News from Daventry Express
Cobblers boss Rob Page felt his side’s dominant performance against Shrewsbury Town in Saturday’s 4-2 victory would have been good enough to ‘beat any other team’ in Sky Bet league One. Up against the division’s bottom club, Northampton always looked a c
Nic Groom says he has yet to have ‘the perfect game’ for Saints. And the South African scrum-half has promised the club’s supporters that he will only get better in the coming weeks and months. Groom has made the No.9 shirt his own in recent matches, kee
Fixture: Castres v Northampton Saints (Champions Cup Pool 4 - game two) Date and kick-time: Saturday, October 22, 3.15pm Venue: Stade Pierre Antoine, Castres Castres: Geoffrey Palis; Horacio Agulla, Thomas Combezou, Robert Ebersohn, David Smith; Benjamin
Alan Dickens insists he is not fazed by his dual role at Saints. The assistant coach, who was formerly a player at Northampton before moving into the management team, is helping to fill the void left by Alex King. King’s departure was announced last Frid
Here are a couple of photos we dug out of the archives from 1984. The top photo shows High Street looking south. The old school and council buildings (now the library and its car park) are at the bottom. The Stead and Simpson factory in New Street can be
A Braunston-based charity has celebrated its 35th birthday by reliving the ‘first fiver’ donations which heralded its beginnings. LNBP at Braunston, formerly known as the London Narrow Boat Project, is a non-profit charity which offers community groups,
A campaign has been launched to recruit people who can offer support to a vulnerable adult in Northamptonshire. Shared Lives is an initiative run by Northamptonshire County Council and its care home arm Olympus Care Services that primarily offers adults
East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) has won a national award for one of its services. The Community Response Team from EMAS won the emergency services team of the year award at the UK Heart Safe Awards. EMAS head of Community Response, Michael Barnett
Brits will spend nearly eight years of their lives doing household chores, a study has found. Cleaning, ironing, food shop shopping and even walking the dog means the average adult spends just under three hours a day on domestic tasks. This amounts to 20
In the words of the famous proverb: “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again”. And it is a piece of good, honest, advice that has finally paid off for 10-year-old Harvey Warren from Kingsthorpe, who has achieved his ambition to appear in The D
New teams of 'nursing associates' will be trained and recreated across Northamptonshire to work in hospitals, GP practices and care homes. Training and recruitment for these new roles will begin in December. It is not clear how many roles will be created
Dylan Hartley makes his long-awaited return from injury when Saints take on Castres in the Champions Cup on Saturday (ko 3.15pm). The hooker has been named in the team to face the French side at Stade Pierre Antoine, and also returning to the pack is Cou
Tom Wood says Saints must ‘box clever’ in Saturday’s clash with Castres. Wood felt his side were guilty of lacking intelligence in their most recent away game: the 20-9 defeat at Harlequins. But they bounced back from the shocker at The Stoop with a nail
Unsung heroes from across the county have been honoured at our annual Pride in Northamptonshire Awards. The awards, run jointly by the Northampton Chronicle and Echo, Northants Telegraph and Daventry Express, took place last night at the Kettering Park H
Recaro Child Safety is offering a product replacement programme for its Recaro fix base, which can be used with the Optia child seat as well as the Privia infant carrier. The company has found that the hooks which connect the Recoro base to the child sea
- 18:55 US election: Trump outlines plan for first 100 days
- 18:55 Smoke from Seaforth blaze to lower this evening which could cause...
- 18:54 Newcastle United 3-0 Ipswich Town: Rafael Benitez's boys extend...
- 18:54 US Grand Prix F1 qualifying LIVE: Lewis Hamilton targets pole...
- 18:53 See what the chocolate sausage really tasted like at Chocival
- 18:51 Why being a 'silver splitter' is a health risk: Those who divorce...
- 18:50 Dad hopes his battle to overcome rare disease will give strength to...
- 18:50 Inquest opened into death of much-loved Middlesbrough lad
- 18:50 Devoted Sian follows in dad's footsteps to make a difference
- 18:50 Almost 100 people gather for vigil after dog was found buried alive...
- 18:50 Two vehicles involved in another crash on the A171 near Guisborough
- 18:48 One-fingered typists are no slower, so there
- 18:48 'I'm in the dark over Paul Hurst's future at Grimsby Town' -...
- 18:46 'We can't sleep at night but we still believe he's alive': Dad of...
- 18:45 Aston Villa: This man Jonathan Kodjia is the new Holte End darling!
- 18:43 Death toll in Cameroon train crash rises to 70
- 18:43 Blackburn over London for Mehreen
- 18:41 Cobblers performance ‘good enough to beat anyone’, says boss Page
- 18:41 Nottingham City Transport bus named in honour of Herbert Kilpin,...
- 18:40 Arsene Wenger admits he doesn’t know when Santi Cazorla will make...
- 18:40 Leicester City star Shinji Okazaki just quietly equalled a Premier...
- 18:37 Hole lot of fun as Prairie Sports Village unveil mini golf launch
- 18:37 Lifetime achievement honour beckons for Burnley’s “Renaissance Man”
- 18:34 Scottish Cup: Ten-man East Kilbride stun Cowdenbeath
- 18:31 Salford City stunned by deadly Dyer as Tamworth take points
- 18:30 Chester King's School visited by former student turned Olympic star...
- 18:30 Halloween retail therapy
- 18:28 Scunthorpe United players showed a belief how good they are says...
- 18:28 'Loveable rogue' who survived fleecing The Krays dies in Birmingham
- 18:27 PNE keeper takes it to the Max!