News from Derbyshire Times
A troubled thief who took his GP’s car after stealing her purse and keys during a medical appointment has narrowly been spared from more time behind bars. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Thursday, December 2, how Ryan Christopher Brown, 30, stol
Police are appealing for information after three men forced their way into a house in Somercotes house and threatened the occupants. On Thursday, December 1 at 9.10pm a woman knocked on the door of a house on Birchwood Lane. The woman briefly spoke to an
Two friends have combined their passion for walking and railway history into a new Peak District walking guide. The book by Brian Bethune and Dave Singleton features 12 circular walks which are all based around the 33 miles of the former Cromford and Hig
A bereaved mum launched a pro-longed attack on a taxi-driver after he had tried to find her a cash machine so she could pay her fare. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard how booze-fuelled Lucy Beresford, 39, of Nelson Close, Middleton-by-Wirksworth, at
It’s been a busy old week in the world of news, sport and celeb. But how much attention have you been paying to what’s hit the headlines? Have a go at our quick quiz and see... And don’t forget to challenge your friends to have a try too.
Ofsted has launched its Annual Report for the year - which has revealed too many children are still not doing well enough in the region. The report revealed that out of those accessed in 2016, Derbyshire had the lowest percentage of pupils in good or out
An Ilkeston man has been jailed after offering ‘tip runs’ through Facebook and then disposing of the waste by fly-tipping it across Derbyshire. District Judge Taft said the scale of offending by Richard Oakley was “breathtaking”, as he sentenced him at S
The Environment Agency is currently investigating what appears to be oil on the Cromford Canal at High Peak Junction. An Environment Agency spokesperson said: "We have started an investigation into a patch of unidentified oil that has spread for...
Festive decorations are on the shelves in the shops, Santa wishlists are being penned so it can mean only one thing.....Christmas is almost here. And it wouldn’t be the festive season without the accompanying songs. Whether your jam is a classic, a dash
Police are re-appealing for information on the whereabouts of a man wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Long Eaton. Luke Monk, 28, is wanted in connection with a robbery which occurred around 10pm on Tuesday, August 23, at the Co-Operative stor
Think you know everything about Star Wars? Well, if you’re lucky enough to win an out-of-this world Top Trumps Quiz prize bundle worth a whopping £50 in our amazing prize giveaway, you can put your knowledge to the test. With Christmas just around the c
Firefighters were called to a car on fire in Staveley this morning. Crews attended Fern Avenue at around 5.12am and found one vehicle well alight. They used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze and left the scene around 5.57am.
Firearms officers are investigating after a gun shot was heard in a Chesterfield suburb this morning. Police were called to a house on Lucas Road at around 3am today (Thursday, December 1). A spokesman for Derbyshire police said: “We were called to repor
Homes are at risk of being overrun by a plague of rodents looking for warm place to sit out the winter - according to pest control experts. With weather forecasts predicting a polar vortex from the Arctic sending temperatures plummeting over the next few
In many ways, 13-year-old Emily Kay is just your typical teenager. Obsessed by video games and social networking but shy when asked to talk about herself, she could be any young girl in any part of the country. But Emily is not your typical teenager. Liv
- 06:52 Motorcyclists hold protest in Northampton in a bid to raise public...
- 06:52 ‘Micropub’ that costing £20,000 to renovate reacquainting...
- 06:52 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:45 Man City won't be able to play their usual way because of this...
- 06:45 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:44 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:40 Chapecoense plane crash: Team's home town gathers for memorial service
- 06:38 MP John Bercow defends his taxpayer spend on clothing
- 06:35 Minibus licence loophole puts people at risk - LGA
- 06:33 OPEC to meet non-OPEC producers on Dec. 10 in Vienna - sources
- 06:33 Thieves swipe games from disabled children
- 06:32 Former Man City and Chelsea man: This is the most likely result at...
- 06:29 Another record-breaking year for Wellingborough’s Poppy Appeal
- 06:29 Historic Wollaston shoe firm to open first factory shop
- 06:29 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:29 Leader comment: Talk of sea change in public opinion is fanciful
- 06:29 Future Fit: Call for delay over legal action in Shropshire A&E row
- 06:28 Derbyshire driver Keith Mees who was sending Facebook messages...
- 06:25 What's the best Christmas film of all time?
- 06:25 Hartlepool United’s players warned they must shape up or face being...
- 06:25 Police trying to trace Hartlepool man missing from home
- 06:25 Furious Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘clever’ Henri Lansbury after...
- 06:23 South Korean president Park Geun-Hye faces IMPEACHMENT vote...
- 06:22 Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
- 06:19 Court dates for three men after hare coursing in Pode Hole
- 06:18 Pampering pays off for old pals
- 06:18 Sponsors highlight success of businesses in the county
- 06:12 Dever’s set for the Italian job
- 06:10 Pothole funding boost could be the answer to Burton road woes
- 06:10 WATCH: Flood-hit Occupation Lane in Woodville to be closed for two...