News from Daily Post
Sir Alex Ferguson is to return to the Old Trafford dugout for Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick’s testimonial this summer. Ferguson, who retired in 2013 after 27 years at the United helm, will take charge of one of the teams at the June 4 matc
Wrexham crashed to a successive defeat for the first time since the turn of the New Year on Saturday as their away day woes yet again came back to haunt them. The Dragons have won only four times on their travels this season - at Guiseley, Boreham Wood,
Everton midfielder Tom Cleverley is a wanted man by his Watford team-mates and could be on the brink of joining the Vicarage Road club on a permanent basis. And that would be much to the delight of his potential new Hornets team-mates who would relish th
Brazil’s rotten meat scandal underlines the importance of “fair and balanced” trade deals following Brexit , Welsh farm leaders have said. Brazilian authorities have suspended 33 government officials and closed three meat plants amid claims that some of
An outbreak of Hepatitis A is being investigated after a second child at a primary school contracted the virus. Vaccines are being offered to pupils and staff at Ysgol Dewi Sant in Rhyl and to those who attend the after-school club. Public Health Wales s
Ian Rush expects Gareth Bale to get Wales back on World Cup track in Dublin and move even closer to his international goals record. Wales take on the Republic of Ireland on Friday four points adrift of the Group D leaders. But Rush feels the presence of
A school head teacher fears plans to turn an Old Colwyn house into a home for sex offenders will put pupils at risk. A charity wants to turn the property in Hesketh Road into a supported living complex for ex-cons, including alcoholics and drug addicts a
Dog owners have been warned to be vigilant after reports that toxic palm oil has washed up on Anglesey . The substance is suspected to have appeared at Tyn Tywyn beach in Llanfaelog and Silver Bay in Rhoscolyn. The discovery has prompted Anglesey council
Wales have called up Liverpool youngster Harry Wilson ahead of their World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland on Friday in Dublin. The Reds winger, who was born in Wrexham, and went to high school in Llangollen, has been named as a replacement
A Wrexham bar will stage a conference and concert this weekend to celebrate and inspire women. Fern Evans is hosting #Ignite - Inspiring and Encouraging Women at Set The Bar on Saturday March 25. She insisted it was not a "feminist" event...
FBI director James Comey has publicly confirmed for the first time that the agency is investigating Russia's efforts to interfere in the 2016 US presidential election. Mr Comey said this probe would include any potential coordination between Trump campai
The chairman of a rugby club that provided the secret location for a popular TV show said it was the “most embarrassing moment” of his year so far when only two people turned up. Sofa Watch on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway usually attracts hundre
Manchester United have confirmed they will tour the United States this summer. The Premier League club will play in five cities across the country including Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Santa Clara and Washington DC. No details of dates or opponents have
Dominic Calvert-Lewin has set his sights on earning a regular place in the Everton line-up after firing his maiden Blues goal in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Hull City. Calvert-Lewin opened the scoring for the Blues as he slotted home Tom Davies’s low cut bac
The new £1 coin comes into circulation in one week - find out what date and when the round pound coin will...
In just over a week's time a new £1 coin will start appearing in your loose change, purses and wallets. Thanks to its numerous anti-counterfeit security features, the 12-sided coin, is being dubbed one of the most secure in the world. And with just one w
- 07:45 Man arrested after leaving scene of car smash
- 07:45 Northern Ireland power-sharing deadline set to expire
- 07:45 Historic season at stunning resort venue
- 07:45 Man arrested after leaving scene of car smash
- 07:44 Two-vehicle crash closes Lincolnshire road
- 07:44 Arsenal player confirms permanent transfer to Premier League rivals...
- 07:42 Enjoy great night of music to help raise money to build a disabled...
- 07:42 Lancaster hospital staff are health heroes
- 07:42 Businesses warned of fake £5 notes circulating in the Louth area
- 07:42 SECOND plan for a new primary free school in Scartho area
- 07:42 Heartbroken mum's warning after loss of baby at seven months to...
- 07:42 Chelsea star Diego Costa opens up on top Antonio Conte target: Man...
- 07:42 Man Utd set to meet £43m release clause for Serie A star: Why...
- 07:42 Chelsea midfielder: This manager is one of the best I’ve worked...
- 07:41 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 27
- 07:40 Mess left is astonishing
- 07:40 Chelsea star: This is who I really wanted to join
- 07:40 Cristiano Ronaldo wants big Real Madrid signing: Team-mates...
- 07:40 Disrespectful and shambolic works
- 07:38 Thierry Henry not sure if he’d be ready to replace Arsenal boss...
- 07:38 Madeleine McCann ‘could still be alive – and her kidnapper has...
- 07:35 Everything you need to know about the new £1 coin
- 07:35 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 07:35 Fracking firm claims protesters are to blame for speed limit
- 07:34 New £2m Birmingham sculpture to be revealed next month
- 07:34 Aston Villa news digest: Striker linked; Benteke vs Kodjia;...
- 07:34 Birmingham City news digest: Selection conundrums; state of play...
- 07:34 West Brom news digest: Overachieving; Lai loving it; an Olsson...
- 07:34 Bill Jamieson: Can the BoE resist inflation trigger?
- 07:33 Liverpool star agrees bumper £2.2m deal - reports