News from Derby Telegraph
The Government has ruled that HS2 cannot buy land beyond what is necessary to build the line - leaving some Long Eaton residents claiming they are receiving less help and support selling their homes, which would be close to the new railway. According to
A man has been arrested in connection with an alleged armed robbery in an amusement arcade. Police say the offender is believed to have walked in and threatened staff with a "bladed instrument" before making off with a large quantity of...
A cleaner who stole rings worth £30,000 from a bedroom of a house where she worked went on to receive £335 for them at a "cash for gold" shop in Derbyshire. A court heard how Lesley Grainger, 55, of Crowcroft Way, Long Eaton, took the three...
A three-car crash on a busy Derby road this morning could explain why you were delayed on your way to work this morning. The cars crashed at 7.24am on London Road near the Ascot Drive roundabout sending one vehicle spinning out into oncoming traffic. A b
Over-cooking roast potatoes, chips and toast can cause cancer, the UK's top food watchdog has warned. If you love your food crispy, or even a bit burnt, you could be exposing your body to a cancer-causing chemical called acrylamide, says the Food Standar
A man has been jailed for 36 weeks for an incident in the Accident and Emergency department at Royal Derby Hospital. Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court heard how Anthony Bowmer, 24, of Station Street, Burton, pleaded guilty to flashing on January 9 b
A Derby insolvency expert has warned that a "hard Brexit" is likely to lead to a surge in companies going out of business. According to research by insolvency and restructuring trade body R3, almost three-quarters of its members believe the...
A gang of youths - one as young as 10 - assaulted two friends and tried to rob them as they walked in Allestree. Police said today that the incident happened at around around 6.15pm on Thursday, January 19. Officers revealed that two 16-year-old boys wer
After the week in which Rolls-Royce agreed to pay £671 million to avoid prosecution from the Serious Fraud Office over bribery and corruption claims, Saj Ahmad, chief analyst at StrategicAero Research, based across London and Dubai, writes for the Derby
Derby Telegraph readers have rallied in support of a CCTV car which has caught more than 400 drivers parking illegally outside Derby schools. The fixed penalty notices have been issued over the past three years after the Derby City Council vehicle, which
Derby train operator East Midlands Trains has said it will be laying on more trains to allow Leicester City fans to attend this weekend's FA Cup clash with Derby County. On Friday night, January 27, the Rams will take on the Foxes in an FA Cup fourth rou
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on the M1 this morning after a crash involving at least one lorry and a car. Officers from Derbyshire police were called to the incident, on the northbound carriageway between Junction 28, for Alfreton, and Tibsh
A woman remains in a serious condition after a crash on the M1 and police are still appealing for video footage of the incident as they investigate what happened. There were severe delays last Thursday following the collision between the car and van, whi
Driving in winter weather can be tricky at the best of times, especially when visibility is reduced. Fog can change the way we drive significantly, even on routes we are very familiar with, as we are all more cautious. You might be tempted to reach for t
The following people have been convicted at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court of the following offences: Diana Heck, 29, of Melville Court, Etwall, was handed a 12-month community order, with 100 hours of unpaid work, and was ordered to pay £100 cos
- 17:00 Gorden Kaye, ‘Allo ‘Allo! actor, dies aged 75
- 17:00 Calderdale offers safe and secure home to Syrian refugees
- 16:59 Business boost for growth corridor
- 16:58 S&P 500 AND NASDAQ NOW DOWN ABOUT 0.6 PCT
- 16:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expects more transfer business during...
- 16:57 Raver caught with £4,500 worth of ecstasy down his pants at illegal...
- 16:57 The bizarre 'bubble bowl' chair for CATS: £30 invention lets your...
- 16:57 Who is Sean Spicer? What you need to know about the new White House...
- 16:57 Trident 'misfire' farce as Theresa May's Defence Secretary refuses...
- 16:56 British Steel beefs up distribution teams as construction sector...
- 16:55 Nottingham burger restaurant offers all-you-can-eat deal every...
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...
- 16:46 Stop talking rubbish, this tree is not an ISIS terror threat says...
- 16:45 Resident Evil 7 biohazard review – survival horror reborn
- 16:45 Actor Gorden Kaye, known as ‘Allo ‘Allo’s Rene Artois, dies at the...
- 16:45 Man tries to trip up teenager before victim has bike stolen in Corby
- 16:45 Lightsaber martial arts is a thing, and we tried it
- 16:45 Compensation available to people affected by loss of gas supply in...
- 16:45 Eurovision 2017: Which former X Factor contestant will represent...