe Rosler as they...
- 00:47 'Rebel without a cause' Corbyn unsuitable for No 10 - Tory chief
- 00:47 Lotto jackpot rolls over to £6.9 million
- 00:47 Record number of runners prepare for London Marathon challenge
- 00:47 All-girl dance troupe wow their way into BGT semi-final
- 00:47 Nafisah Baba named as BBC's Young Dancer 2017
- 00:47 100 firefighters tackle Dagenham warehouse blaze
- 00:42 Couple tell of terrifying kidnap ordeal
- 00:38 Why Rome sends trains filled with rubbish to Austria
- 00:36 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says unfamiliar feeling of...