News from Derbyshire Times
Good morning! Welcome to our live Rise and Shine feed which will run until around 10am. Please keep refreshing this page for the latest travel news, today’s weather forecast and lots of fun features to help ease you into your day...
Part of the A61 in Chesterfield was closed into the early hours of the morning as police dealt with what they described as an 'incident'. Officers shut the road between the Tesco and Horns Bridge roundabouts shortly before 11pm. The carriageways were reo
A community has been left in shock following the tragic death of a 14 year-old boy who was hit by a car. Connor Revill died due to his injuries after he was in collision with a black Ford Fusion car while riding his push scooter on Sunday night. Mike Pol
Motorists are being warned of delays on the A52 after a three-vehicle crash. The collision has occurred on the eastbound carriageway between the A5111 and the M1 near Stapleford. Police said those involved only suffered minor injuries.
A cat has apparently been poisoned to death in a Derbyshire town - sparking a police investigation. A member of the public called police when they discovered the dead animal in Crossley Street, Ripley, on Friday, February 10. A Derbyshire police spokesma
Talented student Amy Carter has been crowned the winner in a prestigious national fashion competition. Amy 22, from Ripley, scooped the top spot in the 2017 FAD Competition, which took place at the Freemasons Hall in London on Monday. Now in its 16th yea
Primark has removed a t-shirt promoting hit US TV show The Walking Dead from its stores after it was branded “fantastically offensive” and “racist” by an angry shopper. WARNING: WALKING DEAD VIDEO CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE Outraged Ian Lucraft was so o
Research shows the average East Midlands' motorist spends £2,136 on their cars each year - almost 10 per cent of their salary. The Car People study also found that in our region:
On Thursday at 12.30pm, we'll be holding a Facebook Live with a representative of INEOS about fracking and we want your questions to put to them If you've got something you want asking, comment below or email email@example.com (marking the subje
Work to transform Chesterfield's former Co-op building is due to start in May. The £20million development will see the Elder Way site turned into a budget hotel, six restaurants and a health and fitness centre.
Storm Doris is set to batter the East Midlands later this week with an amber warning of wind in force. The Met Office is forecasting gusts of 70 to 80mph for Thursday with damage to structures, interruptions to power supplies and widespread disruption to
Best-selling author, photographer and TV presenter Levison Wood will be visiting Chesterfield to share his experiences and exploits as a modern day explorer. With his keen desire to immerse himself fully in local cultures and customs, Levison Wood has de
Police have bailed a man who was arrested after a teenage boy died in a crash in South Normanton. Police were called to Fordbridge Lane just before 8pm on Sunday to reports that a 14-year-old boy on a scooter had been in collision with a black Ford Fusio
A poll of 1,000 people by coach operator National Express has revealed the five best-loved free attractions in the East Midlands Click 'tap to flip' to find out the results.
Tinnitus sufferers are being offered pioneering treatments with the launch of a leading new audiology clinic in Yorkshire. The Tinnitus Clinic, in Joseph’s Well, Leeds. will give new hope to thousands of those living with the distressing hearing conditio
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street
- 08:25 Jim Duffy: Searching for that spark of leadership
- 08:24 Letter: How much longer do taxpayers have to be at bottom of the list?
- 08:25 Kei Nishikori stunned at Rio Open by Thomaz Bellucci
- 08:24 Tipping point: Is fly-tipping getting out of control in Shropshire?
- 08:25 Angela Merkel facing election threat in head-to-head with former EU...
- 08:24 Prostate cancer: Ex-boxer Richie Woodhall urges Shropshire men to...
- 08:24 Van crash driver from Shrewsbury more than twice the drink-drive limit
- 08:24 Time to Bring on the Bride - could you star in new TV show?
- 08:24 Shropshire Council leader defends councillors' £11,500 alllowances
- 08:24 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:24 Red light cameras for Telford's problem Trench Lock interchange
- 08:24 Obese men last 1 minute and 30 seconds longer in bed – here’s why
- 08:24 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:24 Shropshire's most deadly roads: Map highlights county's crash hotspots
- 08:23 EastEnders viewers OUTRAGED as they spot major Queen Vic collapse...
- 08:23 Jo Cox’s heartbroken husband admits anguish of MP’s death ‘still...
- 08:23 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'
- 08:23 Models Own makes Leeds its flagship
- 08:22 Transfer News: Chelsea swap, battle for Arsenal ace, Man United...
- 08:22 Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment...