News from Daily Post
Allan Davies - he scores goals. That's all that needs to be said. Tell us about the clubs you have played for in your career and how you got on at each of them. Llandudno, Llandudno Junction, Glan Conwy, Llandudno Albion. Llandudno have gone on to big th
A man dressed up as former Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi has been convicted of savagely biting another man’s ear off on a night out. Former soldier Geraint Jones tore off Gwynant Jones’ ear off in Aberystwyth on Hallowe’en last year. The history studen
An RNLI crew paid a touching tribute to a former station mechanic by carrying his coffin to the church on the inshore lifeboat. Volunteers from Rhyl’s lifeboat station led Ray Coltman’s funeral procession through the town this afternoon. The 79-year-old
Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is expected to be back in full training next week when his team-mates return from their warm-weather training camp in Spain. The Croatia international did not make the trip to La Manga on Wednesday, instead remaining on Me
An ancient wall at a 7th Century church is collapsing, sparking fears a child could be injured. Part of the stone boundary wall at St Beuno’s Church, Clynnog Fawr, Gwynedd , has begun to crumble and the rest of the structure is in urgent need of repair.
Young farmers in Meirionnydd wanted to do their bit to support a campaign to buy Wales YFC’s national HQ building. They achieved it in magnificent style by raising £4,126 at a cabaret night and auction of promises at Dinas Mawddwy village hall. Top aucti
A householder flicked on the lights in a room in his home to find a burglar climbing through the window. The startled thief fled the scene after trying to break into the house in Bangor through a window on the ground floor. There were a number of people
An entry of good quality store cattle resulted in a brisk trade at Gaerwen livestock market’s annual February prize sale. A well attended sale also saw a sharp trade for OTM cattle, which achieved some excellent prices. A total of 290 store cattle, 21 OT
A gallery volunteer said she’s been inundated with phone calls and messages after an unfortunate typing error in the North Wales Weekly News mistakenly listed her art classes as ‘fart classes.’ Brenda Guinn said she was “upset” by the error that was mean
Barcelona's 4-0 Champions League defeat to PSG on Tuesday night has prompted speculation the Catalan giants will axe Luis Enrique in the summer. And inevitably, Everton boss Ronald Koeman, a Barca legend, is among the names being linked to the Nou Camp.
Vegan restaurant that banned animal fat fivers now in dilemma after revealed £10 notes will be the same
The owner of a vegan restaurant that refuses to accept £5 notes as they contain animal fat now faces a "difficult decision" after it was revealed new £10 notes will be the same. Rachael Phoenix, the owner of Voltaire in Bangor, took the...
A man whose body was found on the main route into North Wales from Merseyside has been named as 30-year-old Michael Daniel. Mr Daniel, who was from Oxton, on the Wirral, was discovered on the central reservation of the M53 between junctions 2 and 3 on Th
Bankers have been accused of snubbing a North Wales county after failing to attend a meeting about branch closures. Denbighshire County Council said it was “frustrated” and “disappointed” at a decision by NatWest not to send a representative along to a s
A rare throwback clip of EastEnders stalwart June Brown appearing in Coronation Street more than 45 years ago has been shared by the soap, leading the tributes on the veteran star's 90th birthday. While Brown is best known for appearing as Dot Cotton in
This spectacular cloud formation was captured by a hill farmer as the sun rose over the Carneddau mountains in North Wales. Gareth Wyn Jones, whose TV series “Milk Man” is currently airing on BBC Wales, snapped the strange phenomenon while on his early-m
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay