News from Daily Post
Wales under-20s coach Jason Strange has named an exciting 32-man squad for the Six Nations as Welsh juniors look to defend their Grand Slam crown. Wales lifted a first Six Nations clean sweep at U20s age grade level last season – finished off with a 35-6
A half-tonne Darth Vader floating in mid-air stopped traffic in Rhyl this morning. The force was strong as the Sith Lord was hoisted into place outside the home of Spencer Wilding - the man behind the iconic mask in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Last mon
Dean Keates admits he is still working hard to bring in a highly rated Premier League prospect, but does not believe the deal will be completed in time for Saturday’s cross-border derby. The Dragons boss has been running his eye over a young midfielder w
The owners of a new gourmet burger restaurant in Mold have said they already plan to set up even more in North Wales. Burger Shed 18 is set to open on Wrexham Street on Tuesday, February 13, if all goes to plan. The burger bar - which already has a siste
Santes Dwynwen Day is celebrated on January 25 every year, in honour of the Welsh patron saint of lovers, which is often considered the equivalent of St Valentine’s Day. Dwynwen translated means ‘she who leads a blessed life’ and is a popular day celebra
Toys R Us said their 'pop-up' store in Broughton is to remain at the retail park after a successful Christmas. The national retailer opened a 6,000sq ft shop at Broughton Shopping Park in October - creating 14 jobs. But they warned at the time that it co
A pub where boozing children were left “seriously injured” after getting into fights will be shut down. Staff at the Saracen’s Head Hotel on Corwen Road in Cerrigydrudion sold alcohol to underage drinkers and failed to control them when things got out of
Why if your cat goes missing in Gwynedd or Anglesey you're less likely ever to find out what happened to it
Two North Wales councils are under pressure to change the “distressing” way they deal with lost pets. Gwynedd and Anglesey are facing the brunt of a campaign supported by more than 50,000 people calling on them to scan cats found dead at the side of the
Bragging rights, as well as the three points, will be at stake on Saturday as Wrexham renew rivals with Chester. Saturday is the second instalment of the cross-border derby clash, and follows the 0-0 bore-draw played out at the Racecourse in September. C
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas believes Memphis Depay is chomping at the bit to show his "immense talent" as the Holland forward puts the final touches on his move from Manchester United. Aulas expects a deal to be concluded for the...
A probe into allegations of institutional abuse on a mental health ward had been delayed because staff are not co-operating, a health board meeting heard. The investigation is being carried out into the way patients on the Tawel Fan ward at Ysyty Glan Cl
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for a missing man who could be in North Wales. Merseyside Police are appealing for help to find Ian O’Brien who has links to Llandudno . The 51-year-old was last seen yesterday in Walton in Liverpool. Extensive
Campaigners in Gwynedd are set to join hundreds across the world in dropping protest banners against Donald Trump’s inauguration. A banner saying ‘Build Bridges Not Walls/ Pontydd Dim Waliau’ will be dropped from the A4244 cycle track at the Tregarth Jun
The Welsh timber industry – which employs 11,000 people – could be threatened by a lack of tree planting. Clifford Jones Timber in Ruthin has warned that a lack of wood could damage the sector despite demand being there to create to create thousands of e
A British man has died while working on a stadium for the 2022 World Cup, organisers said. They said the unnamed 40-year-old man died on Thursday during construction of the Khalifa International Stadium, which is due to stage games up to the quarter-fina
- 10:46 ‘It was a miracle no one was killed’: Car owners’ shock as tree...
- 10:45 'Paul Pogba wants me back at Manchester United... he wants to play...
- 10:45 Manchester City vs Tottenham combined XI: No room for Gabriel...
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...