News from Daventry Express
Such has been the swift progress made by Justin Edinburgh at Northampton that this gutsy away performance and hard-earned point came to the surprise of very few. Scarcely six weeks ago, a trip to someone like Southend, a team enjoying good form and one w
Opposition view: Key refereeing decision frustrates Brown after ‘two points dropped’ in Cobblers draw
A key decision made by referee John Brooks bore the brunt of Phil Brown’s frustration after the Southend United manager rued ‘two points dropped’ following their 2-2 draw with Northampton Town on Saturday. Brown was referring to the moments before half-t
Not so long ago, it seemed like the Saints No.1 shirt would be emblazoned with the Waller name for many years to come. Alex Waller continues to hold onto it, but his brother, Ethan, had been pushing him all the way. In fact, during Ethan’s emergence from
Long Buckby Station is finally set to get an upgrade – with a hot food and drink service set to start. Later this month MYO Streetfood will start offering hot drinks and food from its vehicle at the station for travellers and passersby. Victoria Ponsford
The creation of a local lottery to raise money for good causes in the Daventry area has moved a step closer. Members of Daventry District Council’s strategy group gave their backing to plans for the community lottery at their meeting on Thursday evening
Vote for your Cobblers star man here following their 2-2 at Southend United on Saturday. Marc Richards and John-Joe O’Toole both scored first-half goal as Northampton twice came from behind to earn a crucial point.
Cobblers boss Justin Edinburgh described his side’s hard-fought 2-2 draw at Southend United as the ‘best point’ they’ve earned since he took charge of the club last month. After winning three successive home matches, Northampton continued to make strides
Cobblers picked up an important away point on Saturday when they held play-off chasing Southend United to a 2-2 draw after a battling performance at Roots Hall. All four goals came in a breathless first-half that involved both teams creating chances and
Four people are set to appear at Wellingborough Magistrates’ Court this morning, charged with the murder of 17-year-old Liam Hunt. A 16-year-old boy, two 17-year-old boys and an 18-year-old man have been charged. A 17-year-old boy has also been arrested
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a flat fire in Northampton. Two people were rescued from the property in Hunters Close in the Obelisk Rise area of the town at about 4am this morning (Saturday). Four crews from Northants Fi
Fixture: Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints (Aviva Premiership - round 15) Date and kick-off time: Sunday, February 19, 2017, 3pm Venue: Kingston Park, Newcastle upon Tyne Newcastle Falcons: Tait; Goneva, Waldouck, Socino, Sinoti; Hodgson, Takulua; V
Northamptonshire’s NHS may soon be forced to rely on “nursing on the cheap” as vacancies of qualified staff mount and trainees on cheaper and quicker courses are hired, the Royal College of Nursing has warned. NHS organisations in the county are triallin
Here are two remarkable photos from more than 100 years ago. The images of soldiers on horseback and an airship are not normally associated with the Daventry area, but both these were taken in the same week of September 1913, in and around the town. They
The NHS must not be forced to rely on ‘nursing on the cheap’ as vacancies of fully-qualified staff mount and trainees on cheaper and quicker courses are brought in, the Royal College of Nursing has warned. The number of people applying to be nurses has f
Government and National Health Service bosses must plug a multi-billion pound funding gap in the NHS budget. Following explosive reports this week on the plans that could alter the course of the NHS in England, we’ve summarised everything you need to kno
- 21:02 Iraq's oil reserves increase to 153 billion barrels, oil minister says
- 21:00 Woman, 27, dead and children among injured in Cumbria crash horror
- 20:59 Migrants catch buses to Dunkirk in latest bid to reach Britain
- 20:59 Merkel gets tough on migrants: Chancellor deports RECORD 80,000...
- 20:59 Man United boss Jose Mourinho reveals why Chelsea are favourites...
- 20:57 Countryfile viewers horrified by GRAPHIC cow Caesarean: ‘Tell me...
- 20:57 Newcastle know they have the capabilities to beat Aston Villa -...
- 20:57 Jose Mourinho hints Chelsea should have edge in FA Cup...
- 20:55 Jose Mourinho praises attitude of Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 20:54 Police surprised by response for oversubscribed ‘ride along’ scheme
- 20:53 Discover just what Bowland has to offer
- 20:51 'Chelsea can afford to pay more attention to FA Cup quarter final...
- 20:49 Euro giants join four Premier League clubs in battle for £40m-rated...
- 20:47 YouTube sensation Korean Billy tries his hand at talking Brummie
- 20:41 Suicide bomb in market in Somalia capital kills 39
- 20:41 Neglected dog’s fur was so matted it couldn’t pee properly
- 20:39 Alex Neil says Norwich City struggle in games like trip to Burton...
- 20:39 Mother of baby who nearly died from heart defect raises money for...
- 20:38 Retired Cod Wars trawler converted into Ben Nevis BnB
- 20:37 Graeme Souness launches scathing attack on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil
- 20:36 Welsh Premier: Bangor City survive late scare to take three points
- 20:31 Chelsea ace is destined for big things: He's proved this to Antonio...
- 20:31 Paul Scholes: Jose Mourinho must sign Champions League winner to...
- 20:31 Tributes are paid to Sheffield gun attack victim
- 20:27 'Over the moon' - hundreds of fans at Sincil Bank for Lincoln City...
- 20:27 Electrical fault causes car fire in Tydd Gote
- 20:25 Jose Mourinho tells Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Manchester United...
- 20:24 Carlisle opera singer Andrew Johnston wows cathedral audience
- 20:24 Woman and two children in miracle escape after their car overturns
- 20:24 Ten years on, witnesses share memories of the Grayrigg train disaster