News from Daventry Express
Saints were eventually overpowered by Montpellier as their Champions Cup campaign ended with a 26-17 defeat at the Altrad Stadium on Friday night. Jim Mallinder’s men had looked set to shock their hosts when George North thought he had scored early in th
Tom Wood has shouldered the weight of Saints’ expectations this season. The captain has not just embraced the role of skipper, he has let it become him. And through an inconsistent season for his club, Wood has been a picture of consistency. In the past
Justin Edinburgh is hoping to hit the ground running and ‘make an impact’ in his first game in charge of the Cobblers at Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday. Town travel to Stadium MK hoping to claim a first win since the 1-0 victory at Oxford United on Boxin
The latest photo editing app to go viral, Meitu, has sparked serious security and privacy concerns as Android users are allegedly giving away huge amounts of information to the Chinese tech company in order to download the selfie taking app. The app whic
A group of campaigners have unveiled a banner on the A45 near Wellingborough as Donald Trump is set to become the USA’s president. The group displayed the banner today in support of the national campaign “Build Bridges Not Walls” on the A45 running from
A man smashed the glass in the door of West Haddon Post Office and broke into the shop. The incident happened on Wednesday January 18 and police say that sometime between 3am and 3.15am, two men smashed the glass of the front door with a hammer and enter
Milton Keynes Dons boss Robbie Neilson has warned his team they face a physical battle against the Cobblers on Saturday, but believes his team’s ‘quality’ will ensure they claim a victory. Town travel to Stadium MK for new boss Justin Edinburgh’s first g
Train conductors on London Midland, which runs trains through Northampton and Long Buckby, are being balloted on strike action. Members of the rail union RMT said it was balloting members over a decision to place security contractors on London Midland tr
Keshi Anderson believes if he is given the time on the pitch then he will score the goals that will propel the Cobblers up the Sky Bet League One table. The Crystal Palace striker is set to make his Town debut at Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday (ko 3pm) a
A higher percentage of residents work in the Daventry district than the national average figures have shown. Employment figures released by the Government show that around 80 per cent of people in our district have a job, compared to a national average o
Campese Ma’afu is closing in on a return to action at Saints. The loosehead prop suffered a broken wrist in Fiji’s defeat to England at Twickenham in November. He has been unavailable for Saints ever since. And forwards coach Dorian West said: “He’s set
Fixture: Montpellier v Northampton Saints (Champions Cup Pool 4 - game six) Date and kick-off time: Friday, January 20, 2017, 7.45pm (GMT) Venue: Altrad Stadium, Montpellier Montpellier: Michel; Nagusa, Tomane, Dumoulin, Nadolo; Catrakilis, White; Narias
The Advertising Standards Authority has released the 10 most complained-about adverts from last year. The list includes MoneySuperMarket’s dance-off, Paddy Power’s Euro 2016 advert featuring Scottish fans, and jokes about disability in Maltesers commerci
FEATURE: New Town boss Edinburgh on potential, the squad, Kelvin Thomas, club spirit... and turning down...
As he settles into the manager’s chair and makes himself at home at Sixfields, Justin Edinburgh admits he is excited by the potential of the Cobblers - and has also explained his reasons for turning down an approach from the club to take over from Aidy B
Nafi Tuitavake will start for Saints for the first time as a much-changed side faces Montpellier on Friday night. (7.45pm GMT). The Tongan centre arrived at Franklin’s Gardens during the summer and has made just two appearances so far, coming off the ben
- 08:40 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:37 Jose Mourinho admits Luke Shaw is going through a difficult period...
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks
- 08:31 Shinal A464 accident blackspot: Traffic lights to stay longer
- 08:31 NHS bosses apologise to parents over Shrewsbury man's suicide
- 08:30 Horror bus crash in Italy leaves 16 dead after coach carrying...
- 08:28 Fun parties raise big total for school
- 08:26 Where to buy your own tea room in the West Midlands
- 08:25 Up to 16 dead after bus carrying students crashes and bursts into...
- 08:24 Kathy Secker's TV-presenter daughter Jayne opens up about how proud...
- 08:24 Burglar who targeted popular Tynemouth fish restaurant avoids jail
- 08:24 Amber's Law: Ball to be held in honour of 25-year-old cervical...
- 08:24 Author strikes gold with debut teenage novel