News from Daily Record
When is Easter 2017? Key bank holiday dates and facts for Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday
It is the time of year when chocolate eggs and bunnies are beginning to fill supermarket shelves and many people's thoughts are turning to the religious origins of Easter. And for many, the first bank holiday weekend of the year - with four straight days
More than 75 girls were sent home from school after staff said their trousers were TOO TIGHT. Some young pupils aged from 11 to 16 were also told their skirts were not long enough, parents claimed. Mums of students who were told to go home from Smith’s W
A school of fish churns up the sea bed, creating a tornado effect under the water. Snapper Christian Vizl's striking image has been shortlisted in the Sony World Photography Awards. Christian said: “Each image is a visualisation of that sublime moment wh
Vulnerable families will be driven into crisis by SNP cuts to a lifeline welfare fund for Glasgow’s poorest, a Labour council leader has claimed. The Scottish Government plan to slash the city’s allocation from the Scottish Welfare Fund by more than a fi
It is a national scandal that 220,000 children across Scotland are living in poverty. Like every Labour politician, I entered politics to do everything in my power to improve the lives of people who struggle every day to make ends meet. That’s what Labo
Tributes were paid yesterday to a “true diamond” mum who died at a vigil for a missing disabled relative. Colleagues of Julie McCash posted the emotional online message after she was stabbed at a family gathering in Dundee on Sunday morning. The 43-year-
A Scottish single mum with incurable breast cancer is calling for a vital drug to be made available on the NHS. Alison Tait is undergoing chemotherapy for HER2+ metastasized breast cancer and wants Kadcyla to be prescribed to help lengthen the lives of p
What is HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer? HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer can be an aggressive type of breast cancer . The outlook can therefore be very poor in this patient group. Patients usually live for two to three years after diagnosis
Four mums connected by incurable breast cancer have joined forces to campaign for a life-saving drug to be made available to all Scotswomen who need it. Three of them owe their lives to the drug Kadcyla, while the other prays she is able to get it when h
'You will always be in my heart' Daughter's tribute to firefighter dad killed by own car in freak accident
A devastated daughter has paid a proud tribute to her firefighter dad after he was killed under his own car in a freak tragedy. Tommy Macaulay, 55, was crushed to death when his vehicle rolled on top of him outside a house in the Highland village of Helm
A Scots cattle dealer masterminded a £342,000 kidnap and blackmail plot after a business deal turned sour. Robert Vevers, 59, lured his victim to Northern Ireland and had him tied up, hooded and bundled into a van by an armed gang near Omagh. The man, w
Romanian dog Ringo causing social media war in Ayrshire faces death threat from woman who rescued him
The Romanian dog loose in a Scots village now faces a death threat – from the woman who rescued him. In a bizarre social media rant aimed at villagers in Stewarton, in Ayrshire, Claire Revis, who “saved” Ringo from the harsh streets of Romania, warned: ”
A mum has voiced her despair that the thug who bottled her 12-year-old son as he attended a football match has escaped justice. Laura Mackay had hoped DNA from the missile thrown at her boy would lead to an arrest – but tests have proved negative. Ranger
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers backs calls for an investigation into links between football and dementia
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has thrown his weight behind calls for an investigation into links between football and dementia after it emerged Billy McNeill is suffering from the illness. Lisbon Lions skipper McNeill’s family have urged the football autho
Fraser Brown isn’t going ape at the prospect of Scotland’s next attempt to get a Six Nations monkey off their backs. As another unwanted record took a tumble at the weekend with a first win over Wales for a decade, all eyes turn to London where it’s now
- 07:48 Thieves sentenced for stealing over £3,500 worth of copper cable
- 07:49 Grimsby Town goalkeeper on what is needed to make the League Two...
- 07:49 Dominic Vose back in the frame for Grimsby Town vs Colchester United
- 07:48 Generosity the key to saving historic organ
- 07:49 Grimsby-area physio Louis Houtsnee had 'no clinical reason to...
- 07:48 Scunthorpe v AFC Wimbledon: Graham Alexander expects just as tough...
- 07:48 Tributes to former Scunthorpe Telegraph reporter Cliff Padley
- 07:48 Dad who drove at 80mph after taking cocaine is spared prison
- 07:48 How many more hours did people in your area waste caught in road...
- 07:48 Council advised about naming streets in Scunthorpe in case of...
- 07:47 BT landline-only customers set to get £5 off monthly bills
- 07:46 Pea and mayonnaise pizza is making everyone deeply uncomfortable
- 07:44 Philippine Congress postpones embattled minister's confirmation...
- 07:44 RBS Six Nations: Danny Care gives his verdict on England v Italy...
- 07:42 Travelling to South Africa? Watch out for the law requiring...
- 07:42 If I move energy providers will I REALLY need to get a new smart...
- 07:41 Luke Shaw set to look for Manchester United exit in summer...
- 07:40 Live: Traffic and travel for Leicestershire
- 07:40 Weather for Leicestershire
- 07:40 Stricter punishments to come into force for drivers who use mobile...
- 07:40 On the search for burglar after raid
- 07:40 King’s beech to mark royal visit
- 07:40 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 07:39 Jose Mourinho has made this major change from Louis van Gaal at Man...
- 07:39 See stunning images shortlisted for Sony World Photography Awards 2017
- 07:39 More than 75 girls sent home from school after staff said their...
- 07:39 When is Easter 2017? Key bank holiday dates and facts for Good...
- 07:38 Insurance broker JLT posts 1 pct 2016 profit rise
- 07:38 Manchester United complete signing of Levent Gundogan following...
- 07:38 Cyber attackers target Singapore Defence Ministry, but no secrets...