News from Derby Telegraph
Former Derby County football star Robbie Savage is strongly rumoured to be in this year's I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! team. Robbie, who famously captained the Rams and has kept in close contact with friends he made here during his time at the
This is the remarkable audio recording which captures the moment a six-year-old Derby girl phoned 999 to save her mother's life. Amazing Lilly-Mae, six, found mum Portia David, 24, unresponsive on the floor and, despite only being a young child, she knew
Derby shoppers heading to Ikea at Giltbrook Retail Park could win anything from a hotdog to a family trip to Sweden as part of the store's massive freebie promotion. The promotion was hugely popular when it ran earlier this year and, basically, it's a pr
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to about a robbery in a Derbyshire restaurant car park. According to police, a man was conned into agreeing to buy cigarettes outside the Oxford Pub in Long Eaton's Market Place, before bei
A senior executive at Japanese car manufacturer Toyota has said that he does not see the company pulling the plug on its Derbyshire plant following Britain's decision to leave the European Union In an interview with reporters in Tokyo this week, Didier L
Getting a little sick and tired of the Halloween hype? We've found five of our most-read reviews of restaurants Your Spy has visited in the last year to help find somewhere to eat out and avoid answering the door. Secret Service sees someone who loves th
The imminent closure of one of Derby's markets has claimed its first casualties with a family who have traded on the site for more than a century told to leave. Derby's Wholesale Market is due to be demolished next year with the city council opting to se
The 2016 Great British Bake Off is over but Derby has had every reason to be proud - as the city's own Andrew Smyth finished as runner-up in the competition. Andrew, 25, was beaten in the BBC competition by winner Candice Brown and so was fellow runner-u
More than 53 people have been added to a list of potentially dangerous offenders living in Derbyshire. A total of 1,437 convicts are now being monitored in the county – 1,106 of which are registered sex offenders. The figures were provided by Derbyshire
The beating heart of village life is due to return to Mugginton, as the wraps are about to come off a million pound restoration of its pub. The Cock Inn has been boarded up and abandoned for around a decade but it has been rescued by a newly-formed pub c
Delays in completing work at a new Derby city restaurant have led to the opening being put back by three days. Carluccio's had been due to open in the Intu Shopping Centre on Friday lunchtime but now the chain has been forced to put it back until Monday,
Two Derbyshire leisure centre cafes and a creche are to be shut by a council amid accusations of mismanagement and discrimination. The criticism came from the Labour opposition who claimed that Erewash Borough Council failed to seek alternatives to the c
A Derbyshire road will be closed for several hours because of roadworks which will take place this weekend. The work is needed as part of the ongoing project to open a new £10 million railway station at Ilkeston. The closure will be on Coronation Road fr
The chances of a patient dying if they are admitted to a Derby hospital at the weekend are almost a quarter higher than if they arrive midweek, new figures show. For admissions to a Derby hospital between April 1, 2015, and March 31 this year, the chance
Are you excited for the arrival of high street retailer Joules in Sadler Gate this weekend? If you're a fan of the store, you might want to get there early to be in with a chance of receiving a free gift card. The first 21 shoppers in the queue outside J
- 15:45 Fire alarm in Skegness sparked by dust
- 15:43 Injury update on Hartlepool United duo
- 15:43 District set to respond to boundary proposals
- 15:42 Rangers boss Mark Warburton shoots down speculation over Wigan job...
- 15:42 Grimsby Town INJURY NEWS: Midfielder set to be out for 'a while'...
- 15:41 Scottish Secretary David Mundell says coming out as gay was 'one of...
- 15:41 Brexit vote hits Bucher's street and sewer cleaning sales
- 15:41 ECB's Nowotny says December meet will decide on QE, what assets to...
- 15:41 Cameron Fields admits murdering Adam Bent in knife attack in...
- 15:40 Winsford company director loses bid to reduce jail term
- 15:40 Student protects teacher by knocking out classmate who punched her...
- 15:39 Emeka Obi appears to confirm Liverpool transfer move on Twitter
- 15:39 Who is Eric Molina the boxer rumoured to face Anthony Joshua in...
- 15:38 Fifty Shades of Grey artwork launched in Nottingham
- 15:38 Is Remembrance only for older veterans?
- 15:36 Ladies vintage watch handed in at Leamington Police Station
- 15:35 Nissan decision to build new Qashqai and X-Trail in Sunderland...
- 15:34 Brexit vote a chance to ‘rebuild’ Scotland’s digital policy
- 15:33 Socialists to fight Rajoy's policies in new Spanish government
- 15:33 Hull City of Culture 2017: How to get free tickets to spectacular...
- 15:32 Help deter unwanted trick or treaters by displaying free poster
- 15:32 Man City prospect Maffeo could be the solution to Guardiola's...
- 15:32 Report highlights work done in Derbyshire to protect people from...
- 15:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 15:31 Lancaster MP Cat Smith stands up for bus passengers
- 15:30 Millions of 'alien' ladybirds carrying an STD heading our way
- 15:29 How killer superbugs like MRSA are being spread around hospital...
- 15:29 Girl, 9, who fell into a scalding hot bath takes her first steps in...
- 15:29 Why people are lining up for organs infected with hepatitis C:...
- 15:29 Nathaniel Chaloba admits it’s a relief Chelsea manager Antonio...