News from Derbyshire Times
Police are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery at a bank in Eckington today. A man walked into the Lloyds branch in Market Street just before noon and demanded cash. He left a short time later empty-handed. No one was injured in the in
Three Derbyshire sites have been named among the most visited tourist attractions in the UK. Chatsworth, Bolsover Castle and Hardwick Hall are all featured in the list of the top 241 sites across the country, published by the Association of Leading Visit
TJ Hughes is to open at Chesterfield's former BHS next month, it has been officially confirmed this afternoon. The discount department store - which specialises in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics and technology and electrical goods - will launc
A man who tried to help a fearsome blackmailer to evade police has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice. Nottingham Crown Court heard on Wednesday, March 22, how Russell Greenhalgh, 49, had denied conspiring to pervert the course of just
Heartfelt tributes have been paid to a ‘tremendous’ and ‘caring’ young Ripley man who died shortly after an amateur boxing match. Talented boxer, Ed Bilbey, collapsed in the ring after the bout at The Post Mill Centre at South Normanton last Friday (Marc
Police are appealing for information after a school pupil was hit by a car after a woman allegedly drove her car at a group of students. Derbyshire police said the woman allegedly mounted the curb and hit the child after a verbal altercation in Heanor la
A Chesterfield Hotel-linked businessman who was convicted of a 'deplorable' crime insists he is innocent and is pursuing an appeal. As previously reported, Steven Green - who founded GS Estates VI Ltd, the company which owned the large hotel building - i
This is the shocking scene of a crash which amazingly ended in no serious injuries. Derbyshire police reported the crash on twitter early on Sunday morning (March 26), saying the driver was "found to be two times over the drink drive limit from...
An cyclist was taken to hospital after suffering back injuries in an accident at Hardwick Park. The Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance was called to the grounds of the stately home at 4.05 on Saturday, March 25. A spokesman said:...
A man racially abused the father of his girlfriend and damaged a door at his home after his partner had returned to her parents. Karl Anthony Dawes, 34, tried to kick down Peter Machon’s door at his home on Lowes Hill, at Ripley, and also sent abusive te
A man unleashed a nasty attack on his estranged wife after they had separated and the pressure of a financial settlement had left him fearing he could be left destitute. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Wednesday, March 22, how Paul Wakefield, 62
Mobile speed cameras are operating on the following Derbyshire roads until Sunday, April 9. A6005 Derby Road, Long Eaton A6 Darley Dale A6005 Derby Road, Spondon A6096 Ladywood Road, Kirk Hallam A511 Swadlincote A6007 Shipley A514 Osmaston Road, Derby A6
A booze-fuelled husband assaulted his wife after a row and left her with a bleeding nose. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Wednesday, March 22, how Nathan Worthy, 36, of Castle Hill, Holmesfield, pushed his wife Amy Worthy who fell onto a worktop
A man has been given a community order for causing damage on the same day when he had just completed a previous community order for a previous conviction. Jake Harrison, 21, of Cornwall Drive, Brimington, Chesterfield, punched a hole in a staircase wall
All lanes are now open on the M1 Northbound following in earlier accident. Police and paramedics were in attendance at a collision near junction 30 for Worksop and Barlborough at around 6am this morning. Highways England has now reported that the motorwa
- 09:21 Big Little Lies: Nicole Kidman left in 'a lot of pain' with...
- 09:20 Which 11 Prem stars make it into the European media’s top 25...
- 09:20 In-demand midfielder appears to confirm Manchester United transfer
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster
- 09:15 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 09:14 Berlin airport ground staff agree pay deal after strikes - union
- 09:13 Cheshire West and Chester Fairtrade Fortnight is a big hit with...
- 09:13 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:13 Nick Clegg accuses Government of ‘clipping Parliament’s wings’ with...