News from Dewsbury Reporter
A Dewsbury junior school has been ordered to improve after the quality of its teaching was criticised. Boothroyd Primary Academy was visited by inspectors from the education watchdog, Ofsted, who found the outcome for pupils was also a cause for concern.
A GRANDMOTHER from Leeds was killed while crossing a road in Majorca just hours after arriving for a family holiday on the island, an inquest heard. Patricia Crosby, 67, suffered fatal injuries when was struck by a Volkswagen Scirocco on a main road near
Frazer Powell, 12, is joining alumni of a local performance school on the path to success after securing the junior lead role to the opening performance of Strictly Ballroom, the Musical. Frazer, of the Stuart Stage School, Heckmondwike, already has a st
A teenager from Mirfield has landed a managing director role with a Huddersfield-based marketing agency. Mirfield girl Erika Maybury, 19, has been appointed as the new MD of Hollywood Agency. The former Castle Hall Academy student left Greenhead College
A shortstaffed care home where stressed out care workers were too tired to meet the needs of elderly residents has ben rated “inadequate” by inspectors. The manager of Ashmeadows care home in Cleckheaton was “extremely tired” after working 98 hours over
A range of pet food has been recalled by its manufacturer following the discovery that the product contains salmonella. Natures Menu is recalling its ‘Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg’ frozen pet food, as it has been to
A fundraising campaign has been launched to help tackle social isolation and loneliness amongst elderly people. BatleySmile CIC wants to support the running of more activities, including craft, history and music workshops, at Howden Clough Community Cent
A travel website that highlights Britain’s best food events has included our very own Rhubarb Festival. Expedia.co.uk, regularly used by thousands of holidaymakers, has put together the interactive map listing the most prestigious places to taste top gru
The country’s top cyclists will be heading to Kirklees after organisers of the Tour de Yorkshire revealed the stage routes for next year’s event. Stage 3 from Bradford to Fox Valley will see riders cycle 194.5km along Huddersfield Road towards Birstall,
John Cleese has led tributes to Andrew Sachs, the actor best known for starring as Spanish waiter Manuel in Fawlty Towers. Sachs was buried on Thursday at 86 after battling vascular dementia for four years, according to reports. The German-born performer
When you walk in to The Black Rock pub, a Christmas wonderland greets you. Festive lights line the bar, tinsel snakes its way around the walls, and foil decorations and streamers leave little of the ceiling on show. Landlord Shaun Slater has gone all out
Train fares will go up by an average of 2.3% next month, the rail industry has announced. It is the largest rise in three years and will take effect from January 2. Public transport campaigners warned that some people are being “priced off the railways”,
A former PC repair shop in Batley could be transformed into a snooker complex for young people. Plans forwarded to Kirklees Council want to turn Dual House in Wellington Street into a place where youngsters can socialise and play snooker throughout the w
Motorists are being warned of severe delays this rush hour due to emergency repairs on the M62. One lane is closed on the exit slip road and traffic is slow in both directions at junction 42 (Lofthouse) of the M62,
An award-winning TV chef is joining Greater Manchester Police’s 2016 Christmas campaign, giving tips on how to create the perfect recipe for a safe and happy Christmas. Adam Reid, one of the winners of this year’s Great British Menu has backed the Forces
- 08:34 Monday interview: Nick Jefferies, chief executive of Acal
- 08:33 Preston man sets himself on fire in horror wood burner accident
- 08:33 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:32 Conor McGregor: I know I can knock out Floyd Mayweather!
- 08:32 Jurgen Klopp will look to buy this player in January - pundit
- 08:32 WATCH: Collision closes Cadley Lane in Swadlincote
- 08:30 The Yorkshire Ripper and Ian Huntley are really enjoying Planet...
- 08:30 Four-way lights are installed at Telford's Shawbirch roundabout
- 08:29 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 08:29 Leyland bicep biter admits attacking relative
- 08:27 Plan for continental-style outdoor seating at tapas and cocktail bar
- 08:27 Social worker sacked and suspended after assault
- 08:27 Bill Jamieson: End of an era for UK income funds
- 08:26 Former mining community honoured with new Ray Lonsdale statue
- 08:26 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:26 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 08:26 Pupils ‘must be taught British values’ claims Westminster review
- 08:25 Missing teenage girl has not been seen for almost a week
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark