News from Dewsbury Reporter
Firefighters in West Yorkshire were attacked for consecutive three nights while on duty. West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service have today warned they will not tolerate any attacks on firefighters trying to protect people from harm. The attacks happened
AN ACCOUNTANT who fleeced taxpayers of nearly £180,000 while he was head of finance at Leeds Grand Theatre has been jailed for five years. Peter Alp was told he had committed the offences of out of “sheer greed” after being found guilty of conspiracy to
Leeds United superfan Gary Edwards has proved he still has the write stuff by releasing his FIFTH book charting the ups and downs of following his beloved football club. Fifty Shades of White is packed with yet more of its 60-year-old author’s trademark
Health bosses are being forced into drawing up secretive plans to cut and privatise services because of government budget cuts, campaigners claim. NHS commissioners have been urged to halt proposals to make services affordable over the next five years as
Plan your weekend with our guide to the best live music, theatre and events. FRIDAY Events Comrades Club, Heckmondwike: Halloween play, 7.30pm. Now that Autumn is here Heckmondwike Players are getting ready for Halloween by preparing to stage a “spooktac
For exactly 100 years, we have been putting the clocks back at the end of October - and we’ll do so again at 1am GMT this Sunday (October 30, 2016). But according to a new poll, we still haven’t got used to it. A survey of 1,000 bleary-eyed Brits reveale
Britain’s biggest animal charity are dealing with a spike in cruelty cases - including a German Shepherd without any fur. The German shepherd was found with such a severe untreated skin condition she had virtually no fur left, in one of the worst cases f
skies across North Kirklees will light up next weekend as we remember remember the fifth of November. Mirfield Round Table will hold their colourful fireworks display on Saturday November 5 at Mirfield Showground. The event will begin from 5.30pm, with t
An award winning Indian restaurant will be treating diners to a meal with a difference, by blindfolding them. Prashad, on Whitehall Road in Drighlington, is hosting a fundraising Dining in the Dark experience in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind. The aim o
Thieves stole a cast iron safe full of cash from a restaurant in Cleckheaton. Police are appealing for information following a burglary at Aldo’s Pizzeria on Dewsbury Road overnight on October 13. It is believed the thieves gained entry by forcing a rear
A new project has been launched that is using rugby league to continue the legacy of the late Jo Cox. The British Asian Rugby Association (BARA) has set up the project and is searching for 15 girls from across the Kirklees region to continue the late MP’
The latest court reports as published in the Reporter Series October 27 edition are published below. Numbers refer to the defendants’ ages. Peter Richardson, (32), of Copley Street, Batley, Community order with rehabilitation activity requirement for 25
It’s two months until Christmas, and the reality TV stars of Britain are beginning to crawl out of the woodwork to sell their fitness DVDs. The peddling of various miracle workouts has already begun in earnest and former stars of The Only Way is Essex or
Patchwork Pate has recalled 15 varieties of its pate over fears it could contain the toxin responsible for potentially fatal botulism food poisoning. The company has been forced into the recall after being unable to prove the effectiveness of its safety
The chances of spotting the Aurora Borealis above Yorkshire should increase over the next few days, according to weather experts. According to the British Geological Survey, elevated geomagnetic activity caused by a high-speed solar wind will take place
- 05:34 Man United players want Jose Mourinho to make this change: Axed...
- 05:31 Ladybird plague heading for Lincolnshire - here's what to do
- 05:25 Man Utd's XI under Jose Mourinho in five years: Which stars could...
- 05:25 Arsenal hero: Arsene Wenger shouldn't start this Gunners star...
- 05:22 Two senior Chinese officers expelled from Communist Party
- 05:22 Roads to be closed for Grantham A&E protest march
- 05:22 Alan Power hopes he has 'proved a point' to Lincoln City boss Danny...
- 05:19 Sordid history of shameless father and son burglars
- 05:19 Activist calls on 'dodgy dossier' claims to be ignored in Labour...
- 05:19 Walton Breck Road regeneration plans get “resoundingly positive”...
- 05:19 Chelsea hero: Why these Blues stars have really surprised me this...
- 05:16 All hail the mighty uncle - Chinese welcome Xi as the 'core'
- 05:16 World's largest marine park created in Antarctic Ocean
- 05:14 Wolverhampton Wanderers nearly ruined my marriage - Robert Plant
- 05:06 Nato chief says alliance 'does not want new Cold War'
- 05:00 Expected Chelsea XI: Who will start in Antonio Conte's 3-4-3...
- 04:53 Children’s work used for Viking funeral fire
- 04:51 Bangladesh vs England second Test day one LIVE: Zafar Ansari handed...
- 04:44 12 weeks to save the shuttle bus
- 04:44 World Bank appoints first adviser to tackle LGBTI discrimination
- 04:42 Conor McGregor is nothing more than a left hand - UFC lightweight...
- 04:42 Martin Keown: Man United boss Jose Mourinho is failing this Old...
- 04:38 Nicola Adams hold talks with Eddie Hearn over turning professional
- 04:37 Lindsay Lohan leaves town in the dark over pledge to switch on...
- 04:32 Dollar, bond yields stand tall on enhanced Fed rate hike prospects
- 04:15 Sea King helicopter transformed into glamping pod
- 04:15 'Emoldjis': Gran's call for older people's lives to be reflected
- 04:15 'Lethal' DNP diet pills still on sale despite crackdown, BBC finds
- 04:15 Pair charged over Broxburn homeless unit baby death
- 04:11 New York hospital hires ROBOT as new gynaecologist instead of doctors